There is a good reason why the phrase “Health is wealth” became a famous phrase around the world. The meaning of this phrase is not really that deep. Anyone will be able to explain it in simple words, but please allow us to share our thoughts about it anyway. It simply means, when a person lives a healthy spiritual, mental, physical, and emotional lifestyle, he/she becomes the richest person in the world. You cannot purchase or sell health, it’s priceless, but you can have it only if you work to get it. When you’re healthy, the possibility of you getting sick is lesser thus medical expenses are lesser as well. You will have a better relationship with your loved ones and perform even better at work. There is peace and satisfaction when you’re healthy in all aspects of your being. These are the things money can’t buy.
While it’s easy to think about all the good things good health can offer, it is one of the biggest challenges we encounter every day. We no longer have a polluted free environment and it has become difficult to find chemically free and fresh fruits and vegetables in the market. In addition to this, people are now extremely addicted to social media and the entertainment industr, that we can no longer find the time to get our daily recommended exercise or even soak under the heat of the morning sun.
We must understand the value of health to live a happier and fulfilling life. It can be hard but there’s no harm in trying. Start today by shopping for nutritious food, practice a short physical activity every day, and focus on positivity for a healthier mind and spirit. We made a long list of health quotes from people who know the importance of good health and lived by it every single day. If they were able to live healthily, you can too!
1. I’m focused on staying as healthy as I can so I can work more. – Dane Cook
2. Health – what my friends are always drinking to before they fall down. – Phyllis Diller
3. Every one of you has a health that is unique and totally different from everybody else. Completely! Because we are all like snowflakes. – Lewis Black
4. Health clubs aren’t healthy. In New York City, which has the most stairs of anywhere in the country, people pay money to go to a health club and use a stairmaster. When you live in a city, that has nothing but stairs and you pay money to use special stairs, that is not healthy behavior. It’s fucking psychotic. – Lewis Black
5. I know a man who gave up smoking, drinking, sex, and rich food. He was healthy right up to the day he killed himself. – Johnny Carson
6. Cakes are healthy too, you just eat a small slice. – Mary Berry
7. A fit, healthy body—that is the best fashion statement. – Jess C. Scott
8. We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane. – Kurt Vonnegut
9. Healthy citizens are the greatest asset any country can have. – Winston S. Churchill
10. Money cannot buy health, but I’d settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair. – Dorothy Parker
11. When health is absent, wisdom cannot reveal itself, art cannot manifest, strength cannot fight, wealth becomes useless, and intelligence cannot be applied. – Herophilus
12. Wine is the most healthful and most hygienic of beverages. – Louis Pasteur
13. An over-indulgence of anything, even something as pure as water, can intoxicate. – Criss Jami
14. Elsewhere the paper notes that vegetarians and vegans (including athletes) ‘meet and exceed requirements’ for protein. And, to render the whole we-should-worry-about-getting-enough-protein-and-therefore-eat-meat idea even more useless, other data suggests that excess animal protein intake is linked to osteoporosis, kidney disease, calcium stones in the urinary tract, and some cancers. Despite some persistent confusion, it is clear that vegetarians and vegans tend to have more optimal protein consumption than omnivores. – Jonathan Safran Foer
15. Objection, evasion, joyous distrust, and love of irony are signs of health; everything absolute belongs to pathology. – Friedrich Nietzsche
16. By choosing healthy over skinny you are choosing self-love over self-judgment. You are beautiful. – Steve Maraboli
17. I promise you nothing is as chaotic as it seems. Nothing is worth diminishing your health. Nothing is worth poisoning yourself into stress, anxiety, and fear. – Steve Maraboli
18. Never continue in a job you don’t enjoy. If you’re happy in what you’re doing, you’ll like yourself, you’ll have inner peace. And if you have that, along with physical health, you will have had more success than you could possibly have imagined. – Johnny Carson
19. Some struggle is healthy. If you can embrace it rather than be angry, you can use it as your pilot light. – Damon Wayans
20. All those spices and herbs in your spice rack can do more than provide calorie-free, natural flavorings to enhance and make food delicious. They’re also an incredible source of antioxidants and help rev up your metabolism and improve your health at the same time. – Suzanne Somers
21. When I go to my health club, and it’s in the basement, you have to take the elevator down. And this drives me crazy. Why can’t there be a stairway? At least make it as easy to exercise as it is to not exercise. It’s in society’s interest for me to take the stairs. – Malcolm Gladwell
22. The abundance of cheap food with low nutritional value in the Western diet has wreaked havoc on our health; in America, one-third of children and two-thirds of adults are overweight or obese and are more likely to develop diabetes and cardiovascular disease. – Ellen Gustafson
