Butterflies are considered as one of the most beautiful creatures in the world. Their aesthetic aspects are mesmerizing and the change they make from one form to another, called metamorphosis is astonishing. We can’t blame those people who are obsessed with butterflies because they are indeed designed with unique and beautiful features. They make people smile and appreciate nature more. Since these butterflies love and blend with flowers, they make nature look even more pleasing to the eyes.
On the other hand, people sometimes look at butterflies from a different perspective. We incorporate butterflies in many other things such as being in love. How many times have you heard people say, “I knew she was the one because I felt like butterflies were flying in my stomach.” Many also believe that we are all like butterflies. We may not see how beautiful we are, but everyone else can. Butterflies also remind us to never be afraid of spreading our wings (having dreams) and flying as high as we can (achieving those dreams and not limiting ourselves.) They aren’t just pretty creatures, they’re also a great reminder of what matters most in life and what true beauty means.
Are you a butterfly lover, just like us? If yes, then these butterfly quotes will surely bring a smile to your face! We hope you have fun reading them!
1. Butterflies are more like flowers; there only advantage is that they can touch the sky.
2. A butterfly always reminds that there is always beauty at the end of all the pain.
3. When I thought that my life was already over I became a splendid butterfly.
4. Happiness is a butterfly, which when pursued, is always just beyond your grasp, but which, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you. – Nathaniel Hawthorne
5. She said it was because one day I was going to have to go through a metamorphosis like a caterpillar transforming into a butterfly and that scared me, so butterflies scared me. – Gayle Forman
6. Alongside the practical thought something else struggled and, like an escaped butterfly, took wing: the assurance of something wonderful awaiting her. Just around the corner. – Norah Lofts
7. When the spirit of nature touches us, our hearts turn into a butterfly. – Mehmet Murat Ildan
8. Take time to be a butterfly. – Gillian Duce
9. You put butterflies back into my soul and painted their wings with passion and poetry. – Melody Lee
10. I think that positivity, real positivity, is like the butterflies. The whole essence of the butterfly: caterpillar, cocoon, winged creature. When I look at a butterfly, I not only see a winged beauty, but I also see a strong beauty. – C. JoyBell C.
11. Do you ever feel as if everything surrounding you is in slow motion, moving through tar? There you are, and there’s the world. You’re outside staring in the window, observing reality happen, but you don’t exist in it. You just watch, and watch. That’s how I feel, like the dead butterfly staring back at you through the glass. – Kyle Labe
12. I wish I could see butterflies burst from cocoons without tempering my amazement. Knowing all beauty eventually dies. – Justin Wetch
13. The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. – Rabindranath Tagore
14. Everyone is like a butterfly, they start out ugly and awkward and then morph into beautiful graceful butterflies that everyone loves. – Drew Barrymore
15. ‘Just living is not enough,’ said the butterfly, ‘one must have sunshine, freedom and a little flower.’ – Hans Christian Anderson
16. I’d be a butterfly born in a bower, where roses and lilies and violets meet.
17. The butterfly said to the sun, ‘They can’t stop talking about my transformation. I can only do it once in my lifetime. If only they knew, they can do it at any time and in countless ways.’ – Dodinsky
18. Teaching a child not to step on a caterpillar is as valuable to the child as it is to the caterpillar. – Bradley Millar
19. A caterpillar, after its deep slumber, ‘wakes up to reality’ to realize, that truth is not always bitter after all! – Manali Oak
20. A butterfly is a miracle, a divine creation that fleets, propelling the caterpillar within, an array of predators it cheats.
