We live in a tough world. If you do not have enough courage and strength to overcome every challenge that comes your way, you will never get to where you want to go. It’s easy to feel defeated, disappointed, fearful, angry, and weak whenever things don’t go with your plan, but don’t give up. There is so much more than life has to offer; we won’t be able to make the most of it if we keep on giving up each time we try. As we take each of our own journey in life, we must always motivate ourselves to be better no matter how many times we fall. The only way for us to be successful is if we keep on looking at the brighter side of life and work hard towards achieving our goals.
Whether you are an entrepreneur, a leader, a manager, a boss or a hard-working employee, you must always recognize the fact that whatever you think and do matters. If you are aiming for success, it’s important to think of successful, inspirational, and motivational thoughts. Doing this will not only help you survive the hardships of life, it will also keep you away from thoughts that don’t give you any benefits at all.
Take a look at these motivational words and quotes we compiled just for you. May these words motivate you in whatever it is you want to achieve in life!
Motivational Words and Quotes
1. Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible. – Tony Robbins
2. Either move or be moved. – Ezra Pound
3. The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential: these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence. – Confucius
4. Look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see, and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. – Stephen Hawking
5. Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. – Thomas A. Edison
6. Without hard work, nothing grows but weeds. – Gordon B. Hinckley
7. If you’re going through hell, keep going. – Winston Churchill
8. Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. – Dalai Lama
9. If you fell down yesterday, stand up today. – H. G. Wells
10. Well done is better than well said. – Benjamin Franklin
11. There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that’s your own self. – Aldous Huxley
12. When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor. – Elon Musk
13. We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated. – Maya Angelou
14. Do the difficult things while they are easy and do the great things while they are small. A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step. – Lao Tzu
15. Aim for the moon. If you miss, you may hit a star. – W. Clement Stone
16. Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other. – Walter Elliot
17. Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can. – Arthur Ashe
18. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
19. Don’t watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going. – Sam Levenson
20. What you do today can improve all your tomorrows. – Ralph Marston
21. When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on. – Franklin D. Roosevelt
22. Never, never, never give up. – Winston Churchill
23. The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. – Walt Disney
24. What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals. – Zig Ziglar
25. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. Samuel Beckett
26. Consult not your fears but your hopes and your dreams. Think not about your frustrations, but about your unfulfilled potential. Concern yourself not with what you tried and failed in, but with what it is still possible for you to do. – Pope John XXIII
27. The key is to keep company only with people who uplift you, whose presence calls forth your best. – Epictetus
28. Either you run the day or the day runs you. – Jim Rohn
29. Beginning today, treat everyone you meet as if they were going to be dead by midnight. Extend to them all the care, kindness and understanding you can muster, and do it with no thought of any reward. Your life will never be the same again. – Og Mandino
30. The most effective way to do it, is to do it. – Amelia Earhart
31. Do you want to know who you are? Don’t ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you. – Thomas Jefferson
32. Either I will find a way, or I will make one. – Philip Sidney
33. By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail. – Benjamin Franklin
34. A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week. – George S. Patton
35. Things do not happen. Things are made to happen. – John F. Kennedy
36. You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream. – Les Brown
37. Opportunity does not knock, it presents itself when you beat down the door. – Kyle Chandler
38. Do your work with your whole heart, and you will succeed – there’s so little competition. – Elbert Hubbard
39. Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking. William – Butler Yeats
40. If you want to succeed you should strike out on new paths, rather than travel the worn paths of accepted success. – John D. Rockefeller
41. I am not afraid I was born to do this. – Joan of Arc
42. You are not here merely to make a living. You are here in order to enable the world to live more amply, with greater vision, with a finer spirit of hope and achievement. You are here to enrich the world, and you impoverish yourself if you forget the errand. – Woodrow Wilson
43. Every exit is an entry somewhere else. – Tom Stoppard
44. Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it’s always your choice. – Wayne Dyer
45. Be Impeccable With Your Word. Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid using the word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use the power of your word in the direction of truth and love. – Don Miguel Ruiz
46. The more man meditates upon good thoughts, the better will be his world and the world at large. – Confucius
47. Follow your inner moonlight; don’t hide the madness. – Allen Ginsberg
48. Motivation is the art of getting people to do what you want them to do because they want to do it. – Dwight D. Eisenhower
49. The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. – Thomas Paine
50. One way to keep momentum going is to have constantly greater goals. – Michael Korda
51. If you think you can do it, you can. – John Burroughs
52. The will to succeed is important, but what’s more important is the will to prepare. – Bobby Knight
53. Arriving at one goal is the starting point to another. – John Dewey
54. In order to succeed, we must first believe that we can. – Nikos Kazantzakis
