We all have our share of ups and downs, good days and bad days, winning and losing moments. We have different ways of coping up from the things that don’t go on our way. Others choose to go clubbing with their friends, while there are those who prefer spending time alone trying to make themselves feel better by watching a movie or eating a pint of ice cream while crying their heart out.
We try to cheer ourselves up because at the end of the day, nobody will care as much as we care for our own selves. There is beauty in acknowledging that life isn’t perfect and it will never be. No matter how much we try to do or say everything perfectly, there will be moments of failure. We shouldn’t be too hard on ourselves, right?
We must thank our true friends and our family because they are always there to cheer us up; sometimes without expecting anything in return. If you have someone who constantly cheers you up when you’re feeling down, keep that person close to you. Likewise, if you see someone you know who’s not feeling very well, cheer them up. We must always be willing to share the love around us and one way to do it is by making someone smile during their troubled moments.
Here is a list of cheer up quotes that will surely inspire you to always spread the love and happiness wherever you go!
Cheer Up Quotes
1. Whoever is trying to bring you down, is already below you.
2. You are awesome! Never forget that.
3. Forget what’s gone, appreciate what remains, and look forward what’s coming next.
4. Remember that sometimes, not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck. – Dalai Lama
5. Being happy doesn’t mean that everything is perfect. It simply means that you’ve decided to look beyond the imperfections of life.
6. The people who are always trying to cheer others up are unhappy themselves.
7. Always remember, you are braver than you believe. Stronger than you seem. Smarter than you think. And twice as beautiful as you’d ever imagined.
8. In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity. – A. Einstein
9. Cheer up, buttercup. Storms don’t last forever.
10. Life is not a waste as long as there is at least one person in the world who cares for you. So when things go wrong and you feel like giving up – remember you’ve got me.
11. Stay positive, work hard, and make it happen.
12. Winners are not people who never fail, but people who never quit.
13. The habits you created to survive will no longer serve you when it’s time to thrive. Get out of survival mode. New habits, new life. – Ebonee Davis
14. Beautiful. Definition: A person who is reading this.
15. You are confined only by the walls you build yourself.
16. You don’t always need a plan. Sometimes you just need to breathe, trust, let go and see what happens.
17. God will not give you a burden you can’t handle. So, if you find yourself in a mess that’s impossible to resolve, take this challenge as a compliment.
18. Sometimes you have to just pick yourself up and carry on.
19. Sometimes the reason good things are not happening to you is because you are the good thing that needs to happen to other people.
20. An original is worth more than a copy, so be yourself!
21. If “Plan A” didn’t work. The alphabet has 25 more letters! Stay cool.
22. Cheer up, tomorrow is another chance.
23. Stars can’t shine without darkness.
24. Life is better when you’re laughing.
25. Two things define you. Your patience when you have nothing, and your attitude when you have everything.
26. For there is no friend like a sister in calm or stormy weather; To cheer one on the tedious way, to fetch one if one goes astray, to lift one if one totters down, to strengthen whilst one stands. – Christina Rossetti
27. After every storm the sun will smile; for every problem, there is a solution, and the soul’s indefeasible duty is to be of good cheer. – William R. Alger
28. The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up. – Mark Twain
29. I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left. – Margaret Thatcher
30. For me, the best thing about winning an award is when the people cheer for your win. When you can see that the people are really happy that you are winning something, that’s the most reward thing in the world. – Busta Rhymes
31. The energy you give off is the energy you receive. I really think that, so I’m always myself – jumping, dancing, singing around, trying to cheer everybody up. – Cara Delevingne
32. If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. – J. R. R. Tolkien
33. If someone decides they’re not going to be happy, it’s not your problem. You don’t have to spend your time and energy trying to cheer up someone who has already decided to stay in a bad mood. Believe it or not, you can actually hurt people by playing into their self-pity. – Joyce Meyer
34. Let us be of cheer, remembering that the misfortunes hardest to bear are those which never come. – Amy Lowell
35. I say to myself that I shall try to make my life like an open fireplace, so that people may be warmed and cheered by it and so go out themselves to warm and cheer. – George Matthew Adams
