There are so many different types of achievements but very few of them really matter in life. Many of us take pride in being successful in business, education, getting a high paying job, or a creating a career out of our chosen fields. There’s nothing wrong with achieving all these things especially if you have worked really hard to get them. A person who sets goals for himself and achieving them with perseverance is absolutely admirable. However, there are other more meaningful achievements we all have done in our lives that we sometimes fail to recognize. These achievements are rarely noticed and appreciated because they’re not really tangible. They cannot be seen by our naked eye and there is no hard proof of their existence. In order to recognize them, we must look at ourselves and the people around us.
Being able to do something you love, having family and friends who genuinely care about you, being able to enjoy quality time with your loved ones, forgiving a person who caused you a great deal of pain, helping out someone without expecting anything in return; these are some of the achievements that should also be recognized. It’s great to boast about how much money we got in the bank or how many awards we won on a competition, but it’s even greater to take pride of how we are able to develop not just our personal well being, but also express an honest concern to the well being of other people. These achievements last a lifetime and once our time has come and we are no longer living on this earth, we know we left something that is actually worth it.
We would like to give you a long list of achievement quotes that you will surely find inspiring as you work towards achieving your goals in life. We wish you nothing but success in whatever it is that you’re trying to achieve.
1. I’m not the type who’ll yell about my achievements from the rooftops. – Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
2. Despite all the achievements of civilization, the human being is still one of the most vulnerable creatures on earth. – Vladimir Putin
3. Capitalism demands the best of every man, his rationality, and rewards him accordingly. It leaves every man free to choose the work he likes, to specialize in it, to trade his product for the products of others, and to go as far on the road of achievement as his ability and ambition will carry him. – Ayn Rand
4. Believe me that in every big thing or achievement there are always obstacles-big or small- and the reaction one shows to such obstacles is what counts, not the obstacle itself. – Bruce Lee
5. Even today, I dare not say that I have reached a state of achievement. I’m still learning, for learning is boundless. – Bruce Lee
6. Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly. – Robert F. Kennedy
7. Only those who attempt the absurd can achieve the impossible. – Albert Einstein
8. Whenever you want to achieve something, keep your eyes open, concentrate and make sure you know exactly what it is you want. No one can hit their target with their eyes closed. – Paulo Coelho
9. Don’t mistake activity with achievement. – John Wooden
10. We shouldn’t teach great books; we should teach a love of reading. Knowing the contents of a few works of literature is a trivial achievement. Being inclined to go on reading is a great achievement.- B.F. Skinner
11. Achievement has no color – Abraham Lincoln
12. Happiness is not in the mere possession of money; it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort. – Franklin D. Roosevelt
13. A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. – Ayn Rand
14. When your desires are strong enough, you will appear to possess superhuman powers to achieve. – Napoleon Hill
15. What the mind can conceive and believe, and the heart desire, you can achieve.
– Norman Vincent Peale
16. If my mind can conceive it, my heart can believe it, I know I can achieve it. – Jesse Jackson
17. The credit belongs to those who are actually in the arena, who strive valiantly; who know the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spend themselves in a worthy cause; who at best know the triumph of high achievement; and who, at worst, if they fail, fail while daring greatly, so that their place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat. – Theodore Roosevelt
18. The barrier during self-improvement is not so much that we hate learning, rather we hate being taught. To learn entails that the knowledge was achieved on one’s own accord, it feels great, but to be taught often leaves a feeling of inferiority. Thus it takes a bit of determination and a lot of humility in order for one to fully develop. – Criss Jami
19. The starting point of all achievement is desire. – Napoleon Hill
20. Every successful individual knows that his or her achievement depends on a community of persons working together. – Paul Ryan
21. Happiness does not come from doing easy work but from the afterglow of satisfaction that comes after the achievement of a difficult task that demanded our best. – Theodore Isaac Rubin
22. Trust yourself. Create the kind of self that you will be happy to live with all your life. Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement. – Golda Meir
23. Achievement of your happiness is the only moral purpose of your life, and that happiness, not pain or mindless self-indulgence, is the proof of your moral integrity, since it is the proof and the result of your loyalty to the achievement of your values. – Ayn Rand
