When it comes to giving a Maid of Honor speech, there are a few things that you will want to keep in mind. Even if you are using a speech example below, you will want to make sure that you add personal details. In this article, we have listed numerous Maid of Honor speech examples to help you with the writing process.
How To Write a Maid of Honor Speech
When you start your speech, make it a point to let the crowd know who you are and what your relationship to the bride is. How do you know her? Where did you meet? You can just mention these facts briefly before you begin to delve into your speech.
Another thing that you can do in your speech is tell a story about a bride. You can even tell a story about the first time that you met the groom. Most of the best Maid of Honor speeches start with the bride and end with the couple.
Some details worth including are what the bride was like before she met the groom, and what she is like now that the groom is in her life. From seeing her laugh a lot more to noticing how much more she smiles now, these are details that the guests will love to hear.
While it might be common sense for some, you will want to make sure that you know what not to say in a wedding speech. Avoid talking about ex boyfriends or embarrassing stories where the bride got too drunk.
As for preparing for the actual event, make sure that you rehearse the speech. Practice it in front of at least one person. Rehearsing a speech in a room alone is just not the same.
It is even better to practice the speech in front of one of the bridesmaids. Keep practicing the speech. You do not need to memorize the speech, but the words in it should feel like second nature.
If you are worried about your nerves during the actual wedding speech, you can try to focus your eyes on the bride. Seeing a familiar face as you speak can help to ease your nerves.
Make sure that it is clear when the speech is over. Some phrases that will indicate this include, “let us toast to the bride and groom, “congratulations to the happy couple, and so on.
These are just some tips when it comes to preparing a great speech. Read the sample speeches below for more inspiration.
Maid of Honor Speech Examples
1. Once in a while, in the middle of an otherwise ordinary life, love bestows on us a fairy-tale, a romance that is true and pure. I have never seen another couple as in love as these two people here who have been married today and I am so honored to know and love them. Congratulations to you both and to the beautiful future that lays ahead of you.
2. Love is not always perfect, but when the right people are together, they will always fight to make it work. Nothing in the world can tear them apart. These two people sitting in front of me are the epitome of true love and I am so lucky to have been a part of this special day and bear witness to this proclamation of love. Let us toast to the happy newlyweds.
3. When I first met [bride’s name], we were both just young girls. Even then, I knew that she was someone special. She is one of the kindest, most generous people that I know.
And now, she is no longer a girl but a woman who has met her equal, another person in this world that is as deserving of her as she is of him. Together, they make a wonderful pair and I know that they will make each other so happy in their new life together.
4. As some of you know, I am fiercely protective of [bride’s name.] I would do anything for her and she is one of the most important people in my life. Over the years, we have laughed together, cried together, and had so many amazing memories. I am truly blessed to have someone like her in my life.
Since I am so protective of her, you can imagine how skeptical of [groom’s name] I was when he first came into the picture. I wondered what his intentions were. Was he good enough for such a unique and special person?
I soon learned that [groom] is just as amazing as [bride.] He worships her and would do anything to see her smile. They complement each other in the most perfect way. They are two twin souls that were destined to find each other. And I could not be happier for the two of them.
5. Before I begin my speech, I would just like to say that [bride’s name,] you look absolutely beautiful tonight and [groom,] you don’t look so bad yourself. It has been quite a day. An unforgettable, whirlwind of a day that celebrates the fact that two people fell in love.
Not only do I feel privileged to know these two people, I also feel lucky enough to have witnessed the love they have for each other. Their love for one another has made them even better people than they were before. Together, they are even stronger. Congratulations to Mr. and Mrs. _________!
6. Anyone can be passionate, but it takes a real pair of lovers to be silly. When bride and groom are together, they let their guard down. Together, they are two of the goofiest people I know, and I mean that in the best way possible.
7. They say that a successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person. Many of us have been lucky to fall in love before. But real love is when you are able to fall in love with that same person over and over again.
8. You are able to surprise each other in ways that are always new. And it is not always just good times that make you fall in love. You can fall in love during the hard times as well, when you have to lean on each other and cry on each other’s shoulders.