21. A caterpillar is a butterfly in disguise.
22. The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly. – Richard Bach
23. I dreamed I was a butterfly, flitting around in the sky; then I awoke. Now I wonder: Am I a man who dreamt of being a butterfly, or am I a butterfly dreaming that I am a man? – Zhuangzi
24. As with the butterfly, adversity is necessary to build character in people. – Joseph B. Wirthlin
25. Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. – Muhammad Ali
26. Never touch a butterfly’s wing with your finger. – Sidonie Gabrielle Colette
27. There is nothing in a caterpillar that tells you it’s going to be a butterfly. – R. Buckminster Fuller
28. When I ran, I felt like a butterfly that was free. – Wilma Rudolph
29. When God becomes glad with our good works, then He sends the cute animals, birds, butterflies etc. near us like a signal to express His happiness. – Md. Ziaul Haque
30. If butterflies could sing, they would sing, ‘Baby Shark.’ – Anthony T. Hincks
31. Eyes are drugs. There are all Butterflies in my eyes, be safe Dear creatures. – Zuairijah Mou
32. Failure is like a caterpillar before it becomes a butterfly. – Peta Kelly
33. ‘Don’t be afraid. Change is such a beautiful thing,’ said the Butterfly. – Sabrina Newby
34. Butterflies are nature’s tragic heroes. They live most of their lives being completely ordinary. And then, one day, the unexpected happens. They burst from their cocoons in a blaze of colors and become utterly extraordinary. It is the shortest phase of their lives, but it holds the greatest importance. It shows us how empowering change can be. – Kelseyleigh Reber
35. It’s very tough for me to focus. I’m like: ‘Look, something shiny! No, focus. Oh, there goes a butterfly!’ – Gabby Douglas
36. Just as the bird sings or the butterfly soars, because it is his natural characteristic, so the artist works. – Alma Gluck
37. Metamorphosis has always been the greatest symbol of change for poets and artists. Imagine that you could be a caterpillar one moment and a butterfly the next. – Louie Schwartzberg
38. I don’t really go out partying, but I’m definitely a social butterfly. – Eliza Doolittle
39. His talent was as natural as the pattern that was made by the dust on a butterfly’s wings. At one time he understood it no more than the butterfly did and he did not know when it was brushed or marred. – Ernest Hemingway
40. When a small child, I thought that success spelled happiness. I was wrong, happiness is like a butterfly which appears and delights us for one brief moment, but soon flits away. – Anna Pavlova
41. The winter solstice has always been special to me as a barren darkness that gives birth to a verdant future beyond imagination, a time of pain and withdrawal that produces something joyfully inconceivable, like a monarch butterfly masterfully extracting itself from the confines of its cocoon, bursting forth into unexpected glory. – Gary Zukav
42. And when I was angry, when I was younger, I was in a cocoon. Now I’m a beautiful, black butterfly. – Tracy Morgan
43. What’s a butterfly garden without butterflies? – Roy Rogers
44. Death consists, indeed, in a repeated process of unrobing, or unsheathing. The immortal part of man shakes off from itself, one after the other, its outer casings. And as the snake from its skin, the butterfly from its chrysalis, emerges from one after another, passing into a higher state of consciousness. – Annie Besant
45. Love is like a butterfly: It goes where it pleases and it pleases wherever it goes.
46. Butterflies are graceful, varied and enchanting, small but approachable. Butterflies lead you to the sunny side of life. And everyone deserves a little sunshine.
47. Butterflies, they are like dream flowers, childhood dreams, which have broken loose from their stalks and escaped into the sunshine.
48. What would a butterfly quote, on looking in the mirror? It would say, ‘The adventure was worth it!’ – Manali Oak
49. They say, ‘Only in dreams men are truly free.’ What does a butterfly dream about? It’s already free. – Scholasticus K
50. Someday, I will be a beautiful butterfly, and then everything will be better.
51. When you find yourself cocooned in isolation and despair and cannot find your way out of the darkness, remember that this is similar to the place where caterpillars go to grow their wings.
52. To know God, watch a butterfly return to the same tree, after a year and a thousand miles. – Jonathan Lockwood Huie
53. Everybody knows what a caterpillar is, and it doesn’t look anything like a butterfly. – Lynn Margulis
54. The cynic finds love with the idealist. The rebel with the conformist. The social butterfly with the bookworm. They help each other balance their lives. – Joyce Brothers
55. I would like to think that the singer is the butterfly, and the drummer was just the little grub in the ground, working to become a caterpillar. – Robert Wyatt
56. I like to read books and be alone; I’m not social butterfly person. – Hope Solo
