Education plays an important role in achieving your dreams and goals in life. Whatever profession you choose, education will equip you with everything you need to know to successfully perform your duties and responsibilities as a professional. It opens up tons of opportunities from around the world as well. It’s unfortunate that a lot of people fail to secure their own degree because of different circumstances. Many will also give up and don’t continue their schooling anymore. It’s normal to feel like giving up sometimes, but you have to remember that the journey you’re taking right now is preparing you for a better tomorrow.
As a student, exams, and requirements can also become a pain in the head. You have to study, what seems to be, endless pages of thick books and competing with the best students in the class. It can be intimidating and embarrassing when you don’t get the grades you thought you were going to get. But you have to remember that you’re not the only one going through the same feelings. You just have to keep on going. Don’t let the disappointments and failures of the past affect your future. Look for inspiration and keep something that motivates you.
If you’re a student, these motivational quotes we compiled are perfect for you. May these quotes help you survive the toughest years of your student life and encourage you to never give up!
Motivational Quotes for Students
1. Follow your dreams, work hard, practice and persevere. Make sure you eat a variety of foods, get plenty of exercise and maintain a healthy lifestyle. – Sasha Cohen
2. You can never quit. Winners never quit, and quitters never win. – Ted Turner
3. If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much. – Jim Rohn
4. Always desire to learn something useful. – Sophocles
5. Believe you can and you’re halfway there.
6. You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them.
7. It always seems impossible until it’s done.
8. Don’t let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do. – John Wooden
9. Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can. – Arthur Ashe
10. Successful and unsuccessful people do not vary greatly in their abilities. They vary in their desires to reach their potential. – John Maxwell
11. The secret of success is to do the common things uncommonly well. – John D. Rockefeller
12. Good things come to people who wait, but better things come to those who go out and get them.
13. Strive for progress, not perfection.
14. I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have. – Thomas Jefferson
15. Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out. – Robert Collier
16. Don’t wish it were easier; wish you were better. – Jim Rohn
17. I don’t regret the things I’ve done. I regret the things I didn’t do when I had the chance.
18. There are two kinds of people in this world: those who want to get things done and those who don’t want to make mistakes. – John Maxwell
19. The secret to getting ahead is getting started.
20. You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.
21. The expert in everything was once a beginner.
22. There are no shortcuts to any place worth going. – Beverly Sills
23. Push yourself, because no one else is going to do it for you.
24. Some people dream of accomplishing great things. Others stay awake and make it happen.
25. There is no substitute for hard work. – Thomas Edison
26. The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little “extra.”
27. You don’t always get what you wish for; you get what you work for.
28. It’s not about how bad you want it. It’s about how hard you’re willing to work for it.
29. The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary. – Vidal Sassoon
30. There are no traffic jams on the extra mile. – Zig Ziglar
31. If people only knew how hard I’ve worked to gain my mastery, it wouldn’t seem so wonderful at all. – Michelangelo
32. If it’s important to you, you’ll find a way. If not, you’ll find an excuse.
33. Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michelangelo, Mother Teresea, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein. – H. Jackson Brown Jr.
34. The only way to learn mathematics is to do mathematics. – Paul Halmos
35. The journey is the reward. – Chinese Proverb
36. The best way to predict your future is to create it. – Abraham Lincoln
37. Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm. – Winston Churchill
38. Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do. – Pele
39. Studying whether there’s life on Mars or studying how the universe began, there’s something magical about pushing back the frontiers of knowledge. That’s something that is almost part of being human, and I’m certain that will continue. – Sally Ride
40. People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily. – Zig Ziglar
41. Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don’t really matter. – Francis Chan
42. Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone. – Pablo Picasso
43. No profit grows where is no pleasure ta’en. In brief, sir, study what you most affect. – William Shakespeare
44. No masterpiece was ever created by a lazy artist.
45. Learning is like rowing upstream, not to advance is to drop back. – Chinese Proverb
46. Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. – Albert Einstein
47. It is wiser to find out than to suppose. – Mark Twain
48. It doesn’t matter where you go and what you study, what matters most is what you share with yourself and the world. – Santosh Kalwar
49. Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower. – Steve Jobs
50. In my experience, there is only one motivation, and that is desire. No reasons or principle contain it or stand against it. – Jane Smiley
51. If you want to make a permanent change, stop focusing on the size of your problems and start focusing on the size of you. – T. Harv Eker
52. If you have a dream, you can spend a lifetime studying, planning, and getting ready for it. What you should be doing is getting started. – Drew Houston
53. If education were the same as information, the encyclopedias would be the greatest sages in the world. – Abhijit Naskar
54. I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have. – Thomas Jefferson
55. Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn. – C.S. Lewis
56. Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there. – Will Rogers
57. Education is what survives when what has been learned has been forgotten. – B. F. Skinner
58. Education enables the humans to achieve their fullest mental and physical potential in both personal and social life. – Abhijit Naskar
