While bride speeches are not necessarily traditional at weddings, there is no reason why the star of the show cannot give her own speech in front of all the people that are near and dear to her. If you are a bride and are not shy or feel like you have something important to express, then you will want to deliver a speech that is sincere and heartfelt.
Since bride speeches are not traditional, there are many things that you can talk about. You can talk about the Groom and how you met. You might decide to thank your parents and about how their marriage inspired you.
If someone you love could not make it to your wedding, you can make them the focus of your speech. If someone close to you recently passed away, then you can talk about them as well.
More than anything, your guests will love to hear you talk about your romance. What was your first impression of the groom? How did you know that he was the one? What are your most favorite things about him?
Brides can also be stereotypically known for being Bridezillas, which is a term for brides who are way too demanding when it comes to planning their weddings. If you like, you can make it a point in your speech to thank your bridesmaids for all the help they have given you while you planned for your wedding
You can also thank your bridesmaids for their unfaltering emotional support and for any other help they may have given to you while you prepared for your big wedding day. Being a bridesmaid can be very demanding and stressful and they might appreciate the shout out and the show of appreciation.
Below are a variety of bride speech ideas that you can use for your own speech at your wedding. Whether you want to talk about your groom, feel like thanking your bridal party, or want to honor someone special, there are many ways for you to craft your wedding speech. Let the bride speech quotes below inspire you to make your own unique and touching speech for your wedding.
As the bride, all eyes will be on you and people will want to hear what you have to say. So make it entertaining, romantic, and if you want and if it is appropriate, you can even use some humor as well. And last of all, do not forget to thank all of your guests for coming to witness your wedding and support you and your husband on your big day.
Bride’s Speech Examples
1. I know that a bride giving a speech at her wedding is a little out of the box, but I have always been the type of person to march to the beat of my own drum. I want to thank my husband, my bridesmaids, and the rest of our family and friends for being so supportive of us. Thank you for showering us with your love and thank you for embracing our weirdness.
2. I will be the first person in this room to admit that I was never the type of girl to dream about her wedding day. A big, romantic wedding was just never something that I thought all that much about. I was not even sure if I would ever get married. But when you meet the right person, you just know, and I am so grateful that I met [groom] and that I get to be his wife. I could not ask for a better husband.
3. Growing up, I was always a little bit skeptical of everything. I never wanted to believe in things that were too good to be true. But sometimes good things just happen. I learned that when I met [groom.] When I met him he was a breath of fresh air and since then he has become much more than that.
What started out as a good friendship blossomed into a wonderful relationship with someone who is truly amazing. I believe in angels and miracles now, because [groom] is my angel, he is my miracle.
4. When I was just a little girl, I used to dream about my wedding day. I would think about the beautiful white dress, the gorgeous flowers, and the delicious cake. And I have to admit all of those things have been nice things about my wedding. At the same time, none of it would mean anything without my wonderful groom, our lovely friends, and our amazing families. All the material stuff is extra, but it is the people you love that make a special day like this so meaningful.
5. This wedding has been a whirlwind of love and happy moments with all of the people that I love the most. But most of all, it is the day that I got to marry the love of my life. [Groom,] thank you for being my husband. I love you with every fiber of my being. Thank you for being my husband.
6. The first day that [groom] and met, I will admit that I thought he was cute and that he was interesting. I wanted to get to know him better. But never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined what our future would hold. Every now and then I think to myself, how lucky I am that I got to meet and marry such a wonderful person.
7. [Groom,] I never knew what my wildest dreams were until I met you. You have made me feel immeasurably happy, loved, and content and I know this is only the beginning of our journey together as a married couple.
8. [Groom,] having you in my life has been an absolute blessing. First as a friend, then as boyfriend and girlfriend. Then we became engaged and decided to get married. And as of today, we are husband and wife and I could not be more excited.
9. Hi everyone. Are you all having fun or what? I sure hope you are all having a great time because I sure am. I have to say that I am having the time of my life today.
