Dancing, whether your moves are done perfectly or you just want to go crazy, has so many great benefits to offer. Some of these benefits include physical fitness, mental clarity, and emotional stability. Although these things can also be attained in many other ways, dancing offers a unique and special connection to our inner selves. You probably danced to the beat of the music yourself so you should know how dancing can lift both your heart-rate and spirits. Now you may ask, what exactly is the reason why we dance?
There are a couple of logical reasons we could think of. It’s because dancing allows us to express ourselves when words aren’t enough. We feel a sense of freedom when we move our body, hands, and feet in all directions. Dancing gives us peacefulness, joy, determination, and passion. It lets people know who we are and what we want to be. Dancing also brings us back to the past. It makes us feel young again both in mind and body.
We know you’re a dancer too that’s why you’re here! We hope you find the perfect dance quotes from this long list we have prepared for you. May you keep on dancing not only to the beat of the music but to the beat of life too!
1. Come Fairies, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame. – William Butler Yeats
2. The world is full of poetry. The air is living with its spirit; and the waves dance to the music of its melodies, and sparkle in its brightness. – James Gates Percival
3. The best thing about being a DJ is making people happy. There is nothing like seeing people get up from a table to dance or the expression on their face when they hear a song they love. I also love to educate people on music they have never heard. – Chelsea Leyland
4. Years of drought and famine come and years of flood and famine come, and the climate is not changed with dance, libation or prayer. – John Wesley Powell
5. What’s the most fetching thing that provokes people? A volcano? Fountains that dance? A pirate ship that sinks? Some other animated device or presentation? Is that as strong as mystery? Allure, intrigue, is much more powerful. It taunts you. – Steve Wynn
6. When I design a wedding dress with a bustle, it has to be one the bride can dance in. I love the idea that something is practical and still looks great. – Vera Wang
7. Dance has always been the center of who I am. It has given me the inspiration to help other people find a hobby, passion, and activity that fulfills them. It also taught me some of the many skills I need as an entrepreneur: a hard work ethic that takes practice to master and the confidence to persevere through any challenges. – Payal Kadakia
8. Not many skeletons left in my closet because I invite them to dance all over the front room. – John Schneider
9. From the beginning I thought about working with the body in movement, the space between the body and clothes. I wanted the clothes to move when people moved. The clothes are also for people to dance or laugh. – Issey Miyake
10. Prayer does not use up artificial energy, doesn’t burn up any fossil fuel, doesn’t pollute. Neither does song, neither does love, neither does the dance. – Margaret Mead
11. Dancing – that’s really what I do at parties. I dance and I hang out with friends. That’s my partying. – Rebecca Black
12. Life is like dancing. If we have a big floor, many people will dance. Some will get angry when the rhythm changes. But life is changing all the time. – Don Miguel Ruiz
13. The dance is a poem of which each movement is a word. – Mata Hari
14. Poetry is an echo, asking a shadow to dance. – Carl Sandburg
15. When I have bad days, I just eat lots of chocolate ice cream and dance to the ‘Lion King’ soundtrack. It’s really odd, but it’s true. – Blake Lively
16. He who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance; one cannot fly into flying. – Friedrich Nietzsche
17. Work like you don’t need the money. Love like you’ve never been hurt. Dance like nobody’s watching. – Satchel Paige
18. Let your life lightly dance on the edges of Time like dew on the tip of a leaf. – Rabindranath Tagore
19. Dance is the hidden language of the soul of the body. – Martha Graham
20. But let there be spaces in your togetherness and let the winds of the heavens dance between you. Love one another but make not a bond of love: let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls. – Khalil Gibran
21. When you dance, your purpose is not to get to a certain place on the floor. It’s to enjoy each step along the way. – Wayne Dyer
22. When I dance, I forget everything else and just feel completely happy. – Katherine Jenkins
23. The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance. – Alan Watts
24. Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we’re here we should dance.
25. Dancers have a very hard job. We must take our ugly, callused, blistered, and bruised feet and present them in a way so that they are mistaken as the most beautiful things on Earth.
