Every day we aspire to become the best version of ourselves. Sometimes it takes a lot of work, most of the time all we have to do is to take a small step forward. The more we aim for perfection, the more we make our dreams possible. In every step of the way, you have to look around and get yourself an inspiration. Having an inspiration will keep you going in spite of the many obstacles you have to fight through. You can be inspired by your family, friends, children, famous authors, successful individuals, Bible verses, or inspirational words and quotes from people who have been through a lot in life.
When you have something that inspires you, the journey of life becomes a little easier. It gives you the courage to be yourself, be the best, be fearless, and be persistent. You have to find the right people, right things, and words that will help push your ability to the limit. Sure there will be times of defeat, but it is what makes life fun. Focus on what really matters instead of lurking in the dark side of life. A person becomes successful not because he made it to the top, but because he survived everything just to get there.
We created a long list of beautiful inspirational words and quotes for you to read every time you feel like giving up. May you never stop working to reach your dreams.; the quotes below prove you can and you will!
Inspirational Words and Quotes
1. Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm but to add color to my sunset sky. – Rabindranath Tagore
2. Change your thoughts and you change your world. – Norman Vincent Peale
3. Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. – Warren Buffett
4. We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. – Joseph Campbell
5. My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style. – Maya Angelou
6. Let us remember: One book, one pen, one child, and one teacher can change the world. – Malala Yousafzai
7. Keep your face always toward the sunshine – and shadows will fall behind you. – Walt Whitman
8. Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it. – Steve Jobs
9. Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible’. – Audrey Hepburn
10. Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud. – Maya Angelou
11. Let us sacrifice our today so that our children can have a better tomorrow. – A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
12. No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. – Aesop
13. We know what we are, but know not what we may be. – William Shakespeare
14. Believe you can and you’re halfway there. – Theodore Roosevelt
15. If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride – and never quit, you’ll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards. – Paul Bryant
16. What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
17. All you need is the plan, the roadmap, and the courage to press on to your destination. – Earl Nightingale
18. What we think, we become. – Buddha
19. Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence. – Vince Lombardi
20. As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. – John F. Kennedy
21. Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant. – Robert Louis Stevenson
22. Be brave enough to live life creatively. The creative place where no one else has ever been. – Alan Alda
23. Tears of joy are like the summer rain drops pierced by sunbeams. – Hosea Ballou
24. It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped. – Tony Robbins
25. If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door. – Milton Berle
26. No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world. – Robin Williams
27. Let your life lightly dance on the edges of Time like dew on the tip of a leaf. – Rabindranath Tagore
28. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles. – Audrey Hepburn
29. Let us make our future now, and let us make our dreams tomorrow’s reality. – Malala Yousafzai
30. I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.’ – Muhammad Ali
31. Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared. – Buddha
32. Happiness is a butterfly, which when pursued, is always just beyond your grasp, but which, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you. – Nathaniel Hawthorne
33. Without craftsmanship, inspiration is a mere reed shaken in the wind. – Johannes Brahms
34. I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness because it shows me the stars. – Og Mandino
35. Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. – Oscar Wilde
36. You’ve gotta dance like there’s nobody watching. Love like you’ll never be hurt. Sing like there’s nobody listening. And live like it’s heaven on earth. – William W. Purkey
37. Be the change that you wish to see in the world. – Mahatma Gandhi
38. No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. – Eleanor Roosevelt
39. Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. – Mahatma Gandhi
40. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that. – Martin Luther King Jr.
41. Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring. – Marilyn Monroe
42. There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. – Albert Einstein
43. Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift of God, which is why we call it the present. – Bil Keane
44. Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten. – Neil Gaiman
45. The opposite of love is not hate, it’s indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it’s indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it’s indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it’s indifference. – Elie Wiesel
46. I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. – Albert Einstein
47. You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who’ll decide where to go. – Dr. Seuss
48. You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me. – C.S. Lewis
49. To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure. – J.K. Rowling
50. Listen to the mustn’ts, child. Listen to the don’ts. Listen to the shouldn’ts, the impossibles, the won’ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me. Anything can happen, child. Anything can be. – Shel Silverstein
51. When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us. – Helen Keller
52. Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. – Winston S. Churchill
53. So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I’m still trying to figure out how that could be. – Stephen Chbosky,
54. You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one. I hope someday you’ll join us. And the world will live as one. – John Lennon
55. And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it. – Paulo Coelho
56. It’s the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting. – Paulo Coelho
57. I thank you God for this most amazing day, for the leaping greenly spirits of trees, and for the blue dream of sky and for everything which is natural, which is infinite, which is yes. – E.E Cummings
58. Your personal life, your professional life, and your creative life are all intertwined. I went through a few very difficult years where I felt like a failure. But it was actually really important for me to go through that. Struggle, for me, is the most inspirational thing in the world at the end of the day – as long as you treat it that way. – Skylar Grey
59. Two roads diverged in a wood and I – I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. – Robert Frost
60. Your present circumstances don’t determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start. – Nido Qubein
61. You must do the things you think you cannot do. – Eleanor Roosevelt
62. If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. – Bruce Lee
63. Shoot for the moon and if you miss you will still be among the stars. – Les Brown
64. The power of imagination makes us infinite. – John Muir
65. If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants. – Isaac Newton
66. Throw your dreams into space like a kite, and you do not know what it will bring back, a new life, a new friend, a new love, a new country. – Anais Nin
67. Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors where there were only walls. – Joseph Campbell
68. How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. – Anne Frank
69. The limits of the possible can only be defined by going beyond them into the impossible. – Arthur C. Clarke
70. How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. – Anne Frank
71. The limits of the possible can only be defined by going beyond them into the impossible. – Arthur C. Clarke
72. Keep your feet on the ground, but let your heart soar as high as it will. Refuse to be average or to surrender to the chill of your spiritual environment. – Arthur Helps
73. He’s not perfect. You aren’t either, and the two of you will never be perfect. But if he can make you laugh at least once, causes you to think twice, and if he admits to being human and making mistakes, hold onto him and give him the most you can. He isn’t going to quote poetry, he’s not thinking about you every moment, but he will give you a part of him that he knows you could break. Don’t hurt him, don’t change him, and don’t expect for more than he can give. Don’t analyze. Smile when he makes you happy, yell when he makes you mad, and miss him when he’s not there. Love hard when there is love to be had. Because perfect guys don’t exist, but there’s always one guy that is perfect for you. – Bob Marley
74. When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives mean the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand. The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares. – Henri J.M. Nouwen
75. You can’t live your life for other people. You’ve got to do what’s right for you, even if it hurts some people you love. – Nicholas Sparks
76. The pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty. – Winston Churchill
77. Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today. – Will Rogers
78. Everyone has inside them a piece of good news. The good news is you don’t know how great you can be. How much you can love! What you can accomplish! And what your potential is. – Anne Frank
79. Everything you need to accomplish your goals is already in you.
80. Sometimes the best thing you can do is not think, not wonder, not imagine, not obsess. Just breathe and have faith that everything will work out for the best.
81. Be gentle with yourself. You’re doing the best you can.
82. When you feel like you’re drowning in life, don’t worry – your lifeguard walks on water.
83. It is time for us all to stand and cheer for the doer, the achiever – the one who recognizes the challenges and does something about it. – Vince Lombardi
84. Never let a bad situation bring out the worst in you. Choose to stay positive and be the strong person that God created you to be.
85. You’re not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Just relax. Master the day. Then just keep doing that every day.
