A father’s role in his son’s life is as equally important as his influence on his daughter’s. As a father, the kind of relationship you have with your daughter will leave a long-lasting effect on her future endeavors in life. It will help shape her as a strong and confident woman, ready to face all of life’s challenges head-on. As a father you cannot just watch your daughter grow, you have to grow along with her. Share life lessons that you may have learned the hard way but which helped you approached life stronger and wiser.
A father-daughter relationship must be built on integrity and honesty as well. There are a lot of things that only a father can teach his daughter such as teaching her to own her shortcomings. This will help her make realistic expectations and deal with the world as it is. Once your daughter sees you as a great example, she will seek to be like you. Spending quality time such as going out for a dinner, watching a movie or a baseball game are some of the great ways to bond with your daughter. These moments are priceless. It allows you to get to know each other and have a deeper and meaningful relationship.
We want to bring you and your daughter even closer and that is why we’re giving you these really cute and sweet father-daughter quotes. We hope these quotes help your relationship get stronger as the years go by and serve as a reminder of the special bond you have shared together.
Father Daughter Quotes
1. How do you ever know for certain that you are doing the right thing? There is pride, too, though pride that he has done it alone. That his daughter is so curious, so resilient. There is the humility of being a father to someone so powerful, as if he were only a narrow conduit for another, greater thing. That’s how it feels right now, he thinks, kneeling beside her, rinsing her hair: as though his love for his daughter will outstrip the limits of his body. The walls could fall away, even the whole city, and the brightness of that feeling would not wane. – Anthony Doerr
2. Always be a kind of dads who can kill for their daughters.
3. A father can be really strict with sons. But with a daughter, he is a high-class hostage.
4. All fathers are proud of their daughters flying out like a free bird, going forth and pursuing their dreams.
5. Fathers dreams are in his daughter’s eyes.
6. I`m proud to say, that I`m daddy`s girl! Thank you for being an exceptional father.
7. Daughter, we didn’t need your note – or a prince’s visit – to tell us you’d done nothing wrong. We know the daughter we raised. We fear for your future, but never for your character. You take our love and our trust wherever you wander. Father. – Gail Carson Levine
8. Do you think it’s admirable to take your son fishing with you? Then you don’t know how wonderful it can be to take your daughter shopping.
9. When fathers struggle with being authentic, they leave muddy footprints on little girls’ hearts. – Tina Samples
10. Balt Van Tassel was an easy indulgent soul; he loved his daughter better even than his pipe and like a reasonable man, and an excellent father, let her have her way in everything. – Washington Irving
11. Warm hugs from a daughter are like aspirin for fathers.
12. When a father gives his daughter an emotional visa to strike out on her own, he is always with her. Such a daughter has her encouraging, understanding daddy in her head, cheering her on; not simply as a woman but as a whole, unique human being with unlimited possibilities. – Victoria Secunda
13. ‘What does it feel like to have a girl?’ said the man, chewing. Her father wiped his mouth with his napkin, tilted his head to one side and said smiling, ‘Sometimes it feels like I have a warm egg in my hand. Sometimes, nothing, total memory loss. Occasionally it feels like I have a girl of my own, really mine.’ – Clarice Lispector
14. Every father decides what man his daughter marries: not ordering, but showing an example.
15. Ordinary father-daughter love had a charge to it that generally was both permitted and indulged. There was just something so beautiful about the big father complementing the tiny girl. Bigness and tininess together at last, yet the bigness would never hurt the tininess. It respected it. In a world in which big always crushes tiny, you wanted to cry at the beauty of big being kind of and worshipful of and being humbled by tiny. You couldn’t help but think of your own father as you saw your little girl with hers. – Meg Wolitzer
16. All fathers are teachers of the life: they teach their daughters what they can expect from men.
17. A man’s daughter is his heart. Just with feet, walking out in the world. – Mat Johnson
18. All daughters believe that their fathers are powerful. When they grow up, their hypothesis doesn`t change.
19. He had been searching for it his entire life. He had devoted himself to poetry to find it. Now, in the middle of his life, he found it. It was in the face of the love of his life, his daughter. She who had never blushed before, now blushed. And in that blushing, he knew, was the existence of God. That was the day her father learned what God was. God was pure beauty, God was his daughter’s face when she blushed. – Roman Payne
20. A father is a man who will always believe and support you. Your daughter is a woman who will always follow your advice.
