Going to the gym can be very hard even if we only have to do it at least once a week. Although others may think it can be as natural as taking a bath or eating our meals, most of us just find it challenging to do. We get so proud of ourselves once we’re able to finally go to the gym even just for 30 minutes. Of course, laying on the couch or binge-watching Netflix is much more inviting compared to gym visits but among the two, the latter is actually more beneficial to our body.
Going to the gym strengthens your body and muscles, keeps it in shape, lowers your blood pressure, reduces your body fat, and prevents illnesses. When you’re fit, you feel good about yourself. You’re confidence level increases and your relationships towards other people become stronger because you’d be able to have the energy to spend more time with them. Exercise releases the well-known happy chemicals called endorphins. I mean who doesn’t like to feel happy all the time, right? Along with these benefits, going to the gym also promotes good sleep and reduces stress.
We want to encourage you to be active starting today. These gym quotes we collected are meant to remind you that going to the gym or exercising will surely benefit you and the people around you in the long run.
1. I like to turn the venue into a jungle gym, into my playground. – Tory Lanez
2. Everyone needs a reset button so you can start your day without anxiety. For some people, it’s running; for some, it’s going to the gym. For me, it’s meditation. – Matt Bomer
3. All I do is work out. Oh my God! Half my life is spent in a gym somewhere, sweating. – Tom Brady
4. I hate going to the gym and doing it the old-fashioned way. I hate anything that’s too straightforward, too routine, too familiar. I get bored really, really quickly. – Rihanna
5. Now I think that going to the gym is the best drug. I go four times a week and it gives me the buzz I need. – Amy Winehouse
6. When you’re in the throes of this romantic love, it’s overwhelming – you’re out of control, you’re irrational, you’re going to the gym at 6 A.M. every day – Why? Because she’s there. – Helen Fisher
7. I’ve worked countless hours in the gym, so I feel like I’m already prepared for the game. So when I’m listening to music pregame, it’s really just about personal enjoyment. – Kyrie Irving
8. Here’s how it goes: I’m up at the stroke of 10 or 10:30. I have breakfast and read the papers, and then it’s lunchtime. Then maybe a little nap after lunch and out to the gym, and before I know it, it’s time to have a drink. – E. L. Doctorow
9. I kind of became a gym rat. The more results I saw, the more dedicated I became. It is such a great feeling to see your hard work pay off. I mean, if I’m gonna skip the In-N-Out burgers, there better be light at the end of the tunnel! – Jonathan Lipnicki
10. My sport is biking. I’m not much of a gym person, but I like being outside – hiking, canoeing, camping. – Diane Kruger
11. I used to pretend that my Peugeot driving to the gym in the rain in Dublin was a Ferrari on the Vegas strip. – Conor McGregor
12. I don’t go to a psychiatrist. I don’t go to a gym. I run away from my accountant, I run away from my dentist. They are all supposed to help you, but I like to stay in bed, where I have a chance to reflect, like Rossellini. – Marlene Dumas
13. I go to the gym and do 75 pull ups, 75 dips, 150 squats, 150 pushups, and then 20 minutes of ab work. Done. It takes an hour; I’m in and out. I sweat the whole time. – Charlie Hunnam
14. I was awkward-looking with huge brown eyes, dark brown, pencil-straight hair styled into an old-school Romanian bowl haircut from the 1980s. And I was very, very small. I was always the tiniest kid on my street and in my classes at school. The gym was the one place I didn’t have to worry about feeling awkward for being so petite. – Dominique Moceanu
15. Gold’s was the first bodybuilding gym made for bodybuilders. – Joe Gold
16. People say sometimes that I’m distracted. I’m not distracted. I’m being smart. I’m capitalizing while the iron is hot. That’s why I’m trying to do movies. I do the podcast. I do a radio show. I work on FOX. I have a gym; I have a lot of things going on. That’s because when I’m done, I want to be set up. – Michael Bisping
17. For me, fitness is not just about hitting the gym; it is also about an inner happiness and an overall well-being. – Rakul Preet Singh
18. You know, I looked at my face in the mirror this morning, and I like being old. My face has more content and when I train in the gym now, I am not training to be strong or handsome – just better than I was yesterday. These days the race is just against myself. – Jean-Claude Van Damme
