If you have been asked to be a matron of honor, you may wonder how to give a wedding speech. Many people are uncomfortable and terrified of public speaking, but don’t worry. In this article, we have listed numerous matron of honor speech examples you can choose from.
Matron Of Honor Speech Examples
1. When I look back on my wedding day, I can recount all the emotions that I felt. Ecstatic. Nervous. In love. I bet that [bride] has been experiencing her own set of emotions with the arrival of this important day. The wedding is always a big deal. You have to agree on a budget, a guest list, congratulations to the rest of you that made the cut by the way, and as the bride and groom, you really have to work as a team. You learn pretty quickly that you have to stay on the same page and learn how to compromise.
While the wedding is only the beginning, it is a preview into what the future for the marriage holds. And I have to say that [bride] and [groom.] Were a perfect team. [Bride] was never once a bridezilla, she was the most patient person in all of this. And [groom] was always so helpful and involved. This isn’t just [bride’s] special day, it’s his day as well.
2. As I’m sure you all know, weddings take a lot of planning and a lot of work. It takes a village, a small community of people, to make this special day happen. Throughout all of this, [bride] and [groom] have been a dream to work with. And they have the most wonderful, sweetest families. It is such a delight to see their families and friends come together to celebrate their special day, their first day as newlyweds. Whatever needed to be done, we all made sure that we did what we could to make this day a success. So many of you traveled far and wide just to be here and it shows just how much you love this beautiful couple. May [bride] and [groom] always find this wonderful support system in their family and friends as they continue this wonderful journey of marriage together.
3. Hello everyone, I am [bride’s] Matron of Honor. That of course means that I am married. One day [bride] asked me what it is like to be married. I told her the truth, that marriage is wonderful. It is the next great adventure with your best friend in the whole world. But it also takes work every single day. It is not enough to love someone. You have to be willing to fight for that love as well. And with [bride] and [groom], you know that they have fought together, to make the time for one another and to put each other first. To [bride] and [groom], I wish you both the best of luck on this amazing journey that is being husband and wife. To marriage!
4. There is a saying that you should never marry the one you can live with. Instead, you should marry the one person that you cannot live without. In that type of relationship, it is not enough to just like each other and get along. There has to be a fire, a deep love that is like a hunger for that one special person.
I found that person in my husband and I believe that [bride] and [groom] found that in each other. These two are inseparable. They are the cutest couple that I have ever seen and nothing makes them happier than being together.
5. Hello, I am [bride’s] Matron of Honor. Throughout all of the wedding planning, I have been helping her make this vision that is her wedding come to life, and along the way I have had some pieces of advice for her, both in wedding planning and for what comes after and what matters the most, which is the marriage itself.
I have told [bride] a lot of things. Never go to bed angry. Don’t forget to say “I love you” every day. I’m sure there are many other things I told her that I have since forgotten. This is my last piece of marriage advice to you: [groom,] don’t ever stop dating your wife and [bride,] don’t ever stop flirting with your husband.
6. As someone who has been married for a while now, I have quite a few opinions on the subject. I love my husband with all my heart, but of course we drive each other crazy sometimes. Sometimes the littlest things, like who ate the last cookie or who was supposed to take out the trash, can spark a heated row. But we would not have it any other way.
And [bride] and [groom,] you are going to have your disagreements over the years. You’ll have little habits that drive each other nuts sometimes. But you know that you wouldn’t trade your beloved for anyone else or anything else in this world. Because nobody can make your heart sing like your soul mate can. Remember that a successful marriage requires falling in love many times, and always with the same person.
7. I am [bride’s] matron of honor and I have known her for quite a while. I think she can tell you that when I met my husband and when we got married, we never left each other’s side. We always wanted to be together. That’s what it is to be in love.
While [bride] has been over the moon and beyond excited about getting married, I bet she has also wondered how becoming married might change things. How do you keep that fire from going out? They say that the highest happiness on Earth is marriage. And it really is true. When you are married to the love of your life, you can be the happiest that you have ever been. Some days it will take no effort at all. And on other days, you will both have to try hard to be patient and understanding.
Having a happy marriage requires effort on both sides in order for you to get the most out of it. If you can make that happen, then you will have a great life together. And with [bride] and [groom,] you can tell that when the two of them are in a room, everything around them fades away and is just background noise. I commend them for making this wonderful commitment to each other and I know that months, days, and decades from now, they will be in love with each other as much as they were on the day that they got married.
You may also enjoy our Maid of Honor Speech Examples.