As soon as the clock turns 12 am, New Year has officially begun and the world celebrates it by partying, drinking, family get-togethers, fireworks, and delicious New Year’s eve food. We believe that as one year ends, another year begins; new life and new chances.
Looking back at the previous year, we reflect on the things we did wrong and those we’ve done right. We assess ourselves in the past and decide to do better forward. This celebration became an important part of everyone’s lives and has been a great way to encourage people to work hard for a brighter future.
Most of us impose a New Year’s resolution for ourselves as well. It serves, as a rule, to change our bad behaviors in the previous year such as not getting drunk that much anymore, getting on a healthier diet, traveling more, performing better in school, and so on and so forth.
A new year motivates us to work hard in achieving our personal goals throughout the year. Although not everyone gets to actually do their resolutions, it’s still great for us to acknowledge the areas we’re lacking in and what needs development instead of just ignoring them. It’s not going to be easy, but with the right determination, it is not impossible to achieve.
We prepared a compilation of New Year’s quotes for you to read just in case you need a motivation for getting everything right this year.
Happy New Year’s Quotes and Sayings
1. Every 10 years you literally become a new person. Our desires, wants, and needs change every 10 years.
2. This is the year I will be stronger, braver, kinder and unstoppable. This year I will be fierce.
3. God has something great in your future. – Isaiah 43:19
4. I’ve already decided 2018 is going to be ridiculously amazing.
5. I am just striving to be more than I have ever been.
6. May the next few months be a period of a beautiful transformation.
7. What if you simply devoted this year to loving yourself more?
8. Whatever happened over the past year, be thankful for where it brought you. Where you are is where you’re meant to be.
9. I trust the next chapter because I know the author.
10. One day or day one. You decide.
11. Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
12. I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes. Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You’re doing things you’ve never done before, and more importantly, you’re doing something. – Neil Gaiman
13. Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right. – Oprah Winfrey
14. And now we welcome the new year. Full of things that have never been. – Rainer Maria Rilke
15. New Year’s Day. A fresh start. A new chapter in life waiting to be written. New questions to be asked, embraced, and loved. Answers to be discovered and then lived in this transformative year of delight and self-discovery. Today carve out a quiet interlude for yourself in which to dream, pen in hand. Only dreams give birth to change. – Sarah Ban Breathnach
16. Your success and happiness lie in you. Resolve to keep happy, and your joy and you shall form an invincible host against difficulties. – Helen Keller
17. Hope smiles from the threshold of the year to come, whispering, ‘It will be happier.’ – Alfred Lord Tennyson
18. The new year stands before us, like a chapter in a book, waiting to be written. We can help write that story by setting goals. – Melody Beattie
19. Fir, t you take a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes you. – F. Scott Fitzgerald
20. Take a leap of faith and begin this wondrous new year by believing. Believe in yourself. And believe that there is a loving Source – a Sower of Dreams – just waiting to be asked to help you make your dreams come true. – Sarah Ban Breathnach
21. If you asked me for my New Year Resolution, it would be to find out who I am. – Cyril Cusack Year
22. New Year Ring out the false, ring in the true. – Alfred Lord Tennyson
23. What I like to drink most is the wine that belongs to others. – Diogenes
24. Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better man. – Benjamin Franklin
25. I hope we shall drink down all unkindness. – William Shakespeare
26. Every time you tear a leaf off a calendar, you present a new place for new ideas and progress. – Charles Kettering
27. Year’s end is neither an end nor a beginning but a going on, with all the wisdom that experience can instill in us. – Hal Borland
28. Let our New Year’s resolution be this: we will be there for one another as fellow members of humanity, in the finest sense of the word. – Goran Persson
29. Character is the ability to carry out a good resolution long after the excitement of the moment has passed. – Cavett Robert
30. Sometimes too much to drink is barely enough. – Mark Twain
31. My New Year’s resolution is to stick to a good workout plan that will keep me healthy and happy. – James Lafferty
32. At a dinner party, one should eat wisely but not too well, and talk well but not too wisely. – W. Somerset Maugham
