At some point in our lives, we all have experienced the feeling of being alone. To be alone doesn’t have to mean staying in an empty room with no one else but yourself. Sometimes even when you’re with other people’s company, you still get that feeling of loneliness.
There are two reasons why at times we feel this way. First, it could be that we chose to just be by ourselves. At first, some of us actually enjoy doing things on our own. We thought we’d be more relaxed and at peace without the presence of anyone else.
But later on we realized we went too far and now it’s too late, we no longer have anyone beside us. Secondly, we feel alone because our friends and family do not seem to understand what we’re going through in life. We feel that we are not getting the support, love, and affection that we need.
Thankfully, we found the way to express our emotions through reading and posting quotes related to what we feel. It somehow helps us tell other people what we really want to say. These being lonely quotes also give us the courage to understand the real reason why we’re feeling this way.
We want to help you ease your loneliness by giving you a long list of beautifully written quotes from different authors around the world. These being alone quotes will surely inspire you and will encourage other people to try to understand what you’re really going through.
Being Alone Quotes
1. I’m learning a lot about myself being alone, and doing what I’m doing. – Chantal Kreviazuk
2. Loneliness expresses the pain of being alone and solitude expresses the glory of being alone. – Paul Tillich
3. Loneliness is my least favorite thing about life. The thing that I’m most worried about is just being alone without anybody to care for or someone who will care for me. – Anne Hathaway
4. The best part about being alone is that you really don’t have to answer to anybody. You do what you want. – Justin Timberlake
5. Our uniqueness makes us special, makes perception valuable – but it can also make us lonely. This loneliness is different from being ‘alone’: You can be lonely even surrounded by people. The feeling I’m talking about stems from the sense that we can never fully share the truth of who we are. I experienced this acutely at an early age. – Amy Tan
6. Sometimes, being different feels a lot like being alone. But with that being said, being true to that and being true to my standards and my way of doing things in my art and my music, everything that has made me feel very different… in the end, it has made me the happiest. – Lindsey Stirling
7. I secretly enjoy being alone – hiking alone, skiing alone, walking along the beach alone, going to movies alone. Do not get me wrong, I like sharing my life with other people, but sometimes really enjoy being as alone as possible. – Josh Zuckerman
8. Loneliness is such an omnipotent and painful threat to many persons that they have little conception of the positive values of solitude and even, at times, are frightened at the prospect of being alone. – Rollo May
9. There’s a tremendous difference between alone and lonely. You could be lonely in a group of people. I like being alone. I like eating by myself. I go home at night and just watch a movie or hang out with my dog. I have to exert myself and really say, oh God, I’ve got to see my friends ’cause I’m too content being by myself. – Drew Barrymore
10. I finally faced the fact that it isn’t a crime not having friends. Being alone means you have fewer problems. – Whitney Houston
11. I had already found that it was not good to be alone, and so made companionship with what there was around me, sometimes with the universe and sometimes with my own insignificant self; but my books were always my friends, let fail all else. – Joshua Slocum
12. I think it’s good for a person to spend time alone. It gives them an opportunity to discover who they are and to figure out why they are always alone. – Amy Sedaris
13. And the danger is that in this move toward new horizons and far directions, that I may lose what I have now, and not find anything except loneliness. – Sylvia Plath
14. Don’t go away. I don’t want to be alone. I can’t stand being alone. – Arnold Rothstein
15. I don’t know what else to do when I’m alone. I always think of you.
16. We’re born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we’re not alone. – Orson Welles
17. I felt her absence. it was like waking up one day with no teeth in your mouth. you wouldn’t need to run to the mirror to know they were gone. – James Dashner,
18. If you wanted to do something absolutely honest, something true, it always turned out to be a thing that had to be done alone. – Richard Yates
19. Alone, I often fall down into nothingness. I must push my foot stealthily lest I should fall off the edge of the world into nothingness. I have to bang my head against some hard door to call myself back to the body. – Virginia Woolf
20. You smile, but you wanna cry. You talk, but you wanna be quiet. You pretend like you’re happy but you aren’t.
21. Sometimes life is too hard to be alone, and sometimes life is too good to be alone. – Elizabeth Gilbert
22. He succeeded in being considered totally uninteresting. People left him alone. And that was all he wanted. – Patrick Süskind
23. The trouble is not really in being alone, it’s being lonely. One can be lonely in the midst of a crowd, don’t you think? – Christine Feehan
24. She knows she is lonely, yet she has no problem with it. She prefers to spend her time alone instead of dealing with people’s lies and games.
