“Never give up!” This is the first phrase we hear from our friends and family whenever we’re going through something. It’s a phrase that everyone is familiar with. When we’re in a difficult situation, giving up is the first thing we think about because it just seems like it’s the easiest way out. Giving up means ending all the sorrow and pain once and for all. However, when we give up, we do not just give up on whatever it is that we’re trying to achieve, we’re giving up on ourselves too. We must view failure as a chance to learn and be better. We have to remember that behind every successful man in this world, are failures and mistakes that lead them to achieve their goals because they did not give up.
Life will never be perfect. We will always go through tough times and nothing is going to be enough. Once we understand this truth, we will learn to focus more on giving our best regardless of what the outcome is. We are not saying that you shouldn’t run after perfection. Of course, it would be wonderful if everything you do is going to be perfect! But the reality is, somewhere along the way there will be obstacles that will try to bring you down. The secret to living a successful and happy life is understanding reality but giving it all at the same time.
Never consider giving up as an option in whatever journey you’re taking right now. Keep on getting up no matter how many times you get knocked down. We collected never give up quotes from people who became who they are because they never gave up in life. We hope you won’t too!
Never Give Up Quotes
1. When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn. – Harriet Beecher Stowe
2. Survival can be summed up in three words – never give up. That’s the heart of it really. Just keep trying. – Bear Grylls
3. Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn. Harriet – Beecher Stowe
4. My mom has always been my support system. She taught me to never give up and to keep pursuing my passions no matter what. – Mandy Moore
5. There is no substitute for hard work. Never give up. Never stop believing. Never stop fighting. – Hope Hicks
6. Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than the one with all the facts. – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
7. Don’t quit. Never give up trying to build the world you can see, even if others can’t see it. Listen to your drum and your drum only. It’s the one that makes the sweetest sound. – Simon Sinek
8. On one hand, we know that everything happens for a reason, and there are no mistakes or coincidences. On the other hand, we learn that we can never give up, knowing that with the right tools and energy, we can reverse any decree or karma. So, which is it? Let the Light decide, or never give up? The answer is: both. – Yehuda Berg
9. Never give up on your dream because you never know what the Lord can bless you with. – Kelly Rowland
10. If you really believe in what you’re doing, work hard, take nothing personally and if something blocks one route, find another. Never give up. – Laurie Notaro
11. Your victory is right around the corner. Never give up. – Nicki Minaj
12. Never give in and never give up. – Hubert H. Humphrey
13. Never give up. Today is hard, tomorrow will be worse, but the day after tomorrow will be sunshine. – Jack Ma
14. Stay true to yourself, yet always be open to learn. Work hard, and never give up on your dreams, even when nobody else believes they can come true but you. These are not cliches but real tools you need no matter what you do in life to stay focused on your path. – Phillip Sweet
15. Never give up, and be confident in what you do. There may be tough times, but the difficulties which you face will make you more determined to achieve your objectives and to win against all the odds. – Marta
16. Never, never, never give up. – Winston Churchill
17. I will keep smiling, be positive and never give up! I will give 100 percent each time I play. These are always my goals and my attitude. – Yani Tseng
18.If you fall behind, run faster. Never give up, never surrender, and rise up against the odds. – Jesse Jackson
19. Never give up. You only get one life. Go for it. – Richard E. Grant
20. Never let your head hang down. Never give up and sit down and grieve. Find another way. And don’t pray when it rains if you don’t pray when the sun shines. – Richard M. Nixon
21. The secret of our success is that we never, never give up. – Wilma Mankiller
22. Never lose the childlike wonder. Show gratitude. Don’t complain; just work harder. Never give up. – Randy Pausch
23. Never give up, which is the lesson I learned from boxing. As soon as you learn to never give up, you have to learn the power and wisdom of unconditional surrender, and that one doesn’t cancel out the other; they just exist as contradictions. The wisdom of it comes as you get older. – Kris Kristofferson
24. I think what it takes to succeed remains the same. You have to have a real love of your sport to carry you through all the bad times, you still want to go ski even when things aren’t working. You must have a commitment to work hard and to never give up. – Nancy Greene
25. The one thing you’ve gotta do is that you need to always do the best you can do, no matter what the given situation, no matter what comes up against you. You do the best you can do, and you never give up. Never quit. – James Corden
26. A lot of people have their big dreams and get knocked down and don’t have things go their way. And you never give up hope, and you really just hold on to it. Hard work and perseverance. You just keep getting up and getting up, and then you get that breakthrough. – Robert Kraft
27. Never give up; for even rivers someday wash dams away. – Arthur Golden
28. The reason I never give up hope is because everything is so basically hopeless. – Anne Lamott
29. Never quit believing that you can develop in life. Never give up. Don’t deny the inward spirit that provides the drive to accomplish great things in life. – Jon Huntsman, Sr.
30. Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, face the facts. – Ruth Gordon
31. My greatest point is my persistence. I never give up in a match. However down I am, I fight until the last ball. My list of matches shows that I have turned a great many so-called irretrievable defeats into victories. – Bjorn Borg
32. I am a fighter. I never give up. – Caster Semenya
33. I never give up. Doesn’t matter what the score is. – Caroline Wozniacki
34. You should never give up your inner self. – Clint Eastwood
35. It seems to me we can never give up longing and wishing while we are thoroughly alive. There are certain things we feel to be beautiful and good, and we must hunger after them. – George Eliot
36. Be fearless. Be glib. Be enigmatic. Read. Never give up. – Lauren Kate
37. It was my father who taught us that an immigrant must work twice as hard as anybody else, that he must never give up. – Zinedine Zidane
38. Never give up on something you believe in. – Steve Scalise
39. Never give up, have the passion. Don’t be afraid. – Barbara Broccoli
40. I ran and ran and ran every day, and I acquired this sense of determination, this sense of spirit that I would never, never give up, no matter what else happened. – Wilma Rudolph
41. I want to be a role model. I want to be able to know that I inspired girls to work hard and go for their dreams and to never give up. – Laurie Hernandez
42. Whenever you have taken up work in hand, you must see it to the finish. That is the ultimate secret of success. Never, never, never give up. – Dada Vaswani
43. You learn from the things that happen in your career. You get up and down. You never give up. All the things that happened in my career, thank God it happened early rather than late in my career. – Pablo Sandoval
44. If you never give up, you’ll be successful. – Dan O’Brien
45. Some people can be president, some people can speak, some people, you know, anything that’s positive, man – a dentist, a doctor. Just hang in there and never give up, and find out what is your talent. First, you got to find your talent and just stick with your talent, and I guarantee you’ll get there, man. – Juicy J
46. I never made it to the school choir because the music teacher didn’t like my voice. I was pretty sad. But he was probably right; I did have a voice a bit like a goat, but my dad told me to never give up and to keep going, and it’s paid off. – Shakira
47. The will to never give up and to be fearless. That’s what I have. – Christina Milian
48. Work hard, be honest, help people, never give up, love your fellow man and woman, give back to society, and don’t ever discriminate. – Jesse White
49. When something really matters, you should never give up or give in. – Gordon Brown
50. I never give up when I encounter obstacles in my way. I just continue going until I reach my career objectives. – Henrikh Mkhitaryan
51. Seriously, I grew up a fan of Hulk Hogan, and I think I bring some of his best values to the ring the values of a superhero. Always do your best. Never give up I think kids want to believe in that, and they should believe in that. – John Cena
52. Whatever I might have imagined a terminal diagnosis would do to my spirit, it summoned quite the opposite – the greatest appreciation for life itself. So I will never give up, and I will never give in. – Craig Sager
53. There are no right and wrong ways to work in this business, but there are some basic common-sense practices. Work very, very hard and always be prepared; never give up; and once you get the job, give them more than they ever expected: – Shine. – Jimmy Smits
54. You just never give up, no matter how hard the challenges are, and observe this world with a healthy dose of criticism and don’t just follow the herd like somebody else might do. – Renny Harlin
55. Freedom and democracy are dreams you never give up. – Aung San Suu Kyi
56. Don’t ever give up. You gotta keep trying, and never give up. – Ryan Sheckler
57. My advice would be to follow your dream. Most of my life, I was in second place before I came in first place. I hope that inspired people to never give up. – Jackie Evancho
58. My parents taught me to never give up and to always believe that my future could be whatever I dreamt it to be. – Susana Martinez
59. I will never give up, and I will never give in. – Craig Sager