23. Golf is a funny game. It’s done much for health, and at the same time has ruined people by robbing them of their peace of mind. Look at me, I’m the healthiest idiot in the world. – Bob Hope
24. I believe that the greatest gift you can give your family and the world is a healthy you. – Joyce Meyer
25. A further sign of health is that we don’t become undone by fear and trembling, but we take it as a message that it’s time to stop struggling and look directly at what’s threatening us. – Pema Chödrön
26. Respect your body. Eat well. Dance forever. – Eliza Gaynor Minden
27. Eat healthily, sleep well, breathe deeply, move harmoniously. – Jean-Pierre Barral
28. The First wealth is health. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
29. No one wakes up in the morning and says, ‘I want to gain 150 pounds and I will start right now. – Tricia Cunningham
30. Compulsive eating is basically a refusal to be fully alive. No matter what we weigh, those of us who are compulsive eaters have anorexia of the soul. We refuse to take in what sustains us. We live lives of deprivation. And when we can’t stand it any longer, we binge. The way we are able to accomplish all of this is by the simple act of bolting — of leaving ourselves — hundreds of times a day. -Geneen Roth
31. Very simply, we subsidize high-fructose corn syrup in this country, but not carrots. While the surgeon general is raising alarms over the epidemic of obesity, the president is signing farm bills designed to keep the river of cheap corn flowing, guaranteeing that the cheapest calories in the supermarket will continue to be the unhealthiest. – Michael Pollan
32. I never touch sugar, cheese, bread, I only like what I’m allowed to like. I’m beyond temptation. There is no weakness. When I see tons of food in the studio, for us and for everybody, for me it’s as if this stuff was made out of plastic. The idea doesn’t even enter my mind that a human being could put that into their mouth. I’m like the animals in the forest. They don’t touch what they cannot eat. – Karl Lagerfeld
33. I don’t understand why asking people to eat a well-balanced vegetarian diet is considered drastic, while it is medically conservative to cut people open and put them on cholesterol-lowering drugs for the rest of their lives. – Dean Ornish
34. It is easier to change a man’s religion than to change his diet. – Margaret Mead
35. Eating crappy food isn’t a reward — it’s a punishment. – Drew Carey
36. It is important to keep in mind that our bodies must work pretty well, or there wouldn’t be so many humans on the planet. – Ina May Gaskin
37. Health makes good propaganda. – Naomi Wolf
38. Regaining health is more difficult an objective then becoming ill. Becoming ill is a random act of ignorance and regaining health is an intentional effort in frustration. – Richard Diaz
39. Health isn’t about being “perfect” with food or exercise or herbs. Health is about balancing those things with your desires. It’s about nourishing your spirit as well as your body. – Golda Poretsky
40. Sorry, there’s no magic bullet. You gotta eat healthy and live healthy to be healthy and look healthy. End of story. – Morgan Spurlock
41. Millions of our citizens do not now have a full measure of opportunity to achieve and to enjoy good health. Millions do not now have protection or security against the economic effects of sickness. And the time has now arrived for action to help them attain that opportunity and to help them get that protection. – Harry Truman
42. Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing. – Redd Foxx
43. Health is the greatest possession. Contentment is the greatest treasure. Confidence is the greatest friend. – Lao Tzu
44. Connection is health. And what our society does its best to disguise from us is how ordinary, how commonly attainable, health is. We lose our health – and create profitable diseases and dependencies – by failing to see the direct connections between living and eating, eating and working, working and loving. In gardening, for instance, one works with the body to feed the body. The work, if it is knowledgeable, makes for excellent food. And it makes one hungry. The work thus makes eating both nourishing and joyful, not consumptive, and keeps the eater from getting fat and weak. This is health, wholeness, a source of delight. – Wendell Berry
45. You spend your time to make a dime. You lose your health to make your wealth, but at the end it is funny because you leave back all your money. – R.V.M.
46. Health is hearty, health is harmony, health is happiness. – Amit Kalantri
47. Your health, wealth, position, performance, ability and attitude are the results of your decisions. – Israelmore Ayivor
48. When our emotional health is in a bad state, so is our level of self-esteem. We have to slow down and deal with what is troubling us, so that we can enjoy the simple joy of being happy and at peace with ourselves. – Jess C. Scott
49. Tell me what you eat and I will tell you who you are. – Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin
50. What some call health, if purchased by perpetual anxiety about diet, isn’t much better than tedious disease. – George Denison Prentice
51. Humor and health, the staples of wealth. – S. Austin
52. Nobody can be healthful without exercise, neither natural body nor politic; and certainly to a kingdom or estate, a just and honorable war, is the true exercise.
