Have you ever experienced being in love with someone who didn’t love you back? It’s probably the most painful thing that could happen to anyone. Some people call it “friend zone”. It happens when someone you love sees you as no more than just a friend. This situation is typically seen in romantic comedy movies where the person ends up falling in love with the other at the end of the movie, but this happy ending doesn’t really happen in real life. Most of us continue to hope that one day, we are going to be loved by them in return. We keep on showing our love and affection thinking it will change their feelings for us.
One sided love indeed is painful. However, this shouldn’t stop us from loving someone every single day. We need to understand that sometimes, love is unconditional. It doesn’t expect anything in return. Love is something we should be able to give freely. It’s not going to be easy, no one said it is, but it is what makes love true and pure. Don’t let one-sided love affect your self-esteem and make you unhappy with yourself. Instead, make that person an inspiration to always be better and happier in life. One thing about love is, if you don’t love yourself first, you will never know how to love other people right.
If you’re currently in love with someone who doesn’t love you back, read these one sided love quotes that we prepared just for you. It will help lessen the pain and will inspire you to keep on loving no matter what happens.
One Sided Love Quotes
1. If someone doesn’t fight to keep you, never fight yourself to stay.
2. If you want me falling for you, then you have to give me something worth tripping over.
3. I’m not saying that I think of you constantly, but I can’t deny the fact that each time my mind wanders, it always finds some way back to you.
4. It hurts when you have someone in your heart but you can’t have them in your arms.
5. It’s funny how a person can break your heart, and you can still love them with all the little pieces.
6. It’s hard to wait around for something that you know might never happen. But it’s even harder to give up when you know it’s everything you want.
7. I’m tired of loving you and hoping you’ll do the same.
8. I cannot fathom congratulating you on finding love when I’m not the giver of that love.
9. I find myself wishing every time, if only you knew you are the reason.
10. My life has been a continuum of unanswered prayers and you bear the largest portion of that.
11. If only life was fair, but I understand it’s not, that’s why you cannot love me.
12. I’m happy for you, while feeling unhappy that I’m not the author of your happiness.
13. Would it be inhumane to wish you sadness, that I may bring me happiness?
14. I love you, and it kills me each day to see that you do not feel the same way too.
15. You like someone who can’t like you back because unrequited love can survive in a way that once-requited love cannot. – John Green
16. Perhaps unrequited love was a specter in the house, a presence that brushed at the edge of senses, a heat in the dark, and a shadow under the sun. – Sherry Thomas
17. Problems can be fixed. But unrequited love is a tragedy. – Suzanne Harper
18. People do incredible things for love, particularly for unrequited love.
19. Some say that one-sided love is better than none, but like half a loaf of bread, it is likely to grow hard and moldy sooner.
20. You know you’ve got it bad when you miss something you never had. At least even for a little while, I was the reason behind your smile.
21. They say insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Thus, I’m insane because of you, I just can’t stop hoping.
22. Those eyes that have been my sun, it pains to see them shining for another.
23. “If only, if only,” that’s been my anthem since I set eyes on you.
24. You have so much power over me to make me happy or sad. Yet the only thing you’ve ever done has been the latter by saying no.
25. One word from you would make my whole day bright, dear crush.
26. It’s amazing how you could just accomplish so many things by doing nothing. That’s what you do to me when you make me smile just by smiling.
27. If only you know how much my heart beats for you, then you’ll know your thrall over my heart.
28. Was I wrong for ever-loving you? Because that’s how I’ve been feeling ever since I first saw you.
29. Dear crush, please just smile at me as I smile inside every time I see you. And you’ll know how much power you hold over me.
30. It’s a pity your heart beats for someone else because I cannot cage my heart to do the same.
31. A long time ago, I thought I met the one. But all I did was meet my suffering, because you’ve innocently been my suffering.
