Love songs for him or her can be a great way to say “I love you”. Some would give gifts to express how they feel about someone. Others, on the other hand, say those three words through music. Music and love are related since music was first introduced.
During the earlier times, music and love coexisted in poems. Then, they started to be seen in songs of different genres. In the 60s, 70s and 80s, rock songs and pop songs were the major favorite categories among music lovers. These two genres spoke directly and indirectly about love in some form.
Love and music are inseparable. If you’re looking for a love song that truly expresses your love to that person, here’s our list of 100 amazing romantic songs that you can dedicate to your special love.
100 Romantic Love Songs for Him or Her
1. Love Song by Sara Bareilles
It reached number 4 in Billboard Hot 100. Love Song was a debut song of the singer from California, Sara. Unfortunately, it didn’t make it to number 1. The meaning of the song didn’t refer to a lover who wanted to hear Sara singing a love song. Instead, she was referring to a record label who told her to write a great love song to prove that she could indeed write a song. Still, it’s romantic, isn’t it?
2. Love Story by Taylor Swift
It’s a song from Taylor’s album Fearless released in 2008. The song was written for her love interest, who wasn’t accepted by her family and friends. Her music video is related to Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare. Instead of having a tragic ending, she replaced it with a happy one. This is a nice song that you can dedicate to him.
3. I Will Always Love you by Whitney Houston
Although it was popularized by Whitney Houston, it was originally recorded by Dolly Parton in 1974. I Will Always Love You was a song for the movie the Bodyguard, Whitney’s film debut. Unlike Dolly’s version, Whitney’s version was undoubtedly a worldwide success. That’s probably because it was sung beautifully by the late Whitney Houston. The song is for those who still believe that love can stay forever, no matter what.
4. A Thousand years by Christina Perri
It’s from the soundtrack of The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn. Released in 2011, the song has magical lyrics that complemented the singer’s mesmerizing voice. It talks about the eternal love of Bella Swan and Edward Cullen.
5. I Love You Always Forever by Donna Lewis
During its release, it didn’t topple Macarena of Los Del Rios. That said, it only settled on number 2 at the Hot 100 of Billboard. Despite that, the lyrics of this song were great, especially this part: “I love you, always forever.”
6. All of Me by John Legend
It’s from the fourth album of John Legend. He co-wrote it with Toby Gad. Released in 2013, he dedicated this song to his wife Chrissy Teigen. The song and its lyrics are simply beautiful. It shows how John loves Chrissy. The song is about a person loving another person despite his/her imperfections. Listen to it and you’ll understand why it’s on our list.
7. At Last by Etta James
This is another romantic song and a true American classic. It has been on top of most radio charts in the US when it was released. The song was even reported to be part of many weddings a few years back.
8. Lovesong by Adele
It was originally recorded by The Cure. But Adele’s version was more beautiful. Just listen to “whenever I’m alone with you… you make me feel like I am home again” and you’ll understand why it’s included on our list.
9. I Just Called to Say I love by Stevie Wonder
It’s an ideal song to sing when you have a long distance relationship with your boyfriend. Stevie wrote it for the movie The Woman in Red. Because of the lovely composition, it became an Oscar Winner for Best Original Song. The song is about acknowledging the fact that when your loved one is not around, you’re lifeless.
10. All for Love by Color Me Badd
The band wanted their fans to know that they perform their songs All for Love. There’s no way for someone to sing this song without doing a little move in honor of love.
11. You Had Me from Hello by Kenny Chesney
Although Kenny has written and sung a lot of sweet lyrics, this one is a real winner.
12. I’ll Never Break Your Heart by the Backstreet Boys
The band was once famous. But their popularity was solely based on their ability to make teenagers fall in love with them. Thus, it deserved to be on this list. Although it’s a song for women, you can still play it to your boyfriend who wants an assurance from you that you’ll never break his heart.
13. This I Promise You by N’Sync
It’s a perfect song for your wedding. The lyrics convey what marriage should be – “keeping your faith when it’s gone… till the day my life is through, this I promise you.” It may be a cheesy song. But the lyrics are just magical.
14. Endless Love by Lionel Richie
Admit it. It’s still a lovely song, despite its age. It was magically arranged and composed allowing it to be covered many times. The song was also used to describe the relationship of Chandler and Janice on Friends. Who can’t fall in love with these lyrics — “My love, there’s only you in my life”
15. Yellow by Coldplay
It’s on the album Parachutes. Recorded in 2000, the song was reportedly a reference to Chris Martin’s unrequited love for his partner. It’s a soothing music that you can play in the background while you’re having a dinner with your boyfriend. The line “For you, I’d bleed myself dry” always strikes a chord each time you listen to the song.
16. Drunk in Love by Beyonce featuring Jay-Z
Sang by the husband and wife, Jay Z and Beyonce collaborated in this song and gave their fans an insight of their love life. Although it’s playful, it’s still romantic so it makes it on our list.
17. I’ve Had the Time of My Life by Jennifer Warnes and Bill Medley
You guess it right. It’s from the movie Dirty Dancing of the late Patrick Swayze. While listening to it, one can’t just help envision himself/herself as Jennifer Grey. The song perfectly describes what a realistic love is.