24. You are not here merely to make a living. You are here in order to enable the world to live more amply, with greater vision, with a finer spirit of hope and achievement. You are here to enrich the world, and you impoverish yourself if you forget the errand. – Woodrow Wilson
25. Without failure, there is no achievement. – John C. Maxwell
26. Failures, repeated failures, are finger posts on the road to achievement. One fails forward toward success. – C. S. Lewis
27. Having children is my greatest achievement. It was my savior. It switched my focus from the outside to the inside. My children are gifts, they remind me of what’s important. – Elle Macpherson
28. Nothing stops the man who desires to achieve. Every obstacle is simply a course to develop his achievement muscle. It’s a strengthening of his powers of accomplishment. – Thomas Carlyle
29. High achievement always takes place in the framework of high expectation. – Charles Kettering
30. Being a father has been, without a doubt, my greatest source of achievement, pride, and inspiration. Fatherhood has taught me about unconditional love, reinforced the importance of giving back and taught me how to be a better person. – Naveen Jain
31. The roots of true achievement lie in the will to become the best that you can become. – Harold Taylor
32. Those who improve with age embrace the power of personal growth and personal achievement and begin to replace youth with wisdom, innocence with understanding, and lack of purpose with self-actualization. – Bo Bennett
33. Don’t limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve. – Mary Kay Ash
34. My heart goes out to the brave citizens of Syria, who each day risk and even sacrifice their lives to achieve freedom from a murderous regime. We in Israel welcome the historic struggle to forge democratic, peace-loving governments in our region. – Shimon Peres
35. Have a vision. It is the ability to see the invisible. If you can see the invisible, you can achieve the impossible. – Shiv Khera
36. I see myself as the best footballer in the world. If you don’t believe you are the best, then you will never achieve all that you are capable of. – Cristiano Ronaldo
37. If you set out to be liked, you would be prepared to compromise on anything at any time, and you would achieve nothing. – Margaret Thatcher
38. A man of personality can formulate ideals, but only a man of character can achieve them. – Herbert Read
39. In order to achieve anything, you must be brave enough to fail. – Kirk Douglas
40. The discipline you learn and character you build from setting and achieving a goal can be more valuable than the achievement of the goal itself. – Bo Bennett
41. Optimism is essential to achievement and it is also the foundation of courage and true progress. – Nicholas M. Butler
42. Academic achievement was something I’d always sought as a form of reward. Good grades pleased my parents, good grades pleased my teachers; you got them in order to sew up approval. – Caroline Knapp
43. My greatest achievement so far is that I’ve been able to continue with my normal life. I love what I do, but more so, I’m glad to have people who care about me close by. – Kim Smith
44. In my career, there are many things I’ve won and many things I’ve achieved, but for me, my greatest achievement is my children and my family. It’s about being a good father, a good husband, just being connected to family as much as possible. – David Beckham
45. Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. – W. Clement Stone
46. Spectacular achievement is always preceded by unspectacular preparation. – Robert H. Schuller
47. There is no shortcut to achievement. Life requires thorough preparation, a veneer isn’t worth anything. – George Washington Carver
48. Never mistake activity for achievement. – John Wooden
49. The greatest achievement was at first and for a time a dream. The oak sleeps in the acorn, the bird waits in the egg, and in the highest vision of the soul, a waking angel stirs. Dreams are the seedlings of realities. – James Allen
50. A mentor enables a person to achieve. A hero shows what achievement looks like. – John C. Mather
51. It is no small thing for an American to be able to go into a fast-food restaurant and to buy a double cheeseburger, fries, and a large Coke for a price equal to less than an hour of labor at the minimum wage. Indeed, in the long sweep of history, this represents a remarkable achievement. – Michael Pollan
52. Being solitary is being alone well: being alone luxuriously immersed in doings of your own choice, aware of the fullness of your own presence rather than of the absence of others. Because solitude is an achievement. – Alice Koller
53. Pretension is a poor joke that you play on yourself. Snap out of it. Recognise your strengths, work on your weaknesses. Real achievement is liking what you see in the mirror every morning. – Virat Kohli
54. Laughter is an important part of a good relationship. It’s an immense achievement when you can move from your thinking that your partner is merely an idiot to think that they are that wonderfully complex thing called a lovable idiot. And often that means having a little bit of a sense of humor about their flaws. – Alain de Botton
55. Badges mean nothing in themselves, but they mark a certain achievement and they are a link between the rich and the poor. For when one girl sees a badge on a sister Scout’s arm, if that girl has won the same badge, it at once awakens an interest and sympathy between them. – Juliette Gordon Low
56. Let freedom reign. The sun never set on so glorious a human achievement. – Nelson Mandela