34. Somehow, I don’t know how you can miss seeing, how much I love you.
35. I want people to know how much you meant to me. That you’ll finally know the feeling of my misery.
36. All of a sudden, my dreams seem to be better than my reality, because at least you loved me in my sleep.
37. My heart is hollow and only you can fill it, yet it remains empty.
38. We cannot be friends anymore. What good is it, when I get to hear your love for someone else?
39. Seeing you with someone else is the definition of hell.
40. In my dreams, I felt complete and utter love, only to wake up with sadness and loneliness.
41. I’ll never forget the day I saw you. And ever since, I’ve been saying the same thing, “if only, if only.”
42. If only you knew that I’ll do anything, you’ll leave him for me.
43. In those beautiful eyes, it’s a pity I cannot share in its grace.
44. My heart is broken, you hold the pieces but cannot mend them.
45. They say, “love is beautiful”. But If I love you so much, why do I still feel lost?
46. Cupid is nothing without harmony, and you made me understand why.
47. I just hope, that one day, you’ll realize the reason why you should’ve loved me.
48. You never know what you have until it’s gone.
49. The worst thing about loving you is that I don’t know if or when it’s time to let go.
50. I hate that I’m not the warmth when you’re cold, or the hands that you hold.
51. Your absence is my death as your presence the very life itself.
52. Maybe, sometimes, being friends is just not enough. Sometimes, maybe, I just want you to look at me the way lovers do.
53. It’s my fault to love you. While knowing I cannot ask you to love me back.
54. I can only feign, so long, of not loving you. But, I know, I cannot stop loving you, despite it all. Maybe we were not meant to be.
55. If fate didn’t write us two together and we were not supposed to be, then why do I hurt this much?
56. I’m tired of wishing and hoping you’ll be true, I’m tired of dreaming about loving you. I want to live.
57. If I die young, at least even without your love, I want you to know that I loved and more importantly, you.
58. I may seem green on the outside but I’m black on the inside because of you.
59. My joy is severed because of you, my pain is amplified because I loved you.
60. What’s the point of continuing my love for you, when you don’t have any intentions of loving me?
61. I like to think that someday you’ll love me as much as I love you. I believe in destiny.
62. Is it wrong, with all certainty, to hope you’ll understand the depth of my unrequited love for you?
63. Life is about hoping and missing. Though, with hope, I love you. But you love someone else and we both go amiss in love.
64. I’ll never leave your side, until one day you’ll always see me beside you and finally embrace me with your love.
65. I’ll do right by you and love you, continuously. But, I know one day, it’ll dawn on you and you’ll come to realize you love me too.
66. It’s alright if you don’t love me now, my love will be enough for the both of us.
67. Loving you has been like water and flames, because your unrequited sometimes kills my soul.
68. What more can I do, that you can love me as much as I love you?
69. I’ll give it all if I could be more than just a friend to you.
70. Your eyes are like a reflection of my doom and gloom, because seeing them happy with another kills me.
71. It hurts, and I cannot fathom the reason why you hold my joy so much in your hands.
72. Who am I kidding? I know you cannot love me, as I do you. But, I still love you.
73. I only wish there’s a word I’ve never said, or a gaze that I shouldn’t have made. Because I love you so much and I’m tired of hoping you’ll do too.
74. You led me on and made me feel like I meant the world to you. Yet you took my world away.
75. At some point, you have to realize that he doesn’t care, and you could be missing out on someone who actually does.
76. He will never know what he lost because let’s be honest; he never knew what he had.
77. Her saying no is a punch in the gut. But her saying no and saying yes to someone else is a stab through the heart.
78. People will hold your hand through the darkness but then let go when they find the light.
79. Perhaps our eyes need to be washed by our tears once in a while so that we can see life with a clearer view again.
80. She was like a siren. She collected the affections of those around her, keeping them like toys, to be used once or twice when bored.
81. Since you’ve been gone I’ve been lost. Lost in a place where I only feel and see you and nobody else. Yet, this is the only place where I have you because in reality you’re not mine and to be true, I’d rather be lost than to live in a world where you and I don’t belong to each other.
82. So tell me you love me even if it’s fake. You already took all that you could take.
83. Some people will have to learn how to appreciate you by losing you.
84. Sometimes I don’t tell you what I’m feeling because I’m hoping the silence between us would give you a clue.
85. Sometimes it’s better to keep silent than to tell others what you feel because it hurts badly when you come to know that.