26. Dancing with the feet is one thing, but dancing with the heart is another.
27. You’ve gotta dance like there’s nobody watching, love like you’ll never be hurt,
28. Sing like there’s nobody listening, and live like it’s heaven on earth.
29. If you stumble, make it part of the dance.
30. When you feel sad, dance.
31. Why be moody, when you can shake your booty.
32. Practice like you’ve never won. Perform like you’ve never lost.
33. You know you’re a dancer when “and” becomes a number.
34. Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass but learning to dance in the rain.
35. Dance enables you to find yourself and lose yourself at the same time.
36. Never give a sword to a man who can’t dance. – Confucius
37. The thing to do, it seems to me, is to prepare yourself so you can be a rainbow in somebody else’s cloud. Somebody who may not look like you. May not call God the same name you call God – if they call God at all. I may not dance your dances or speak your language. But be a blessing to somebody. That’s what I think. – Maya Angelou
38. The one thing that you have that nobody else has is you. Your voice, your mind, your story, your vision. So write and draw and build and play and dance and live as only you can. – Neil Gaiman
39. Opportunity dances with those already on the dance floor. – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
40. March is a month without mercy for rabid basketball fans. There is no such thing as a ‘gentleman gambler’ when the Big Dance rolls around. All sheep will be fleeced, all fools will be punished severely. There are no Rules when the deal goes down in the final weeks of March. Even your good friends will turn into monsters. – Hunter S. Thompson
41. The dance can reveal everything mysterious that is hidden in music, and it has the additional merit of being human and palpable. Dancing is poetry with arms and legs. – Charles Baudelaire
42. To dance is to be out of yourself. Larger, more beautiful, more powerful. This is power, it is glory on earth and it is yours for the taking. – Agnes de Mille
43. You must understand the whole of life, not just one little part of it. That is why you must read, that is why you must look at the skies, that is why you must sing and dance, and write poems and suffer and understand, for all that is life. – Jiddu Krishnamurti
44. If you believe that your best years are behind you, you’ve guaranteed they are; I’m going to dance into that good night, with the oldies turned up loud. – Gina Barreca
45. Music is an expression of individuality; it’s how you see the world. All art is, for that matter. You take how you experience the world, interpret it, and send it out there – express it – whether it’s sculpture, dance or singing. – David Sanborn
46. Dare, dream, dance, smile, and sing loudly! And have faith that love is an unstoppable force. – Suzanne Brockmann
47. Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance. – Khalil Gibran
48. The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses – behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights. – Muhammad Ali
49. I’m attracted to soccer’s capacity for beauty. When well played, the game is a dance with a ball. – Eduardo Galeano
50. Dance is for everybody. I believe that the dance came from the people and that it should always be delivered back to the people. – Alvin Ailey
51. Our feet are planted in the real world, but we dance with angels and ghosts. – John Cameron Mitchell
52. When a body moves, it’s the most revealing thing. Dance for me a minute, and I’ll tell you who you are. – Mikhail Baryshnikov
53. Nature is so powerful, so strong. Capturing its essence is not easy – your work becomes a dance with light and the weather. It takes you to a place within yourself. – Annie Leibovitz
54. Arts education is a big part of building a 21st century creative mind, and I think that we have let way too many kids lose their way by not drawing in their young minds with music, dance, painting and the other various ways we can express those things we do not have words for. – Heather Watts
55. If you want to release your aggression, get up and dance. That’s what rock and roll is all about. – Chuck Berry
56. Nobody cares if you can’t dance well. Just get up and dance. – Dave Barry
57. Every time I dance, I’m trying to prove myself to myself. – Misty Copeland
58. You live as long as you dance. – Rudolf Nureyev
59. I’m a DJ who makes dance music who got to play with Sting. – Afrojack
60. I enjoy every climb – maybe it’s because it’s a literal dance between life and death. – Alain Robert
61. Music is my life. I love doing it, so I just do it nonstop all day. And with dancing, I wanted to put on a show for people. I don’t want to just be sitting there doing nothing, so that’s when I started to dance. – Austin Mahone
