The mother of the bride doesn’t usually give a speech but in occasions where the father of the bride is absent, the honor is given to the mother. If you don’t know how to craft a speech, don’t worry. In this article, we have listed numerous examples of mother of the bride speeches. You can follow these examples, combine them or get the ideas to make your own unique speech.
Mother Of The Bride Speeches
1. They say that your wedding day is the happiest day of your life. Our wedding day was indeed a very happy day, but it was nothing compared to the day that my daughter was born. When you were born into the world, it was as if the world was full of hope again. You were beautiful and as you grew older, I learned that you were smart and kind as well. Watching you get older never got any easier, but I am proud to say that you have grown into a strong woman who has gracefully come into her own. And you have found the perfect partner along the way.
As the two of you embark on your new life together, I wish you all of the happiness and peace in the world. May you never go to bed angry and may you always begin each day with an “I love you.”
2. Hello everyone. I am [bride’s] mom. As you parents will know, we love our kids with all of our heart. And it can be hard to watch them grow up. You are filled with pride with everything that they do, but you also find yourself missing the little girl who used to hold your hand, who used to run to you when she would scrape her knee. Now, [bride] is a lot older. And I am proud of who she has become and I thank God for the love that she has found in [groom.] May the two of them have a long, happy, healthy life together.
3. Like many other moms, I have always prayed for my daughter. Not because she gave me trouble, but because no matter how great your child is, you still worry and want the best for them. She was a generous girl, a kind soul. I always wanted her life to be full of happiness. I never knew what I was praying for until [bride] met [groom.] Even though she was always a happy girl, he brought out something in her that we had never seen before. With him, she was complete. And I cannot thank God enough that they were able to find each other.
4. Hello everyone. I am [bride’s] older sister. I’m just kidding, I am her mom. Like most mothers and daughters, we have had our ups and downs. But I would not trade them for anything in this world. To be able to see my daughter marry such a wonderful man, it is something that gives me great joy.
5. As the mother of a girl who has always been my treasure, the apple of my eye, you can imagine the high standard at which I held all of her suitors. I only wanted the best for my daughter. And then one day, I met [groom.] Anyone who has seen [bride] and [groom] together can tell you that they are perfect for one another.
6. When I got married, I knew that it was the beginning of a wonderful adventure. Now that my daughter has found someone to share this adventure that is called life with her, I know that she will be blessed with a loving husband and a wonderful home.
7. My daughter has been the best thing to ever happen to me. But of course it was not always perfect. We disagreed as mothers and daughters sometimes do. But no matter what, we always loved each other and I knew that she would not be my little girl forever. Now that you are older and have grown up, know that while you may no longer hold my hand, you will always hold my heart. You are a woman now and a bride, a wife to a loving husband, but in my heart you will always be my little girl.
8. [Bride,] you are such a special person, and I am not just saying that because I am your mom. I think everyone here who knows you will agree that they are proud to know you. You are a breath of fresh air, a radiant light, and [groom] is lucky to have you. The two of you are perfect for one another.
9. When you have been lucky enough to have found your true love, you know to hold on to things and cherish them. [Bride] is a product of that love. To know that she has found that special love in her life makes me feel so grateful. That [bride] and [groom] were able to find each other is a true blessing.
10. I remember when [groom] came to us for our blessing. He did not have to ask for permission to marry our daughter, but he did I anyway. Did he really need to ask? Of course he had our blessing. Who else could love, cherish, and respect our daughter more than he had done. And most importantly, she chose him. As they walk through this life together, may they always be comforted in one another’s presence.
11. Hello everyone, I am [bride’s] mother. My daughter has always been inquisitive, even as a little girl. One day she asked me how I knew that I wanted to marry her father. Sometimes, you just know. Marriages are like a set of fingerprints in that each one is different and beautiful in its own way. But the common traits that good marriages share include love, commitment, and respect. So after many decades, her father and I are still in a strong, healthy marriage.
Even though [bride] and [groom] have only known each other for a few years, you can tell that it feels like they have known one another for a lifetime. And years from now, that same love will still be there.
12. Hi, I’m [bride’s mother.] A few of you know how her father and I met, but I’ll save you the finer details. What I really remember is how it felt to have that love planted like a seed in your heart, and what it was like to feel it and watch it grow into something enormous. That kind of love is truly special and it is something that you should cherish and take care of it.
So that is how we knew that [groom] was the right one for [bride.] We all witnessed their love blossom from an affection to a love that knew no limits. And I think I speak for all of us when I say that we wish you many more years of happiness and love together.