53. When the character is lost, nothing is lost; when wealth is lost, something is lost; but when health is lost, everything is lost.
54. Don’t let your emotions build inside! Just let it all out. Embrace it. That is a part of growth and health for your life defenses.
55. I believe good health and good values are some of the greatest blessings.
56. Thank God for your life tonight. For your health, your family, or your home. Many people don’t have these things.
57. Being alive and healthy are not things to take for granted; they cannot be bought with money. Just divine gifts from God.
58. Gratitude is the quality of being thankful; a readiness to show appreciation for and to return the kindness. Giving thanks makes people happier and more resilient, it strengthens relationships, it improves health, and it reduces stress.
59. Most diets fail because people would rather do what will make them happy now instead of what will make them happy in the future.
60. Most people quit exercising early when they don’t see results. The reason? They treat working out like its a luxury, instead of a lifestyle. They only exercise when they feel like it, not when they need to. Luxury is temporary, lifestyle is everlasting.
61. Health is not simply the absence of illness. Real health is the will to overcome every form of adversity and use even the worst of circumstances as a springboard for new growth and development. Simply, the essence of health is the constant renewal and rejuvenation of life.
62. First, I had time, but no money; then I had money, but no time. Finally, I had time and money, but no health to make use of my wealth.
63. Mind over matter. There is no greater pain than what a mind can create. Be mindful. A healthy mind can remedy or cure almost anything.
64. Be thankful that you are on your feet. There are people who can’t even walk down the street.
65. Experience has taught me this, that we undo ourselves by impatience. Misfortunes have their life and their limits, their sickness and their health.
66. Take care of yourself, you only get one life, and you want to live as long as possible.
67. In everyday struggle maintain your cool and emotion. To heal a wound you need to stop touching it. Keeping yourself calm in times of stress will not only have immediate smoothing effects; it can also, over time, help you lead a healthier, happier life.
68. Those who don’t have time for a workout, will have to make time for sickness.
69. Your diet is a bank account; Good food choices are good investments.
70. Good humor is the health of the soul, sadness its poison.
71. The root of all health is in the brain. The trunk of it is in emotion. The branches and leaves are the body. The flower of health blooms when all parts work together.
72. The only advantage of exercising every day is that you’ll die healthier.
73. Life is about laughing and living in both good health and also in bad times. And getting through whatever comes our way and by looking back with a smile.
74. You’re young, if you’re healthy and rich with have no debts.
75. Our health always seems more valuable after we lose it.
76. Fear is the opposite of everything you are, and so has an effect of opposition to your mental and physical health. Fear is worry magnified.
77. Healthier parents, create healthier leaders and a healthier future for our children! Wake up, get out, and do your thing.
78. Cherish your life, Cherish your health, Cherish your family, Cherish your friends. For these are the things that money can’t buy and will define your true wealth.
79. True friendship is like sound health; the value of it is seldom known until it is lost.
80. To keep the body in good health is a duty, for otherwise, we shall not be able to trim the lamp of wisdom, and keep our mind strong and clear. Water surrounds the lotus flower, but does not wet its petals. – Buddha
81. Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship. – Buddha
82. To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one’s family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one’s own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him. – Buddha
83. Without health life is not life; it is only a state of langour and suffering – an image of death. – Buddha
84. I’m healthy as can be – not an ache or a pain. A lot of my prayer is thanking the Lord that I am healthy. I pray for long life and good health. – Joel Osteen
85. The health of body and mind is a great blessing if we can bear it. – John Henry Cardinal Newman
86. Today, more than 95% of all chronic disease is caused by food choice, toxic food ingredients, nutritional deficiencies and lack of physical exercise. – Mike Adams
87. It’s bizarre that the produce manager is more important to my children’s health than the pediatrician. – Meryl Streep
88. The part can never be well unless the whole is well. – Plato
89. By cleansing your body on a regular basis and eliminating as many toxins as possible from your environment, your body can begin to heal itself, prevent disease, and become stronger and more resilient than you ever dreamed possible. – Dr. Edward Group III
90. They say if you don’t have your health you ain’t got nothing, but the truth is, you ain’t got nothing if you don’t have no one to worry about your health. – Bernie Mac
91. It’s no longer a question of staying healthy. It’s a question of finding a sickness you like. – Jackie Mason
