Our husbands are our best friends. They are always there for us. If you’ve heard the saying, “Two heads are better than one”, you probably agree to it as well. Our husbands are our second brains. They make our lives a little bit easier. Whenever a problem within the family arises, you can trust you will not face it alone.
We can expect that questions are answered quicker when husbands are around. Anything broken inside the house is fixed instantly with their help as well. It saves us from paying someone else to get the job around the house done, right? Our husbands are our constant helpers, our confidante, and our lifetime partners in all of our life’s adventures.
Sometimes we forget to thank our husbands for their patience and support. As wives, we have to let them know how much joy they give to our lives.
They deserve to be appreciated. There are many ways to express our gratitude and love for them and one of the ways is using quotes. We can write the sweetest and the most sincere quotes on the cards or just whispering them into their ears. It may be simple, but it lets our husbands know how much they are appreciated.
To help you out, we have collected some of the best husband quotes we like. Some are short, some are long, but they are all meaningful.
Sweet and Meaningful Husband Quotes
1. Let the wife make the husband glad to come home, and let him make her sorry to see him leave. – Martin Luther
2. The relationship between husband and wife should be one of closest friends. – B. R. Ambedkar
3. A good husband makes a good wife. – John Florio
4. The real act of marriage takes place in the heart, not in the ballroom or church or synagogue. It’s a choice you make – not just on your wedding day, but over and over again – and that choice is reflected in the way you treat your husband or wife. – Barbara De Angelis
5. A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father. – Frank Abagnale
6. A good marriage would be between a blind wife and a deaf husband. – Michel de Montaigne
7. A good wife is one who serves her husband in the morning like a mother does, loves him in the day like a sister does and pleases him like a prostitute in the night. – Chanakya
8. My husband and I always have fun together in everything we do. Some people call me crazy, but the reality is that I enjoy spending each second with him. He is not just my husband – he is my rock and my very best friend. – Joyce Giraud
9. I do not want a husband who honors me as a queen, if he doesn’t love me as a woman. – Elizabeth I
10. I pray to be a good servant to God, a father, a husband, a son, a friend, a brother, an uncle, a good neighbor, a good leader to those who look up to me, a good follower to those who are serving God and doing the right thing. – Mark Wahlberg
11. In terms of my marriage, you know, falling in love with my husband was by far the best thing that’s ever happened to me. – Caroline Kennedy
12. You never know what the future holds, so I am just enjoying being happy, healthy, and having my wonderful husband by my side. – Olivia Newton-John
13. An ideal wife is any woman who has an ideal husband. Booth Tarkington
14. I love being my husband’s wife. – Julianna Margulies
15. In my career, there’s many things I’ve won and many things I’ve achieved, but for me, my greatest achievement is my children and my family. It’s about being a good father, a good husband, just being connected to family as much as possible. – David Beckham
16. I look at my father. He is one of my heroes. He is such an incredible, classy man. He was such a great father and such a great husband in so many ways, and we lived through some pretty tough times losing my mom. When I see all that he did, I think, ‘Wow, that’s a really wonderful man. – Emmanuelle Chriqui
17. Perfect happiness would be knowing that all my family and friends were happy and safe. Then I’d go to a tropical island with my husband where it was gorgeous and fun all day long and interesting and fun all evening. Good food and dancing would be nice, too, and weekly visits from those safe and happy family and friends. Plus world peace. – Suzanne Weyn
18. Some of my happiest moments are the ones I spend with my husband, a few close relatives, and a handful of very good friends who know me well and like me anyway. – Robin Marantz Henig
19. As one whose husband and mother-in-law have died the victims of murder and assassination, I stand firmly and unequivocally opposed to the death penalty for those convicted of capital offenses. An evil deed is not redeemed by an evil deed of retaliation. – Coretta Scott King
20. I was a queen, and you took away my crown; a wife, and you killed my husband; a mother, and you deprived me of my children. My blood alone remains: take it, but do not make me suffer long. – Marie Antoinette
21. Through devotion, your family cares become more peaceful, mutual love between husband and wife becomes more sincere, the service we owe to the prince more faithful, and our work, no matter what it is, becomes more pleasant and agreeable. – Saint Francis de Sales
