Trust matters a lot in a relationship. In fact, we may even equate it to the meaning of love. You cannot love a person whom you do not trust and you cannot trust someone who doesn’t love you.
In the simplest sense, relationships revolve around trust. It comes naturally within families such as between parents and siblings, but can also be difficult to give or to receive from a stranger. Trust can be expressed through words but is usually shown in actions.
For example, sharing your deepest secrets to your mom means you know she’s not going to get you busted no matter what. Another example is when your father taught you how to ride a bike as a kid – you just know he’s not going to let go while you work on getting your balance.
Finding a person whom you can completely trust is a blessing. Surely you have heard of families or marriages that broke apart because there was no trust in their relationship. This shows how essential trust is as it can make or break relationships. If you’re surrounded by trustworthy people in your life right now, you are one of the lucky ones so make sure you keep them. You can always count on them through the ups and downs of life.
We are giving you a long list of trust quotes to help you fully understand what trust is and to remind you the importance of it in our lives!
1. Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none. – William Shakespeare
2. I believe if you keep your faith, you keep your trust, you keep the right attitude, if you’re grateful, you’ll see God open up new doors. – Joel Osteen
3. Trust is like blood pressure. It’s silent, vital to good health, and if abused it can be deadly. – Frank Sonnenberg
4. Trust is the lubrication that makes it possible for organizations to work. – Warren Bennis
5. Trust opens up new and unimagined possibilities. – Robert. C. Solomon
6. Trust in God for great things. With your five loaves and two fishes, He will show you a way to feed thousands. – Horace Bushnell
7. Most good relationships are built on mutual trust and respect. – Mona Sutphen
8. I truly believe that everything that we do and everyone that we meet is put in our path for a purpose. There are no accidents; we’re all teachers – if we’re willing to pay attention to the lessons we learn, trust our positive instincts and not be afraid to take risks or wait for some miracle to come knocking at our door. – Marla Gibbs
9. Did I offer peace today? Did I bring a smile to someone’s face? Did I say words of healing? Did I let go of my anger and resentment? Did I forgive? Did I love? These are the real questions. I must trust that the little bit of love that I sow now will bear many fruits, here in this world and the life to come. – Henri Nouwen
10. A wedding anniversary is the celebration of love, trust, partnership, tolerance and tenacity. The order varies for any given year. – Paul Sweeney
11. A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. – Charles Spurgeon
12. You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something – your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life. – Steve Jobs
13. The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them. – Ernest Hemingway
14. Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters. – Albert Einstein
15. Trust in dreams, for in them is hidden the gate to eternity. – Khalil Gibran
16. Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. – Jesus Christ
17. I believe that a trusting attitude and a patient attitude go hand in hand. You see, when you let go and learn to trust God, it releases joy in your life. And when you trust God, you’re able to be more patient. Patience is not just about waiting for something, it’s about how you wait, or your attitude while waiting. – Joyce Meyer
18. The trust of the innocent is the liar’s most useful tool. – Stephen King
19. Woe to the man whose heart has not learned while young to hope, to love – and to put its trust in life. – Joseph Conrad
20. Leadership contains certain elements of good management, but it requires that you inspire, that you build durable trust. For an organization to be not just good but to win, leadership means evoking participation larger than the job description, commitment deeper than any job contract wording. – Stanley A. McChrystal
21. In finding love, I think it’s important to be patient. In being in a relationship, I think it’s important to be honest, to communicate, to respect and trust, and to strive to give more than you take. – Kina Grannis
22. Trust is hard to come by. That’s why my circle is small and tight. I’m kind of funny about making new friends. – Eminem
23. For every good reason there is to lie, there is a better reason to tell the truth. – Bo Bennett
24. Be true to yourself, stay focused and stay you, take advice from other folks, use what you can, but never mind what is not for you. For the most part, trust yourself and believe in what you are doing. – Musiq Soulchild
25. If people like you, they’ll listen to you, but if they trust you, they’ll do business with you. – Zig Ziglar
26. Trust is the glue of life. It’s the most essential ingredient in effective communication. It’s the foundational principle that holds all relationships. – Stephen Covey
27. Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. – Francis Bacon
28. Trust yourself. Create the kind of self that you will be happy to live with all your life. Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement. – Golda Meir
