Music plays a significant role in each of our lives. We do not have to be an expert in playing musical instruments or a great singer to appreciate music. It is somehow naturally engraved into our being. We will always love to create and listen to it because it interprets a lot of our emotions that are sometimes hard to express through conversations.
We are able to express our feelings so beautifully through it and make people understand our deepest thoughts without being quickly judged. It is so magical that we subconsciously began to bond with each other through it regardless of our cultural differences.
We usually see the extraordinary effect of music through crying babies. If you’re a parent, you probably use music to comfort your baby by singing a lullaby or by playing a nursery song on your television. Researchers also found that music actually affects both sides of the brain resulting to a better development of the child’s academic performance as well as their physical, emotional, and spiritual growth. For adults like us, it’s safe to say that we lean to music more because it helps us deal with our emotions. It is our way to communicate and provides us peace and calmness in the middle of chaos.
The following music quotes we are giving you are from people who understood the real meaning and the importance of music. They are also short stories about how they are able to live a much better life through music.
Inspirational Music Quotes
1. You’re like a song that I heard when I was a little kid but forgot I knew until I heard it again. – Maggie Stiefvater
2. Music is the universal language of mankind. – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
3. I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things. – Tom Waits
4. If I can’t dance to it, it’s not my revolution. – Emma Goldman
5. When you make music or write or create, it’s really your job to have mind-blowing, irresponsible, condomless sex with whatever idea it is you’re writing about at the time. – Lady Gaga
6. Who hears music, feels his solitude peopled at once. – Robert Browning
7. One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain. – Bob Marley
8. Where words fail, music speaks. – Hans Christian Andersen
9. If music be the food of love, play on. – William Shakespeare
10. Music is love, love is music, music is life, and I love my life. Thank you and good night. – A. J. McLean
11. Music is moonlight in the gloomy night of life. – Jean Paul
12. To me there is no picture so beautiful as smiling, bright-eyed, happy children; no music so sweet as their clear and ringing laughter. – P. T. Barnum
13. Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent. – Victor Hugo
14. Without music, life would be a mistake. – Friedrich Nietzsche
15. There is pleasure in the pathless woods, there is rapture in the lonely shore, there is society where none intrudes, by the deep sea, and music in its roar; I love not Man the less, but Nature more. – Lord Byron
16. Music is the greatest communication in the world. Even if people don’t understand the language that you’re singing in, they still know good music when they hear it. – Lou Rawls
17. Music can change the world because it can change people. – Bono
18. Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. – Plato
19. Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness. – Maya Angelou
20. Music in the soul can be heard by the universe. – Lao Tzu
21. There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. – Albert Schweitzer
22. Music is probably the only real magic I have encountered in my life. There’s not some trick involved with it. It’s pure and it’s real. It moves, it heals, it communicates and does all these incredible things. – Tom Petty
23. The true beauty of music is that it connects people. It carries a message, and we, the musicians, are the messengers. – Roy Ayers
24. Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music. – Ronald Reagan
25. Singing is my passion, my first love and the secret of my energy. Music to me is like finding my inner self, my soul. It gives me a great joy to see audiences enjoying with me. I have given my heart to singing. When I sing, I can feel romance in everything around me. – Kailash Kher
26. The human soul is hungry for beauty; we seek it everywhere – in landscape, music, art, clothes, furniture, gardening, companionship, love, religion, and in ourselves. No one would desire not to be beautiful. When we experience the beautiful, there is a sense of homecoming. – John O’Donohue
27. Some people ask the secret of our long marriage. We take time to go to a restaurant two times a week. A little candlelight, dinner, soft music and dancing. She goes Tuesdays, I go Fridays. – Henny Youngman
28. Sometimes, being different feels a lot like being alone. But with that being said, being true to that and being true to my standards and my way of doing things in my art and my music, everything that has made me feel very different. In the end, it has made me the happiest. – Lindsey Stirling