59. Do one thing every day that scares you.
60. Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking. – William Butler Yeats
61. Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it’s always your choice. – Wayne Dyer
62. Be a student as long as you still have something to learn, and this will mean all your life. – Henry L. Doherty
63. All progress takes place outside the comfort zone. – Michael John Bobak
64. Acquiring knowledge is the most fruitful effort. – Eraldo Banovac
65. In real life, there is no such thing as second place. Either you are a winner, or you’re not.
66. You’ve got to get up every morning with determination if you’re going to go to bed with satisfaction. – George Lorimer
67. You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it. – Margaret Thatcher
68. Without mathematics, there’s nothing you can do. Everything around you is mathematics. Everything around you is numbers. – Shakuntala Devi
69. Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. – Gandhi
70. Learning is not a spectator sport. – D. Blocher
71. I think, therefore I am. – René Descartes
72. Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn. – C.S. Lewis
73. The purpose of learning is growth, and our minds, unlike our bodies, can continue growing as long as we live. – Mortimer Adler
74. The best way to predict your future is to create it. – Abraham Lincoln
75. The journey is the reward. – Chinese Proverb
76. Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now. – Goethe
77. Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there. – Will Rogers
78. Learning is like rowing upstream, not to advance is to drop back. – Chinese Proverb
79. Be a student as long as you still have something to learn, and this will mean all your life. – Henry L. Doherty
80. We do what we have to so we can do what we want to. – James Farmer
81. Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value. – Albert Einstein
82. Trust because you are willing to accept the risk, not because it’s safe or certain.
83. To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe. – Marilyn Vos Savant
84. The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus. – Bruce Lee
85. The study of mathematics, like the Nile, begins in minuteness but ends in magnificence. – Charles Caleb Colton
86. The reason most people never reach their goals is that they don’t define them, or ever seriously consider them as believable or achievable. Winners can tell you where they are going, what they plan to do along the way, and who will be sharing the adventure with them. – Denis Watiley
87. Challenges are what make life interesting. Overcoming them is what makes life meaningful. – Joshua J. Marine
88. Life has two rules: 1.) Never quit. 2) Always remember Rule #1.
89. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. – Michael Jordan
90. I don’t measure a man’s success by how high he climbs, but how high he bounces when he hits the bottom. – George S. Patton
91. If you’re going through hell, keep going. – Winston Churchill
92. Don’t let your victories go to your head, or your failures go to your heart.
93. Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently. – Henry Ford
94. You don’t drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there. – Ed Cole
95. The difference between a stumbling block and a stepping-stone is how high you raise your foot.
96. The pain you feel today is the strength you will feel tomorrow. For every challenge encountered there is opportunity for growth.
97. It’s not going to be easy, but it’s going to be worth it.
98. If you hear a voice within you say ‘you cannot paint,’ then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced. – Vincent Van Gogh
99. Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. – Mark Twain
100. Your time is limited, don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma, which is living the result of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinion drowned your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition, they somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary. – Steve Jobs
101. When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us. – Alexander Graham Bell
102. If you don’t go after what you want, you’ll never have it. If you don’t ask, the answer is always no. If you don’t step forward, you’re always in the same place. – Nora Rober
103. Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle. – Christian D. Larson
104. We all can dance when we find music we love. – Giles Andreae
105. The more you give away the happier you become.
106. I think I can. I know I can.
107. It’s not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters. – Epictetus
108. Being kind is never wasted.
109. When you know better you do better. – Maya Angelou
110. You always pass failure on the way to success. – Mickey Rooney
111. Make each day your masterpiece. – John Wooden
112. Reach high, for stars lie hidden in your soul. Dream deep, for every dream precedes the goal. – Pamela Vaull Starr
113. No one is perfect – that’s why pencils have erasers. – Wolfgang Riebe
114. Never waste a minute thinking of anyone you don’t like. – Eisenhower
115. Only surround yourself with people who will lift you higher. – Oprah Winfrey
116. Why fit in when you were born to stand out? – Dr. Seuss
117. Never let the odds keep you from doing what you know in your heart you were meant to do. – H. Jackson Brown
118. There is a voice inside of you, that whispers all day long, I feel this is right for me, or I know that this is wrong.
119. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. – Dr. Seuss
120. The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go. – Dr. Seuss
121. Anything is possible. Anything can be. – Shel Silverstein
122. If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales. – Albert Einstein
123. You have to write the book that wants to be written. And if the book will be too difficult for grown-ups, then you write it for children. – Madeleine L’Engle
124. Children must be taught how to think, not what to think. – Margaret Mead
125. Winning doesn’t always mean being first. Winning means you’re doing better than you’ve done before. – Bonnie Blair
126. When you do the common things in life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world. – George Washington Carver
127. People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing — that’s why we recommend it daily. – Zig Ziglar
128. Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success. – Dale Carnegie
129. If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way. – Napoleon Hill
130. Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me. – Carol Burnett
131. With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts. – Eleanor Roosevelt
132. It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop. – Confucius
133. Well done is better than well said. – Benjamin Franklin
134. Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory. – George S. Patton
135. The secret of getting ahead is getting started. – Mark Twain
136. If you’re going through hell, keep going. – Winston Churchill
137. There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that’s your own self. – Aldous Huxley
138. When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on. – Franklin D. Roosevelt
139. By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail. – Benjamin Franklin
140. Things do not happen. Things are made to happen. – John F. Kennedy
141. Opportunity does not knock, it presents itself when you beat down the door. – Kyle Chandler
142. The will to succeed is important, but what’s more important is the will to prepare. – Bobby Knight
143. It is very important to know who you are. To make decisions. To show who you are. – Malala Yousafzai
144. Expect problems and eat them for breakfast. – Alfred A. Montapert
145. Pursue one great decisive aim with force and determination. – Carl von Clausewitz
146. Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does. – William James
147. Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. – Wayne Dyer
148. Never retreat. Never explain. Get it done and let them howl. – Benjamin Jowett
149. A goal is a dream with a deadline. – Napoleon Hill
150. March on. Do not tarry. To go forward is to move toward perfection. March on, and fear not the thorns, or the sharp stones on life’s path. – Khalil Gibran
151. Begin to be now what you will be hereafter. – William James
152. I am not a has-been. I am a will be. – Lauren Bacall
153. Set your sights high, the higher the better. Expect the most wonderful things to happen, not in the future but right now. Realize that nothing is too good. Allow absolutely nothing to hamper you or hold you up in any way. – Eileen Caddy
154. Good, better, best. Never let it rest. ‘Til your good is better and your better is best. – St. Jerome
155. Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough. – Og Mandino
156. You can’t cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water. – Rabindranath Tagore
157. Do your work with your whole heart, and you will succeed – there’s so little competition. – Elbert Hubbard
158. By learning you will teach; by teaching you will learn.
159. Worry less, smile more. Don’t regret, just learn and grow.
160. The struggle you’re in today is developing the strength you need for tomorrow.
161. If you are going to ask yourself life-changing questions, be sure to do something with the answers.
162. 90% of success is waking up every day with a little hope and motivation in your heart.
163. If it doesn’t challenge you, it doesn’t change you.
164. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence therefore is not an act but a habit. – Aristotle
165. Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence. – Helen Keller
166. The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power.
167. Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later. – Og Mandino
168. Do your best and God will do the rest.
169. If you can’t stop thinking about it, don’t stop working for it.
170. The question is not who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.
171. Don’t stop when you are tired. Stop when you are done.
172. Worry is a misuse of your imagination
173. Don’t expect to see a change if you don’t make one.
174. Don’t tell people your plans. Show them your results.
175. Don’t be afraid to fail. Be afraid not to try.
176. Discipline is doing what needs to be done, even if you don’t want to do it.
177. This is the year I will be stronger, braver, kinder, and unstoppable.
178. Stop doubting yourself, work hard, and make it happen.
179. One day? Or day one. You decide.
180. A positive attitude will lead to positive outcomes.
181. Stop being afraid of what could wrong and think of what could go right.
182. Set a goal what makes you want to jump out of bed in the morning.
183. You can only get better through action.
184. Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible. – Tony Robbins
185. Either move or be moved. – Ezra Pound
186. The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential: these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence. – Confucius
187. Look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see, and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. – Stephen Hawking
188. Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. – Thomas A. Edison
189. Without hard work, nothing grows but weeds. – Gordon B. Hinckley
190. If you’re going through hell, keep going. – Winston Churchill
191. The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. – Thomas Paine
192. One way to keep momentum going is to have constantly greater goals. – Michael Korda
193. If you think you can do it, you can. – John Burroughs
194. The will to succeed is important, but what’s more important is the will to prepare. – Bobby Knight
195. Arriving at one goal is the starting point to another. – John Dewey
196. In order to succeed, we must first believe that we can. – Nikos Kazantzakis
197. If you don’t like how things are, change it! You’re not a tree. – Jim Rohn