I want to thank all of you for coming here to witness [groom] and I’s special day. It goes without saying that this day is obviously about the love that [groom] and I share, but there are two other people in this room that I especially want to thank. These are two people who I would not be here without. And these special people of course, are my mom and dad.
My mom and dad did what all good parents do. They always nurtured me, protected me, and loved me. But they also loved each other and I got to witness their love for one another every day when I was growing up. Whether intentional or not, that love that the two of them shared had a deeply profound impact on me, even as a little girl. Because of my parents, I know what real love is.
And now that I’m a lot older and am married, I cannot wait to share my whole entire life with this one person who is so special and means so much to me. Thank you mom and dad, for always showering love on me. I love you both with all of my heart and thank you [groom,] for being my husband.
10. Some of you here know that we have been planning this wedding for some time now. During the whole planning process, I have learned quite a lot about weddings, but most of all, I learned a lot about [groom] and I.
We all know that planning a wedding takes a lot of work and now that the wedding day is finally today, I know that now more than ever. This day could not have been possible without so many people but I especially want to thank the love of my life [groom,] our bridal party, and our parents. You have all provided us with so much support and love throughout the whole wedding planning process and we are thrilled to be celebrating our special day with all of you by our side.
11. If I look overcome with emotion, it is because I am. I never knew life could be like this and that I could be so happy. And I have [groom] to thank for that. Thank you, [groom] for filling my days with joy and filling my heart with love. And thank you for becoming my husband today and letting me be your wife.
12. I would like to give a special and heartfelt thank you to all of my bridesmaids for helping me with this wedding. Not only did you lovely ladies help me with the planning, you sat there through some of my bridezilla moments and did not run away screaming. Thank you for being so patient with me and for being there for me especially on today, which is such an important day to [groom] and I. I love all of you so much.
13. I would first and foremost like to thank the handsome and charming [groom,] who I am now lucky enough to call my husband. Just saying that feels weird, but it also feels so right.
Thank you, [groom] for loving me for me and for standing up with me at the altar so we could exchange our vows. This is not the happy ending to our love story because this day is only just the beginning of a new and more exciting adventure that we get to experience together. We have a lifetime ahead of us and I for one cannot wait to see what lies ahead.
14. All my life, I have always been a very spiritual person and I truly believe that everything happens for a reason. So I have never thought that my meeting [groom] was ever a coincidence. I think that we were meant to be together and that God was saving you for me.
15. Thank you to everyone for coming to our wedding. [Groom] and I are truly blessed to have all of you in our lives. And I have to say that for me, [groom] has been my biggest blessing of all. To be able to find someone to share a married life with is something that I can only attribute to God’s grace and I want to thank God for everything that has been given to me and [groom.] We could not be happier.
16. In life, there are so many things for us to constantly think about. Sometimes it can be easy to feel like you can never be sure of anything. In fact, I have often found myself feeling that way. Unsure about some of the choices I have made, about the career I’ve chosen or the home I live in. And sometimes I have even been unsure about the people I surround myself with.
But over time, you learn how to tackle that uncertainty, though you will still find times where you are not always sure about everything. That is just how life is.
When I met [groom] though, I was sure. Of what I was sure of, I didn’t exactly know. But I knew that he was someone special. I was sure that I wanted to know this person and get to know everything about him. I didn’t know at the time whether that meant as a friend or something more, but all I knew was that I wanted to be in his life.
As [groom] and I got to know each other more and more, that certainty only grew stronger. And not only was I sure about him, but having him around made me more sure of other aspects of my life as well. When you are with someone that you are that sure about, you feel much more confident and more sure of things.
[Groom,] thank you for being here with me today and deciding to become my husband. I know without a doubt, that we have a very bright future ahead of us. I know not everything will be easy or perfect, but we will have each other and that is more than enough for me.