55. If you don’t like how things are, change it! You’re not a tree. – Jim Rohn
56. Follow your dreams, work hard, practice and persevere. Make sure you eat a variety of foods, get plenty of exercise and maintain a healthy lifestyle. – Sasha Cohen
57. Perseverance is failing 19 times and succeeding the 20th. – Julie Andrews
58. Expect problems and eat them for breakfast. – Alfred A. Montapert
59. Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. – Wayne Dyer
60. You just can’t beat the person who never gives up. – Babe Ruth
61. You need to overcome the tug of people against you as you reach for high goals. – George S. Patton
62. The people who influence you are the people who believe in you. – Henry Drummond
63. There is no passion to be found playing small – in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living. – Nelson Mandela
64. No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings. – William Blake
65. I attribute my success to this – I never gave or took any excuse. – Florence Nightingale
66. Do something wonderful, people may imitate it. – Albert Schweitzer
67. Never give in and never give up. – Hubert H. Humphrey
68. I’d rather attempt to do something great and fail than to attempt to do nothing and succeed. – Robert H. Schuller
69. You simply have to put one foot in front of the other and keep going. Put blinders on and plow right ahead. – George Lucas
70. It is very important to know who you are. To make decisions. To show who you are. – Malala Yousafzai
71. Do the one thing you think you cannot do. Fail at it. Try again. Do better the second time. The only people who never tumble are those who never mount the high wire. This is your moment. Own it. – Oprah Winfrey
72. To be a good loser is to learn how to win. – Carl Sandburg
73. You can’t build a reputation on what you are going to do. – Henry Ford
74. Never complain and never explain. – Benjamin Disraeli
75. Learning is the beginning of wealth. Learning is the beginning of health. Learning is the beginning of spirituality. Searching and learning is where the miracle process all begins. – Jim Rohn
76. Even if you fall on your face, you’re still moving forward. – Victor Kiam
77. I learned that we can do anything, but we can’t do everything at least not at the same time. So think of your priorities not in terms of what activities you do, but when you do them. Timing is everything. – Dan Millman
78. To begin, begin. – William Wordsworth
79. March on. Do not tarry. To go forward is to move toward perfection. March on, and fear not the thorns, or the sharp stones on life’s path. – Khalil Gibran
80. You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else. Do not wait; the time will never be ‘just right.’ Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along. – George Herbert
81. You can never quit. Winners never quit, and quitters never win. – Ted Turner
82. If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much. – Jim Rohn
83. Always desire to learn something useful. – Sophocles
84. I know where I’m going and I know the truth, and I don’t have to be what you want me to be. I’m free to be what I want. – Muhammad Ali
85. There’s a way to do it better – find it. – Thomas A. Edison
86. A goal is a dream with a deadline. – Napoleon Hill
87. I think people who are creative are the luckiest people on earth. I know that there are no shortcuts, but you must keep your faith in something Greater than You, and keep doing what you love. Do what you love, and you will find the way to get it out to the world. – Judy Collins
88. We aim above the mark to hit the mark. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
89. Pursue one great decisive aim with force and determination. – Carl von Clausewitz
90. Don’t fight the problem, decide it. – George C. Marshall
91. It’s always too early to quit. – Norman Vincent Peale
92. Learn from the past, set vivid, detailed goals for the future, and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control: now. – Denis Waitley
93. You can’t wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. – Jack London
94. Be thine own palace, or the world’s thy jail. – John Donne
95. Be gentle to all and stern with yourself. – Saint Teresa of Avila
96. This is the year I will be stronger, braver, kinder, and unstoppable.
97. Stop doubting yourself, work hard, and make it happen.
98. One day? Or day one. You decide.
99. A positive attitude will lead to positive outcomes.
100. Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and think of what could go right.
101. Set a goal that makes you want to jump out of bed in the morning.
102. You can only get better through action.
103. Do it for the after selfie.
104. I would rather be covered in sweat at the gym than covered with clothes at the beach.
105. Don’t expect to see a change if you don’t make one.
106. Eating well is a form of self-respect.
107. Don’t tell people your plans. Show them your results.
108. Don’t be afraid to fail. Be afraid not to try.
109. Discipline is doing what needs to be done, even if you don’t want to do it.
110. Sometimes the best thing you can do is not think, not wonder, not imagine, not obsess. Just breathe and have faith that everything will work out for the best.
111. Be gentle with yourself. You’re doing the best you can.
112. When you feel like you’re drowning in life, don’t worry – your Lifeguard walks on water.
113. I’m so proud of you. I just wanted to tell you in case no one has.
114. Never let a bad situation bring out the worst in you. Choose to stay positive and be the strong person that God created you to be.
115. You’re not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Just relax. Master the day. Then just keep doing that every day.
116. Sometimes when you are in a dark place you think you have been buried, but actually you have been planted
117. It doesn’t matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.
118. Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. – Isaiah 41:10
119. Whenever you find yourself doubting how far you can go, just remember how far you have come. Remember everything you have faced, all the battles you have won, and all the fears you have overcome.
120. There’s something in you that the world needs.
121. In case you forgot to remind yourself this morning: Your butt is perfect. Your smile lights up the room. Your mind is insanely cool. You are way more than enough. And you are doing an amazing job at life.