60. Never give up. And most importantly, be true to yourself. Write from your heart, in your own voice, and about what you believe in. – Louise Brown
61. Never give up. Laugh a lot. Be good to others. – James Dashner
62. I will never give up my dream of being a prima ballerina and backup dancer for Justin Timberlake. – Haley Webb
63. Write every day; never give up; it’s supposed to be difficult; try to find some pleasure and reward in the act of writing, because you can’t look for praise from editors, readers, or critics. In other words, tips that are much easier to give than to take. – J. R. Moehringer
64. I am quite a relaxed person out of the car, but in the car I am aggressive, I never give up, I fight to the end and I try 100% all the time. – Heikki Kovalainen
65. Never give up on anybody. – Hubert H. Humphrey
66. So it was a thing that my mother always taught me to go for your goals and never give up no matter what they are, and I started believing that later on in life. – Michael Clarke Duncan
67. I never give up hope. – Dean Ornish
68. I was very athletic when I was younger and I am a very competitive person, so I never give up. – Izabella Scorupco
69. I’ve always been very driven and knew that to get where I wanted to go, I could never give up. – Diane Hendricks
70. I was very athletic when I was younger and I am a very competitive person, so I never give up. – Izabella Scorupco
71. As aspiring athletes, you should never give up on your dreams. Just believe in yourself, and everything will be possible. – Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce
72. Having chosen something worth doing, never give up, and try not to let anyone down. – Harry Kroto
73. I’m very inspired by him-it was my father who taught us that an immigrant must work twice as hard as anybody else, that he must never give up. – Zinedine Zidane
74. Little kids who get picked on and bullied can relate to the Lucha Dragons, who are smaller, but they’re quick and exciting and never give up. – Dolph Ziggler
75. I could never give up Mexican food. Nachos are usually my go-to if I’m courtside at an NBA game. I always, always get my picture taken with my mouth wide open and a tortilla chip sticking out of it. – Eva Longoria
76. Like my parents taught me, never give up, and always love what you do. – Nathan Chen
77. I think that the way my parents raised me, they taught me to always follow my dreams and never give up, no matter what the obstacle. – Katie Stevens
78. My fastest time in high school was a 4:29 mile. I think cross-country has something to do with my longevity in my business. When you’re in an eight-mile race, you never give up. – Alice Cooper
79. One thing you can say about nuclear power: the people who believe it is the silver bullet for America’s energy problems never give up. – Jeff Goodell
80. I never give up on anything, because you come back around, and suddenly the thing you thought you’d never do is relevant. – Joss Whedon
81. I’ll never give up my Dior mascara. – Jessica Capshaw
82. One thing that was passed on from generation to generation in my family, over seven generations in 200 years, was never give up. That’s the way we live. – Nik Wallenda
83. I could never give up athletics. Running is what I will always do. Even if, maybe, the authorities could have stopped me from running in 2009, they could not have stopped me in the fields. I would have carried on with my running; it doesn’t matter. When I run I feel free, my mind is free. – Caster Semenya
84. Never give up your day job. I do all sorts of things, but at the end of the day, it all boils down to ‘The Today Show,’ and I love doing this thing, and they will have to blow me out of here with dynamite before I leave. – Al Roker
85. A lot of my snacks are healthy. I love things like hummus, carrots, and celery, but I will never give up potato chips. – Holly Marie Combs
86. I say to my father quite frequently that my success professionally is very much due to the guidance he gave me and to watching him in the business world. He really taught me to fight for what is right. He taught me to persevere and never give up. – Shari Redstone
87. Before you give up, think about why you held up for so long.
88. A true relationship is two unperfect people refusing to give up on each other.
89. Mistakes are a natural act, it is the proof that you are trying in place of giving up. So give some try in place of giving up.