57. Making something and sending it out into the world and then people not only responding to it but adopting it for their own and making a separate thing for it, that’s beautiful. It just shows you how much you can affect other people, the butterfly effect of everything you put out into the world. – Marketa Irglova
58. Know thyself. A maxim as pernicious as it is ugly. Whoever studies himself arrest his own development. A caterpillar who seeks to know himself would never become a butterfly. – Andre Gide
59. The trouble with most comedians who try to do satire is that they are essentially brash, noisy and indelicate people who have to use a sledgehammer to smash a butterfly. – Imogene Coca
60. I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming I am a man. – Zhuangzi
61. This magnificent butterfly finds a little heap of dirt and sits still on it; but man will never on his heap of mud keep still. – Joseph Conrad
62. Is it sin, which makes the worm a chrysalis, and the chrysalis a butterfly, and the butterfly dust? – Max Muller
63. Doing voiceovers is so great because even though many people would think it’s just your voice, you really do use all your physicality. I’ve done everything from playing a butterfly to Alice in Wonderland when she’s 10 feet tall, so it allows you to be an actor and build new characters. – Ashley Bell
64. I have four or five ideas that just keep floating around and I want to kind of just let one – like a beautiful butterfly, let it land somewhere. – Gillian Flynn
65. I’m Serena Williams on the court, but away I have so many different names. I call myself Butterfly. – Serena Williams
66. Other people might want a Ferrari, but I wanted a butterfly house. I built it together with a blacksmith. We designed it together. – Andre Rieu
67. I should like to present myself to the young painters of the year 2000 with the wings of a butterfly. – Pierre Bonnard
68. The term ‘breakout’ always makes me think of an inmate or some butterfly emerging out of a cocoon. – Tessa Thompson
69. I began writing when I was still in the British Foreign Service, and it was then understood that even if you wrote about butterfly collecting, you used another name. – John le Carre
70. My favorite movie is ‘The Diving Bell and the Butterfly.’ – Jason Momoa
71. A cockroach likely has no less brain power than a butterfly, but we’re quicker to deny it consciousness because it’s a species we dislike. – Jeffrey Kluger
72. Beautiful and graceful, varied and enchanting, small but approachable, butterflies lead you to the sunny side of life. And everyone deserves a little sunshine. – Jeffrey Glassberg
73. Butterflies are self-propelled flowers. – R.H. Heinlein
74. The caterpillar does all the work but the butterfly gets all the publicity. – George Carlin
75. Just like the butterfly, I too will awaken in my own time. – Deborah Chaskin
76. Butterflies are God’s confetti, thrown upon the Earth in celebration of His love. – K. D’Angelo
77. The butterflies. What an educated sense of beauty they have. They seem only an ornament to society, and yet, if they were gone, how substantial would be their loss. – Phil Robinson
78. Soar up high with the beauty and grace of a butterfly.
79. The butterfly does not count the months of its life but rather it counts the moments and yet all the time it has is still enough. – Rabindranath Tagore
80. Each butterfly that you see is a reminder that there is always a person who longs for you to see, and that is me.
81. May the butterfly that I sent to find you so it can give you delight and keep you from being blue?
82. The butterfly is a flying flower, the flower a tethered butterfly. – Ponce Denis Ecouchard Lebru
83. Adding wings to caterpillars does not create butterflies, it creates awkward and dysfunctional caterpillars. Butterflies are created through transformation. – Stephanie Marshall
84. There is nothing in a caterpillar that tells you it’s going to be a butterfly. – Richard Buckminster Fuller
85. Not quite birds, as they were not quite flowers, mysterious and fascinating as are all indeterminate creatures. – Elizabeth Goudge
86. We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty. – Maya Angelou
87. I’d be a butterfly, born in a bower, where roses and lilies and violets meet. – Thomas Haynes Bayly
88. With the rose the butterfly’s deep in love, A thousand times hovering round; But round himself, all tender like gold, The sun’s sweet ray is hovering found. – Heinrich Heine
89. Much converse do I find in thee, Historian of my infancy! Float near me; do not yet depart! Dead times revive in thee: Thou bring’st, gay creature as thou art! A solemn image to my heart. – William Wordsworth
90. Awaken to the universes simple gift of the butterfly. Watch with fascination and joy as a jeweled treasure glides by and gently touches your soul. – K. D’Angelo
91. What we thought as a difficult struggle in our lives is actually a metamorphosis.
92. The caterpillar believes that she is an ugly creature until she became a butterfly and came to realize how beautiful she is destined to be.