86. Sometimes you don’t realize how much you care for someone until they stop caring for you.
87. Stop breaking your own heart for someone who isn’t even fighting to keep yours in one piece.
88. Take care of the heart that was given to you by someone else. Smashing it can bring lifelong chaos into effect.
89. That’s how you know what real love is. It’s wanting the best for somebody, even if the best doesn’t involve you anymore.
90. That’s what happens. You let people in and they destroy you.
91. The most painful thing ever is having feelings for someone you can’t be with.
92. There’s always going to be that one guy that no matter the distance between you two, no matter how long you go without talking; you’ll never stop loving him.
93. What’s the worst thing I’ve stolen? Probably little pieces of other people’s lives. Where I’ve either wasted their time or hurt them in some way. That’s the worst thing you can steal, the time of other people. You just can’t get that back.
94. When I see you, there’s still a leap in my chest- there’s still a little reminder of how I felt a year ago. But I’m getting better, at least I hope so.
95. You can’t just come into my life and start to matter and become an important part of it, and then just walk away leaving nothing but a hole in my chest.
96. You did not love me. You just loved the fact that I was here for you. You loved the attention I gave you. You loved the fact that I would drop anything for you. You did not love me, but god, did I love you.
97. You lose yourself trying to hold on to someone who doesn’t care about losing you.
98. You said you were afraid to lose me and then you faced your fears and left.
99. You were the love that came without warning. You had my heart before I could say no. And then you left so quickly before I could say “don’t go.”
100. You will search for me in another person, I promise. And you will never find me.
101. I breathed life into you, and you spat back unwarranted hate. So it goes, the deathly exchange of a lover and a fighter.
102. I didn’t become heartless, I just became smarter. My happiness will not depend on someone else, not anymore.
103. I had planned to say all these terrible things to you, but in the end, I just want to tell you I miss you.
104. I hope I cross your mind once in a while, so I don’t feel pathetic for thinking of you all the damn time.
105. I know when to stop. I know when to let things go. I know when to move on. I know how to adjust. But “I know” is different from “I can.”
106. I love dreaming because in my dreams, you’re actually mine.
107. I miss the time where everything felt okay because I was with you.
108. I remember crying over you and I don’t mean a couple of tears and I’m blue. I’m talking about collapsing and screaming at the moon.
109. I’m not sure what scares me more, that you will never start loving me, or that I will never stop loving you.
110. If he wanted you he’d be there. If he wanted you you’d never question it. If he wanted you he would have chosen you.
111. It’s so ironic. The people in my life who say, ‘I’m always going to be here for you.’ are the ones that walk away first.
112. It’s been a year now and I still haven’t forgotten the way you turned my heart inside out. And turned me bitter and rotten. It’s been a year now and I still can’t forget how our beautiful love came to a sudden, abrupt end.
113. Just when I thought I was over you. You rested your head on my leg and I felt warm. Then you took it off and it felt like the sun had left and I was surrounded by the coldness.
114. Love isn’t always perfect. It isn’t a fairytale or a storybook. And it doesn’t always come easy.
115. Maybe I was destined to forever fall in love with people I couldn’t have. Maybe there’s a whole assortment of impossible people waiting for me to find them. Waiting to make me feel the same impossibility over and over again.
116. Nothing hurts more than realizing he meant everything to you, but you meant nothing to him.
117. Never lose yourself while trying to hold on to someone who doesn’t care about losing you.
118. Unrequited love is the infinite curse of a lonely heart.
119. A mighty pain to love it is, and it’s a pain that pain to miss; but of all pains, the greatest pain it is to love, but love in vain.
120. Unrequited love is the infinite curse of a lonely heart.
121. Nothing takes the taste out of peanut butter quite like unrequited love.
122. You can close your eyes to the things you don’t want to see, but you can’t close your heart to the things you don’t want to feel. – Johnny Depp
123. I can’t tell you I love you, all I can see is you. Every time our eyes meet, every time I hear your voice I love you more and my heart aches more.