33. I know. I’m lazy. But I made myself a New Year’s resolution that I would write myself something really special. Which means I have ’til December, right? – Catherine O’Hara
34. I never worry about being driven to drink; I just worry about being driven home. – W. C. Fields
35. I doubt if you can have a truly wild party without liquor. – Carl Sandburg
36. I think in terms of the day’s resolutions, not the years’. – Henry Moore
37. Make New Year’s goals. Dig within, and discover what you would like to have happen in your life this year. This helps you do your part. It is an affirmation that you’re interested in fully living life in the year to come. – Melody Beattie
38. The object of a New Year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul and a new nose; new feet, a new backbone, new ears, and new eyes. Unless a particular man made New Year resolutions, he would make no resolutions. Unless a man starts afresh about things, he will certainly do nothing effective. – Gilbert K. Chesterton
39. New Year’s Resolution: To tolerate fools more gladly, provided this does not encourage them to take up more of my time. – James Agate
40. Accept what people offer. Drink their milkshakes. Take their love. Wally Lamb
41. I have no way of knowing how people really feel, but the vast majority of those I meet couldn’t be nicer. Every once in a while someone barks at me. My New Year’s resolution is not to bark back. – Tucker Carlson
42. Each age has deemed the new-born year the fittest time for festal cheer. – Walter Scott
43. I had a New Year’s kiss once. But it was like, ‘Let’s start the year off together,’ and then we wound up breaking up the night after! – Joe Jonas
44. Deep breaths are very helpful at shallow parties. – Barbara Walters
45. Each age has deemed the new-born year the fittest time for festal cheer. – Walter Scott
46. A year from now, you’re gonna weigh more or less than what you do right now. – Phil McGraw
47. I’ve had some lovely extraordinary experiences on New Year’s Eve. – Debbie Harry
48. Strange to see how a good dinner and feasting reconciles everybody. – Samuel Pepys
49. Good parties create a temporary youthfulness. – Mason Cooley
50. What is there more kindly than the feeling between host and guest? – Aeschylus
51. To be an ideal guest, stay at home. – E. W. Howe
52. Those who gave thee a body, furnished it with weakness; but He who gave thee Soul, armed thee with resolution. Employ it, and thou art wise; be wise and thou art happy. – Akhenaton
53. To have the kind of year you want to have, something has to happen that you can’t explain why it happened. Something has to happen that you can’t coach. – Bobby Bowden
54. My New Year’s Resolution List usually starts with the desire to lose between ten and three thousand pounds. – Nia Vardalos
55. I don’t even drink! I can’t stand the taste of alcohol. Every New Year’s Eve I try one drink and every time it makes me feel sick. So I don’t touch booze – I’m always the designated driver. – Kim Kardashian
56. Going to a party, for me, is as much a learning experience as, you know, sitting in a lecture. – Natalie Portman
57. And suns grow meek, and the meek suns grow brief, and the year smiles as it draws near its death. – William C. Bryant
58. Dinner was made for eating, not for talking. – William Makepeace Thackeray
59. If you are young and you drink a great deal it will spoil your health, slow your mind, make you fat – in other words, turn you into an adult. – P. J. O’Rourke
60. I like to go to parties where I know everyone. How are you going to have fun with people you don’t know? – Mary-Kate Olsen
61. Dick Clark will be truly missed. We will carry on his legacy every New Year’s Eve. – Fergie
62. My parents used to throw great New Year’s Eve parties. They invited such an eclectic mix of showbiz people. All those cool people were always hanging out at our apartment. – Ben Stiller
63. Hope Smiles from the threshold of the year to come, whispering ‘it will be happier’. – Alfred Tennyson
64. For last year’s words belong to last year’s language. And next year’s words await another voice. – T.S. Eliot,
65. Tomorrow is the first blank page of a 365 page book. Write a good one. – Brad Paisley
66. As long as I am breathing, in my eyes, I am just beginning. – Criss Jami, Killosophy
67. We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year’s Day. – Edith Lovejoy Pierce
68. May the New Year bring you courage to break your resolutions early! My own plan is to swear off every kind of virtue, so that I triumph even when I fall! – Aleister Crowley,
69. I would say happy new year but it’s not happy; it’s exactly the same as last year except colder. – Robert Clark
70. The object of a New Year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul and a new nose; new feet, a new backbone, new ears, and new eyes. Unless a particular man made New Year resolutions, he would make no resolutions. Unless a man starts afresh about things, he will certainly do nothing effective. – G.K. Chesterton
