The love between a mother and a daughter is unconditional. However, like in most relationships, it can get complicated at times. Sure, going to the salon for a total makeover, food escapades, watching movies, and other fun activities are precious moments to keep, but there are also those moments of disagreements and painful conversations that cannot be helped. In order to have a stronger mother and daughter relationship, both should focus more on loving and caring for each other. Your relationship plays a significant role on how you make each other’s lives better and how you deal with other people as well.
Some of the ways to build a great mother-daughter relationship is by focusing on your daughter’s strengths, letting her be unique, showing her what true respect is, and having realistic expectations. Helping her become her own person is also another way to provide guidance. Teach her to own her mistakes and find a way to make it right. Teaching and sharing real life lessons will help her survive and thrive no matter what life throws her way.
We prepared cute and sweet mother-daughter quotes that will not only bring a smile to your face but let you know the true meaning of a mother-daughter relationship at the same time.
Mother Daughter Quotes
1. A mother’s and daughters love is never separated. – Viola Shipman
2. The thing about mothers, I want to say, is that once the containment ends and one becomes two, you don’t always fit together so nicely. The living mother-daughter relationship, you learn over and over again, is a constant choice between adaptation and acceptance. – Kelly Corrigan
3. I’m blessed and I couldn’t be more grateful. Do you want to know why? Because I’m a mother, but that’s only half of it. I’m blessed because, when I need to, I can still just be a daughter. I get the feeling that there is nothing more precious than to have both of these roles, simultaneously. – Adrianna Stepiano
4. Daughter, I want you to forgive easily, laugh loudly and never allow yourself to become the invisible, silent woman that your mother was. Daughter, this is how we soften our hearts and become better human beings. – Diriye Osman
5. The more a daughter knows the details of her mother’s life, the stronger the daughter. – Anita Diamant
6. A daughter is a mother’s gender partner, her closest ally in the family confederacy, an extension of herself. And mothers are their daughters’ role model, their biological and emotional road map, the arbiter of all their relationships. – Victoria Secunda
7. Mother-daughter disagreements were, in hindsight, basically mother stating the truth and daughter taking her own sweet time coming around. – Barbara Delinsky
8. We mothers have a wonderfully precious and truly powerful role to play in the future self-images of our daughters. The truth is, the most effective way to inculcate in our daughters a fighting chance at lifelong, self-love and empowerment is not in the books we read to them, or the workshops we send them to, or the media we do or do not expose them to, or even the things we tell them, rather it is in the reflection of self-love and empowerment they see in us, their mothers. The model of our own empowerment gives our daughters permission to be powerful. – Melia Keeton-Digby
9. Mothers and daughters together are a powerful force to be reckoned with. – Melia Keeton-Digby
10. When I think of the exquisite love and sympathy which might be between a mother and daughter, I feel myself defrauded of a beautiful thing rightfully mine, in a world where for me such things are pitiably few. – Mary MacLane
11. I turn around, looking for my mother. It’s not that I don’t care about her. It’s just that our relationship is more complicated than the usual daughter-mother relationship. The rosy love I’m supposed to feel for her is slashed with black and splattered with various shades of gray. – Susan Ee
12. Her religious beliefs went first, for all she could ask of a god, or of immortality, was the gift of a place where daughters love their mothers; the other attributes of Heaven you could have for a song. – Thornton Wilder
13. We, mothers, are learning to mark our mothering success by our daughters’ lengthening flight.
14. A mother who radiates self-love and self-acceptance actually vaccinates her daughter against low self-esteem. – Naomi Wolf
15. As mothers and daughters, we are connected with one another. My mother is the bones of my spine, keeping me straight and true. She is my blood, making sure it runs rich and strong. She is the beating of my heart. I cannot now imagine a life without her. – Kristin Hannah
16. Mothers of daughters are daughters of mothers and have remained so, in circles joined to circles, since time began. – Signe Hammer