29. Music is the movement of sound to reach the soul for the education of its virtue. – Plato
30. Music, at its essence, is what gives us memories. And the longer a song has existed in our lives, the more memories we have of it. – Stevie Wonder
31. Music should strike fire from the heart of man, and bring tears from the eyes of a woman. – Ludwig van Beethoven
32. Next to the Word of God, the noble art of music is the greatest treasure in the world. – Martin Luther
33. Feelings aroused by the touch of someone’s hand, the sound of music, the smell of a flower, a beautiful sunset, a work of art, love, laughter, hope and faith – all work on both the unconscious and the conscious aspects of the self, and they have physiological consequences as well. – Bernie Siegel
34. If you are a chef, no matter how good a chef you are, it’s not good cooking for yourself; the joy is in cooking for others – it’s the same with music. – will.i.am
35. After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music. – Aldous Huxley
36. Words make you think a thought. Music makes you feel a feeling. A song makes you feel a thought. – E. Y. Harburg
37. Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. – Berthold Auerbach
38. Musicians don’t retire; they stop when there’s no more music in them. – Louis Armstrong
39. Without music, life is a journey through a desert. – Pat Conroy
40. Music is the strongest form of magic. – Marilyn Manson
41. Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life. – Ludwig van Beethoven
42. The world is full of poetry. The air is living with its spirit; and the waves dance to the music of its melodies, and sparkle in its brightness. – James Gates Percival
43. I think music in itself is healing. It’s an explosive expression of humanity. It’s something we are all touched by. No matter what culture we’re from, everyone loves music. – Billy Joel
44. If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away. – Henry David Thoreau
45. Complete strangers can stand silent next to each other in an elevator and not even look each other in the eye. But at a concert, those same strangers could find themselves dancing and singing together like best friends. That’s the power of music. – LZ Granderson
46. The dance can reveal everything mysterious that is hidden in music, and it has the additional merit of being human and palpable. Dancing is poetry with arms and legs. – Charles Baudelaire
47. If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away. – Henry David Thoreau
48. Music is the shorthand of emotion. – Leo Tolstoy
49. I’m not a pretty princess, and I’m aware of that, so I like music that is really intense, really bold, and characters that in a way almost have a dark side and are kind of evil because, for me, that’s when I feel my strongest and fiercest, when I’m not necessarily the good girl. – Ashley Wagner
50. Mathematics is the music of reason.
51. My music fights against the system that teaches to live and die. – Bob Marley
52. Mathematics is the music of reason. – James Joseph Sylvester
53. My personal hobbies are reading, listening to music, and silence. – Edith Sitwell
54. Music is an expression of individuality; it’s how you see the world. All art is, for that matter. You take how you experience the world, interpret it, and send it out there – express it – whether it’s sculpture, dance or singing. – David Sanborn
55. I enjoy being happy every day, and hopefully you can hear my happiness in my music. Life is beautiful. – Christina Milian
56. Rock and roll music, if you like it, if you feel it, you can’t help but move to it. That’s what happens to me. I can’t help it. – Elvis Presley
57. The best thing about being a DJ is making people happy. There is nothing like seeing people get up from a table to dance or the expression on their face when they hear a song they love. I also love to educate people on music they have never heard. – Chelsea Leyland
58. I will never forget experiencing Venice for the first time. It feels like you are transported to another time – the art, music, food and pure romance in the air is like no other place. – Elizabeth Berkley
59. I’m kind of a good girl – and I’m not. I’m a good girl because I really believe in love, integrity, and respect. I’m a bad girl because I like to tease. I know that I have sex appeal in my deck of cards. But I like to get people thinking. That’s what the stories in my music do. – Katy Perry
60. There is geometry in the humming of the strings, there is music in the spacing of the spheres. – Pythagoras
61. Music doesn’t lie. If there is something to be changed in this world, then it can only happen through music. – Jimi Hendrix
62. The world’s most famous and popular language is music. – Psy