25. Until you get comfortable with being alone you’ll never know if you’re choosing someone out of love or loneliness. – Many Hale
26. She was happiest in her own little world. She didn’t need anyone or anything to complete her. She as was whole, all by herself.
27. I enjoy being alone, my soul is at peace in the silence.
28. Be along. Get inside your mind. Figure things out. Grow.
29. And in the end, all I learned was how to be strong alone.
30. The person who tries to keep everyone happy often ends up feeling the loneliest.
31. I don’t like depending on people because people leave all the time. Because at the end of the day all you have is yourself and has to be enough.
32. The best way to be happy with someone is to learn to be alone. That way the company will be a matter of choice and not necessity.
33. Be willing to walk alone. Many who started with you wont finish with you.
34. Funny thing is when you start feeling happy alone, everyone else wants to be with you.
35. Sometimes you have to separate yourself from everyone and just focus on doing you.
36. The hardest walk is walking alone. But if you let it, it’s the walk that can make you the strongest.
37. How do you know you’re alone? When you look around and everyone looked like they never knew you.
38. I don’t need anybody telling me how to fix my own damn life. I can do it alone.
39. At the end of the day, you will only have yourself. It’s either you accept that or you continue to live a miserable life.
40. He doesn’t treat me like a wife. If he does, why do I always end up feeling alone?
41. One day you will be able to tell yourself, you made it! You never needed him! You’re going to live your life the way you want it to be.
42. I used to tell myself I wasn’t good enough. That even if I leave he wouldn’t miss me. Turns out it was the other way around.
43. Believe in yourself. Even if you’re alone, it doesn’t mean you can’t do anything. Each of us has a purpose. You have a purpose, you just haven’t found it yet!
44. I’m fascinated with myself and love hearing the sound of my own voice. I’d like to hear what I have to say. A lot of people don’t like being alone because they truly don’t like themselves, but I love me. – Gene Simmons
45. Freedom of being alone is intoxicating. – Kangana Ranaut
46. Some people can’t stand being alone. I love solitude and silence. But when I come out of it, I’m a regular talking machine. It’s all or nothing for me. – Celine Dion
47. Adolescents show off. That’s another way of wanting to connect with people. It’s not an aspect of human behavior that we generally consider to be very admirable, but it is, in some way, a means of connecting with someone else and not being alone. – Kenneth Lonergan
48. Being alone has a power that very few can handle.
49. For now I would rather be alone and listen to the saddest songs being played in the radio.
50. People only see me from the outside. But from the inside, they do not see the real me longing for attention.
51. If you don’t like being alone, you can’t survive in the real world.
52. The Jew does not wish to be isolated. He fears being alone, without allies. – Meir Kahane
53. I like to be alone, but I being lonely.
54. I never felt isolated; I just liked being alone. I think that some people are good at being alone, and some people aren’t, and as a child, I really liked it. – Karin Slaughter
55. I only work once or twice a year for about a month, so I have a lot of free time. But I’m good at being alone, which helps. – Rory Culkin
56. She was drowning but nobody saw her struggle.
57. While I’m perfectly able of walking this planet without you, it would be the loneliest journey knowing you exist. – J. Iron Word
58. It’s better to have nobody than to have someone who is half there or doesn’t want to be there.
59. Don’t be afraid to walk alone. Don’t be afraid to like it.
60. I will never change myself to be easier for someone to deal with.
61. My goals don’t stop for anyone. Either you support me or I make it happen alone. Either way it’s
going to happen.
62. Standing alone doesn’t mean I’m alone. It means I am strong enough the handle things all by myself.
63. It takes nothing to join the crowd. It takes everything to stand alone.
64. Choose your relationships wisely. Being alone will never cause as much loneliness as being in the wrong relationship.