86. Sometimes when you are in a dark place you think you have been buried, but actually you have been planted.
87. It doesn’t matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.
88. Press on – nothing can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Perseverance and determination alone are omnipotent. – Calvin Coolidge
89. Often we women are risk averse. I needed the push. Now, more than ever, young women need more seasoned women to provide that encouragement, to take a risk, to go for it. Once a glass ceiling is broken, it stays broken. – Jennifer Grahnolm
90. Get going. Move forward. Aim High. Plan a takeoff. Don’t just sit on the runway and hope someone will come along and push the airplane. It simply won’t happen. Change your attitude and gain some altitude. Believe me, you’ll love it up here. – Donald Trump
91. This too shall pass. – Persian Sufi Poets
92. Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved. – Hellen Keller
93. Big jobs usually go to the men who prove their ability to outgrow small ones. – Ralph Emerson
94. The truly rich are those who enjoy what they have. – Yiddish Proverb
95. A problem is a chance for you to do your best. – Duke Ellington
96. The most important thing about getting somewhere is starting right where we are. – Bruce Barton
97. Every person is a book, each year a chapter. – Mark Twain
98. Your motivations are your own. You must master them if you want to do great work. – Brian Knapp
99. Dreams and goals should be just out of your present reach but not out of sight. Dreams and goals are coming attractions in your life. – Joseph Campbell
100. In essence, if we want to direct our lives, we must take control of our consistent actions. It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently. – Tony Robbins
101. Most of us, swimming against the tides of trouble the world knows nothing about, need only a bit of praise or encouragement – and we will make the goal. – Jerome Fleishman
102. It’s an incredible feeling to know you’ve helped change the world for the better, even in a small way. Do something that is greater than you. – James Fullerton
103. You can do what you have to do, and sometimes you can do it even better than you think you can. – Jimmy Carter
104. I read somewhere that if you pray for rain don’t complain about the mud. – Hyacinth Mottley
105. May there be a miracle in your life today and may you have the eyes to see it. – Veronica Hay
106. As your life changes, it takes time to recalibrate, to find your values again. You might also find that retirement is the time when you stretch out and find your potential. – Sid Miramontes
107. Did you ever notice how difficult it is to argue with someone who is not obsessed with being right? – Wayne Dyer
108. Your worth consists in what you are and not in what you have. – Thomas Edison
109. The generous will prosper; those who refresh others will themselves be refreshed. – Proverbs 11:25
110. When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it–always. – Mahatma Gandhi
111. I can’t give you a sure-fire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time. – Herbert Bayard Swope
112. Do what you feel in your heart to be right – for you’ll be criticized anyway. – Eleanor Roosevelt
113. Imagining the future is a kind of nostalgia. You spend your whole life stuck in the labyrinth, thinking about how you’ll escape it one day, and how awesome it will be, and imagining that future keeps you going, but you never do it. You just use the future to escape the present. – John Green
114. Do not read, as children do, to amuse yourself, or like the ambitious, for the purpose of instruction. No, read in order to live. – Gustave Flaubert
115. Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. – Margaret Mead
116. When you get to your wits end, you will find, God lives there.
117. I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious. – Albert Einstein
118. The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will. – Vince Lombardi
119. Money can buy happiness If you use it to help others.
120. Only a smile, only a word, only a kindness done. A brief exchange, a little light of love from one to one. – John McLeod
121. Those who are not looking for happiness are the most likely to find it, because those who are searching forget that the surest way to be happy is to seek happiness for others. – Martin Luther King Jr.
122. How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. – Anne Frank
123. The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing. – Henry Ford
124. Use what talent you possess – the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best. – Henry vanDyke
125. A man’s true wealth is the good he does in the world. – Kahlil Gibran
126. For Age is not alone of time, or we should never see men old and bent at forty and men young at seventy-three. – Edgar A. Guest
127. Whenever you find yourself doubting how far you can go, just remember how far you have come. Remember everything you have faced, all the battles you have won, and all the fears you have overcome.
128. The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched – they must be felt with the heart. – Helen Keller
129. Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship. – Buddha
130. The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today. – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
131. It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. – Aristotle
132. I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination. – Jimmy Dean
133. Put your heart, mind, and soul into even your smallest acts. This is the secret of success. – Swami Sivananda
134. Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present. – Jim Rohn
135. Start by doing what’s necessary; then do what’s possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible. – Francis of Assisi
136. Today I choose life. Every morning when I wake up I can choose joy, happiness, negativity, pain… To feel the freedom that comes from being able to continue to make mistakes and choices – today I choose to feel life, not to deny my humanity but embrace it. – Kevyn Aucoin