63. Every man’s work, whether it be literature, or music or pictures or architecture or anything else, is always a portrait of himself. – Samuel Butler
64. Close friends contribute to our personal growth. They also contribute to our personal pleasure, making the music sound sweeter, the wine taste richer, the laughter ring louder because they are there. – Judith Viorst
65. There’s nothing better than live music. It’s raw energy, and raw energy feeds the soul. – Dhani Jones
66. Together with a culture of work, there must be a culture of leisure as gratification. To put it another way: people who work must take the time to relax, to be with their families, to enjoy themselves, read, listen to music, play a sport. – Pope Francis
67. Music is therapy. Music moves people. It connects people in ways that no other medium can. It pulls heart strings. It acts as medicine. – Macklemore
68. I’ve always liked depressing music because a lot of times, listening to it when you’re down can actually make you feel less depressed. Also, even though a person may have problems with depression, sometimes you can actually be kind of comfortable in that space because you know how to operate within it. – Chris Cornell
69. Sometimes I feel like rap music is almost the key to stopping racism. – Eminem
70. Music is a powerful tool in galvanizing people around an issue. There’s no better way to get your point across than to put it in a beautiful song. – Ed Sheeran
71. Music is not math. It’s science. You keep mixing the stuff up until it blows up on you, or it becomes this incredible potion. – Bruno Mars
72. I think the path is different for everybody. Go after the doors that are open to you. That has always been my motto getting into the music business. Do the things that seem to be good opportunities and work hard at it. Try to make good decisions and be nice. Hopefully all of that will pay off at some point. – Chris Stapleton
73. Food is one part of the experience. And it has to be somewhere between 50 to 60 percent of the dining experience. But the rest counts as well: The mood, the atmosphere, the music, the feeling, the design, the harmony between what you have on the plate and what surrounds the plate. – Alain Ducasse
74. Music is the voice that tells us that the human race is greater than it knows. – Napoleon Bonaparte
75. I try to apply colors like words that shape poems, like notes that shape music. – Joan Miro
76. I was raised in a very humble environment, and I was always taught to be humble to the things that are happening in my life because they’re blessings. They’re blessings in every way. Whether you’re able to help someone get through a tough time in their life through your music or through comedy, or whatever it is, you’re just a channel. – Justin Timberlake
77. What can a pencil do for all of us? Amazing things. It can write transcendent poetry, uplifting music, or life-changing equations; it can sketch the future, give life to untold beauty, and communicate the full-force of our love and aspirations. – Adam Braun
78. Jazz is smooth and cool. Jazz is rage. Jazz flows like water. Jazz never seems to begin or end. Jazz isn’t methodical, but jazz isn’t messy either. Jazz is a conversation, a give and take. Jazz is the connection and communication between musicians. Jazz is abandon. – Nat Wolff
79. Love is a friendship set to music. – Joseph Campbell
80. My music will go on forever. Maybe it’s a fool say that, but when me know facts I can say facts. My music will go on forever. – Bob Marley
81. The aim and final end of all music should be none other than the glory of God and the refreshment of the soul. – Johann Sebastian Bach
82. That’s the amazing thing about music: there’s a song for every emotion. Can you imagine a world with no music? It would suck. – Harry Styles
83. I call architecture frozen music. – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
84. In string theory, all particles are vibrations on a tiny rubber band; physics is the harmonies on the string; chemistry is the melodies we play on vibrating strings; the universe is a symphony of strings, and the ‘Mind of God’ is cosmic music resonating in 11-dimensional hyperspace. – Michio Kaku
85. I have been able to tap into all the negative things that can happen to me throughout my life by numbing myself to the pain so to speak and kind of being able to vent it through my music. – Chester Bennington
86. Teens think listening to music helps them concentrate. It doesn’t. It relieves them of the boredom that concentration on homework induces. – Marilyn vos Savant
87. Music is one of the most powerful things the world has to offer. No matter what race or religion or nationality or sexual orientation or gender that you are, it has the power to unite us. – Lady Gaga
88. If people take anything from my music, it should be motivation to know that anything is possible as long as you keep working at it and don’t back down. – Eminem