29. I love women, but I feel like you can’t trust some of them. Some of them are liars, you know? Like I was in the park and I met this girl, she was cute and she had a dog. And I went up to her, we started talking. She told me her dog’s name. Then I said, ‘Does he bite?’ She said, ‘No.’ And I said, ‘Oh yeah? Then how does he eat?’ Liar. – Demetri Martin
30. Loyalty and devotion lead to bravery. Bravery leads to the spirit of self-sacrifice. The spirit of self-sacrifice creates trust in the power of love. – Morihei Ueshiba
31. I spent a lot of years trying to outrun or outsmart vulnerability by making things certain and definite, black and white, good and bad. My inability to lean into the discomfort of vulnerability limited the fullness of those important experiences that are fraught with uncertainty: Love, belonging, trust, joy, and creativity to name a few. – Brene Brown
32. My life motto is basically to lower your standards and expectations so you’re never disappointed and never put any trust in anything, and I try to prepare for the day that I wake up, and everyone I know is like, ‘LOL JK best long-running practical joke ever’, so I’ve never really let myself freak out or get too excited about anything. – Tavi Gevinson
33. Never trust anyone completely but God. Love people, but put your full trust only in God. – Lawrence Welk
34. The love of a dog is a pure thing. He gives you a trust which is total. You must not betray it. – Michel Houellebecq
35. The best proof of love is trust. – Joyce Brothers
36. To have faith is to trust yourself to the water. When you swim you don’t grab hold of the water, because if you do you will sink and drown. Instead, you relax, and float. – Alan Watts
37. Leaders must exemplify integrity and earn the trust of their teams through their everyday actions. When you do this, you set high standards for everyone at your company. And when you do so with positive energy and enthusiasm for shared goals and purpose, you can deeply connect with your team and customers. – Marillyn Hewson
38. I trust no one, not even myself. – Joseph Stalin
39. You may be deceived if you trust too much, but you will live in torment if you don’t trust enough. – Frank Crane
40. Never trust anyone who doesn’t drink coffee. – AJ Lee
41. My trust in God flows out of the experience of his loving me, day in and day out, whether the day is stormy or fair, whether I’m sick or in good health, whether I’m in a state of grace or disgrace. He comes to me where I live and loves me as I am. – Brennan Manning
42. Old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. – Athenaeus
43. Trust your own instincts, go inside, and follow your heart. Right from the start. go ahead and stand up for what you believe in. As I’ve learned, that’s the path to happiness. – Lesley Ann Warren
44. If the people cannot trust their government to do the job for which it exists – to protect them and to promote their common welfare – all else is lost. – Barack Obama
45. I trust you: That’s huge. That’s truth. That’s real love. Everyone uses ‘I love you’ so loosely. – Justin Chatwin
46. Twasn’t me, ’twas the Lord! I always told Him, ‘I trust to you. I don’t know where to go or what to do, but I expect You to lead me,’ an’ He always did. – Harriet Tubman
47. The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant
48. The most important lesson that I have learned is to trust God in every circumstance. Lots of times we go through different trials and following God’s plan seems like it doesn’t make any sense at all. God is always in control and he will never leave us. – Allyson Felix
49. I do not know what I may appear to the world, but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me. – Isaac Newton
50. Trust your instinct to the end, though you can render no reason. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
51. When a train goes through a tunnel and it gets dark, you don’t throw away the ticket and jump off. You sit still and trust the engineer. – Corrie Ten Boom
52. Disappointment is inevitable. But to become discouraged, there’s a choice I make. God would never discourage me. He would always point me to himself to trust him. Therefore, my discouragement is from Satan. As you go through the emotions that we have, hostility is not from God, bitterness, unforgiveness, all of these are attacks from Satan. – Charles Stanley
53. Trust is built with consistency. – Lincoln Chafee
54. Trust is a big word for me. Loyalty and trust, for me, are everything. It’s the core of what I’m about and what the people around me hopefully are about. It’s a certain thing that gives you a sense of security. It’s the biggest factor in everything I do. – Tommy Mottola
55. Never trust a computer you can’t throw out a window. – Steve Wozniak
56. Trust, but verify. – Ronald Reagan
57. I cannot trust a man to control others who cannot control himself. – Robert E. Lee
58. A healthy relationship is built on unwavering trust. – Beau Mirchoff
59. I put things in perspective and trust that everything is in its right place, be grateful that I’m healthy. Then throw on a cap and some killer red lipstick and gloss that always seems to do the trick. – Sasha Jackson
60. Trust is not simply a matter of truthfulness, or even constancy. It is also a matter of amity and goodwill. We trust those who have our best interests at heart, and mistrust those who seem deaf to our concerns. – Gary Hamel
61. It’s scary that everything you’re saying to me could be a lie. Without communication, there is no relationship. Without respect, there is no love. Without trust, there’s no reason to continue.