71. We spend January 1st walking through our lives, room by room, drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched. Maybe this year, to balance the list, we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives not looking for flaws, but for potential. – Ellen Goodman
72. Each age has deemed the new-born year. The fittest time for festal cheer. – Walter Scott
73. Each New Year, we have before us a brand new book containing 365 blank pages. Let us fill them with all the forgotten things from last year—the words we forgot to say, the love we forgot to show, and the charity we forgot to offer. – Peggy Toney Horton
74. This is the new year the new you. You can pass through another year, coasting on cruise control. Or you can step out of your comfort zone, trying things you have never done before, & make 2012 as the year that you elevate from where you are & soar high. Make it happen! – Pablo
75. The object of a New Year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul and a new nose; new feet, a new backbone, new ears, and new eyes. – G.K. Chesterton
76. In the New Year, never forget to thank to your past years because they enable you to reach today! Without the stairs of the past, you cannot arrive at the future. – Mehmet Murat Ildan
77. As the old year retires and a new one is born, we commit into the hands of our Creator the happenings of the past year and ask for direction and guidance in the new one. May He grant us His grace, His tranquility and His wisdom! – Peggy Toney Horton
78. What do you need in the New Year? You need a dream; your dream needs an action; and your action needs right thinking! Without right thinking, you can have only unrealized dreams! – Mehmet Murat Ildan
79. The kind of new beginnings that transform our lives are less about what we do in our lives, and more about what we deliver into the life of another. – Craig D. Lounsbrough
80. Well, we have a whole new year ahead of us. And wouldn’t it be wonderful if we could all be a little more gentle with each other, a little more loving, and have a little more empathy, and maybe, next year at this time we’d like each other a little more. – Judy Garland
81. The magic in new beginnings is truly the most powerful of them all. – Josiyah Martin
82. No brooding over old worries, let’s start a new series. Forget about all the negativities, think of new possibilities. Here to conquering a new frontier, that’s all I wish in the upcoming new year. – Shon Mehta
83. There will be no New Year for those who keep living in the older years! If you really want to enter a new year, shot all the doors behind you and stick yourself to the New Year where everything is ready for you to be designed by you! Every man is an artist and every artist has the power to create infinite things; just be in the present time and design your life! No man can design his life by being in the past because present time is the only studio we can do our work! – Mehmet Murat ildan
84. I would like to say that what I fear are the challenges that stand in front of me, when in reality what I fear is the cowardice that lays within me. – Craig D. Lounsbrough
85. Reach forward to what lies ahead. – Lailah Gifty Akita
86. Although I too often see myself as powerless, the fact is the New Year is what I make it. And whatever I make it is what it makes me. – Craig D. Lounsbrough
87. Enter this new year with a gratitude for this new chance to create your dreams. – Avina Celeste
88. On New Year’s Eve the whole world celebrates the fact that a date changes.
89. Let us celebrate the dates on which we change the world. – Akilnathan Logeswaran
90. As the year passes, what else besides age have we achieved? – Anthony T.Hincks
91. Forget not the past. The past prepares us for the present. The present equipped us for the future. – Lailah Gifty Akita
92. Life is such that beginnings and endings are neither. For in fact, they perpetually lay the groundwork for the other. – Craig D. Lounsbrough
93. Let all the failures of your past year be your best guide in the New Year! – Mehmet Murat ildan
94. Let’s start a new slate, let’s look for the rainbow in every cloud and let’s be more humane and selfless, let us become more philanthropic- that’s my wish for the New Year. – Charmaine J Forde
95. The newness of this day is divine. – Lailah Gifty Akita
96. To succeed in the new year, you have to set your priority right, pursue your goals with zeal and do away with procrastination. – Bamigboye Olurotimi
97. Harvest is real, but be wise to show what you will love to reap in the new year, because your day of harvest is fast approaching. – Bamigboye Olurotimi
98. Liberation is a constant struggle. And this is a new year. – Pearl Cleage
99. We always welcome in the New Year with the same old weary promises. – Anthony T. Hincks
