While a bridesmaid is not at all expected to give a speech during a wedding, it is something that can be appreciated. Usually a speech is expected of the Maid of Honor or the Matron of Honor, but if you feel like you have something nice to say, then you can certainly prepare a thoughtful speech for the big day.
Bridesmaid Speech Examples
1. Hi everyone, I am one of the bridesmaids in this wedding and I just wanted to say how happy and lucky I am to be here to celebrate [bride] and [groom’s] wedding with everyone. Today, everything looks effortless.
From the beautiful wedding ceremony to the food, music, and decorations at this venue, every little detail was planned by [bride] and [groom.] And lots of time was spent shopping for dresses and doing fittings. When you get to peek behind the scenes, you see how much work really gets put into planning a wedding. There were a lot of late nights and hours spent working on this wedding and I have to say that it all turned out quite beautifully. Let’s all give a round of applause for [bride] and [groom.]
[Bride] and [groom,] thank you for such a wonderful day. I raise my glass to the two of you and wish you nothing but the best in your life together. May each day be full of love and laughter between the two of you.
2. Hello everyone, obviously by my dress you can tell that I am one of the bridesmaids but most of you know me as a good friend of the bride. For many years, we have been partners in crime and have shared many memories. Today is another great day to add to our countless memories together.
Today is truly [bride] and [groom’s] day and [bride,] you look positively radiant today and [groom,] you are looking as handsome as ever. You have both truly outdone yourselves.
But while this is [bride] and [groom’s] day, I also want to give a shout out to her parents. From raising a wonderful daughter who has been one of my best friends in the world, to occasionally getting us out of trouble and acting as my second set of parents, I want to thank the two of you for raising such a wonderful person who I am so lucky to have in my life. And of course, you have also made this wedding what it is. It has been a lovely day that we will all remember for many years to come.
3. I am a bridesmaid and I am friends with [bride.] [Groom,] I hope you know how lucky you are to have someone as awesome as [bride] for a wife. She is an amazing, thoughtful, and loving friend, and I know she’ll be an even better wife to you. And you are pretty great yourself.
4. As someone who was your bridesmaid on your wedding day, I cannot adequately tell you how beautiful and touching this day has been to me. And this is my wish for the two of you: that today is not the happiest, day of your life. I hope that today is not the day that you loved each other the most. In fact, I hope today is the day that you loved each other the least because my wish for you is that your love for each other will grow with each passing day.
5. Hi everyone, I am a bridesmaid. And anyone who knows me knows that I love seeing two people in love. So you can imagine how great this day has been for me. I am so thankful to have been a part of [bride] and [groom’s] big day. [Bride] and [groom,] I don’t know if I have ever told you this, but you guys are the cutest couple I know. In fact, you are one of my favorite couples.
You are both such sweet and thoughtful people and together those qualities are multiplied. The way you two look at each other makes me believe in fairy tales again. You are even better together and I wish the two of you many more sweet memories to come.
6. Being a bridesmaid comes with certain responsibilities. Helping with the bridal shower, making sure the bride has fun at her bachelorette party, and shopping for dresses are just a few things we bridesmaids do. There have been a lot of wonderful bonding moments as we helped [bride] prepare for this wedding. But we also got the opportunity to see a woman who we deeply care about and love prepare for one of the most important days of her life.
This woman over here loves [groom] so much. And it is one of the most beautiful things that I have ever seen. I am so happy and excited for the two of you. Let’s all raise a glass to the lovely newlyweds.
7. I am one of [bride’s] bridesmaids. While we are not related by blood, I would say that we are a lot more like family than friends. From [bride] and her siblings to their parents and grandparents, I can say that they are all amazing people and I feel so lucky to be able to take part in this day with you. I feel lucky to know [groom] as well, he is a wonderful guy who happened to fall in love with a lovely woman and I cannot wait to see what the future has in store for them. Let us all toast to [bride] and [groom!]
8. As one of [bride’s] bridesmaids, it has been a joy to watch her on this journey. From getting to know her to meeting [groom,] and then watching her plan her wedding, it has been one amazing adventure. [Bride] and [groom,] I am so happy for the two of you. Your wedding day has been absolutely wonderful and I know that I am not alone when I say that I love you both and wish you all the best in your new life together.
Check out our Rehearsal Dinner Speech Examples.