62. You’re not sorry you did it, you’re sorry I found out.
63. After you, I can’t trust anyone
64. Trust takes years to build, second to break, and forever to repair.
65. It’s not the future you are afraid of. It’s the fear of the past repeating itself that haunts you. – T.W.W.
66. Her intuition was her favorite superpower.
67. One of the worst feelings in the world is having to doubt something you thought was unquestionable.
68. I’m practicing non-attachment. Accepting what comes and allowing it to leave when it’s time. What’s for me will be for me effortlessly.
69. When something feels off, it is. – Abraham Hicks
70. Pain changes people, it makes them trust less, overthink more, and shut people out.
71. Your worst battle is between what you know and what you feel.
72. A bird sitting on a tree is never afraid of the branch breaking, because her trust is not on the branch but on its wings. Always believe in yourself.
73. If you want to be trusted, be honest.
74. Choose me or lose me. I’m not a backup plan and definitely not a second choice.
75. Never push a loyal person to the point where they no longer care.
76. The one that love you will never make you wonder.
77. I trusted you but now your words mean nothing because your actions spoke the truth.
78. Pray, then let it go. Don’t try and manipulate or force the outcome. Just trust God to open the right doors at the right time.
79. Trust the wait. Embrace the uncertainty. Enjoy the beauty of becoming. When nothing is certain, anything is possible.
80. When your worries are louder than howling winds, and your strength is growing thin, and things are breaking more than they bend, that is when you’ve reached the end. The perfect place to start again. – Morgan Harper Nichols
81. Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.
82. If you get that gut feeling that something isn’t right about a person or situation, trust it.
83. Only trust someone who can see these three things in you: The sorrow behind your smile, the love behind your anger, and the reason behind your silence.
84. Real is so rare these days.
85. Sometimes giving someone a second chance is like giving them an extra bullet for their gun, because they missed you the first time.
86. Trust issues come from being fucked over.
87. The worst thing about being lied to is knowing you weren’t worth the truth.
88. My love is unconditional. My trust, and my respect are not.
89. I don’t want perfect, I want honest.
90. Be careful who you vent to. A listening ear is also a running mouth.
91. I don’t trust easily. So when I tell you that “I trust you”, please don’t make me regret it.
92. Don’t trust everything. You see? Even the salt looks like sugar.
93. When people treat you like they don’t care believe them.
94. I don’t hate you. I’m just disappointed you turned into everything you said you’d never be.
95. If I cut you off, chances are, you handed me the scissors.
96. Trust gets you killed, love gets you hurt and being real gets you hated.
97. Sometimes, the only one you can trust is yourself.
98. Love grows where trust is laid and love dies where is betrayed. – Tigress Luv
99. I’m sorry if you don’t like my honesty. But to be fair, I don’t like your lies.
100. Apology accepted, trust denied.
101. Trust doesn’t come with a refill. Once it’s gone, you probably won’t get it back, and if you do, it will never be the same. And that’s a fact.