21. All daughters always remember their fathers even when they have their own husbands and sons.
22. He was a loving father, but he did his loving in private. Quietly, he would tell his daughter to drive safely. On her wedding day, when he walked her down the aisle, he’d whisper the words to her. But today, above the noise, he would have to shout it. – Debra Anastasia
23. If you don’t want your daughter to settle for less, be not only an ideal father but also an ideal husband.
24. Fathers, cherish the time you spend with your children. Daughters, appreciate the efforts your parents spend on you.
25. It was common for my father to sit my sisters down and tell them things like, ‘I saw a girl working in the bank in town, and she was a girl just like you.’ My parents had never completed primary school. They couldn’t speak English or even read that well. My parents only knew the language of numbers, buying and selling, but they wanted more for their kids. That’s why my father had scraped the money together and kept Annie in school, despite the famine and other troubles. – William Kamkwamba
26. The best thing that a father can give to his daughter is his time.
27. If you want to make your daughter happy, love her mother as well as you love her.
28. Not only a father is an example for a daughter, but a daughter is a great inspiration for a father.
29. Fathers can seem powerful and overwhelming to their daughters. Let her see your soft side. Express your feelings and reactions. Tell her where you came from and how you got there. Let her see that you have had fears, failures, anxious times, hurts, just like hers, even though you may look flawless to her. – Stella Chess
30. Every father has to remember that he is at least one man who will never hurt a daughter.
31. All fathers should always be near their daughters when they need. In the other case, unworthy man can appear in their life.
32. It was like we were exchanging codes, on how to be a father and a daughter, like we’d read about it in a manual, translated from another language, and we’re doing our best with what we could understand. – Aimee Bender
33. Each daughter should know: when you don’t need your father’s hand, he needs your back.
34. A father is a real magician: he can turn his little daughter into a woman and make an adult daughter feel like a small girl.
35. All fathers are in pain where their little girls grow up.
36. A good father is always standing behind his daughter’ s back.
37. We drove on in silence, Dad shaking his head in disgust every few minutes. I stared at him, wondering how it was we got to this place. How the same man who held his infant daughter and kissed her tiny face could one day be so determined to shut her out of his life, out of his heart. How even when she reached out to him in distress. Please, Dad, come get me, come save me, all he could do was accuse her. How that same daughter could look at him and feel nothing but contempt and blame and resentment, because that’s all that radiated off of him for so many years and it had become contagious. – Jennifer Brown
38. Every father secretly hates the fact that his daughter grows up.
39. The smile of a daughter is a purpose of every father.
40. Only father can teach his daughter to value herself. He has to tell her constantly how precious he is for him.
41. To a father growing old nothing is dearer than a daughter. – Euripides
42. If a father doesn’t take his daughter’s achievements and goals seriously, she has problems with taking herself seriously.
43. A wedding is only for daughters and fathers, not for brides and grooms. It’s the day when daddy`s little girl becomes a woman and leaves his house.
44. All fathers are afraid of the day when he will have to give his daughter’s hand to another man.
45. Fathers, be good to your daughters. You are the god and the weight of her world. – John Mayer
46. Not only fathers change their daughters, but daughters have a really great influence on their fathers.
47. A man has a chance to have the sun that never shades: to give birth to a daughter.
48. They say that from the instant he lays eyes on her, a father adores his daughter. Whoever she grows up to be, she is always to him that little girl in pigtails. She makes him feel like Christmas. In exchange, he makes a secret promise not to see the awkwardness of her teenage years, the mistakes she makes or the secrets she keeps.
49. Fathers should not be stiff and unapproachable when they are with their daughters. Fathers should be soft and gentle; they don’t have to be afraid of demonstrating feelings. Only then their daughters will become real women.
50. You have to be a reliable and predictable, loving and available father for your daughter if you want your daughter to have a happy childhood.
51. The death is the only thing which can come between a father and a daughter.
52. The laugh of a daughter is a favorite symphony of a father.
53. The father of a daughter is nothing but a high-class hostage. A father turns a stony face to his sons, berates them, shakes his antlers, paws the ground, snorts, runs them off into the underbrush, but when his daughter puts her arm over his shoulder and says, ‘Daddy, I need to ask you something,’ he is a pat of butter in a hot frying pan. – Garrison Keillor
54. Big fathers, complementing their tiny daughters, are so beautiful.
55. A rare man is able to resist the kisses and hugs of his little daughter.
56. If a man has a daughter, he will adore her every day of his and her life.
57. There will come a time, and your daughter will thank you for being her hero, driver, financial support, mentor friend, guardian and for being a real father.