17. Most of you probably know that [groom] and I are religious. And for me, my spirituality has often been about taking a leap of faith. My faith has gotten me through so many good times and some not so good times as well. And how did I know that [groom] was the one? I didn’t know right away, it wasn’t exactly love at first sight. But when I took that leap of faith, everything clicked and I am glad we took a chance on each other. Without my faith and without [groom,] my world would not be as bright and as happy.
18. As I look at all of you in this room, I am overcome with emotions. Joy, love, and gratitude just to name a few. Thank you all so much for being here. Whether you were part of the wedding or traveled near and far to see [groom] and I get married today, it means more to me than words can adequately explain.
Check out our other article on Wedding Vows for Him or Her.
19. While this night is about me and [groom,] I just want to take a moment to thank the other two most important people in my life: my mom and dad. Mom and dad, you both have taught me so much. Dad, you are the first guy I ever loved and you have always taken care of our family. You and Mom have always made me feel so safe and so loved.
Mom, you are everything that I always wanted to be. Watching you and Dad, I always wanted to find a love that was as strong as yours. I am so happy that I found that perfect person. Thank you both for teaching me the meaning of love and for preparing me for the world.
20. What can I say about [groom?] You all know that he is smart, hardworking, and funny. And he is pretty handsome as well. But there is a lot more to him than meets the eye. Over the years, I have gotten to know the real [groom.]
[Groom] is a romantic. He has always been thoughtful from day one. And I don’t even mean the gifts. Romance is also about the little things. Saying “I love you” every morning when you wake up and every night when you go to bed.
And [groom] is also the most patient, nicest person I know. He has seen me through a lot of hard times and while he has seen me at my very best, he has also seen me at my worst.
[Groom] is fearless. And with him, I am fearless as well. I know that together, we can explore the world as husband and wife. Together, we will have many adventures together.
21. [Groom,] I just want you to know that you have my heart today and always. I cannot wait to go to bed with you next to me every night and to wake up every morning with you by my side. You are an absolute blessing in my life and I am so happy to be the new Mrs. ____________.
22. When two people decide to get married, there is a lot of talk about the wedding. The couple sits down and goes crazy trying to find a venue, set a date, get together a bridal party, and book a caterer, DJ, and florist among many other countless vendors. You also have to find the perfect dress for the bride and the right dresses for the bridesmaids. Down to every little detail, weddings are something that are discussed and planned in great detail.
But there is a lot more to a marriage, isn’t there? After the fun wedding, when the music is gone and the food and cake has been eaten, when the guests have danced their hearts out, and the newlyweds have driven off together, what is left?
After the wedding, what is left is the marriage itself. And while marriage is certainly not a big party every day, it is something that [groom] and I talked about a lot and in great detail. Who would pay the bills? Who would do the laundry, the cooking, the cleaning? Did we want kids? How many? What would our home look like?
And even then, when all of those questions have been discussed, there is still a lot more to a marriage. How much are two people willing to fight for each other and listen to each other? Will they be strong for each other? So [groom] and I sat down and we talked and talked and talked about the wedding, about what marriage meant to us, and what our future together would look like.
What we realized more and more is how right it all felt. We won’t always have the perfect answer to everything that comes our way, but what we do have is each other. We have our love, our patience, and determination and with that in mind, I am so happy to now be married to [groom.]
You may also enjoy our Groom’s Speech Examples.
23. As many of you know, my grandma and I were close. My grandma was the sweetest lady that ever existed. She was a loving, nurturing, and kind soul and she was adored by everyone who knew her. We had a lot of good memories together, both in my childhood and even as an adult. I still remember her hugs and the soothing sound of her voice. She has had a profound impression on me throughout the years.
So as I celebrate my wedding day, I cannot help but remember my dear grandma. While I would have loved for her to be here today, I know that she is smiling down on us from heaven. And I know that she would have loved [groom] and that she would be over the moon for the two of us. Grandma, I love and miss you.