22. The love of husband and wife, which is creative of new human life, is a marvelously personal sharing in the creative love of God who brings into being the eternal soul that comes to every human being with the gift of human life. – Vincent Nichols
23. A good wife always forgives her husband when she’s wrong. – Milton Berle
24. A home with a loving and loyal husband and wife is the supreme setting in which children can be reared in love and righteousness and in which the spiritual and physical needs of children can be met. – David A. Bednar
25. A wife should no more take her husband’s name than he should hers. My name is my identity and must not be lost. – Lucy Stone
26. In a happy marriage, it is the wife who provides the climate, the husband the landscape. – Gerald Brenan
27. I think God made a woman to be strong and not to be trampled under the feet of men. I’ve always felt this way because my mother was a very strong woman, without a husband. – Little Richard
28. I am happier when I love than when I am loved. I adore my husband, my son, my grandchildren, my mother, my dog, and frankly, I don’t know if they even like me. But who cares? Loving them is my joy. – Isabel Allende
29. No wife can endure a gambling husband; unless he is a steady winner. – Thomas Dewar
30. After you play husband and wife on camera multiple times, it becomes easy to be husband and wife off camera as well. – Amy Yasbeck
31. Thankfully I have an ecosystem of in-laws, parents and husband, who are my rocks. – Chanda Kochhar
32. The husband and wife are one, and that one is the husband. William Blackstone
33. I learned a great many years ago that in a fight between husband and wife, a third party should never get between the woman’s skillet and the man’s ax-helve. – Abraham Lincoln
34. The idea of having a house, a kid, a husband, and a dog… I love that. I also really want to open a coffee and flower shop one day, probably in Italy. Sam Smith
35. I’m a strong person, I’m a strong family man, I’m a strong husband and a strong father. – David Beckham
36. There’s nothing like the first kiss once you’ve been pronounced husband and wife. It’s such a wonderful moment. – Sara Ramirez
37. I have a really beautiful life right now, so there is no reason to be hostile. I’m a husband, a father and a man who tries to do the right thing in life and in my work. – Ice Cube
38. I have a fantastic husband. Here’s the honeymoon part: I still think he’s the funniest, wittiest, most clever man I’ve ever known. – Sarah Jessica Parker
39. I have a lifetime appointment and I intend to serve it. I expect to die at 110, shot by a jealous husband. – Thurgood Marshall
40. I chose not to go into politics and policy. Those policies are my husband’s job. – Melania Trump
41. A good husband is never the first to go to sleep at night or the last to awake in the morning. – Honore de Balzac
42. I know one husband and wife who, whatever the official reasons given to the court for the breakup of their marriage, were really divorced because the husband believed that nobody ought to read while he was talking and the wife that nobody ought to talk while she was reading. – Vera Brittain
43. An easy-going husband is the one indispensable comfort of life. Ouida
44. Being a good husband and father. That’s the most important thing I’m going to do on this earth. – Shawn Michaels
45. As for my personal life, I’d love to start a family of my own. I think I’d make a great dad, and I think shortly I would make a great husband. – Matthew Perry
46. I will always do what I can to help others, but when I retire, I want to be a dad and a husband. I want a house and a dog in the yard. I want to have barbecues. – J. J. Watt
47. My husband has quite simply been my strength and stay all these years, and I owe him a debt greater than he would ever claim. Queen Elizabeth II
48. Nothing has brought me more love, joy and peace than being a good husband and good daddy. – Frank Abagnale
49. Whenever a husband and wife begin to discuss their marriage they are giving evidence at a coroner’s inquest. – H. L. Mencken
50. My husband had a very strong identity and was successful in his life. Thank God for that. There’s no way I can control him. I wouldn’t stay married to him if I felt I could. I can readily take my business personality into the home. But he forces me to be a partner rather than the boss. – Barbara Corcoran
51. I like spending time with my husband. – Lara Stone
52. For someone to say that marriage is only about procreation is a joke. I didn’t marry my husband to have children. I married my husband because I love my husband. – Aisha Tyler
53. I tell everyone in the world that I have always been the best father I could be and that I was the worst husband. Wooo! – Ric Flair
54. I love my husband. I believe in him, and I am proud of his accomplishments. – Pat Nixon
55. I have no wish for a second husband. I had enough of the first. I like to have my own way to lie down mistress, and get up master. – Susanna Moodie