17. Mothers and daughters are closest, when daughters become mothers.
18. A busy mother makes slothful daughters. – Portuguese Proverb
19. Of course, mothers and daughters with strong personalities might see the world from very different points of view. – Katherine Howe
20. A daughter without her mother is a woman broken. It is a loss that turns to arthritis and settles deep into her bones. – Kristin Hannah
21. Mothers, look after your daughters, keep them near you, keep their confidence – that they may be true and faithful. – Elmina S. Taylor
22. I am not a perfect mother and I will never be. You are not a perfect daughter and you will never be. But put us together and we will be the best mother and daughter we would ever be. – Zoraida Pesante
23. Suddenly, through birthing a daughter, a woman finds herself face to face not only with an infant, a little girl, a woman-to-be, but also with her own unresolved conflicts from the past and her hopes and dreams for the future. As though experiencing an earthquake, mothers of daughters may find their lives shifted, their deep feelings unearthed, the balance struck in all relationships once again off kilter. – Elizabeth Debold and Idelisse Malave
24. A fluent tongue is the only thing a mother don’t like her daughter to resemble her in. – Richard Brinsley Sheridan
25. By the time you realize your mother was right, you have a daughter who thinks that you’re wrong. – Sada Malhotra
26. Mothers are urgently trying to tell something to their daughters, and this urgency is precisely what repels their daughters, forcing them to turn away. Mothers are left stranded, madly holding a lump of London clay, some grass, some white tubers, a dandelion, a fat worm passing the world through itself. – Zadie Smith
27. Mother and daughter got on very well indeed, with a deep affection founded on almost complete misunderstanding. – Mary Stewart
28. I’ve seen it before, what mothers and daughters can do to one another during those terrible adolescent years. Grief must be at the bottom of it, for what is sadder for a parent than seeing her daughter shedding girlhood drop by precious drop? And what is more terrifying for a child than to doubt her mother, to begin to see her as a human with faults instead of as a goddess? – Chantel Acevedo
29. Build yourself to be a woman that when your daughter sees you. She would know you as a woman who work for her goals. Set an example.
30. Good daughters make good mothers.
31. The woman who bore me is no longer alive, but I seem to be her daughter in increasingly profound ways.
32. What the daughter does, the mother did.
33. The mother-daughter relationship is the most complex.
34. Like Mother, like Daughter.
35. A mother’s treasure is her daughter.
36. Mothers sound so stupid when they praise their daughters to the skies. – Colette
37. The mother is only really the mistress of her daughter upon the condition of continually representing herself to her as a model of wisdom and type of perfection. – Alexandre Dumas Pere
38. Of all the haunting moments of motherhood, few rank with hearing your own words come out of your daughter’s mouth. – Victoria Secunda
39. Because mothers and daughters can affirm and enjoy their commonalities more readily, they are more likely to see how they might advance their individual interests in tandem, without one having to be sacrificed for the other. – Mary Field Belenky
40. My mom taught me a woman’s mind should be the most beautiful part of her. – Sonya Teclai
41. As long as a woman can look ten years younger than her own daughter, she is perfectly satisfied. – Oscar Wilde
42. There is nothing more powerful than a mother’s love for her daughter and there is nothing more healing than daughter’s gratitude.
43. Many people may be replaced in daughter’s life, but nobody can take the mother’s place.
44. A daughter will always be the closest person in the world for her mother because only she saw the heart of her mother from the inside.
45. Only in your eyes, I see kindness and love. Mom, you’re the best.
46. The biggest privilege in my life is to be a daughter of the prettiest, the kindest, wisest, the most patient and understanding woman on Earth. I love you, mommy.
47. I can be not the best daughter for you because I know how many troubles you’ve experienced with me. But I want to tell you that for me, you are the best mom ever.