36. There will be days when I walk in an arena and people will cheer and then there might be days when I walk in an arena and people might boo, but it all sounds the same to me because it’s all just noise that lets me know that I’m relevant. – Drake
37. A poet is a nightingale, who sits in darkness and sings to cheer its own solitude with sweet sounds. – Percy Bysshe Shelley
38. The best of healers is good cheer. – Pindar
39. When I was young, many people didn’t know what figure skating was. Some who knew of it thought of it as dancing on ice. But, as I entered international competitions and got good results, many people got to know more about it and came to cheer for me. – Kim Yuna
40. Thinking about your training should put a smile on your face. As cliche as it sounds, you are worth all the time and energy you’ve put in. Unleash your emotions with a cheer, or even a signature roar, after a tough workout. – Summer Sanders
41. No matter what looms ahead, if you can eat today, enjoy today, mix good cheer with friends today enjoy it and bless God for it. – Henry Ward Beecher
42. At Christmas play and make good cheer, for Christmas comes but once a year. – Thomas Tusser
43. Each age has deemed the new-born year the fittest time for festal cheer. – Walter Scott
44. The time when there is no one there to feel sorry for you or to cheer for you is when a player is made. – Tim Duncan
45. We are very near the end, but have not and will not lose our good cheer. – Robert Falcon Scott
46. Encourage children to write their own stories, and then don’t rain on their parade. Don’t say, ‘That’s not true.’ Applaud flights of fantasy. Help with spelling and grammar, but stand up and cheer the use of imagination. – Gail Carson Levine
47. You throw batting practice, you warm up pitchers, you sit and cheer. You do whatever you have to do to stay on the team. – Bob Uecker
48. Often we can help each other most by leaving each other alone; at other times we need the hand-grasp and the word of cheer. – Elbert Hubbard
49. The best book, like the best speech, will do it all – make us laugh, think, cry and cheer – preferably in that order. – Madeleine Albright
50. When you’re the cash cow that lays the golden goose egg, people are always going to cheer you on, whatever. – Noel Gallagher
51. When I was really little, I was on a Pop Warner squad. I did it for a year. My dad was a Pop Warner football coach. I did it because my best friend was also on this cheer squad, and of course I looked up to my sister who was a cheerleader, so I wanted to cheer. – Ashley Tisdale
52. It’s human nature to be curious about people, and to be more curious about young people than old people. We want to cheer something on at the same time we want to tear it down. That’s just so normal. – Amy Grant
53. With all of the holiday cheer in the air, it’s easy to overlook the ingredients in the foods. Ingredients such as salt, sugar, and fat – all of which leads to diseases such as high blood pressure, diabetes, strokes, heart disease, and cancer. – Lee Haney
54. In the central place of every heart, there is a recording chamber; so long as it receives messages of beauty, hope, cheer and courage, you are young. – Samuel Ullman
55. There is no investment you can make which will pay you so well as the effort to scatter sunshine and good cheer through your establishment. – Orison Swett Marden
56. As athletes, we’re always going to have aches and pains, but when your teammates cheer you on, you don’t think about it. – Simone Biles
57. A boo is a lot louder than a cheer. If you have 10 people cheering and one person booing, all you hear is the booing. – Lance Armstrong
58. Wherever the invitation of men or your own occasions lead you, speak the very truth, as your life and conscience teach it, and cheer the waiting, fainting hearts of men with new hope and new revelation. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
59. The saloon is a liar. It promises good cheer and sends sorrow. – Billy Sunday
60. Every blunder behind us is giving a cheer for us, and only for those who were willing to fail are the dangers and splendors of life. – Carl Sandburg
61. I’ve seen schizophrenics who are so hopeless, you couldn’t cheer them, and their lives are miserable and they end up as suicides. That’s not right. – Jack Kevorkian
62. At the end of the Depression, people were perhaps looking for something to cheer themselves up. They fell in love with a dog and a little girl. It won’t happen again. – Shirley Temple
63. Whenever I’m sad, I just put on ‘SpongeBob’ and I cheer up. – Richard Harmon
64. Wherever I go, people recognize me, call my name, cheer me. – Zlatan Ibrahimovic
65. Runners exalt the marathon as a public test of private will, when months or years of solitary training, early mornings, lost weekends, rain and pain mature into triumph or surrender. That’s one reason the race-day crowds matter, the friends who come to cheer and stomp and flap their signs and push the runners on. – Nancy Gibbs