9. With bride and groom, I see this kind of love. For all the time that they have spent getting to know each other, they still continue to fall in love as if they are still in the honeymoon stages. To never get tired of one’s smile, the little gestures of thoughtfulness that they show that they still care, even after all this time. That is real love.
10. I know I am not alone when I say that it is a joy to see bride and groom fall in love with each other, day after day. The beauty of such a love is something that words cannot fully describe.
So I end my speech by raising my glass to the bride and groom. Let us continue to witness and celebrate the remarkable love that this remarkable, beautiful couple shares.
11. Thank you all for coming here. Some of you have traveled far and wide to be here today. Some of you drove and some of you even flew to all be in the same room today, all so we could celebrate the love of these two people who are beautiful both inside and out.
It is amazing to see all the people who love bride and groom in the same room as they embark on this new adventure together.
12. When I first met [bride], I knew that there was something special about her. We were drawn to each other as friends and my life truly would not be the same without her. Over the years, we have shared some really great memories.
But little did I know that something in her life was still missing. I realized that when she met [groom’s name.]
After she met [groom], it was as if something clicked. We didn’t know it just then, but something was planted that would continue to flourish and grow.
Ever since these two met, something has changed. [Bride] is not exactly the same person she was before. She was strong before, but she is even stronger now. And while she was happy then, she is even happier with [groom] by her side.
With [groom], [bride] is the best version of herself. And I think [groom] is much better with [bride] in his life as well. Here’s a toast to the two of you.
13. These two newlyweds are a rare find in today’s world. Between the two of them, this couple has beauty, brains, and two hearts of gold. Here’s to the groom who has a bride so fair, and here’s to the bride with a groom who is so rare.
14. There can be so much sadness and loss in the world, but we also know that there is good in this world as well. With all of the things that happen that make us feel caught up in a storm, some of us are lucky enough to have something or someone to hold on to.
The best thing to hold onto in life is each other. When you have something to hold on to, then you have hope for the day and for many days to come
When I look at the bride and groom, I know that what they have will stand the test of time. Their love was made to weather the toughest of storms and their trials and tribulations will only further prove their love and devotion to one another. May the love that you have for each other continue to grow each and every year.
15. Growing up, [bride] was a little cynical. She did not really believe in true love or fairy-tale endings. I, on the other hand, was the more romantic one. I would tell her, much to her annoyance, that she only felt that way because she had not met the right one yet. And guess what? I was right.
When [bride] met [groom,] it was as if the universe had shifted. All the birds were singing and it was as if the sun had never shined brighter. That is how the world was through [bride’s] eyes when she finally fell in love with [groom.] As a romantic person, I have been lucky enough to watch this love story unfold.
Now we are all seated here, celebrating the union of two people who are very special to us. Let us toast to their health and the many happy years that they will share together.
16. As many of us know, marriage is not happy all the time. There will be disagreements and sometimes there will even be arguments. Whether To keep your marriage brimming with love in the loving cup, whenever you are wrong, admit it, and whenever you are right, shut up.
17. Whether you are a firm believer of destiny or think that happy things can just happen by accident and mere chance, there is no denying that these two amazing people are perfect for each other. Either way, these two have happened each other. It is a once in a lifetime love, and we are all so lucky to be able to be along for the ride.
18. Hello, everyone. Thank you all for coming together to celebrate the love that [bride and groom] share. Many of you know that I am [bride’s] older sister. As most older sisters are, I have always been overprotective of her, even before she was born. When she was born, she was my baby sister.
I was determined to look after her, take care of her, and protect her, though I did push her around a little bit. But if someone else messed with her, then they had to answer to me.
As we grew older, the need to protect her didn’t go away. I wanted to always have her back at school and throughout her relationships and friendships with people. I always wanted her to know that I’d be there for her, especially when things got tough.
And then one day, [bride] met [groom.] I came to realize that this person really, truly cared her. Not only did her care about her, he loved her. From the way he looks at her to the way he always tries to make sure that she is okay, there is no mistaking his love.
And I will admit, it was hard to let go of my sister a little. We have always been inseparable. But I am so happy that she found someone who cares about her so much. I know that [groom] will keep her happy. And she will keep him happy as well.