19. The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character. – Arnold Schwarzenegger
20. Going to the gym is great for your body, but it’s also great for your mind. – Rory McIlroy
21. I feel like I’m really blessed and lucky that I have a very good social life outside of the gym, and I have a really amazing family. My parents are so supportive. I have a younger brother and two younger sisters, and they’re really awesome. So I feel like I get the best of both worlds. – Aly Raisman
22. Some people like going to the pub; I enjoy going to the gym. – Frank Bruno
23. The gym is somewhere you can go to just forget for an hour what you do for a living, what you are doing on a daily basis. You just turn up and get on with it. – Luke Evans
24. I believe in eating what I like and sweating it out in the gym. – Irina Shayk
25. My goal is to hit the gym every day I’m on vacation. Usually I just end up sleeping and drinking beer. – Gary Allan
26. Gold medals are made out of sweat, blood and tears and effort in the gym every day. – Gabby Douglas
27. Exercise is really important to me – it’s therapeutic. So if I’m ever feeling tense or stressed or like I’m about to have a meltdown, I’ll put on my iPod and head to the gym or out on a bike ride along Lake Michigan with the girls. – Michelle Obama
28. I just loved being in the gym. It was tough at times. Sometimes I wanted to quit, but I’m glad I stuck with it. – Kevin Durant
29. The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses – behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights. – Muhammad Ali
30. The person earning the federal minimum wage of $7.25 isn’t going out to eat at restaurants. They’re not taking piano lessons. They’re not going to the gym or the yoga studio. They’re not sending mom flowers on Mother’s day. What good is this person in the economy? If you raise it to $15 an hour, they’re doing all of those things. – Nick Hanauer
31. I’m simple. I love hiking, going to the gym, doing some simple stuff. I love being outdoors, I love bike riding. Just stuff that’s fun! – Lea Michele
32. I don’t smoke, don’t drink much, and go to the gym five times a week. I live a healthy lifestyle and feel great. I can run a marathon, you know. – Sarah Michelle Gellar
33. I love the gym; I love basketball. I’m really passionate about it. – Kyrie Irving
34. I’m living on this positive mind frame where I’m only attracting positive things. I’m controlling my energy, I’m eating right, I’m meditating, I’m in the gym, I’m doing all this stuff I’m supposed to be doing. I’m past that young, immature way of thinking. I just want to be great. – Shameik Moore
35. I attend to my fitness. I go the gym every day and try to maintain my physical fitness; without that, it is tough to take challenges on the chess board. – Viswanathan Anand
36. My only personal time is a couple of hours in the gym in the morning. – Aaron Schock
37. Math is like going to the gym for your brain. It sharpens your mind. – Danica McKellar
38. I go to the gym and work through a routine. But if you see someone with a personal trainer, you know they do 10 times more than you do. You give up your sense of identity. If you watch ‘The Biggest Loser,’ you see people give up their identity to become something else. – Irvine Welsh
39. A lot of late nights in the gym, a lot of early mornings, especially when your friends are going out, you’re going to the gym, those are the sacrifices that you have to make if you want to be an NBA basketball player. – Jason Kidd
40. I go to the gym, I swim daily and from time to time I meet with friends and do extra-curricular stuff. – Vladimir Putin
41. Light days? What’s that? Some kind of tampon?
42. Fall down seven times, get up eight.
43. When my body ‘shouts’ STOP, my mind ‘screams’NEVER.
44. If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you have always got.
45. The best way to predict your future is to create it.
46. You don’t drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there.
47. There are so many people out there who will tell you that you can’t. What you’ve got to do is to turn around and say – watch me.
48. The more you train, the more people there are who are weaker than you.
49. When you’re not training, someone else is.
50. Men shouldn’t hide weakness, they should kill it.
51. The pain of today is the victory of tomorrow.
52. If your out of breath, dizzy, feel like vomiting, can’t remember your name, you are on the right road.
53. Of course its heavy, that’s why they call it weight.
54. Crawling is acceptable. Falling is acceptable. Puking is acceptable. Tears are acceptable. Pain is acceptable. Injury is acceptable. Quitting is unacceptable