124. Unrequited love differs from mutual love, just like delusion differs from the truth. – George Sand
125. Sometimes you put walls up not to keep people out, but to see who cares enough to break them down.
126. The first love is almost always unrequited.
127. Why am I afraid to lose you? When you’re not even mine.
128. I mean I try and I try, but nothing changes. You still don’t want me.
129. Don’t make someone your everything, if they’ve already made someone else theirs.
130. I wanted so badly to lie down next to her on the couch, to wrap my arms around her and sleep. Not fuck, like in those movies. Not even have sex. Just sleep together in the most innocent sense of the phrase. But I lacked the courage and she had a boyfriend and I was gawky and she was gorgeous and I was hopelessly boring and she was endlessly fascinating. So I walked back to my room and collapsed on the bottom bunk, thinking that if people were rain, I was drizzle and she was hurricane. – John Green
131. To burn with desire and keep quiet about it is the greatest punishment we can bring on ourselves. – Federico García Lorca
132. The way he looked at you. I got it then. He loved you, and it was killing him. He won’t get over you, Clary, he can’t. – Cassandra Clare
133. Because what’s worse than knowing you want something, besides knowing you can never have it? – James Patterson
134. Because, if you could love someone, and keep loving them, without being loved back then that love had to be real. It hurt too much to be anything else. – Sarah Cross
135. Unrequited love does not die; it’s only beaten down to a secret place where it hides, curled and wounded. For some unfortunates, it turns bitter and mean, and those who come after pay the price for the hurt done by the one who came before. – Elle Newmark
136. Maybe I was destined to forever fall in love with people I couldn’t have. Maybe there’s a whole assortment of impossible people waiting for me to find them. Waiting to make me feel the same impossibility over and over again. – Carol Rifka Brunt
137. I have to admit, an unrequited love is so much better than a real one. I mean, it’s perfect. As long as something is never even started, you never have to worry about it ending. It has endless potential. – Sarah Dessen
138. If you don’t receive love from the ones who are meant to love you, you will never stop looking for it. – Robert Goolrick
139. I had to get over [him]. For months now, a stone had been sitting on my heart. I’d shed a lot of tears over [him], lost a lot of sleep, eaten a lot of cake batter. Somehow, I had to move on. [Life] would be hell if I didn’t shake loose from the grip he had on my heart. I most definitely didn’t want to keep feeling this way, alone in a love affair meant for two. Even if he’d felt like The One. Even if I’d always thought we’d end up together. Even if he still had a choke chain on my heart. – Kristan Higgins
140. I thought of all the others who had tried to tie her to the ground and failed. So I resisted showing her the songs and poems I had written, knowing that too much truth can ruin a thing. And if that meant she wasn’t entirely mine, what of it? I would be the one she could always return to without fear of recrimination or question. So I did not try to win her and contented myself with playing a beautiful game. But there was always a part of me that hoped for more, and so there was a part of me that was always a fool. – Patrick Rothfuss
141. There comes a time in your life when you have to choose to turn the page, write another book or simply close it. – Shannon L. Alder
142. She hardly ever thought of him. He had worn a place for himself in some corner of her heart, as a sea shell, always boring against the rock, might do. The making of the place had been her pain. But now the shell was safely in the rock. It was lodged, and ground no longer. – T.H. White
143. Unrequited love is the infinite curse of a lonely heart. – Christina Westover
144. A person doesn’t know true hurt and suffering until they’ve felt the pain of falling in love with someone whose affections lie elsewhere. – Rose Gordon
145. Sometimes no matter how many eyelashes or dandelion seeds you blow, no matter how much of your heart you tear out and slap on your sleeve, it just ain’t gonna happen. – Melissa Jensen
146. Being in love with someone who doesn’t even know you exist isn’t the worst thing in the world. In fact, it’s quite the opposite. Almost like passing in a term paper that you know sucked, but having that period of time where you haven’t gotten your grade back yet — that kind of exhale where you haven’t been rejected, although you pretty much know how it’s going to turn out. – Tonya Hurley