100. In the midst of the dawn of sunshine, armed with faith and hope, we enter the splendid and bright New Year. – David Benedict Zumbo
101. A new year always comes with a new hope for a new beginning, but new beginning is not only starting something new, it is more about improving upon things not going right or went wrong last year. After all, it is a just a new date, the journey continues! – Shahenshah Hafeez Khan
102. Dear world, I am excited to be alive in you, and I am thankful for another year. – Charlotte Eriksson
103. The departure of a year welcomes so many new memories. – Munia Khan
104. There is nothing magical about the flip of the calendar, but it represents a clean break, a new hope, and a blank canvas. – Jason Soroski
105. Cutting out drama. A healthy mind and body choices. Intent followed by action. Keeping real friends and letting go of the pretends. Livin’ clean for Twenty Seventeen! – Steve Maraboli
106. Rather than see aging as a reason to contract, we should view it as an opportunity to expand. We should make each year of our lives are more interesting than the one before. – Srinivas Rao
107. New year, new blessing, new grace and new opportunities, never allow the failures of the past to rub you of the blessings in the new year. – Bamigboye Olurotimi
108. An exceptional future can only be built on the transformation of the mess I’ve made out of my past, not the elimination of that mess. – Craig D. Lounsbrough
109. As the last curtain falls on a spent year, a new year pirouettes to center stage with the elegance and charm of a prima ballerina – and delivers the promise of peace, hope, love and joy. – Peggy Toney Horton
110. This year has taught me the simple craft of belief. I believe in the things I’ve nurtured and built this year. Slowly but carefully. Such as understanding, knowledge, passion, strength; the hundreds of songs I’ve written, the 365 poems, the books I’ve read and the miles I’ve run. The resolution to breathe, to meditate, to not harm my mind or body even when I’ve felt like it. – Charlotte Eriksson
111. Many years ago, I made a New Year’s resolution to never make New Year’s resolutions. Hell, it’s been the only resolution I’ve ever kept! – D.S. Mixell
112. You can never make this New Year as your best year because your best year is always the year you were born! When the fireworks start, be thankful for your existence and for everything which made this possible! – Mehmet Murat ildan
113. Birthplace of a new year is in the heart of hope. – Munia Khan
114. As you prepare to usher in the New Year and bid adieu to this one, I suggest live a life that gives your soul bliss. – Latika Teotia
115. Remove ‘shoulds’ from your vocabulary this year. Start your journey of self-love now. – Kelly Martin
116. When you see a new year, see realities and limit fantasies! – Ernest Agyemang Yeboah
117. Let me tell you what to forget in the New Year: Forget about the luck; concentrate on the insistent and conscious effort! – Mehmet Murat ildan
118. New Year is the other name of a dreamful future. – Munia Khan
119. The oldest tree on earth has seen 5067 New Year; the oldest man, only 122 New Year! Can you see how limited number of New Year’s you have? And when something is very limited, it is damn precious! – Mehmet Murat ildan
120. Nothing is as good as coming into the new year with zeal, hope and positive mind. – Bamigboye Olurotimi
121. Treat every day like it’s a new year because it is. – TemitOpe Ibrahim
122. Don’t be the same. Be better.
123. New Year, new feels, new chances, same dreams, fresh start.
124. This year, recognize your uniqueness. Offer your support to someone who needs it. Keep going. Focus on love, forgiveness and peace. Keep growing. Steer clear of people and things that wound you. See the love around you. Strive to be happy. Speak and be heard. Support what is right.
125. Wishing you peace, love and laughter in the new year.
126. Say yes to new adventures!
127. So I close my eyes to old ends. And open my heart to new beginnings.
128. And suddenly you know, it’s time to start something new and trust the magic of beginnings.
129. I refuse to step into 2018 with 2017 problems.
130. A year from now you will wish you had started today.
131. This is your year to sparkle.
132. Dear past, thanks for all the lessons. Dear future, I am ready.
133. Our hope is not in the New Year, but in the one who makes all things new.
134. I’ve learned a lot this year. I learned that things don’t always turn the way you planned or the way you think they should. And I’ve learned that there are things that go wrong that don’t always get fixed or get put back together the way they were before. I’ve learned that some broken things stay broken. And I’ve learned that you can get through bad times and keep looking for better.
135. 365 new days. 365 new chances.
136. Resolution One: I will live for God. Resolution Two: If no one else does, I still will. – Jonathan Edwards