You may have heard about the importance of having goals in life. When you have a goal, you will be able to structure your plan accordingly and you will know how you’re going to work for it. Your goals will constantly remind you of what you need to accomplish even when there are times you feel weary and doubtful about your own capabilities. Having a goal represents your inner desire and it leads you back to the right path whenever you feel lost and unsure about your next steps. Our life starts to have a purpose once we set goals not only for ourselves but for the people around us as well.
The most common mistake a lot of us make is being afraid to set big and extraordinary goals for ourselves. There’s nothing wrong with having big dreams! Nothing is impossible if you work hard for it. It’s easy to feel discouraged whenever you’re going through a difficult challenge, but you must always remember that rewards are best enjoyed when you know you gave everything you’ve got to achieve them. If you’re currently looking unto hitting smaller milestones, nothing is wrong with that too! Small but accurate steps are sometimes easier to achieve in just a short period of time.
If you don’t have a goal yet, today is the right time to make one for yourself. Use these goal quotes that we compiled as an inspiration and start working on your dreams. Stay focused and keep moving toward your goals!
1. The harder you work for something, the greater you’ll feel when you achieve it.
2. Believe in yourself, push your limits, experience life, conquer your goals and be happy.
3. Believe in what you want so much that it has no choice but to materialize.
4. A dream written down with a date, becomes a goal. A goal broken down into steps, becomes a plan.
5. Thank you for the pain, it made me raise my game.
6. Find three hobbies you love: One to make you money. One to keep you in shape. And one to be creative.
7. Ask yourself if what you are doing today is getting you closer to where you want to be tomorrow.
8. It’s going to be hard but hard is not impossible.
9. Spend less time talking about your goals and spend more time executing them.
10. Imagine how incredible you’d be one year from now if you’d stop fantasizing about a better life and actively started building one.
11. Sometimes, I shake if I have to do something that I’ve never done before; maybe not noticeably, but inside. But I’ll do it, because I know it’s not an insurmountable task; I’ve done plenty of tasks in my life. – Martha Stewart
12. Envision, create, and believe in your own universe, and the universe will form around you. – Tony Hsieh
13. You can always find a solution if you try hard enough. – Lori Greiner
14. I think goals should never be easy, they should force you to work, even if they are uncomfortable at the time. – Michael Phelps
15. I know how it looks. But just start. Nothing is insurmountable. – Lin-Manuel Miranda
16. A goal without a timeline is just a dream. – Robert Herjavec
17. Think little goals and expect little achievements. Think big goals and win big success. – David Joseph Schwartz
18. Sometimes we may ask God for success, and He gives us physical and mental stamina. We might plead for prosperity, and we receive enlarged perspective and increased patience, or we petition for growth and are blessed with the gift of grace. He may bestow upon us conviction and confidence as we strive to achieve worthy goals. – David A. Bednar
19. I give myself homework when I have an audition. I give myself goals, and that’s how I check how I’m doing. It can be something simple like ‘listen,’ or ‘find your feet.’ And then afterward it’s an assessment, so in a way, it’s not about booking the job or not. It’s about what I learned as an actor about that character. – Lupita Nyong’o
20. There is nothing wrong with dedication and goals, but if you focus on yourself, all the lights fade away and you become a fleeting moment in life. – Pete Maravich
21. I’m competitive with myself, but not with other people. I set goals for myself. I don’t really care about winning or losing as long as I do my best. – Lucas Grabeel
22. It’s important to be driven and have goals. You want an independent woman who knows what she wants and isn’t afraid to go after it. It’s attractive to me when a woman is doing what she loves. It makes me want to know more. – Apolo Ohno
23. We need to distinguish between stress and stimulation. Having deadlines, setting goals, and pushing yourself to perform at capacity are stimulating. Stress is when you’re anxious, upset, or frustrated, which dramatically reduce your ability to perform. – Andrew J. Bernstein
24. Truthfully, being pregnant is changing me as a person. Each day is part of this amazing journey that has completely shifted the focus of my life and made me reevaluate my personal and professional goals. – Holly Madison
25. As a professional athlete, a lot is going to be said about you – but I just try to move forward and try to achieve my goals. – LeBron James
26. Everyone has a purpose in life and a unique talent to give to others. And when we blend this unique talent with service to others, we experience the ecstasy and exultation of own spirit, which is the ultimate goal of all goals. – Kallam Anji Reddy