48. If I’ve learned anything as a mom with a daughter who’s three, I’ve learned that you cannot judge the way another person is raising their kid. Everybody is just doing the best they can. It’s hard to be a mom. – Maggie Gyllenhaal
49. Mother and daughter like spoons in a drawer. – Maggie Stiefvater
50. Over the years, I learned so much from mom. She taught me about the importance of home and history and family and tradition. She also taught me that aging need not mean narrowing the scope of your activities and interests or a diminution of the great pleasures to be had in the everyday. – Martha Stewart
51. A mother is not a person to lean on, but a person to make leaning unnnesessary. – Dorothy C. Fisher
52. I would say that my mother is the single biggest role model in my life, but that term doesn’t seem to encompass enough when I use it about her. She was the love of my life. – Mindy Kaling
53. I grew up in a makeup chair. And to see the women around me getting ready was so aspirational. It’s about mothers and daughters, a girl watching her mom at a vanity table. – Drew Barrymore
54. One morning as I was leaving, the director said I didn’t have to leave the set anymore. What happened? Why did they change their ways of treating me? I came to the realization that it was because I had a mother. My mother spoke highly of me, and to me. But more important, whether they met her or simply heard about her, she was there with me. She had my back, supported me. This is the role of the mother, and in that visit, I really saw clearly, and for the first time, why a mother is really important. Not just because she feeds and also loves and cuddles and even mollycoddles a child, but because in an interesting and maybe an eerie and unworldly way, she stands in the gap. She stands between the unknown and the known. In Stockholm, my mother shed her protective love down around me and without knowing why people sensed that I had value. – Maya Angelou
55. Now, as always, the most automated appliance in a household is the mother. – Beverly Jones
56. I miss thee, my Mother! Thy image is still, the deepest impressed on my heart. – Eliza Cook
57. I love it when my daughter says I am a supermom.
58. From a little girl so very small, how and when did you get so tall? – Karen Mortensen
59. I solemnly swear to be the best mother I can be. But if someone messes with my daughter, I swear to be your worst nightmare come true. Just saying.
60. I don’t know how long we stand there holding each other. It could be ten minutes, an hour, or a day. All I know is that when I finally let go, I can breathe. I can rest. I can live knowing that my baby girl is happy. Knowing that she felt my love. – Cassia Leo
61. As a mother, I see the future in the present. Every little thing she does or says makes me form a hypothesis of how she will see life and treat others in 20 years. So I plan for how amazing she will be now. Instead of living my life I have to live hers. Some may not understand how important it is to be a parent. How present, efficient, selfless, and imaginative you must be. But I do. I only pray that this little face is stronger than I am and more successful for this world and the next. I chase her butterflies. She was created from scratch and presented as a gift from God. She will never roam free, unattended and unloved. – Kimberley Alecia Smith
62. I hope someday she meets just the right man and has babies – a whole passel of babies, more than I could have – so she understands how it kills me now that she won’t let me hug her when she’s in obvious distress. – Kristina Riggle
63. Because a mother’s love is forever, and so is a daughter’s. Tattooing is a great way of showing your affection, besides feeling your mom or daughter close to you forever.
64. Mom: Take these broken wings and learn to fly. Daughter: Take these sunken eyes and learn to see. Mom: You are my sunshine. Daughter: My only sunshine.
65. Daughter: Together forever, never apart. Mom: maybe in distance but never in heart.
66. The older I get, the more I see The power of that young woman, my mother. – Sharon Olds
67. But I guessed she would never stop wanting more for me, more from me. Maybe that’s what mothers did. – Kiera Cass
68. Yes, it’s quite amazing how I continue to shock my mother even after all these years together. – Eloisa James
69. My mother is a poem I’ll never be able to write, though everything I write
is a poem to my mother. – Sharon Doubiago
70. I cannot forget my mother. She is my bridge. When I needed to get across, she steadied herself long enough for me to run across safely. – Renita Weems
71. Any mother could perform the jobs of several air traffic controllers with ease. – Lisa Alther
72. I love my mother as the trees love water and sunshine. She helps me grow, prosper, and reach great heights. – Terri Guillemets
73. Someone once told me that when you give birth to a daughter, you’ve just met the person whose hand you’ll be holding the day you die. – Jodi Picoult
74. You were my home, Mother. I had no home but you. – Janet Fitch
75. The mother memories that are closest to my heart are the small gentle ones that I have carried over from the days of my childhood. They are not profound, but they have stayed with me through life, and when I am very old, they will still be near. – Margaret Sanger
76. ‘Help me, Mother,’ Peggy said, and tears came to her eyes as they always did when she spoke to her, because she would never get over the emptiness of a world that no longer held her mother. – Peggielene Bartels and Eleanor Herman