56. Personally, I don’t like a girlfriend to have a husband. If she’ll fool her husband, I figure she’ll fool me. – Orson Welles
57. I promise to be an excellent husband, but give me a wife who, like the moon, will not appear every day in my sky. – Anton Chekhov
58. All that a husband or wife really wants is to be pitied a little, praised a little, and appreciated a little. – Oliver Goldsmith
59. Our problem with President Obama isn’t that he’s a bad person. By all accounts, he too is a good husband, and a good father – and thanks to lots of practice, a pretty good golfer. – Marco Rubio
60. For many women, becoming a widow does not just mean the heartache of losing a husband, but often losing everything else as well. – Cherie Blair
61. I’m a better husband and father than I was a killer. – Chris Kyle
61. I’m very fortunate. My husband is hugely supportive, and he is very happy getting on with his career. – Theresa May
62. I wouldn’t trade a thing. Even the troubles that I had. I have become the husband and mate to my wife that I have because of what I went through, including the bad times. I wouldn’t trade that. – Garth Brooks
63. My husband went through a phase of giving me vacuum cleaners, sewing machines and Mixmasters. It’s ironic. He is encouraging me to develop a hobby, I think. – Cate Blanchett
64. My dear husband, Richard, has been the driving force behind my success and rise to whatever level I am now. My story and legacy is incomplete without his mention. – Joyce Banda
65. Whenever I fail as a father or husband, a toy and a diamond always works. – Shah Rukh Khan
66. It’s not beauty but fine qualities, my girl, that keep a husband. – Euripides
67. You just have to keep on doing what you do. It’s the lesson I get from my husband; he just says, Keep going. Start by starting. – Meryl Streep
68. What I love about my husband is that he really allows me to be the best person I can. – Georgina Chapman
69. Maybe one of the most heartening findings from the psychology of pleasure is there’s more to looking good than your physical appearance. If you like somebody, they look better to you. This is why spouses in happy marriages tend to think that their husband or wife looks much better than anyone else thinks that they do. – Paul Bloom
70. Being a good husband is like being a good stand-up comic – you need ten years before you can even call yourself a beginner. – Jerry Seinfeld
71. I want to be able to experience everything. I want to experience being a husband, experience being a father, experience, maybe, hopefully, someday being a grandfather, and all those things. I want that experience. When I die, I want to be exhausted. – Bryan Cranston
72. I think we take it for granted that if you are with your husband after 30 years, then he is the love of your life. – Sue Townsend
73. The man as he converses is the lover; silent, he is the husband. – Honore de Balzac
74. Never trust a husband too far, nor a bachelor too near. – Helen Rowland
75. A key to keeping your husband is getting him to miss you. That keeps a marriage fresh. – Tori Amos
76. The doctor must have put my pacemaker in wrong. Every time my husband kisses me, the garage door goes up. – Minnie Pearl
77. The husband who decides to surprise his wife is often very much surprised himself. – Voltaire
78. I’m about caring, I’m about people, and I’m about entertaining people. I’m a family man. A husband. A father. I’ve been a lot of other things over the years, which we don’t really want to talk about. – Ozzy Osbourne
79. I love how you take care of me. How you keep working to be a better man. Even on days I fail to be a better woman.
80. His arms are strong enough to hold every fear, every beautiful broken piece of me. This man doesn’t just make me feel complete, he completes me.
81. To my husband I will say: You’re the proof that God answers prayers.
82. The couples that are meant to be are the ones who go through everything that is meant to tear them apart. And come out even stronger.
83. We don’t just get to grow old together. We get to grow up together. And that’s the real adventure.
84. I’m not spoiled. My husband just loves me.
85. You’re my favorite place to go when my mind searches for peace.
86. You are home to me. And I love coming home.
87. I cannot promise you an easy life, or that I will not disappoint you. I cannot promise that I will be the perfect husband. But I can promise you that I will choose to love every day.
88. I vow to still grab your butt even when you’re old and wrinkly.
89. Husbands too, deserve to be spoiled. Told they are handsome. Told their efforts are appreciated and should also be made to feel secure. If e is doing his best to treat you like a queen do you best to treat him as a King. His need to feel loved and appreciated is real.
90. Home is where my husband is.
91. Your spouse should not be second to your parents, friends, coworkers, or even to your children.
92. I choose you. And I’ll choose you over and over and over. Without pause, without doubt, in a heartbeat I’ll keep choosing you.