27. I don’t focus on what I’m up against. I focus on my goals and I try to ignore the rest. – Venus Williams
28. Set your goals high, and don’t stop till you get there. – Bo Jackson
29. What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals. – Zig Ziglar
30. At the end of the day, the goals are simple: safety and security. – Jodi Rell
31. I’m not in the best shape, but I want to prove to myself I can do something that seems insurmountable and inspire others by showing them no matter where they are in their fitness goals, they can do it, too. – Ruben Studdard
32. History teaches us that unity is strength, and cautions us to submerge and overcome our differences in the quest for common goals, to strive, with all our combined strength, for the path to true African brotherhood and unity. – Haile Selassie
33. When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don’t adjust the goals, adjust the action steps. – Confucius
34. We all have goals: We want to matter. We want to be important. We want to have freedom and power to pursue our creative work. We want respect from our peers and recognition for our accomplishments. Not out of vanity or selfishness, but of an earnest desire to fulfill our personal potential. – Ryan Holiday
35. One of the lessons that I grew up with was to always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody else says distract you from your goals. And so when I hear about negative and false attacks, I really don’t invest any energy in them, because I know who I am. – Michelle Obama
36. By taking the time to stop and appreciate who you are and what you’ve achieved – and perhaps learned through a few mistakes, stumbles and losses – you actually can enhance everything about you. Self-acknowledgment and appreciation are what give you the insights and awareness to move forward toward higher goals and accomplishments. – Jack Canfield
37. Your goals, minus your doubts, equal your reality. – Ralph Marston
38. Leaders must exemplify integrity and earn the trust of their teams through their everyday actions. When you do this, you set high standards for everyone at your company. And when you do so with positive energy and enthusiasm for shared goals and purpose, you can deeply connect with your team and customers. – Marillyn Hewson
39. One way to keep momentum going is to have constantly greater goals. – Michael Korda
40. People with goals succeed because they know where they’re going. – Earl Nightingale
41. The game has its ups and downs, but you can never lose focus of your individual goals and you can’t let yourself be beat because of lack of effort. – Michael Jordan
42. Review your goals twice every day in order to be focused on achieving them. – Les Brown
43. I prefer to win titles with the team ahead of individual awards or scoring more goals than anyone else. I’m more worried about being a good person than being the best football player in the world. When all this is over, what are you left with? When I retire, I hope I am remembered for being a decent guy. – Lionel Messi
44. Finance is not merely about making money. It’s about achieving our deep goals and protecting the fruits of our labor. It’s about stewardship and, therefore, about achieving the good society. – Robert J. Shiller
45. A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals. – Larry Bird
46. You need to overcome the tug of people against you as you reach for high goals. – George S. Patton
47. Each of you, as an individual, must pick your own goals. Listen to others, but do not become a blind follower. – Thurgood Marshall
48. My personal goals are to be happy, healthy and to be surrounded by loved ones. – Kiana Tom
49. Leadership is working with goals and vision; management is working with objectives. – Russel Honore
50. A lot of people, when a guy scores a lot of goals, think, ‘He’s a great player’, because a goal is very important, but a great player is a player who can do everything on the field. He can do assists, encourage his colleagues, give them confidence to go forward. It is someone who, when a team does not do well, becomes one of the leaders. – Pele
51. The American Dream is one of success, homeownership, college education for one’s children, and have a secure job to provide these and other goals. – Leonard Boswell
52. Just as your car runs more smoothly and requires less energy to go faster and farther when the wheels are in perfect alignment, you perform better when your thoughts, feelings, emotions, goals, and values are in balance. – Brian Tracy
53. You control your future, your destiny. What you think about comes about. By recording your dreams and goals on paper, you set in motion the process of becoming the person you most want to be. Put your future in good hands – your own. – Mark Victor Hansen
54. Our goals can only be reached through a vehicle of a plan, in which we must fervently believe, and upon which we must vigorously act. There is no other route to success. – Pablo Picasso
55. Make sure of your commitment to Jesus Christ, and seek to follow Him every day. Don’t be swayed by the false values and goals of this world, but put Christ and His will first in everything you do. – Billy Graham