62. We learn by practice. Whether it means to learn to dance by practicing dancing or to learn to live by practicing living, the principles are the same. One becomes in some area an athlete of God. – Martha Graham
63. The reason that you dance and sing is to make the audience feel like they’re dancing and singing. As long as you’re having fun with it and giving it 100 percent, they’re gonna feel that. – Heath Ledger
64. Every dance is a kind of fever chart, a graph of the heart. – Martha Graham
65. I try to dress classy and dance cheesy. – Psy
66. I do not try to dance better than anyone else. I only try to dance better than myself. – Mikhail Baryshnikov
67. I found that dance, music, and literature is how I made sense of the world it pushed me to think of things bigger than life’s daily routines to think beyond what is immediate or convenient. – Mikhail Baryshnikov
68. I’d rather learn from one bird how to sing than teach 10,000 stars how not to dance. – E. E. Cummings
69. Jazz in the 1920s and ’30s was dance music, teenage music for parties, for being wild and young. There’s this punk feeling I really love. It was something so radical and different and new and not codified. People didn’t have a definition of what they were doing. – Cecile McLorin Salvant
70. If you cannot get rid of the family skeleton, you may as well make it dance. – George Bernard Shaw
71. Dance music is an emotional journey. It’s how well you can make people feel something that they haven’t felt. – Steve Aoki
72. There are two ways of being creative. One can sing and dance. Or one can create an environment in which singers and dancers flourish. – Warren Bennis
73. String theory has the potential to show that all of the wondrous happenings in the universe – from the frantic dance of subatomic quarks to the stately waltz of orbiting binary stars; from the primordial fireball of the big bang to the majestic swirl of heavenly galaxies – are reflections of one, grand physical principle, one master equation. – Brian Greene
74. We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the secret sits in the middle and knows. – Robert Frost
75. I dance to the beat of a different drummer. – RuPaul
76. I can’t wait to be back on the dance floor. I feel really good about it. – Paula Abdul
77. Bono told me how to dance in high heels and he also told me about U2’s Glastonbury performance and how everything that could have possibly gone wrong went wrong, including him ripping his trousers on stage. I think he was lunging and his trousers ripped! He was telling me how he had to find a new way of performing that didn’t involve moving. – Florence Welch
78. My debut album, ‘Forget the World,’ is all about not listening to the negativity around you and to continue to do what you love, no matter what people think. I love what I do. Dance music is my passion, my life. There is no greater feeling than being one with my fans, partying to the music we love. – Afrojack
79. People strangely revere dance. They see it as another world, and dancers are somehow mysterious – just because they don’t speak. – Matthew Bourne
80. Let us keep the dance of rain our fathers kept and tread our dreams beneath the jungle sky. – Arna Bontemps
81. I just like to hop up on the dance floor and do my thing. – Kyle Massey
82. It’s definitely important to have your mom and family there to back you up and cheering from the stands. You’d love them to come to every big dance and every big game, but sometimes that’s not possible. – Gabby Douglas
83. Think of the magic of that foot, comparatively small, upon which your whole weight rests. It’s a miracle, and the dance is a celebration of that miracle. – Martha Graham
84. The moment in between what you once were, and who you are now becoming, is where the dance of life really takes place. – Barbara De Angelis
85. I say over and over again that I am just standing on the shoulders of so many who have set this path for me, and they may not be seen or recognized or have been given an opportunity to have a voice, but I’m here representing all of those dancers. Dance Theatre of Harlem Virginia Johnson, Tai Jimenez, Lauren Anderson. – Misty Copeland
86. Opera is the most complete art form. It includes drama, acting, technology (lighting), art (the sets), dance, and the epitome of the human voices. But mostly, go for the glorious music. The arts are crucial to the life of every community. – Karen DeCrow
87. The music is at this weird intersection of dance music and indie music. It’s not quite dancey enough to do a full-blown DJ set, and it wasn’t quite rock enough for a rock band. But I guess it’s what makes us unique – drawing from a lot of different influences. – Washed Out
88. I’m definitely influenced by the music. We dance to music, and you have to listen to it and phrase your dancing and movement in a certain way to compliment the music. We have to work hand in hand, the dancer, and the music. – Misty Copeland