58. I may neither choose who I would, nor refuse who I dislike; so is the will of a living daughter curbed by the will of a dead father. – William Shakespeare
59. A father is always making his baby into a little woman. And when she is a woman he turns her back again.
60. A father should be his son’s first hero, and his daughters first love.
61. There’s something like a line of gold thread running through a man’s words when he talks to his daughter, and gradually over the years it gets to be long enough for you to pick up in your hands and weave into a cloth that feels like love itself. – John Gregory Brown
62. Little daughters are the only people able to soften the hearts of strong men.
63. I am a daughter of a real king, which cannot rule the world only because he is very busy with me.
64. I don’t need a king to become queen. It’s enough to be born from the king.
65. Perhaps, I`ll never get married. Do you know why? There are no men like you, daddy.
66. A good father will really go mad without his little girl.
67. All father`s problems have a very simple solution: it’s the happiness of his daughter.
68. The thing to remember about fathers is, they’re men. A girl has to keep it in mind: They are dragon seekers, bent on improbable rescues. Scratch any father, you find someone chock-full of qualms and romantic terrors, believing change is a threat, like your first shoes with heels on, like your first bicycle it took such months to get. – Phyllis McGinley
69. When a daughter is born, an ordinary life of a man turns into an extraordinary life of a father.
70. If a father can learn something from his daughter, he was a good father when teaching her.
71. I am not ashamed to say that no man I ever met was my father’s equal, and I never loved any other man as much. – Hedy Lamarr
72. If you want your daughter to have only the best, you have to become the best father in the world.
73. Your daughter might outgrow your lap one day soon, but she will never outgrow your heart.
74. Certain is it that there is no kind of affection so purely angelic as of a father to a daughter. In love to our wives there is desire; to our sons, ambition; but to our daughters, there is something which there are no words to express. – Joseph Addison
75. A father is available to help his daughter balance both her love and her anger toward her mother, to moderate the inevitable emotional extremes in the intense mother-daughter equation. With Daddy’s steadying influence daughters can learn to be comfortable with healthy anger, rather than feeling that they must be eternal good girls who must at all costs conceal it. – Victoria Secunda
76. I took my daughter to the father-daughter dance and I cried like a little baby. She’s eleven years old, so seeing her get dressed up and pretty made me cry. – Kevin Hart
77. The reason why daughters love their Dad the most is, that there is at least one man in the world who will never hurt her.
78. When my father didn’t have my hand, he had my back. – Linda Poindexter
79. One of the greatest things about daughters is how they adored you when they were little; how they rushed into your arms with electric delight and demanded that you watch everything they do and listen to everything they say. Those memories will help you through less joyous times when their adoration is replaced by embarrassment or annoyance and they don’t want you to see what they are doing or hear what they are saying. And yet, you will adore your daughter every day of her life, hoping to be valued again, but realizing how fortunate you were even if you only get what you already got. – Michael Josephson
80. Having a daughter makes you see things in a different way. This is my only girl. So I don’t care what it takes to protect her. You can call it what you want to call it. As long as you treat her the same way I treat her, like my princess, I don’t mind. – Tracy Morgan
81. A father knows exactly what those boys at the mall have in their depraved little minds because he once owned such a depraved little mind himself. In fact, if he thinks enough about the plans that he used to have for young girls, the father not only will support his wife in keeping their daughter home but he might even run over to the mall and have a few of those boys arrested. – Bill Cosby
82. It was my father who taught me to value myself. He told me that I was uncommonly beautiful and that I was the most precious thing in his life. – Dawn French
83. I have never been a material girl. My father always told me never to love anything that cannot love you back. – Imelda Marcos
84. Fathers are still considered the most important ‘doers’ in our culture, and in most families, they are that. Girls see them as the family authorities on careers, and so fathers’ encouragement and counsel is important to them. When fathers don’t take their daughters’ achievements and plans seriously, girls sometimes have trouble taking themselves seriously. – Stella Chess