65. It’s better to be alone than to be with those who hinder your progress.
66. I like to pretend that everything’s alright. Because when everybody else thinks you’re fine, sometimes you forget for a while that you’re not.
67. No human being can serve the peace you have to acquire on your own. People get so caught up in validation they forget they breathe alone.
68. It takes a strong person to remain single in a world that is accustomed to settling with anything just to say they have something.
69. One day people will remember me as someone who stood up and fought what’s right even when the world was against me. Hold company with yourself so sacred that even when you are alone, you are whole.
70. You never really stop loving someone. You just learn to try to live without them.
71. Love when you’re ready, not when you’re lonely.
72. Don’t hang out with people who make you feel even more alone.
73. You alone are enough. You have nothing to prove to anyone.
74. You will be happy, said life, but first I must make you strong.
75. Take care of your thoughts when you’re alone. And take care of your words when you’re with people.
76. Growing up in Georgia in the southeastern United States, I was always reading and always kept to myself. I never felt isolated, though; I just liked being alone. – Karin Slaughter
77. Being alone is scarier than any boogeyman and the reason why I don’t choose to see Horror movies as a rule. – Tom Sizemore
78. In a household tragedy, you are very much aware of being alone. It is something that is possible to grasp, and that is why it hurts so much. Because you are alone. I know a little about this. – Per Petterson
79. I’m the most communal person that exists and a very solitary person. So I think writing is a form of getting to the community and being alone, and it’s the best of both possible worlds. – Ariel Dorfman
80. I’m into horror pictures because I love the fear of being alone in the dark, and I’d recommend that to any composer who wants to work in this genre. – Christopher Young
81. As a child, I was a brat, and my parents didn’t know how to control me. So they told me ghost stories, which stayed with me. I am still petrified of darkness and being alone. – Bipasha Basu
82. For me, books have always been a way to feel less alone while being alone. Perhaps if I was depressed and isolated, just communicating with these authors through their sentences helped me. – Jonathan Ames
83. It takes people being alone in front of the computer at three in the morning to write opinions about movies, apparently. – Jeff Nichols
84. Courage is not limited to the battlefield or the Indianapolis 500 or bravely catching a thief in your house. The real tests of courage are much quieter. They are the inner tests, like remaining faithful when nobody’s looking, like enduring pain when the room is empty, like standing alone when you’re misunderstood. – Charles R. Swindoll
85. Stand up for what you believe in even if you are standing alone. – Sophie Scholl
86. I owe everything that I have done to the fact that I am very much at ease being alone. – Marilynne Robinson
87. It is better to be alone than to become a person that loses his soul to the fear of loneliness. – Shannon L. Alder
88. People can waste a large amount of their time trying to be accepted by people. Sometimes, God meant for you not to fit. You never know, you may hold the unique perspective that when voiced or demonstrated will change generations. – Shannon L. Alder
89. Let me tell you this: if you meet a loner, no matter what they tell you, it’s not because they enjoy solitude. It’s because they have tried to blend into the world before, and people continue to disappoint them. – Jodi Picoult
90. The loneliest moment in someone’s life is when they are watching their whole world fall apart, and all they can do is stare blankly. – F. Scott Fitzgerald
91. Remember: the time you feel lonely is the time you most need to be by yourself. Life’s cruelest irony. – Douglas Coupland
92. I enjoy being alone, my soul is at peace in the silence.
93. If you want to go somewhere you like but no one else wants to go, go by yourself. You’ll meet people with similar interests as you.
94. Pretending to be happy when you’re alone is an example of how strong you are as a person.
95. The older I get the more I realized I’m better off alone.
96. Have you ever just randomly started crying because you’ve been holding in all of these emotions and pretending to be happy for way too long?
97. I feel like I’m the only person who has a happy personality and a sad soul in one body.
98. The best revenge, is no revenge. Be happy. Even if it means you have to be alone for a while.
99. Have you ever imagined what it would be like if you live alone for the rest of your life? Just thinking about it makes me sad. Everyone needs someone.