56. I have short goals – to get better every day, to help my teammates every day – but my only ultimate goal is to win an NBA championship. It’s all that matters. I dream about it. I dream about it all the time, how it would look, how it would feel. It would be so amazing. – LeBron James
57. What keeps me going is goals. – Muhammad Ali
58. Goals transform a random walk into a chase. – Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
59. Success is steady progress toward one’s personal goals. Jim Rohn
60. Everybody has goals, aspirations or whatever, and everybody has been at a point in their life where nobody believed in them. – Eminem
61. Greatness is not measured by what a man or woman accomplishes, but by the opposition, he or she has overcome to reach his goals. Dorothy Height
62. It’s not an accident that musicians become musicians and engineers become engineers: it’s what they’re born to do. If you can tune into your purpose and really align with it, setting goals so that your vision is an expression of that purpose, then life flows much more easily. – Jack Canfield
63. Exercise to stimulate, not to annihilate. The world wasn’t formed in a day, and neither were we. Set small goals and build upon them. – Lee Haney
64. You’ve got to know what you want. This is central to acting on your intentions. When you know what you want, you realize that all there is left then is time management. You’ll manage your time to achieve your goals because you clearly know what you’re trying to achieve in your life. – Patch Adams
65. Leadership is simply the ability of an individual to coalesce the efforts of other individuals toward achieving common goals. It boils down to looking after your people and ensuring that, from top to bottom, everyone feels part of the team. – Frederick W. Smith
66. You must accept that you might fail; then, if you do your best and still don’t win, at least you can be satisfied that you’ve tried. If you don’t accept failure as a possibility, you don’t set high goals, you don’t branch out, you don’t try – you don’t take the risk. – Rosalynn Carter
67. I live off a motto that says, ‘yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery’. I have goals and agendas. Where ever I’ll be tomorrow, that’s where I’ll be. – Vanilla Ice
68. Respect your parents. What they tell you is true. Hard work, dedication, and faith will get you anything. Imagination will drive itself. You can get anything you want, but you have to have faith behind all your ideas. Stick to your goals and have an undying faith. – Russell Simmons
69. The new year stands before us, like a chapter in a book, waiting to be written. We can help write that story by setting goals. – Melody Beattie
70. Life takes on meaning when you become motivated, set goals and charge after them in an unstoppable manner. – Les Brown
71. Stop setting goals. Goals are pure fantasy unless you have a specific plan to achieve them. – Stephen Covey
72. Remember, you and you alone are responsible for maintaining your energy. Give up blaming, complaining and excuse making, and keep taking action in the direction of your goals – however mundane or lofty they may be. – Jack Canfield
73. You have to be vigorous. That’s the only way you are going to get it because everybody has dreams and everybody has goals, but the only people who achieve them are the ones that go after it and don’t take no for an answer. – Nick Cannon
74. I think the American Dream used to be achieving one’s goals in your field of choice – and from that, all other things would follow. Now, I think the dream has morphed into the pursuit of money: Accumulate enough of it, and the rest will follow. – Buzz Aldrin
75. You need lofty goals. Then cement it with a great work ethic. – Jerry West
76. There is no limit to the potential of brethren working together in complete brotherhood and selflessness toward spiritual goals. The power of God working through such channels will bring unimaginable blessings to all concerned. – Joseph B. Wirthlin
77. Our kids have to understand that drinking underage is a poor decision that could drastically affect their chances to achieve the goals they’ve set. – Tony Cardenas
78. Make no mistake about it. Bad habits are called ‘bad’ for a reason. They kill our productivity and creativity. They slow us down. They hold us back from achieving our goals. And they’re detrimental to our health. – John Rampton
79. Getting organized in the normal routines of life and finishing little projects you’ve started is an important first step toward realizing larger goals. If you can’t get a handle on the small things, how will you ever get it together to focus on the big things? – Joyce Meyer
80. I hope the millions of people I’ve touched have the optimism and desire to share their goals and hard work and persevere with a positive attitude. – Michael Jordan
81. No matter how many goals you have achieved, you must set your sights on a higher one. – Jessica Savitch
82. To live a fulfilled life, we need to keep creating the “what is next”, of our lives. Without dreams and goals there is no living, only merely existing, and that is not why we are here. – Mark Twain
83. It always seems impossible until it’s done. – Nelson Mandela