93. I ask myself every day. How did I get so lucky to marry my best friend in this world.
94. If he makes you laugh, kisses your forehead, says he’s sorry, makes an effort, holds your hand, works hard, attempts to understand you, then, believe it or not, he’s quite perfect.
95. Don’t ever stop dating your wife and don’t ever stop flirting with your husband.
96. The ideal husband understands every word his wife doesn’t say.
97. You’re that part of me I’ll always need.
98. There is this guy who stole my heart. He calls me his wife.
99. I’d rather have bad times with you, than good times with someone else. I’d rather be beside you in a storm, than safe and warm by myself. I’d rather have hard times together, than to have to it easy apart. I’d rather have the one who holds my heart.
100. If I did anything right in my life it was when I gave my heart to you.
101. Date someone who is a home and an adventure all at once.
102. I know I’m a handful but that’s why you got two hands.
103. In my book, you are my prince. In my movie, you are my hero. In my body you are my heart. In my life you are my everything.
104. I picked my first husband, God picker my second husband.
105. Dear Lord. Please don’t let my husband be home when all my online orders arrive. Amen.
106. My husband has made me laugh. Wiped my tears. Hugged me tight. Watched me succeed. Seen me fail. Kept me strong. My husband is a promise from our
107. Father that I will have a best friend forever.
108. Never stop being your husband’s girlfriend.
109. Always strive to give your spouse the very best of yourself; not what’s left over after you have given your best to everyone else.
110. Good gave my husband so we could weather the storms of life.
111. Nothing says “home” like the arms of my husband.
112. Someday, I’ll marry the right person with the right reason and with God’s permission.
113. It’s not about having the perfect relationship, it’s about finding someone who matches and will go through everything without giving up.
114. You are my blue crayon, the one I never have enough of, the one use to color my sky. – A.R Asher
115. I want to hold your hand at 80 and say, “We made it.”
116. I am a proud wife of an imperfect husband. He is the only one in this world can tolerate my madness.
117. You are my today and all of my tomorrows. – Leo Christopher
118. I love being yours.
119. Have I mentioned today how lucky I am to be in love with you?
120. I could be having the worst day in the world, but the moment I see you, that all changes.
121. He’s not perfect but he’s all I want.
122. You are what I need in my life. You are my one.
123. You see, I love you and I don’t want to lose you because my life has been better since the day I found you.
124. I want someone who says I love you every night and proves it every day.
125. When we get to the end of our lives together, the house we had, the cars we drove, the things we possessed won’t matter. What will matter is that I had you, and you had me.
126. A sure sign of a man’s strength is how gently he loves his wife.
127. I don’t need love letters every day. Just smack me on the butt and say, “I’m glad that ass is mine.
128. Our journey isn’t perfect but it’s ours.
129. After all, soul mates always end up together.
130. I fell in love with you because you loved me when I couldn’t love myself.
131. In you, I’ve found the love of my life, and my closest, truest friend.
132. The first time I saw you, my heart whispered, “That’s the one.”
133. Missing you is my hobby, caring for you is my job, making you happy is my duty and loving you is my life.
134. My husband is my happy place.
135. Some people search their whole lives to find what I found in you.
136. I want to inspire my husband. I want him to look at me and say, “Because of you, I didn’t give up.”
137. Love is his warm legs to put your cold feet on.
138. The moment when he rolls over, puts his arm around me and pulls me closer in his sleep. I love that.
139. Imagine meeting someone who wanted to learn your past not to punish you, but to understand how you needed to be love.
140. And in the middle of my chaos, there was you.
141. You are my dearest friend. My deepest love. You are the best of me.
142. My husband’s biggest flaws are, he works to hard and he’s too nice. I’m a lucky girl.
143. You don’t marry someone you can live with. You marry the person who you cannot live without.
144. There is no pretending I love you, and I will love you until I die. That’s if there’s life after death. I’ll love you then.
145. My husband is my rock. My best friend. My soul mate. And he’s hot as hell.
146. Sometimes I look at you and I wonder how I got to be so damn lucky.
147. There is a spot in my heart that will never belong to anyone else but you.
148. It’s not what I feel for you. It’s what I don’t feel for anyone but you.
149. Thank you for reminding what butterflies feel like.