122. Sometimes it takes an overwhelming breakdown to have an undeniable breakthrough.
123. A little progress everyday adds up to big results.
124. You are stronger than you know. More capable than you ever dreamed. And you are loved more than you could possibly imagine.
125. Beautiful girl you were made to do hard things. So believe in yourself.
126. You have been assigned this mountain to show others it can be moved.
127. Be a pineapple stand tall wear a crown and be sweet on the inside.
128. Look for something positive in each day even if some days you have to look a little harder.
129. Stop beating yourself up you are a work in progress, which means you get there a little at a time, not all at once.
130. A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success.
131. Often we women are risk averse. I needed the push. Now, more than ever, young women need more seasoned women to provide that encouragement, to take a risk, to go for it. Once a glass ceiling is broken, it stays broken. – Jennifer Grahnolm
132. Get going. Move forward. Aim High. Plan a takeoff. Don’t just sit on the runway and hope someone will come along and push the airplane. It simply won’t happen. Change your attitude and gain some altitude. Believe me, you’ll love it up here. – Donald Trump
133. I decided, very early on, just to accept life unconditionally; I never expected it to do anything special for me, yet I seemed to accomplish far more than I had ever hoped. Most of the time it just happened to me without my ever seeking it. – Audrey Hepburn
134. Fall seven times, stand up eight. – Japanese Proverb
135. It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves. – Edmund Hillary
136. Fortune knocks once, but misfortune has much more patience.
137. There is in every true woman’s heart a spark of heavenly fire, which lies dormant in the broad daylight of prosperity; but which kindles up, and beams and blazes in the dark hour of adversity. – Washington Irving
138. If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose,for this thing we call ‘failure’ is not the falling down, but the staying down. – Mary Pickford
139. It doesn’t matter how many say it cannot be done or how many people have tried it before; it’s important to realize that whatever you’re doing, it’s your first attempt at it. – Wally Amos
140. Never let the odds keep you from doing what you know in your heart you were meant to do. – H. Jackson Brown Jr.
141. If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces, never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again. – Flavia
142. I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love. – Mother Teresa
143. Somehow I can’t believe that there are any heights that can’t be scaled by a man who knows the secrets of making dreams come true. This special secret, it seems to me, can be summarized in four C s. They are curiosity, confidence, courage, and constancy, and the greatest of all is confidence. When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable. – Walt Disney
144. Why should you continue going after your dreams? Because seeing the look on the faces of the people who said you couldn’t will be priceless. – Kevin Ngo
145. If you want to achieve greatness stop asking for permission.
146. To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong.
147. Trust because you are willing to accept the risk, not because it’s safe or certain.
148. If you do what you always did, you will get what you always got.
149. Don’t raise your voice, improve your argument
150. No masterpiece was ever created by a lazy artist.
151. Do one thing every day that scares you.
152. What’s the point of being alive if you don’t at least try to do something remarkable.
153. Nothing in the world is more common than unsuccessful people with talent.
154. Knowledge is being aware of what you can do. Wisdom is knowing when not to do it.
155. Our problem isn’t the problem. Your reaction is the problem.
156. You can do anything, but not everything.
157. It’s not what you look at that matters, it’s what you see.
158. Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me. – Carol Burnett
159. Good, better, best. Never let it rest. ‘Til your good is better and your better is best. – St. Jerome
160. Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it. – Charles R. Swindoll
161. Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence. – Helen Keller
162. Change your life today. Don’t gamble on the future, act now, without delay. – Simone de Beauvoir
163. The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power.
164. With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts. – Eleanor Roosevelt
165. Infuse your life with action. Don’t wait for it to happen. Make it happen. Make your own future. Make your own hope. Make your own love. And whatever your beliefs, honor your creator, not by passively waiting for grace to come down from upon high, but by doing what you can to make grace happen yourself, right now, right down here on Earth. – Bradley Whitford
166. Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough. – Og Mandino
167. It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop. – Confucius
168. If you can dream it, you can do it. – Walt Disney
169. It always seems impossible until it’s done. – Nelson Mandela
170. A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. – Ayn Rand
171. You can’t cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water. – Rabindranath Tagore
172. Your talent is God’s gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God. – Leo Buscaglia
173. Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later. – Og Mandino
174. Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground. – Theodore Roosevelt
175. If you want to conquer fear, don’t sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy. – Dale Carnegie
176. Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines. – Robert H. Schuller
177. Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities. Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers, you cannot be successful or happy. – Norman Vincent Peale
178. The secret of getting ahead is getting started. – Mark Twain
179. Set your goals high, and don’t stop til you get there. – Bo Jackson
180. We should not give up and we should not allow the problem to defeat us. A. P. – J. Abdul Kalam
181. Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory. – George S. Patton
182. Quality is not an act, it is a habit. – Aristotle