77. There is no velvet that is as soft as a mother’s lap.
78. Out of the corner of one eye, I could see my mother. Out of the corner of the other eye, I could see her shadow on the wall, cast there by the lamp light. It was a big and solid shadow, and it looked so much like my mother that I became frightened. For I could not be sure whether for the rest of my life I would be able to tell when it was really my mother and when it was really her shadow standing between me and the rest of the world. – Jamaica Kincaid
79. I miss saying ‘Mom’ out loud. I miss not being able to find that special card for you, and then having found it, writing ‘To Mom’ on it for yet another cherished Mother’s Day. – Millie P. Lorenz
80. I miss having you share the feelings that linger deep within my soul; there is emptiness there where you once were. I miss you saying, ‘ this is my daughter ‘ and the look of pride you held with each word spoken. – Millie P. Lorenz
81. When you are a mother, you are never alone in your thoughts. You know you’re a mom when you. Go to the store for yourself, and come out with bags full of things for your kids.
82. There will be so many times you feel like you’ve failed. But in the eyes, heart, and mind of your child, you are super mom.
83. The love between a mother and a daughter is forever.
84. I told my mom she was invading my personal space and she said I came out of her personal space.
85. My daughter is super amazing, and I’m the lucky one because I get to be her mom.
86. Call your mother. Tell her you love her. Remember, you’re the only person who knows what her heart sounds like from the inside.
87. Unlike the mother-son relationship, a daughter’s relationship with her mother is something akin to bungee diving. She can stake her claim in the outside world in what looks like total autonomy in some cases, even divorce her mother in a fiery exit from the family. But there is an invisible emotional cord that snaps her back. For always there is the memory of mother, whose judgments are so completely absorbed into the daughter’s identity that she may wonder where Mom leaves off and she begins. – Victoria Secunda
88. What do girls do who haven’t any mothers to help them through their troubles. – Louisa May Alcott
89. He that would the daughter win must with the mother first begin. – English Proverb
90. Mothers and daughters can stay very connected during teenage years. In the middle of your life, you can become very alone. Even though you’re connected deeply to other family members, lovers, husbands, friends. – Holly Hunter
91. When a mother quarrels with a daughter, she has a double dose of unhappiness hers from the conflict, and empathy with her daughter’s from the conflict with her. Throughout her life a mother retains this special need to maintain a good relationship with her daughter. – Terri Apter
92. To my daughter. Never forget that I love you. Life is filled with hard times and good times. Learn from everything you can. Be the woman I know you can be. Mom.
93. My daughter makes me laugh with her incredibly humorous take on the world. Everything makes her laugh, and I aspire to take in the world the same shoes she does.
94. It’s a special bond that spans the years. Through laughter, worry, smiles and tears. A sense of trust that can’t be broken, a depth of love sometimes unspoken. A life long friendship built on sharing. Hugs and kisses, warmth and caring. Mother and daughter their hearts as one. A link that can never be undone.
95. No matter how old she may be, sometimes a girl just needs her mom.
96. A daughter is a girl who eventually grows up to be her mom’s best friend.
97. The love between a mother and daughter is forever.
98. To my beautiful daughter, always remember: you are brave, you are capable, you are pretty, and you can accomplish anything your heart desires! I know this because I am your mother.
99. Every mother hopes that her daughter will marry a better man than she did, and is convinced that her son will never find a wife as good as his father did. – Martin Andersen-Nexö
100. The most precious jewels you’ll ever have around your neck are the arms of your children.
101. A mother is she who can take the place of all others, but whose place no one else can take.
102. A mother is like a flower. Each one is beautiful and unique.
103. If at first, you don’t succeed, try doing it the way mom told you in the beginning.
104. Mother (n): a person who does the work of many. For free.
105. Mothers have no idea how they’ll do it, but every single day it still gets done.
106. Many working moms have very little time for their daughters, but it’s incredible how many of them find a way to spend more time with their kids, in spite of their challenging lifestyle.
107. Mom – a title just above Queen.