90. To prove some people wrong, you should keep moving forward and never give up on yourself.
91. We are never defeated unless we give up on God.
92. A Person can fail many times, but they are not a failure until they gave up.
93. If you quit once, it becomes a habit. So never quit. Keep Going.
94. Your hardest times often lead to the greatest moments of your life. Keep going.
95. Tough situations build strong people in the end. – Roy T. Bennett
96. Do not fear failure but rather fear not trying. – Roy T. Bennett,
97. No. Don’t give up hope just yet. It’s the last thing to go. When you have lost hope, you have lost everything. And when you think all is lost, when all is dire and bleak, there is always hope. – Pittacus Lore
98. Don’t let mental blocks control you. Set yourself free. Confront your fear and turn the mental blocks into building blocks. – Roopleen
99. You may be the only person left who believes in you, but it’s enough. It takes just one star to pierce a universe of darkness. Never give up. – Richelle E. Goodrich
100. The world’s greatest achievers have been those who have always stayed focused on their goals and have been consistent in their efforts. – Roopleen
101. Do it again. Play it again. Sing it again. Read it again. Write it again. Sketch it again. Rehearse it again. Run it again. Try it again. Because again is practice, and practice is improvement, and improvement only leads to perfection. – Richelle E. Goodric
102. I actually learned that you should never give up, and if you love something, take courage and absolutely go after it. – Jessica Jung
103. To pursue anything, you’ve got to have fun with it and to just never give up on it. – Kaetlyn Osmond
104. Nothing ever gets settled in this town. a seething debating society in which the debate never stops, in which people never give up, including me. And so that’s the atmosphere in which you administer. – George P. Shultz
105. I have two pairs of stretchy maternity leggings and jeans, which I will never give up, because once you experience an elastic band for a waist, you will never go back. – Daphne Oz
106. Let me tell you a little secret: There are no bad actors. There are none. You have to find the right role. I never give up on people. For God’s sake, look at me. – Geneva Carr
107. I’m always striving to lose weight. And it’s not a matter of wanting to be a size 3 again – I brought out my leotards, and a friend thought they were doll clothes. Being heavy isn’t good for you. How long can your heart take the strain? So, I never give up, but it’s hard. – Liz Torres
108. My advice for upcoming actors is to never give up. If it’s in you, keep following your dream no matter what. Perseverance is the key. – Chad Lindberg
109. Not to give up under any circumstances should be the motto of our life: we shall try again and again, and we are bound to succeed. There will be obstacles, but we have to defy them. So do not give up, do not give up! Continue, continue! The goal is ahead of you. If you do not give up, you are bound to reach your destined goal. – Sri Chinmoy,
110. Perhaps you are just close to what you have been waiting for all along and ideas start formulating in your mind and advising you to “give up”. Tell them “not me”. – Israelmore Ayivor
111. Be strong, things will get better. It might be stormy now, but rain doesn’t last forever.
112. Small minds can’t comprehend big spirits. To be great, you have to be willing to be mocked, hated and misunderstood. Stay strong.
113. Stay strong, keep them wondering how you’re still smiling.
114. Remember that guy that gave up? Well, neither does anybody else.
115. You can’t start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one.
116. The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking places. Don’t stop.
117. Nobody trips over mountains. It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble. Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you have crossed the mountain.
118. Anyone can give up, it’s the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that’s true strength.
119. If you find yourself constantly trying to prove your worth to someone, you have already forgotten your value.
120. Running away from your problems is a race you’ll never win. Face them head on, knowing there will be brighter days.
121. Sometimes the best thing you can do is not think, not wonder and not obsess. Just breathe and have faith that everything will work out for the best.
122. When you are fired because of laziness, dare to fire back with the spirit of enthusiasm. Rise up at the same time and at the same place that you have fallen. You can’t give up. – Israelmore Ayivor
123. Try again; you have millions of alternatives. Fill yourself with the bullets of hope and you will kill failure with one shot. – Israelmore Ayivor
124. You require a certain amount of insanity to make your dreams come true. – Gaurav Atulkumar Singh
125. Let them ridicule you, laugh at you, hurt you & ignore you but never let them stop you. – Apoorve Dubey
126. As you fight any war, sometimes the result may be defeat. Learn to be heroic even in your defeats. – Bangambiki Habyarimana
127. Make it a quest to never give up even when the dots seem as if they are difficult to connect. – Charlena Jackson
128. If you persist in doing what everyone feels you can’t do, they’ll soon see your success and ask “how did you do it?” – Israelmore Ayivor
129. Never give up on something you really want. It’s difficult to wait, but more difficult to regret.
130. You were given this life because you are strong enough to live it.