100. Invest in your mind every single day. Give yourself a chance to be alone and sharpen your brain while you’re at it.
101. The one who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crows. Those who walk alone are likely to find themselves in places no one has ever been before. – Albert Einstein
102. The smartest thing a woman can ever learn is to never need a man.
103. Love yourself. Heal your soul. Change the world.
104. I’m not scared of anything. Not even the thought of being alone.
105. I know what I bring to the table. So trust me when I say I’m not afraid to eat alone.
106. I miss the old, happy me.
107. She didn’t wait for anybody’s approval. She took every step alone.
108. Love me the way I am or leave me alone.
109. I like being alone. It gives me a certain kind of peace that I cannot find when I’m with other people.
110. Have you ever visited a place so magical that you tell yourself, I can live here by myself forever.
111. What is the difference between being alone and being lonely? Being alone is being away from others because you choose to. Being lonely is when there is no one there for you.
112. Sometimes I find myself giving the wrong people my attention, I rather am alone than to deal with these fake people.
113. I am glad to say that’s I’m staying in trying my best to make changes for myself, not for anyone else but me.
114. I feel sorry for anyone who is in a place where he feels strange and stupid. – Lois Lowry
115. And then I thought, maybe I was made to be alone.
116. One important rule in a relationship, is to never make your partner feel their alone.
117. Sometimes I like to shut down and don’t talk to anyone for days. It’s nothing personal.
118. Broken things like me are better off alone.
119. No. I may not be physically alone. But mentally there is no one in sight.
120. Have you ever felt alone in a sea of people.
121. The room is full but nobody wants to talk to me. Then I realized, I was on a wrong place.
122. Sometimes you just need to distance yourself from people. If they care, they’ll notice. If they don’t you know where you stand.
123. I just want to go to a place where nobody can recognize me. Then, that will be the time I know I can make something of my own.
124. Sometimes you need to walk alone, just to show you can.
125. I don’t hate people. I just feel better when they’re not around.
126. Sometimes its better to be alone. Why? Because it means I will never get hurt again.
127. She knows she is lonely, yet she has no problem with it. She prefers to spend her time alone instead of dealing with people’s lies and games.
128. Some people tremble at the idea of being alone. I don’t understand. I love my solitude. My energy is never leeched; my feelings are never hurt. I treat myself well, I entertain myself, but its peaceful. – Sylvester Mcnutt
129. The most dangerous humans are the women who realize they don’t need anyone after facing the hurricane alone.
130. You alone are enough. You don’t have to do anything to prove your worth.
131. There is a spot in my heart that will never belong to anyone else but you.
132. If you and I don’t end up together, I’d rather spend my whole life being alone.
133. I know you’re sad so I know I won’t tell you to have a good day. Instead, I’ll tell you to take care of yourself. Get through the day without giving up. Tomorrow is going to be brand new. You alone can decide which direction you want to take.
134. It’s sad how someone can go from being the reason you wake up smiling, to the reason you yourself to sleep
135. Until you get comfortable with being alone, you will never know how strong you are.
136. I like to travel alone. I get to know myself better when I do things on my own.
137. I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself anymore.
138. I distance myself from people for a reason.
139. And sometimes I just need to be alone, so I can cry without being judged, so I can think without being interrupted, so I don’t bring anyone else down with me.
140. That feeling when you’re not necessarily sad, but you just feel really lonely.
141. Lonely is not being alone, it’s the feeling that no one cares.
142. I live in that solitude which is painful in youth, but delicious in the years of maturity. – Albert Einstein
143. All man’s miseries derive from not being able to sit quietly in a room alone. – Blaise Pascal
144. Without great solitude no serious work is possible. – Pablo Picasso
145. You cannot be lonely if you like the person you’re alone with. – Wayne Dyer
146. I love to be alone. I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude. – Henry David Thoreau
147. I used to think that the worst thing in life was to end up all alone. It’s not. The worst thing in life is ending up with people who make you feel all alone. – Robin Williams
148. If you are afraid of being lonely, don’t try to be right. – Jules Renard
149. There are days when solitude is a heady wine that intoxicates you with freedom, others when it is a bitter tonic, and still others when it is a poison that makes you beat your head against the wall. – Sidonie Gabrielle Colette