55. Squat! Because somewhere there’s a girl warming up with your max.
56. Cheat on your girlfriends, not on your workouts.
57. A pint of sweat will save a gallon of blood.
58. Second place is just a spot for the first loser.
59. Just think about how you wanna look, just think about how you wanna look. Ok, up with it.
60. Just being aware of what you are about to do greatly diminishes the tendency to do what you don’t want to. You will pull your hand back from that pizza slice, tell the waitress that you are passing on dessert, put on your gym shoes instead of going under the comforter, and take several deep breaths instead of screaming at your daughter. – Srikumar Rao
61. Traits acquired during one’s lifetime – muscles built up in the gym, for example – cannot be passed on to the next generation. Now with technology, as it happens, we might indeed be able to transfer some of our acquired traits on to our selected offspring by genetic engineering. – Nick Bostrom
62. Right after the draft, when I came out to Oakland, there was a press conference and a dinner with the owner, GM, and Coach Nelson. We did some sightseeing and some house searching the next day, but to be honest, I had no idea what I was doing. I tried to find a spot close to our gym, because I figured that’s where I’d spend most of my time. – Stephen Curry
63. So I said to the gym instructor: ‘Can you teach me to do the splits?’ He said: ‘How flexible are you?’ I said: I can’t make Tuesdays.’ – Tim Vine
64. I really don’t like the gym. I like experiences, so I take any chance I get to go on a bicycle or on a hike. – Blake Lively
65. I’m a competitive person. I love the game of basketball. I’m a gym rat. – Paul Pierce
66. When I go to the gym, stretching is very important. For polo, you don’t need too much strength so you don’t want to build yourself up too much. It’s all about flexibility. – Nacho Figueras
67. You don’t start out getting into the gym and bench pressing 300 pounds. You start out by doing the bar. – Thomas Rhett
68. If you think of exercise as a 60-minute commitment 3 times a week at the gym, you’re missing the point completely. If you think that going on a diet has something to do with nutrition, you don’t see the forest through the trees. It is a lifestyle. I know it sounds cliche, but you have to find things you love to do. – Brett Hoebel
69. But on average, I go to the gym about four or five times a week. Today, I’m so experienced in training – I’m actually listening to my body now. My body needs freedom. When I train I create serenity and I produce oxygen in my blood. It helps me to think better and relax. By training, you accentuate the problem. – Jean-Claude Van Damme
70. To achieve something you’ve never had before, you must do something you’ve never done before.
71. Sometimes I’d literally show up at the gym having a panic attack, and my trainer would be like, ‘All right, let’s just go get breakfast.’ I can’t give enough credit to him he was really there for me, and not just like a trainer where it’s like, ‘Well, come on, man, I gotta pump you up.’ He cared more about my mind and the state that I was in. – Dylan O’Brien
72. Just as you go to the gym regularly to keep your body fit, regular couples counseling can keep your relationship fit as well. – Laura Wasser
73. I don’t have an iPod. I mean, I have a couple. Doesn’t everyone? But I don’t use it. I need to because I go to the gym now, and I’m tired of listening to morning radio. I want some music! I do have a video iPod, but I don’t use it either. – Ricky Schroder
74. Let’s talk about the holidays, more specifically, consumption during the holidays. If it’s true that ‘We are what we eat,’ most of us would be unrecognizable during the period that ranges from the night before Thanksgiving through that day in early January when everyone decides to return to the gym. – Rachel Nichols
75. There’s not much to do in Atlanta, so the cast went to the gym together, went shopping together, and dinner was always a group thing. It’s that whole summer-camp experience that making movies tends to be anyway. – Timothy Olyphant
76. My bike is my gym, my wheelchair and my church all in one. I’d like to ride my bike all day long but I’ve got this thing called a job that keeps getting in the way. – Bill Walton
77. I’m not someone who frequents the gym, pretty much ever. – Timothee Chalamet
78. In our game, it’s your vanity that keeps you in shape. I’ve got a little gym set up, and I ride a single-speed bike up the hills behind my house. Lately I’ve been kind of a slacker. Usually it’s a film role that makes me start getting in shape. Between roles, I try to do a little maintenance, but I’m not a workout fanatic at all. – Bill Paxton
79. If I don’t go to the gym for a week, I just get thinner and thinner. – Venus Williams
80. Throughout my life, I have tried to share my belief that getting and staying healthy doesn’t have to feel like work. My life is not about deprivation; I don’t diet or slave away in a gym. What I do is eat clean, nutritious, real food. I enjoy delicious meals with healthy fats, I eat until I am full and satisfied, and I remain thin. – Suzanne Somers