93. Butterflies are tiny, graceful and enchanting creatures that lead us to the bright and happy side of life.
94. The butterfly flits from bloom to bloom, as not to miss one fragrant plume. In her sight exists no garden finale, only paradise of flowered hill and valley. – K. D’Angelo
95. Butterflies are a breath of beauty fluttering by, they are mystery chronicled upon wing, and they bring forth the grace and wonder of this world to our eyes every day. – K. D’Angelo
96. I only ask to be free. The butterflies are free. – Charles Dickens
97. ‘Just living is not enough,’ said the butterfly, ‘one must have sunshine, freedom and a little flower.’ – Hans Christian Anderson
98. ‘How does one become a butterfly?’ she asked pensively. You must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar. – Trina Paulus
99. Butterflies, flowers that fly and all but sing. – Robert Frost
100. They seemed to suddenly come upon happiness as if they had surprised a butterfly in a winter wood. – Edith Wharton
101. I almost wish we were butterflies and lived but three summer days, three such days with you I could fill with more delight than fifty common years could ever contain. – John Keats
102. Well, I must endure the presence of a few caterpillars if I wish to become acquainted with the butterflies. – Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
103. Life is short. If you doubt me, ask a butterfly. Their average lifespan is a mere five to fourteen days. – Ellen DeGeneres
104. She liked being reminded of butterflies. She remembered being six or seven and crying over the fates of the butterflies in her yard after learning that they lived for only a few days. Her mother had comforted her and told her not to be sad for the butterflies that just because their lives were short didn’t mean they were tragic. Watching them flying in the warm sun among the daisies in their garden, her mother had said to her, see, they have a beautiful life. Alice liked remembering that. – Lisa Genova
105. He said that we belonged together because he was born with a flower and I was born with a butterfly and that flowers and butterflies need each other for survival. – Gemma Malley
106. A flower knows, when its butterfly will return, and if the moon walks out, the sky will understand; but now it hurts, to watch you leave so soon, when I don’t know, if you will ever come back. – Sanober Khan
107. I tell of hearts and souls and dances. Butterflies and second chances; desperate ones and dreamers bound, seeking life from barren ground, who suffer on in earthly fate. The bitter pain of agony hate, might but they stop and here forgive. Would break the bonds to breathe and live. And find that God in goodness brings. A chance for change, the hope of wings, to rest in Him, and self to die. And so become a butterfly. – Karen Kingsbury
108. When I was a girl I would look out my bedroom window at the caterpillars; I envied them so much. No matter what they were before, no matter what happened to them, they could just hide away and turn into these beautiful creatures that could fly away completely untouched. – Patch Adams
109. I could just hide away and turn into these beautiful creatures that could fly away completely untouched. – Patch Adams
110. Hundreds of butterflies flitted in and out of sight like short-lived punctuation marks in a stream of consciousness without beginning or end. – Haruki Murakami
111. We are all butterflies. Earth is our chrysalis. – LeeAnn Taylor
112. Some things, when they change, never do return to the way they once were. Butterflies for instance, and women who’ve been in love with the wrong man too often. – Alice Hoffman
113. Like a butterfly stuck in a chrysalis, waiting for the perfect moment, I was waiting for the day I could burst forth and fly away and find my home. – Emme Rollins
114. But on paper, things can live forever. On paper, a butterfly never dies. – Jacqueline Woodson
115. Minutes passed by. A little blue butterfly landed on my nose. I blinked at it and it fluttered to my ear. A big yellow butterfly gently floated over and landed on my paw. Soon a whole swarm of them floated up and down around me, like a swirl of multicolored petals. It happened in my backyard, too, if the magic was strong enough. Butterflies were small and light, and very magic sensitive. For some reason I made them feel safe and they gravitate to me like iron shavings to a magnet. They ruined my ferocious badass image, but you’d have to be a complete beast to swat butterflies. – Ilona Andrews
116. You can only chase a butterfly for so long. – Jane Yolen
117. A fallen blossom returning to the bough, I thought. But no, a butterfly. – Arakida Moritake
118. Only in a place where the rules of the game remain fixed is there time for butterflies to evolve to feed on the shit of birds that evolved to follow ants. – Elizabeth Kolbert
119. A constant flickering confetti of butterflies showered the town of Darwin. Designer insects, I think of them now: there was something enormously wasteful, extravagant even, about the profusion of patterns and shapes and brilliant colors. – Peter Goldsworthy
120. Love takes my insides and twists and turns them until they’re inside out, upside down, knotted in knots, and full of butterflies. And you know what? I love it! – Anthony T. Hincks
121. I welcome all butterflies into my heart because that feeling is a constant reminder of how alive and full of love I truly am. – Karen A. Baquiran
122. Far from such din, when blessed silence returns, I can listen to the butterflies that flutter inside my head. To hear them, one must be calm and pay close attention, for their wing beats are barely audible. Loud breathing is enough to drown them out. This is astonishing: my hearing does not improve, yet I hear them better and better. I must have butterfly hearing. – Jean-Dominique Bauby
123. Butterflies are like angels kisses sent from heaven. – Malia Kirk
124. For when ideas flutter in haze, we collaborate without notice and collect them as butterflies only to set them free into the world. – Shawn Lukas
125. We can learn a lesson from the butterfly beginning its life crawling along the ground, then spinning a cocoon, patiently waiting until the day it will fly. – Heather Wolf
126. The uglier the caterpillar the lovelier the butterfly. – Matshona Dhliwayo
127. The butterfly is a flying flower. The flower a tethered butterfly. – Ponce Denis
128. A butterfly lights beside us like a sunbeam, and for a brief moment, its glory and beauty belong to our world. But then it flies again, and though we wish it could have stayed. We feel lucky to have seen it.
129. I embrace emerging experience. I participate in discovery. I am a butterfly. I am not a butterfly collector. I want the experience of the butterfly. – William Stafford
130. You’ve gotta be a caterpillar before you are a butterfly. Problem is, most people aren’t willing to be a caterpillar.