89. Sure, the first light snowfall may be a chance to dance giddily, leaving squeaky footprints through the neighborhood, marking the runner’s right to the domain. But later drubbings of snow merely complicate running. Snow turns to ice, to slush, to ice again. Tire ruts twist ankles. New snow hides the hazards. – Don Kardong
90. The hype man’s job is to get everybody out of their seats and on the dance floor to have a good time. – Flavor Flav
91. Trance is a very emotional and uplifting form of dance music. It appeals to many people in this way having such a strong connection with emotions. It makes people happy and ready to party. – Tiesto
92. What we want from modern dance is courage and audacity. – Twyla Tharp
93. My job in this life is to give people spiritual ecstasy through music. In my concerts, people cry, laugh, dance. If they climaxed spiritually, I did my job. I did it decently and honestly. – Carlos Santana
94. Every day that is born into the world comes like a burst of music and rings the whole day through, and you make of it a dance, a dirge, or a life march, as you will. – Thomas Carlyle
95. I think I can beat Usher on the dance floor. – Chris Brown
96. Dance music is my love, is my passion, is my life. I live for my fans and take my art very seriously. – Steve Aoki
97. Disco music in the ’70s was just a call to go wild and party and dance with no thought or conscience or regard for tomorrow. – Martha Reeves
98. In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance. – Louise Brooks
99. Girls love guys who dance, and I’m definitely going to be the first one on the dance floor. Usually, you just see guys sitting around, but I definitely don’t hold back when it comes to dancing. – Jacob Artist
100. The Haisla named this point Obela. Not so long ago, the bay was lined with longhouses and canoes, totem poles and fishing gear. The reserve was once a winter village, a place to celebrate the sacred season, when memories passed in dance and song and stories from one generation to the next with great feasts called potlatches. – Eden Robinson
101. I think my first experience of art, or the joy in making art, was playing the horn at some high-school dance or bar mitzvah or wedding, looking at a roomful of people moving their bodies around in time to what I was doing. There was a piano player, a bass player, a drummer, and my breath making the melody. – Robert Pinsky
102. Some people buy records just to dance to ’em. Some people buy records to listen to the radio. And there are people that buy records ’cause they listen to every song. – DMX
103. An action choreographer is kind of like a dance choreographer. You choreograph the moves and you let the director, cinematographer take into positioning their cameras. – Donnie Yen
104. I performed in public for the first time at three years old. I remember it like it was yesterday. It was on a big stage. There were probably three or four hundred people in the audience. We were doing this dance, this Kermit the Frog routine, all of us in our little green leotards. – Jaime Pressly
105. My mother-in-law said, ‘One day I will dance on your grave.’ I said ‘I hope you do; I will be buried at sea.’ – Les Dawson
106. The gym was my only refuge. I could put music on and dance around with my girlfriends and be silly. – Khloe Kardashian
107. For me, writing a novel is like solving a puzzle. But I don’t intend my novels as puzzles. I intend them as invitations to dance. – Mohsin Hamid
108. The eternal and uneasy relationship between ballet and modern dance endures, but radically altered in tone and intensity. – Robert Gottlieb
109. Hip-hop culture is probably one of the most powerful things to come out of America in a long time – everything from the music to the art to the dance to the language. – Will.I.Am
110. I praise the dance, for it frees people from the heaviness of matter and binds the isolated to community. I praise the dance, which demands everything: health and a clear spirit and a buoyant soul. Dance is a transformation of space, of time, of people, who are in constant danger of becoming all brain, will, or feeling. Dancing demands a whole person, one who is firmly anchored in the center of his life, who is not obsessed by lust for people and things and the demon of isolation in his own ego. Dancing demands a freed person, one who vibrates with the equipoise of all his powers. I praise the dance. O man, learn to dance, or else the angels in heaven will not know what to do with you.
111. Without dance, I can’t feel my soul, hear my heart, or see my dreams.
112. When in doubt, dance it out.
113. Socrates learned to dance when he was 70 because he felt that an essential part of himself had been neglected.