84. You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don’t make money your goal. Instead, pursue the things you love doing, and then do them so well that people can’t take their eyes off you. – Maya Angelou
85. Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. – Winston Churchill
86. Hustling is putting every minute and all your effort into achieving the goal at hand. Every minute needs to count. – Gary Vaynerchuk
87. I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work. – Thomas Edison
88. To win big you sometimes have to risk big things. – Bill Gates
89. Instead of looking at the past, I put myself ahead twenty years and try to look at what I need to do now in order to get there then. – Diana Rossma
90. The distance between number one and number two is always a constant. If you want to improve the organization, you have to improve yourself and the organization gets pulled up with you. That is a big lesson. I cannot just expect the organization to improve if I don’t improve myself and lift the organization, because that distance is a constant. – Indra Nooyi
91. Don’t you dare underestimate the power of your own instinct. – Barbara Corcoran
92. If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things. – Albert Einstein
93. Everyone’s dream can come true if you just stick to it and work hard. – Serena Williams
94. It must be borne in mind that the tragedy of life doesn’t lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goals to reach. – Benjamin E. Mays
95. You should set goals beyond your reach so you always have something to live for. – Ted Turner
96. It’s important to set your own goals and work hard to achieve them. – Yuichiro Miura
97. You can do anything if you set goals. You just have to push yourself. – RJ Mitte
98. If you set goals and go after them with all the determination you can muster, your gifts will take you places that will amaze you. – Les Brown
99. All successful people have a goal. No one can get anywhere unless he knows where he wants to go and what he wants to be or do. – Norman Vincent Peale
100. The trouble with not having a goal is that you can spend your life running up and down the field and never score. – Bill Copeland
101. You have to set goals that are almost out of reach. If you set a goal that is attainable without much work or thought, you are stuck with something below your true talent and potential. – Steve Garvey
102. I’ve learned that if I only put my mind to one thing that I can get tunnel vision. Then I may not be as open to other opportunities because I’m so focused on one thing. I think what’s worked better for me personally is I have three goals every day: be nice, work hard, and make friends. – Gigi Hadid
103. There’s nothing better than achieving your goals, whatever they might be. – Paloma Faith
104. If you’re climbing the ladder of life, you go rung by rung, one step at a time. Don’t look too far up, set your goals high but take one step at a time. Sometimes you don’t think you’re progressing until you step back and see how high you’ve really gone. – Donny Osmond
105. She’s got that whole purpose driven warrior princess save the world type vibe.
106. Don’t decrease the goal. Increase the effort.
107. Be stubborn about your goals but flexible about your methods.
108. A goal without a plan is just a wish.
109. My only goal in life right now is to be happy. Genuinely, intensely and consistently happy, regardless of what that looks like to others.
110. We hold ourselves back in ways both big and small, by lacking self-confidence, by not raising our hands, and by pulling back when we should be leaning in. – Sheryl Sandberg
111. If we have a goal and a plan, and are willing to take risks and mistakes and work as a team, we can choose to do the hard thing. – Scott Kelly
112. Some failure in life is inevitable. It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all in which case, you fail by default. – J.K. Rowling
113. Never give up. Today is hard, tomorrow will be worse, but the day after tomorrow will be sunshine. – Jack Ma
114. We think, mistakenly, that success is the result of the amount of time we put in at work, instead of the quality of time we put in. – Arianna Huffington
115. You don’t learn to walk by following the rules. You learn by doing, and falling over. – Richard Branson
116. The thing about goals is that living without them is a lot more fun, in the short run. It seems to me, though, that the people who get things done, who lead, who grow and who make an impact… those people have goals. – Seth Godin
117. Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible. – Tony Robbins
118. Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment. – Jim Rohn
119. Successful people maintain a positive focus in life no matter what is going on around them. They stay focused on their past successes rather than their past failures, and on the next action steps, they need to take to get them closer to the fulfillment of their goals rather than all the other distractions that life presents to them. – Jack Canfield
120. Stay focused, go after your dreams and keep moving toward your goals. – LL Cool J
121. I will keep smiling, be positive and never give up. I will give 100 percent each time I play. These are always my goals and my attitude. – Yani Tseng