89. Music has healing power. It has the ability to take people out of themselves for a few hours. – Elton John
90. Look at a football field. It looks like a big movie screen. This is theatre. Football combines the strategy of chess. It’s part ballet. It’s part battleground, part playground. We clarify, amplify and glorify the game with our footage, the narration and that music, and in the end create an inspirational piece of footage. – Steve Sabol
91. Music is a safe kind of high. – Jimi Hendrix
92. A film is – or should be – more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what’s behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later. – Stanley Kubrick
93. I may be helping to bring harmony between people through my music. – Nat King Cole
94. Of emotions, of love, of breakup, of love and hate and death and dying, mama, apple pie, and the whole thing. It covers a lot of territory, country music does. – Johnny Cash
95. You are the music while the music lasts. – T. S. Eliot
96. When a singer truly feels and experiences what the music is all about, the words will automatically ring true. – Montserrat Caballe
97. Music is my life, it is a reflection of what I go through. – Lenny Kravitz
98. Music is the art of the prophets and the gift of God. – Martin Luther
99. I suffer from deep depression, so my only release is music. – Kevin Gates
100. Sometimes you’re gonna jump off a cliff and land flat on your face. Then you just get up and go again. But sometimes you dive off the cliff and start soaring with the eagles, and that’s when you find new music, places that you’ve never been before. – Butch Trucks
101. And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. – Friedrich Nietzsche
102. People haven’t always been there for me but music always has. – Taylor Swift
103. Some people have lives; some people have music. – John Green
104. If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music. – Albert Einstein
105. Where words leave off, music begins. – Heinrich Heine
106. If I had my life to live over again, I would have made a rule to read some poetry and listen to some music at least once every week. – Charles Darwin
107. The only truth is music. – Jack Kerouac
108. Why do beautiful songs make you sad?’ ‘Because they aren’t true.’ ‘Never?’ ‘Nothing is beautiful and true. – Jonathan Safran Foer
109. Behind every favorite song, there is an untold music.
110. The best lyrics are the ones that give you goose bumps or make you cry in public or help you realize the answers.
111. If I show you my music, the playlists that keep my heart beating and my outlook bright, I am sharing with you part of my deepest secret inner world and have found you worthy to peer into my very being.
112. Dear Music. Thanks for always clearing my head, healing my heart, and lifting my spirits. – Lori Deschene
113. Music is the prayer the heart sings.
114. Music is the answer, I don’t remember the question.
115. When in doubt, turn the music up.
116. A girl’s favorite songs will tell you more about how she feels than her lips ever will.
117. Music is what feelings sounds like.
118. The key to one’s heart is hidden in their playlist.
119. Sometimes music is all you need.
120. You call it demonic because you hear screaming, I call it lifesaving because I hear the meaning.
121. Each memory has a soundtrack of its own.
122. A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence. – Leopold Stokowski
123. I swear music puts me in another zone.
124. When it feels like the lyrics to the song you’re listening to were written just for you.
125. You can find me where the music meets the ocean.
126. The best feeling is getting lost in the music.
127. I will sing until the miracle comes.
128. Listen closely to the songs I play because the lyrics speak the words I fail to say.
129. Music can repair brain damage and returns lost memories.
130. Anybody with a good record collection will always be in love.
131. Music is the soundtrack of your life.
132. Today’s music got the same soul. I like that old time rock and roll.
133. Music in my veins is what keeps me sane.
134. I like my music so loud, I can’t hear my thoughts.
135. Finding old music you used to love is like getting back in touch with an old friend.
136. Music is basically the only thing that understands me.
137. Music is my escape from all bullshit in life.
138. Everything in the universe has a rhythm, everything dances. – Maya Angelou
139. Everybody has that point in their life where you hit a crossroads and you’ve had a bunch of bad days and there’s different ways you can deal with it and the way I dealt with it was I just turned completely to music. – Taylor Swift
140. Because when he sings…even the birds stop to listen. – Suzanne Collins
141. Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can’t. – Johnny Depp
142. My ambition was to live like music. – Mary Gaitskill