85. I love being a girl because I’m my Daddy’s little girl and that rocks.
86. Many a man wishes he were strong enough to tear a telephone book in half, especially if he has a teenage daughter. – Guy Lombardo
87. Any astronomer can predict with absolute accuracy just where every star in the universe will be at 11.30 tonight. He can make no such prediction about his teenage daughter. – James T. Adams
88. A daughter needs a loving, available, predictable father or father figure who can be counted on, whether divorced or at home. She needs his best paternal intentions, even if his efforts occasionally fall short. She needs his maturity and limit setting and sexual oppositeness, so that she can function with confidence in the wider world of adult love and work. – Victoria Secunda
89. Hopefully, we were all daddy’s little girl. He was and hopefully still is wrapped around our little finger. Not to take advantage of more just for the comfort of knowing he is there. – Violette DeSantis
90. Being a daddy’s girl is like having permanent armor for the rest of your life. – Marinela Reka
91. A daughter needs a dad to be the standard against which she will judge all men.
92. One of the greatest gifts I’ve ever gotten came from God. I call him daddy.
93. Some people don’t believe in heroes. But they haven’t met my Dad.
94. He opened the jar of pickles when no one else could. He was the only one in the house who wasn’t afraid to go into the basement by himself. He cut himself shaving, but no one kissed it or got excited about it. It was understood when it rained, he got the car and brought it around to the door. When anyone was sick, he went out to get the prescription filled. He took lots of picture, but he was never in them. – Erma Bombeck
95. A father is neither an anchor to hold us back, nor a sail to take us to our destination. He is a guiding light to help lead the way for us.
96. Rules for dating my daughter: get a job, understand I don’t like you, I’m everywhere, you hurt her, I hurt you, be home 30 minutes early, get a lawyer, if you lie to me I will find out, she’s my princess, not your conquest, I don’t mind going back to jail, and whatever you do to her, I will do to you.
97. Fathers, be your daughter’s first love. Open doors for her, pull her seat out, talk and treat her with the utmost respect. Set expectations on how a man should treat a lady, and she’ll never settle for less.
98. Daddy, you may be giving me away today, but I will always be your little girl. Never forget I loved you first.
99. Walk with me, Daddy. Walk alongside me, Daddy and hold my little hand. I have so many things to learn that I don’t yet understand. Teach me things to keep me safe from dangers every day. Show me how to do my best at home, at school, at play. Every child needs a gentle hand to guide them as they grow. So walk alongside me, Daddy. We have a long way to go.
100. Guns don’t kill people. Dads with pretty daughters do.
101. I may seem quiet and reserved but if you mess with my daughter I will break out a level of crazy that will make your nightmares seem like a happy place.
102. Mess with me I will fight back. Mess with my daughter and they’ll never find your body.
103. There may come a day that I won’t be able to help you. But the day will never come that I won’t try.
104. My Dad. My father is a man like no other. He gave me life, nurtured me, taught me, dressed me, fought for me, held me, shouted at me, kissed me, but most importantly he loved me unconditionally. There are not enough words I can say to describe just how important my father was to me, and what a powerful influence he continues to be. I love you, Dad.
105. When my daughter says ‘Daddy I need you!’ I wonder if she has any idea that I need her billion times more. – Stanley Behrman
106. You gave me the best gift anyone could give another person: you were the best father of my dreams. Now I want to be the daughter of your dreams. It will be my present for you.
107. A wedding is for daughters and fathers. The mothers all dress up, trying to look like young women. But a wedding is for a father and daughter. They stop being married to each other on that day. – Sarah Ruhl
108. Dear daddy, you taught me everything I know. I’m grateful to God for being your daughter.
109. I had a daddy, didn’t I? He wasn’t perfect and he certainly wasn’t the one I’d dreamed he would have been, but I had one all the same. And I’d love him as much as I’d hated him, hadn’t I? All that distance, all that time wasted, but the fact that he’d inspired such passion in me meant something in itself. I can honestly say now that I think that’s special. Screwed up and turned inside out, we were special him and me, and I am so thankful that I can say that I had a daddy and that he mattered. All his faults and failures mean nothing to me now. – Melodie Ramone
110. If you want your daughter to be great, you have to be even a greater father for her.
111. Fathers and daughters have a special bond. She is always daddy’s little girl. – Richard L. Ratliff
112. A father is a model for a small daughter. When she grows up, she looks for a boyfriend similar to her father.
113. It’s rare to see a man step up and say “I can be a great father and learn about gymnastics with my daughter and take her to dance lessons because I love her.” I can make time to blow bubbles on the back porch. It doesn’t cause your man card to be revoked. – Dan Alatorre
114. Each father has to treat his daughters as if she were a real princess. Only, in this case, she will become a real queen.