18. I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing by Aerosmith
Although Steven Tyler is known for writing and singing songs about sex, drugs and rock and roll. However, this song just changed the game of the band. It’s the theme song of Armageddon. The lyrics didn’t talk about the space excursion of the move, but about the extreme love between A.J Frost and Grace Stamper. If you’ve seen the movie, you’ll surely cry thinking about it.
19. The Power of Love by Celine Dion
It was a big hit in 1994. Each time it’s played, it reminds you that when facing trials, the power of love will help pull us through. This is a classy love song that can be played to celebrate your anniversaries.
20. I Swear by All 4 One
It’s another hit in 1994. The lyrics are perfect as a wedding vow. Each word of this song is a promise that you spend a lifetime in making another person happy. It doesn’t matter if the song is played during a proposal, a wedding dance or honeymoon. The song is a sure tear jerker.
21. I Won’t Give Up by Jason Mraz
Released in 2013, the song was written by Mraz and Michael Natter. It’s a song about couples experiencing troubles in their relationship. It is also inspirational. It’s one of the best love songs that you can dance with your partner. It has a melodious tune and mushy lyrics. It simply has all the ingredient of a perfect love song.
Other Love Songs You May Enjoy
22. Without You by Mariah Carey
23. My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion
24. Far Away by Nickelback
25. It’s Not Over by Daughtry
26. How Do I Live by Trisha Yearwood
27. Your Everything by Keith Urban
28. No Ordinary Love by Sade
29. I Want To Know What Love Is by Foreigner
30. I’ll Make Love To You by Boyz II Men
31. Wicked Game by Chris Isaak
32. Listen To Your Heart by Roxette
33. Simply The Best by Tina Turner
34. Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis
35. No One by Alicia Keys
36. Hero by Enrique Iglesias
37. Could I Have This Kiss Forever by Whitney Houston ft. Enrique Iglesias
38. Holding Out For a Hero by Bonnie Tyler
39. Said I loved You…But I Lied by Michael Bolton
40. Please Forgive Me by Bryan Adams
41. I Would Do Anything For Love by Meat Loaf
42. Let’s Make Love by Faith Hill and Tim McGraw
43. You’re Still The One by Shania Twain
44. I Need You by LeAnn Rimes
45. (Everything I Do) I Do It For You by Bryan Adams
46. Un-Break My Heart by Toni Braxton
47. Here and Now by Luther Vandross
48. Crazy In Love by Beyonce ft. Jay Z
49. Nobody Wants To Be Lonely by Ricky Martin ft Christina Aguilera
50. Here Without You by 3 Doors Down
51. Lovesong by The Cure
52. More Than Words by Extreme
53. I Will Remember You by Sarah Mclachlan
54. I’ll Stand By You by The Pretenders
55. Fallin by Alicia Keys
56. Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman by Bryan Adams
57. Kiss From A Rose by Seal
58. What Is Love by Haddaway
59. Where Do You Go by No Mercy
60. Cose Della Vita by Eros Ramazzotti and Tina Turner
61. I Belong To You by Eros Ramazzotti and Anastacia
62. Every Breath You Take – The Police
63. Breathe by Faith Hill
64. The Way You Make Me Feel by Michael Jackson
65. Hello by Lionel Richie
66. Your Love by The Outfield
67. No One Else by Wheezer
68. Love Letter by Clairy Browne & The Bangin’ Rackettes
69. Love Takes Time by Mariah Carey
70. Beast Of Burden by Rolling Stones
71. The Man Who Lives Forever by Lord Huron
72. U Smile by Justin Bieber
73. All My Life by K-Ci & JoJo
74. If It’s Love by Train
75. You Give Me Something by James Morrison
76. This Year’s Love by David Gray
77. Then by Brad Paisley
78. Love Me Tender by Elvis Presley
79. She’s My Kind Of Rain by Tim McGraw
80. It’s Your Love by Tim McGraw and Faith Hill
81. You Are The Best Thing by Ray LaMontagne
82. Vision Of Love by Mariah Carey
83. Let’s Stay Together by Al Green
84. With Or Without You by U2
85. All You Need Is Love by The Beatles
86. You Got What I Need by Joshua Radin
87. 4 And 20 by Joss Stone
88. To Be With You by Mr. Big
89. Can’t Help Falling In Love by UB40
90. Make You Feel My Love by Adele
91. Take My Breath Away by Berlin
92. Don’t Let Go by En Vogue
93. Justify My Love by Madonna
94. It Must Have Been Love by Roxette
95. She Loves You by The Beatles
96. Woman In Love by Barbra Streisand
97. Crazy Little Thing Called Love by Queen
98. Because You Loved Me by Celine Dion
99. I Can’t Stop Loving You by Ray Charles
100. Let Me Love You by Mario
101. Silly Love Song by Wings
102. How Deep Is Your Love by Bee Gees
103. We Found Love by Rihanna ft. Calvin Harris
You may also like our article: Different Types Of Love.