57. Creativity is a great motivator because it makes people interested in what they are doing. Creativity gives hope that there can be a worthwhile idea. Creativity gives the possibility of some sort of achievement to everyone. Creativity makes life more fun and more interesting. – Edward de Bono
58. In a position of utter desolation, when a man cannot express himself in positive action, when his only achievement may consist in enduring his sufferings in the right way, an honorable way. In such a position man can, through loving contemplation of the image he carries of his beloved, achieve fulfillment. – Viktor E. Frankl
59. Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement. – Henry Ford
60. Nothing stops the man who desires to achieve. Every obstacle is simply a course to develop his achievement muscle. It’s a strengthening of his powers of accomplishment. – Eric Butterworth
61. If I were to look back at my career, I think my greatest achievement is very simple. I’ve been able to make choices where I could glorify God. – Roma Downey
62. Wherever you get to is better than where you started. To stay on the road is a massive achievement. – Anthony Joshua
63. Over the years, I’ve given myself a thousand reasons to keep running, but it always comes back to where it started. It comes down to self-satisfaction and a sense of achievement. – Steve Prefontaine
64. Simplicity is the final achievement. After one has played a vast quantity of notes and more notes, it is simplicity that emerges as the crowning reward of art. – Frederic Chopin
65. Every great achievement is but a small peak in the mountain range of contributions. – Dale T. Mortensen
66. Jazz music is America’s past and its potential, summed up and sanctified and accessible to anybody who learns to listen to, feel, and understand it. The music can connect us to our earlier selves and to our better selves-to-come. It can remind us of where we fit on the timeline of human achievement, an ultimate value of art. – Wynton Marsalis
67. You should take some responsibility for the way you present yourself. But you should not be hung up on your looks, whether you are ugly or handsome, because it isn’t an achievement. – Christopher Reeve
68. My greatest achievement is being able to write records that are real snapshots of what’s going on in my life. I won’t repeat myself for the sake of commerce, or to please other people. – Alanis Morissette
69. Innocence of heart and violence of feeling are necessary in any kind of superior achievement: The arts cannot exist without them. – Louise Bogan
70. Dedicating myself to actually following through was my single biggest achievement. – Nick Woodman
71. The important achievement of Apollo was demonstrating that humanity is not forever chained to this planet and our visions go rather further than that and our opportunities are unlimited. – Neil Armstrong
72. Age was respected among his people, but achievement was revered. As the elders said, if a child washed his hands he could eat with kings. – Chinua Achebe
73. Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve. – W. Clement Stone
74. We cannot seek achievement for ourselves and forget about progress and prosperity for our community. Our ambitions must be broad enough to include the aspirations and needs of others, for their sakes and for our own. – Cesar Chavez
75. My most brilliant achievement was my ability to be able to persuade my wife to marry me. – Winston Churchill
76. My daughter is my biggest achievement. She is a little star and my life has changed so much for the better since she came along. – Denise Van Outen
77. Great achievement is usually born of great sacrifice, and is never the result of selfishness. – Napoleon Hill
78. Every great work, every big accomplishment, has been brought into manifestation through holding to the vision, and often just before the big achievement, comes apparent failure and discouragement. – Florence Scovel Shinn
79. A key to achieving success is to assemble a strong and stable management team. – Vivek Wadhwa
80. Achieving gender equality requires the engagement of women and men, girls and boys. It is everyone’s responsibility. – Ban Ki-moon
81. I have no regrets. I don’t believe in looking back. What am I proudest of? Working really hard and achieving as much as I could. – Elena Kagan
82. Having an aim is the key to achieving your best. – Henry J. Kaiser
83. I really do encourage other manufacturers to bring electric cars to market. It’s a good thing, and they need to bring it to market and keep iterating and improving and make better and better electric cars, and that’s what going to result in humanity achieving a sustainable transport future. I wish it was growing faster than it is. – Elon Musk
84. If I’m with a man, is that going to prevent me from achieving my goal? What sacrifices will I have to make in terms of being myself, if I’m with a man? Something that young women find out really quickly is that when you start dating, all of a sudden you’re supposed to have a role. You’re not allowed to just be yourself. – Candace Bushnell
85. Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan. – Tom Landry
86. You must not let your negative emotions distract you from achieving your goals. – Clay Clark
87. I enjoy hard work; I love setting goals and achieving them. – Jewel
88. Desire, burning desire, is basic to achieving anything beyond the ordinary. – Joseph B. Wirthlin
89. Any goal worth achieving involves an element of risk. – Dean Karnazes