66. All my life, I’ve been sort of a professional optimist, full of good cheer about matters political and journalistic. I always thought I’d get older and become an unnaturally cheerful old fart. But it’s not happening. – Molly Ivins
67. The man who radiates good cheer, who makes life happier wherever he meets it, is always a man of vision and faith. – Ella Wheeler Wilcox
68. It isn’t those of us who oppose American aggression in the Muslim world who need manipulative, exploitative reminders about 9/11; it’s those who cheer for these policies who are making a follow-up attack ever more likely. – Glenn Greenwald
69. If I need to cheer myself up, I will put on some fabulous ’40s musical on video. But I’m very lucky; I seldom get depressed. Without question, I’m a ‘glass half full’ person. In fact, it’s three-quarters full. – Joan Collins
70. And to me, fame is not a positive thing. The idea of being famous is a lot better than the reality. It’s fantastic when you go to premieres and people cheer you, but it’s not real. And it’s totally not my approach to get my name on a club door just because I can. – Tom Felton
71. The truth is, truly passionate media creators don’t get into the media business to make huge gains from spectacular unicorn exists. When it happens, we certainly all cheer (and perhaps secretly hope it happens to us). But the fact is, we make media because we don’t know what else to do with ourselves. It’s how we’re wired, so to speak. – John Battelle
72. I’ve always fed off negativity and wanting people to hate me. That attitude really fueled me for my entire career. So being a guy that people like and want to cheer for is the weird part. – Dean Ambrose
73. Everyone’s unique; no one’s ever alike. But my son has the same good cheer as my father. He’s capable of making a room happy with a few words. – Jon Voight
74. I kind of cheer the presence of any gay characters at all – I think the more we can saturate television with any gay character or lesbian character or transgender character, I think that’s a really great thing. We’re kind of getting past the fact that they’re the punchline or that they’re the novelty. – Jesse Tyler Ferguson
75. She knows I’m her biggest fan, I cheer for her louder than anybody. – Nick Lachey
76. I played 15 years of hockey, and I got more injured doing two weeks of cheer camp. – Eric Christian Olsen
77. Let us be of good cheer, however, remembering that the misfortunes hardest to bear are those which never come. – James Russell Lowell
78. Chicago fans cheer and boo who they want. They’re great fans whether they like me or not. They show you how they feel. I don’t like crowds that sit on their hands. – John Cena
79. I start phone calls at 4 A.M. to cheer people up. The housebound, people in the hospital. People who, after decades, still can’t get over what happened 10 or 15 years ago. – Richard Simmons
80. The idea that one might use art for ‘instrumental’ reasons tends to set off alarm bells at the heart of the cultural elite, who contend that it’s not a pill, that it shouldn’t be asked to perform some specific function, especially something as egocentric as to ‘cheer you up’ or to ‘make you a more empathetic person. – Alain de Botton
81. People cheer the Bible, buy the Bible, give the Bible, own the Bible – they just don’t actually read the Bible. – John Ortberg
82. People tell me I look mournful. They say, ‘Cheer up, Dan, it’s not that bad!’ Sometimes I just look into space, which freaks people out. If I was ever required to do anything other than look haunted, I could. I’m a happy person. – Daniel Radcliffe
83. Beauty products always cheer me up and give me hope. If it makes you feel pretty, why not? – Salma Hayek
84. Braves fans are one-of-a-kind. Your passion to win comes close to equaling that of the players that go out on the field each and every game. But when the team goes through rough patches, you’re there to encourage and cheer and believe that things will turn around. – Tim Hudson
85. Everybody either hates or loves John Cena; there’s no medium. I feel like that I’ve accomplished something when I get people to cheer for John Cena. I feel like I’ve done something. – A.J. Styles
86. The little kids in the stands are going to give you a good cheer. Sometimes, that overrides the other people. – Patrick Kane
87. People do still cheer for the President. And some of the military audiences are more likely to cheer than others. I have seen him speak lately in front of groups like Freedom House, where the applause was a long time coming. – Gwen Ifill
88. I loved the challenge of being able to take a character who could be thrown away as ‘crazy’ and making her identifiable to the audience – also, to give her a vulnerability that people would cheer for. – Katee Sackhoff
89. I’ve got a lot of dreams I want to achieve, and I hope someone can cheer me on as I’ll cheer them on in their dreams. – Hunter Hayes