102. I’m not upset that you lied to me, I’m upset that from now on I can’t believe you. – Friedrich Nietzsche
103. The older I get, the more I realize the value of privacy, of cultivating your circle and only letting certain people in. You can be open, honest, and real while still understanding not everyone deserves a seat at the table of your life.
104. Once I catch you in a lie, it makes me question everything you say.
105. When trust is broken, sorry means nothing.
106. Act like you trust people, but do not.
107. True love is about vulnerability; allowing someone to see that you want and need them in your life, and trusting them not to hurt you.
108. People ask me why it is so hard to trust people. I ask them why it is hard to keep a promise.
109. If the words don’t add up, it’s usually because the truth wasn’t included in the equation.
110. If you don’t trust, there’s no way you are able to love.
111. If you have no intention of catching me, than don’t ever make me fall.
112. Trust is like an eraser, it gets smaller and smaller after every mistake.
113. Three things you should never break: promise, trust, and someone’s heart.
114. Worrying doesn’t change anything, but trusting in God changes everything.
115. I forgive people, but that doesn’t mean I accept their behavior or trust them. I forgive for me, so I can let go and move on with my life.
116. Never trust your fears, they don’t know your strength.
117. It’s like once you’ve been hurt. You’re so scared to get attached again. Like you have this fear that every person you start to like is going to break your heart.
118. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. – Gordon B. Hinckley
119. When you make a commitment, you build hope. When you keep it, you build trust.
120. I got trust issues because people got lying issues.
121. Relationships are about trust. If you have to play detective, then it’s time to move on.
122. The glue that holds all relationships together–including the relationship between the leader and the led–is trust, and trust is based on integrity. – Brian Tracy
123. Just trust yourself, then you will know how to live. – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
124. Better to trust the man who is frequently in error than the one who is never in doubt. – Eric Sevareid
125. It takes two to do the trust tango–the one who risks (the trustor) and the one who is trustworthy (the trustee); each must play their role. – Charles H. Green
126. Trust is built when someone is vulnerable and not taken advantage of.” – Bob Vanourek
127. If you don’t have trust inside your company, then you can’t transfer it to your customers. – Roger Staubach
128. Trust each other again and again. When the trust level gets high enough, people transcend apparent limits, discovering new and awesome abilities of which they were previously unaware. – David Armistead
129. When people honor each other, there is a trust established that leads to synergy, interdependence, and deep respect. Both parties make decisions and choices based on what is right, what is best, what is valued most highly. – Blaine Lee
130. When a gifted team dedicates itself to unselfish trust and combines instinct with boldness and effort, it is ready to climb. – Patanjali
131. He who does not trust enough will not be trusted. – Lao Tzu
132. Leadership requires five ingredients–brains, energy, determination, trust, and ethics. The key challenges today are in terms of the last two–trust and ethics. – Fred Hilmer
133. You must trust and believe in people, or life becomes impossible. – Anton Chekhov
134. Few things help an individual more than to place responsibility upon him, and to let him know that you trust him. – Booker T. Washington
135. It is mutual trust, even more than mutual interest that holds human associations together. – H. L. Mencken
136. When the trust account is high, communication is easy, instant, and effective. – Stephen R. Covey
137. It’s hard to trust when all you have from the past is evidence why you shouldn’t.
138. Try again, this time with me. – God
140. I trust the next chapter because I know the author.
141. Stop asking me to trust you while I still coughing up water from the last time you let me drown.
142. Trust my timing. – God
143. Hurt me with the truth but never comfort me with a lie.
144. Respect people who trust you. It takes a lot for people to trust, so treat their trust like precious porcelain. – Brandon Cox
145. Trust is always earned, never given. – R. Williams
146. Trust is only gained when one person risks and doesn’t get harmed. It grows as both people increasingly risk and don’t get harmed in the process. – Glen Williams
147. In order to establish trust, it is first important that you be trustworthy. This means you should be forthright with all your dealings. – Paul Melendez
148. Put more trust in nobility of character than in an oath. – Solon