19. Helping to plan the wedding has been an absolute whirlwind full of emotions both good and stressful. Planning a wedding takes lots of work and lots of people made this beautiful day happen. [Bride] and [groom,] thank you for taking me on this journey with you. It has been a beautiful day and we all still have plenty of dancing and celebrating to do.
Maid Of Honor Speeches For Sister
20. Hi everyone, I am [bride’s] sister. As many you all know, the two of us come from a big, happy, wacky family. Through all of the years together, my many siblings and I have loved each other with everything that we had, but we would also often fight each other with all of our strength, especially when it came to sharing, taking turns, and agreeing on who got to be in charge.
Throughout the years there have been a lot of laughs and a few fights, but my brothers, sisters, and I have always maintained our shared belief that a family is life’s greatest blessing of them all.
When [bride] finally introduced all of us to [groom], I was a little worried for him. Maybe we would be too big of a family or we would scare him away. But he was brave and he ended up fitting right in, and now I can proudly say that he is one of us. He belongs to our clan now and I certainly hope he feels that way.
Welcome to the family, [groom.] To [bride] and [groom,] may they keep our family growing one day.
21. Hello, everyone. I am [bride’s] older sister. When our parents first let me know that I was going to have a little sister, I was so excited. The day that she was born, I couldn’t believe how beautiful my baby sister was.
Growing up, she was always my playmate and best friend and I made sure that she was my sidekick. Over the years, [bride] and I had many adventures together.
Of course as we grew older, we grew apart at times and began to forge our own paths. But we always found our way back to each other. I admit that when we became older, there were times that I really missed her and how we used to be.
But seeing who [bride] has become and what she has accomplished has made me feel in awe of her. I knew that whoever could win her heart would have to be someone special. And [groom] is certainly just as special as [bride.] Together they make a formidable pair.
Congratulations to my sister and to my new brother-in-law.
22. As [bride’s] older sister, I have always felt responsible for her. I wanted to protect her from everything and growing up, I always tried to keep her safe by my side. For a while she was so much small than me, after all. But then she grew, and grew, and next thing I knew it, we weren’t little girls anymore. Sometimes I can’t believe how much she has grown, how old we’re both getting.
And when I met [groom,] I was a little skeptical. I still felt like the overprotective big sister, and sometimes I still do, but I quickly learned that [groom] was the real deal. But I am glad that she found such a wonderful person to spend the rest of her life with.
I know that these two newlyweds will be happy together. And [groom,] you take good care of my baby sister.
23. Hi, everyone. Thank you all so much for being here today. Most of you know that I am [bride’s] sister. For those of you who don’t know the pair of us too well, we were peas in a pod, two wild kids always looking for trouble.
We were always running to fast, knocking things over, and laughing a little too loud. But boy were we always happy. My sister is a free spirit with a knack for adventure and as we got older I remember thinking, “good luck to the guy that’s able to tame her.”
Well, as you know, she just tied the knot with [groom.] And I realized that she never needed anyone to tame her at all. She needed someone to love her for who she is. [Groom] is just as crazy as [bride] in the best way possible. They encourage each other to be fearless and they are always strong for each other. That is true love.
Let us all raise a glass to this beautiful cowgirl and her handsome cowboy.
24. Hello everyone, I am [bride’s] sister. I don’t think I surprise anyone when I say that I love my sister. She is worthy of all the love in the world and I am beyond thrilled that she has found that in [groom.] They are so like each other and so perfectly matched. I know that [groom] will take care of her and that [bride] will take care of him.
25. I am [bride’s] sister and maid of honor. Through the years, we have been through ups and downs. No matter where life took us, love was always there through the best and worst of times.
When one of us was crying, our love for each other comforted us and when we were celebrating, our love helped us to share that happiness with one another. In that way, love is food for the soul.
It is said that where there is great love, there are always miracles. No matter where you are, no matter what you are doing, love is the thing that can sustain you and keep you going. It can give you hope and fill you with so much optimism for the future ahead.