90. If you really love something set it free. If it comes back it’s yours, if not it wasn’t meant to be.
91. Cheer up when the night comes, because mornings always give you another chance.
92. There was no more meaningless phrase in all of language than “Cheer up!” The only way to get someone to cheer up was to help them forget, and saying “cheer up” had quite the opposite effect, only reminding the person why he or she was depressed in the first place. – Kōji Suzuki,
93. There are many things evil people can take from you. However, they can never steal your ability to laugh and laugh loud. – Shannon L. Alder
94. That’s what you did when someone was having a hard time. You fed them. It was a tradition that crossed all cultures. – Nichole Chase,
95. That’s what you did when someone was having a hard time. You fed them. It was a tradition that crossed all cultures. – Nichole Chase,
96. There is always someone better off than you, and there is always someone worse off than you. – C.L. Hall
97. How could you be sad, when you can sing? – Lailah Gifty Akita
98. Someday, everything will make perfect sense. So for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason.
99. Chin up princess, or the crown slips.
100. God gave you this life because He knows that you’re strong enough to live it. Don’t give up.
101. Cheer up, sweet, beautiful girl. You are going to be in love again and it will be magnificent.
102. Practice like you’ve never won. Perform like you’ve never lost.
103. When everything feels like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top.
104. Some days you just have to create your own sunshine.
105. I usually don’t find myself reacting to my characters. I just create them. And let the audience decide whether they’re empathetic or scared or compelled to cheer me on. – Doug Hutchison
106. We cheer everyone who goes off to Hollywood and tells American stories but telling Australian stories is the greatest thing you can do. – Yahoo Serious
107. When children have grieving parents it’s also common for them to feel an obligation to cheer them up and make them happy. – Simon Callow
108. I find it kind of disturbing when people cheer when someone just gets stabbed brutally. – Rick Baker
109. Sometimes going in for a hard tackle generates a louder cheer than a great pass. – Alan Shearer
110. I’ve got a bunch of books. I rely on funny books and movies to cheer me up. Oh, but I must say, I do have the world’s most perfect husband, so a cuddle from him always cheers me up. He’s a good guy. – Wendi McLendon-Covey
111. After every storm the sun will smile; for every problem, there is a solution, and the soul’s indefeasible duty is to be of good cheer.
112. No one is in control of your happiness but you; therefore, you have the power to change anything about yourself or your life that you want to change
113. Life is too short for us to dwell on sadness. Cheer up and live life to the fullest.
114. People will always throw stones in your path. What will happen depends on what you make out of it – a wall or a bridge! So cheer up and move on.
115. Life is not a problem to be solved but a gift to be enjoyed. Make the best of this day.
116. God will not give you a burden you can’t handle. So, if you find yourself in a mess that’s impossible, take it as a compliment – god thinks you can do it!
117. When we suffer a loss, a breakup, a painful change in our lives, we need to remember to take all the time we need to heal emotionally. Moving forward and getting back on track with our lives don’t take a day. It takes a lot of small steps to allow us to break free from our broken self and move on.
118. It’s always hard to move on after the break-up with someone who really meant something to you because it’s hard to find a way out of the memories and feelings, but remember if you can’t find your way out just turn back because in love, you can always exit where you entered.
119. Once they move, they’re gone. Once you move, life starts over again.
120. He’s going to be sorry he lost you, stop worrying. Forget the past, forget the pain and remember what an incredible girl you are.
121. My entire life can be described in one sentence; it didn’t go as planned and that’s ok.
122. No relationship is ever a waste of time. If it didn’t bring you what you want, it taught you what you don’t want.
123. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up, show up, and never give up.