81. If I’m in the gym I’ll stay for a while, and I’m not usually in a hurry to leave. – Tyler Hoechlin
82. At the gym, I do full-body circuits with low weights and high repetitions, as well as four or five cardio intervals thrown into the mix. I put a lot of emphasis on core strength and flexibility training. I also do a lot of running in my free time. Anytime I can move my cardio outside in the sunshine, I do. – Jill Wagner
83. It’s a real strength for me that I’ve never minded the training process. It’s something I enjoy. I really like being in the gym or, certainly, on the field. – Tom Brady
84. Every morning, I crawl out of bed. I sit there and think, ‘Do I really need this?’ And I drag myself to the gym in my garage. It’s not fun. I hate it. I work out alone. Weights. – Sylvester Stallone
85. I always think, what type of 11th grader would I be if I was still at school? Or if I was home all the time, would I be at the gym 24/7? Would I be as good at guitar? I know I wouldn’t be as mature as I am. – Shawn Mendes
86. With physical prep work, you know if you go to the gym, you will get the size. There’s no chance it won’t happen. The emotional prep work is a variable. You could step onto the set one day and have a disconnect with your thoughts and feelings and have a rough day acting because you can’t quite tap into what you need. – Chris Evans
87. I would like to propose slow cycling. Commute by bike. At a stroke, you remove the need for and absurd cost of public transport. Cycling is almost completely free. There is no longer any need for the gym as you get fit by cycling. And you can go at your own pace. – Tom Hodgkinson
88. While I can always use a break from the gym, I like to swim and dive to keep myself feeling good. – Irina Shayk
89. Get ripped, get laid.
90. Pain is weakness leaving the body
91. Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.
92. Failure is only a temporary change in direction to set you straight for your next success.
93. If you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail
94. The worst thing you can be is average.
95. Go hard or go home.
96. Eat big, lift big, Get big!
97. When it starts to hurt, that’s when the set starts.
98. The hardest thing about earning a title is the ability to live up to it.
99. With great size comes great responsibility
100. Ain’t nothing to it but to do it.
101. I’m not here to talk.
102. Squat till you puke.
103. Toddlers need to get off the soccer field and onto the playground. Children need to get out of the gym and into neighborhood stickball games. We need to give kids room to create their own rules, set their own terms, and move their bodies in their own ways. – Darell Hammond
104. Doubt me, hate me, you’re the inspiration I need.
105. You are born weak and die weak, what you are in between those two periods of time is up to you.
106. I don’t care how many reps you do, as long as you lift girl weights you’ll get a girl body.
107. Strength within, pride throughout.
108. Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.
109. Winners train, losers Complain.
110. A winner never whines.
111. You don’t demand respect, you earn it.
112. Good is not enough if better is possible.
113. If the bar ain’t bending you‘re just pretending.
114. Character is who you are when no one’s watching.
115. The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary.
116. I had the goal to be the best from day one.
117. No pain, no gain.
18. Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but nobody wants to lift heavy ass weights.
119. Never say the sky’s the limit when there are footprints on the moon.
120. More pain, more pussy.
121. Life’s too short to be small.
122. Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you’re an honest person is like expecting the bull not to charge you because you’re a vegetarian.
123. Be proud, but never satisfied.
124. Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.
125. Only you get out, what you put in.
126. If you don’t live for something, you’ll die for nothing.
127. You must do what others don’t, to achieve what others won’t.
128. Yeah, I had a girlfriend once, but she couldn’t spot me, so what was the point?
129. Obsession is what lazy people call dedication.
130. The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.
131. For every person who doubts you, tell you that you will fail, try twice as hard to prove them wrong.
132. Cardio? Is that Spanish?
133. Build your body, build your character.
134. I do it because I can, I can because I want to, I want to because you said I couldn’t.
135. I’m not on steroids, but thanks for asking.
136. Stay weak. I needed those plates anyway.
137. I got 99 problems but a bench ain’t one.
138. When the going gets tough the tough gets going.
139. If you’re not first, you’re last.
140. You can’t flex fat so shut up and lift.
141. Train hard, so they dig deeper than 6 feet into the ground. You want results, then train like it.