The love that [bride] and [groom] have for each other is something that is truly magical and miraculous and I for one am grateful to be able to witness it.
26. You all know that I am [bride’s] sister. We were brought up in a home full of love and laughter by two amazing parents who are sitting right there. If you haven’t already guessed it, we are a very closely knit family. Even as adults, we all still maintain a close relationship with our parents and with each other.
So how exactly did [groom] manage to infiltrate our family? He was a great listener, always fun to talk to, and he has a great sense of humor. He is also pretty generous and thoughtful.
But none of that would not have mattered if he did not love [bride] with all of his soul. When we all saw how much he loved her, we knew that he belonged in our family. And when we see how much she loves you, it is something that is so beautiful to witness.
So, [groom], welcome to the family. We might be wacky and even crazy at times, but you are one of us now!
27. As [bride’s] sister I am pretty used to having her all to myself. We always played together as children and sometimes we did fight. And as we grew older, we continued to hang out all the time. I got so used to having her all to myself.
When [groom] came into the picture, it took some getting used to. I never had to really share my sister before. And [groom] was someone new, I didn’t know him that well at the time.
Time passed and as I got to know [groom,] I learned that he was a pretty cool guy. I even think of him as a friend now, though now that he is married to my sister, he is my brother now too.
Over time I realized that [groom and bride] share a really special bond. I’ve seen the way they look at each other, as the rest of you have, and when I see how real their love is, it makes me hope that one day I find someone like that. I am glad that [groom] is in my life, and more importantly, I am thrilled that he and [bride] found each other.
I like to think of it this way: I have not lost a sister. Instead, I have gained a brother, and an amazing one at that. Welcome to the family, [groom.] Let us all raise a glass to the happy newlyweds.
28. As most of you know, I am [bride’s] younger sister. Growing up, I was the baby of the family. I always had a lot to learn and [bride] was my biggest example of how to be. I have to admit, being the baby sister can be really annoying. A lot of the time, you find yourself wanting to break out of your shell. At the same time, [bride] set a lot of great examples for me as an older sister.
As a sister, [bride] taught me how to share. She taught me how to be a caring sister and friend and she taught me what it means to be a good person. As much as I tried to resist it, I found myself often following in her footsteps? How could I not want to be the smart, sensitive, and successful person that she is?
Even now, [bride] has set a huge example for me by finding someone who is worthy of her love. She has found a person who is her soul mate, her better half, and her equal. I hope to one day find someone who is right for me the way that these two have found each other. I am equally lucky to have both bride and groom in my life, and I am so happy that they found each other.
29. Hi, everyone. I am [bride’s] sister. Since we are so close in age, we would play together all the time. We had our dolls to play with and we would pretend to be princesses.
She was always looking for her Prince Charming. Prince Charming was handsome, thoughtful, generous, loving, and kind. Of course we got older and we grew up. We realized that fairytales aren’t real and yet, one day, she met [groom.]
Now, many of you know [groom.] He’s a modern man and I don’t think he would exactly describe himself as a Prince Charming. But in a way, that’s what he is to [bride.] He is thoughtful, kind, generous, loving, and he isn’t ugly to look at either.
And while he doesn’t have a coat of arms or a valiant horse to ride on, he sure swept [bride] off her feet. And no one has ever been able to do that before, not even when we were playing pretend as little girls.
Sure, we’re in the 21st century now. But what these two have is a modern fairytale, a true romance that is one for the books. Let’s raise a glass to these two storybook lovers who have finally tied the knot.
Maid Of Honor Speech For Best Friend
30. Hello, everyone. For those who do not know me, I am a good friend of [bride.] We have known each other for [number of years] years. After all this time, I feel like I know [bride] inside and out. And after knowing [groom] for [number of years] years, I am proud to say that I can call him a good friend as well.
To be a part of this close circle of friends that has gotten to know bride and groom individually, is a blessing. But to be a part of the group that has gotten to watch them grow as a couple and become man and wife is a truly wonderful experience that has given me hope and brought tears to my eyes.
I cannot think of another couple that is more perfectly matched in their own unique way and like the rest of the people in this room, I look forward to the next chapter in their lives.