92. We exhaust ourselves worrying about our health. We’re obsessed with it. We worry about our health and when we worry about our health, guess what? We’re not fucking healthy! We’re so worried about our health that we are now the fattest group of fucks on the planet Earth! “Should I eat this or should I eat this? Well, I’ll have to eat both!” – Lewis Black
93. My grandfather always said, “Don’t watch your money, watch your health.” So one day while I was watching my health, someone stole my money. It was my grandfather. – Jackie Mason
94. The old problems – love, money, security, status, health, etc. – are still here to plague us or please us. – Shelley Berman
95. Dick Cheney said he was running again. He said his health was fine, ‘I’ve got a doctor with me 24 hours a day.’ Yeah, that’s always the sign of a man in good health, isn’t it? – David Letterman
96. Health food would seem healthier if the people that sold it looked less unhealthy. – Dov Davidoff
97. There’s nothing more important than our good health – that’s our principal capital asset. – Arlen Specter
98. There is no health without mental health; mental health is too important to be left to the professionals alone, and mental health is everyone’s business. – Vikram Patel
99. Without your health, you’ve got nothing going on. I thank God every day for good health. – Ric Flair
100. Health is the thing that makes you feel that now is the best time of the year. – Franklin Pierce Adams
101. It’s better to be healthy alone than sick with someone else. – Phil McGraw
102. Leave all the afternoon for exercise and recreation, which are as necessary as reading. I will rather say more necessary because health is worth more than learning. – Thomas Jefferson
103. I’ve always believed fitness is an entry point to help you build that happier, healthier life. When your health is strong, you’re capable of taking risks. You’ll feel more confident to ask for the promotion. You’ll have more energy to be a better mom. You’ll feel more deserving of love. – Jillian Michaels
104. But the real secret to lifelong good health is actually the opposite: Let your body take care of you. – Deepak Chopra
105. The healthy man does not torture others – generally, it is the tortured who turn into torturers. – Carl Jung
106. Everyone has their own definition of a healthy lifestyle, and mine has come to mean making health a priority but not an obsession. – Daphne Oz
107. Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint. – Mark Twain
108. The art of healing comes from nature, not from the physician. Therefore the physician must start from nature, with an open mind. – Paracelsus
109. All the evidence that we have indicates that it is reasonable to assume in practically every human being, and certainly in almost every newborn baby, that there is an active will toward health, an impulse towards growth, or towards the actualization. – Abraham Maslow
110. Personal health is related to self-control and to the worship of life in all its natural beauty – self-control bringing with it happiness, renewed youth, and long life. – Maria Montessori
111. Women, in particular, need to keep an eye on their physical and mental health, because if we’re scurrying to and from appointments and errands, we don’t have a lot of time to take care of ourselves. We need to do a better job of putting ourselves higher on our own ‘to do’ list. – Michelle Obama
112. Health messages are simply overwhelmed, in volume and in effectiveness, by junk-food ads that often deploy celebrities or cartoon characters to great effect. We may know that eating fruits and vegetables is good for us, but the preponderance of the signals we get – and especially the signals children get – push us in the direction of junk food. – Michael Moss
113. I’ve spent half my life in gyms, if not more, and I love physical fitness and health; couple that with the fact that I love for people to be healthy, whether it’s mentally, physically, or emotionally, and it’s just a great opportunity for me to do something I love and have an impact on people’s health. – Steve Nash
114. Unhealthy eating habits cause major health problems, such as diabetes and heart disease, and can also lead to food insecurity, disrupted eating patterns, and low self-esteem. – Matt Cartwright
115. The typical response from people when I tell them I’m diabetic is, ‘Oh, I’m sorry to hear that.’ You know, I’m not. I’m a better athlete because of diabetes rather than despite it. I’m more aware of my training, my fitness and more aware of nutrition. I’m more proactive about my health. – Charlie Kimball
116. I believe that parents need to make nutrition education a priority in their home environment. It’s crucial for good health and longevity to instill in your children sound eating habits from an early age. – Cat Cora
117. The more you look into health and health inequalities, you realize that a lot of it is not due to a particular disease – it’s really linked to underlying societal issues such as poverty, inequality, lack of access to safe drinking water and housing. And these are all the things we focus on at care. – Helene D. Gayle
118. If you’re healthy, if you don’t get sick much, if you don’t go to the doctor much or use your health insurance much, you are a genetic lottery winner. It has nothing to do with the way you live, nothing to do with doing the right things. It’s just sheer luck, and you are gonna pay for that. – Rush Limbaugh