90. Achieving the highest possible return on human capital must be every manager’s goal. – Brian Tracy
91. Sports is a metaphor for overcoming obstacles and achieving against great odds. Athletes, in times of difficulty, can be important role models. – Bill Bradley
92. I’m stubborn; I know what I want. I’ll dedicate all my efforts to achieving it. – Carlo Rubbia
93. Never give up, and be confident in what you do. There may be tough times, but the difficulties which you face will make you more determined to achieve your objectives and to win against all the odds. – Marta
94. If we desire a society of peace, then we cannot achieve such a society through violence. If we desire a society without discrimination, then we must not discriminate against anyone in the process of building this society. If we desire a society that is democratic, then democracy must become a means as well as an end. – Bayard Rustin
95. Just be yourself. Be honest, work towards a goal, and you’ll achieve it. – Emraan Hashmi
96. If you believe, you can achieve. That’s my motto! – Sophie Turner
97. Without reflection, we go blindly on our way, creating more unintended consequences, and failing to achieve anything useful. – Margaret J. Wheatley
98. Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. – Eddie Rickenbacker
99. Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly. – John F. Kennedy
100. With hard work and effort, you can achieve anything. – Antoine Griezmann
101. If your only goal is to become rich, you will never achieve it. – John D. Rockefeller
102. I cook, I create, I’m incredibly excited by what I do, I’ve still got a lot to achieve. – Gordon Ramsay
103. Five guys on the court working together can achieve more than five talented individuals who come and go as individuals. – Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
104. On occasion, we need to make a second effort – and a third effort, and a fourth effort, and as many degrees of effort as may be required to accomplish what we strive to achieve. – Thomas S. Monson
105. If one girl with courage is a revolution, imagine what feats we can achieve together. – Queen Rania of Jordan
106. You’re never too old to start learning, and you’re never too young to aim high and achieve great things. – Asa Hutchinson
107. Hopefully, in the future, generational challenges will be measured by achievement, not gender. – Safra A. Catz
108. I think my story says that when women are given the chance and the opportunity, that we can achieve a lot. We deliver. – Sara Blakely
109. I don’t want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it through not dying. – Woody Allen
110. The ones who want to achieve and win championships motivate themselves. – Mike Ditka
111. Stride forward with a firm, steady step knowing with a deep, certain inner knowing that you will reach every goal you set yourselves, that you will achieve every aim. – Eileen Caddy
112. Confidence is the mother of achievement.
113. While most dream of success. The winners strive to achieve.
114. Overcoming fear is the greatest achievement of a lifetime.
115. Achievement is about loving something intensely and following it diligently with your heart.
116. High achievement always takes place in the framework of high expectation. Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal.
117. Sometimes when you are pursuing a goal that you never had before you have to try new things in order to achieve it.
118. You cannot achieve success unless you sacrifice what you love the most.
119. This world can be cold and cruel if you let it, but if you look at every obstacle as a new challenge that you are able to overcome, your problems and suffering will be minimal, and your achievement will be great.
120. I am awake today. Awake to knowledge. Awake to change. Awake to communication. Today, I will Achieve.
121. Making money may give a sense of achievement. But making a difference will give a sense of Fulfillment.
122. If you want something then work for it until you achieve it.
123. What is the power that transcends one from achievement to fulfillment? The power of inspiration.
124. All great achievements require time. – Maya Angelou
125. Achievements on the golf course are not what matters, decency and honesty are what matter. – Tiger Woods
126. In the time of difficulties, we must not lose sight of our achievements. – Mao Zedong
127. Achievements are precious and timeless, just like the precious metal platinum. And what better way to celebrate milestones in your life than with precious platinum. – Vijender Singh
128. Great Leadership is when you care more than you say, you lead to achieve, you walk behind, you lead to achieve to create future Leaders.
129. No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Believe in yourself. Create the kind of inner self that will enlighten your life with achievement. Turn your ability into a reality by igniting inner sparks into a flame of success.
130. Having what you want may give you achievement. But wanting what you have will give you fulfillment.
131. The development of a really good marriage is not a natural process, its an achievement.
132. When seeds of vision are watered with passion it blossoms as the flower of achievement which spreads fragrance of excellence.
133. High achievement always takes place in the framework of high expectation.
134. Having the courage to continue after defeat is what that defines achievers.
135. Failure doesn’t mean you aren’t capable of achieving something it only means you need to put more efforts in order to achieve.