Being single sucks – depending on how you look at your life. If your perception is stuck on how much being single sucks, then you are going to feel like crap as you go through life – there is no way you could feel anything but that!
One man can be happy being single while another can be completely in shambles. Why is that? Perception! The man who enjoys being single sees being single as a good thing, not a horrible sentence of loneliness as the other man likely sees it.
In other words, if you are single and feel miserable, then you need to shift your perception in order to be happier. If you don’t, you will ALWAYS feel exactly like you do right now – miserable.
The good news is that everyone can shift their perception. This is not about desiring to be single for the rest of your life. It is simply about not hating being single and longing to be in a relationship. It’s about taking away the pain that comes with being single and hating it and replacing it with a sense of being OK, no matter who is in your life.
Quotes On Being Single
Following are some quotes that may help shift your perception. Don’t resist them with your ‘being single sucks’ attitude. Instead, read them, think about them, try to see things from a different perspective. That’s the only way you are going to get out of the ‘being single sucks’ attitude and find more happiness in your life.
1. The Grass Is Always Greener…
“If we be doomed to marry, we marry; if we be doomed to remain single we do.” – Thomas Hardy
While this quote about being single can be taken a few ways, I think it is really about the grass being greener on the other side. A lot of single people think they would be happier in a relationship.
In fact, I just had a guy contact me and tell me that because of the ratio of men to women born in his year, he is a leftover who has no chance at getting a woman. He called himself a LEFTOVER and feels that being single is so much worse than being in a relationship. He feels doomed to be single and because he believes that a relationship is the only way to be happy, he feels doomed to be miserable.
Yet, I know a lot of people who feel miserable to be in a relationship or married! They would love to be single because they are in such shitty relationships.
So, you may always find yourself in relationships, or you may always find yourself single, but remember that the people on the other side may feel just as doomed as you do. Life isn’t always better once you get what you think you want.
2. Being Single Does Not Mean Being Alone
“It made it sound like you were unattached to anyone, unconnected to anything.” – David Levithan,
The word ‘single’ has a lot of power in it. Being single, for most people, implies being alone in the world and not a part of something bigger, but this quote is dead on.
You are not disconnected from everything when you are single. You are not unattached from the world around you. There are plenty of people in your life, and plenty more are willing to be in your life if you go out and look, so single is not an accurate word for being without a woman.
Other ways to put it?
- Currently not married
- Currently not dating
- Currently not in a long-term relationship
All of these seem more appropriate than single.
3. You Are Not Defective If You Are Single!
“When did being single become a disease?” – Michael Thomas Ford, The Road Home
Click Here: Advanced Attraction Guide
So many people think they are abnormal because they are single. That’s simply not true!
They may not have found someone that they want to spend their life with.
They may not have found someone that they want to spend the next few days with.
But they are not abnormal!
They do not have some sort of ‘single condition’ where they are unable to function properly in life. They just don’t have a woman in their life!
Society tells us that we have to be in a relationship to be normal, but that’s a load of crap. There are plenty of single people in the world doing great things for others, themselves, and the world around them, and they are not defective in any way, shape, or form.
Positive Affirmations To Overcome The Being Single Sucks Belief
What you tell yourself every day is going to determine how you feel about being single. If you tell yourself that being single sucks, then you are affirming to yourself that being single sucks. There are probably a ton of different things you say to yourself. Negative affirmations I’ve received in the comment section on this blog include:
- I am a loser
- I am unattractive
- There are too many guys to compete with out there
- I will always be single
- Nobody wants someone like me
- I’m not rich enough for a woman
Those negative affirmations will keep you miserable as a single man. Moreover, they will keep you single!
If you affirm such negative things to yourself, why would any woman want to date you? Your beliefs about yourself affect how you behave. So if you think you are a loser, then you are going to behave like you are a loser. Why would a woman want to date a man who behaves like he is a loser and not good enough for a woman?
Instead of affirming negative things to yourself, affirm positive things. Joel Osteen just came out with a new book called The Power of I Am: Two Words That Will Change Your Life Today. I highly recommend checking out the book if you want to flip the script that read from every day. It doesn’t just give you some positive affirmations to use, it also tells you why you should believe them!
Following are 30 positive affirmations you can start saying to yourself right now. Pick what resonates with you, determine why it is true for you in any way, shape, or form, (even if it just slightly resonates with your inner self, you can turn that slight consideration into a booming belief) and then start saying it to yourself daily. The more you say it, the more you will believe it, and the less you will tell yourself and believe how much being single sucks.
- I deserve to be happy in life, no matter who is in it
- I am capable of living each day to its fullest without someone else in it
- There are plenty of people willing to love me
- I have a lot of fun being single
- I enjoy being able to come and go as I please
- I am willing to wait for the right person to come along before I settle down
- I would rather be single than be in a miserable relationship
- Being single does not make me worse or better than anyone else
- I am starting to feel more confident with my life
- I am working on becoming a happier person each day
- I do things that make me feel good and alive
- I focus on the positive things in life
- I surround myself with loving friends
- I am a strong person
- I deserve to be loved
- I am happy being single!
- I do not need a partner to make me happy
- I embrace each day as a new adventure
- I don’t stay stuck in the past or future – I live in the moment!
- I welcome all people into my life knowing that they may or may not be in it forever
- Every day I feel more in charge of my life
- I am glad for all the relationships I have had in the past because they have taught me more about myself
- I have the ability to find someone great
- Others see me as someone who is strong and having fun
- I take care of my physical health so that I send off a message of good health
- I take care of my mental health so that I’m happy
- I don’t let people walk all over me
- I don’t let negativity rule my life
- People respect me because I respect myself
- I am enjoying every minute of my life because I want to make the most out of my life
If you have any negative or positive affirmations that you tell yourself daily about why being single sucks or doesn’t suck, please share in the comments below!