Twins have always attracted special attention, being the unique situation of receiving two children at the same time. A twin shares their entire life with a sibling, and they are known for developing close bonds. Throughout history, many cultures have even developed the idea that twins share psychic bonds that make them closer than other siblings, friends, and family. Because of the uniqueness of twins, many people have had interesting things to say about the concept and situation of twins.
Many individuals see twins as lucky. In some cultures, they have also been seen as an omen. There have been a number of different attitudes and takes on the birth of twins in a family.
Whether you are a twin, the parent of twins, or close friends of twins, there is a quote here for just about anyone. We have compiled 100 popular quotes about twins that will make you laugh, reflect, and think. Share them with loved ones who will understand the joy and peculiarity of twins.
There is a variety of short and long quotes here for a number of different situations. Enjoy this compilation of quotes about twins!
Quotes About Twins
1. Being a twin is like being born with a best friend. – Tricia Marrapodi
2. My strength and my weakness are twins in the same womb. – Marge Piercy
3. There are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared: twins. – Josh Billings
4. I’m in love with music, and I’m pregnant by it. It’s like having twins. Or triplets. Or eight-lets! – R. Kelly
5. They’re not just sisters and twins. They’re best friends, and they care genuinely about each other. – Chelsi Welch
6. When twins are separated, their spirits steal away to find the other. – Jandy Nelson
7. It’s double the giggles and double the grins, and double the trouble if you’re blessed with twins.
8. It’s a twin thing. 10 tiny fingers, 10 tiny toes, 2 babies to cuddle, 2 babies to snuggle, 2 babies sleeping side by side, 2 babies growing side by side, 2 babies chatting, 2 babies giggling, 2 heart melting smiles, 2 heart melting kisses, 2 best friends to share their life together, with double the hugs and double the love!
9. A good neighbor will babysit. A great neighbor will babysit twins.
10. At times like this, Eryn didn’t feel like they were just twins. They were teammates. They were partners. They were two halves of the same brain. ― Margaret Peterson Haddix
11. Body and spirit are twins: God only knows which is which. – Algernon Charles Swinburne
12. Doubt is a pain too lonely to know that faith is his twin brother. – Khalil Gibran
13. I may be a twin, but I am one of a kind. – Jerry Smith
14. All who would win joy, must share it; happiness was born a twin. – Lord Byron
15. You can spend too much time wondering which of identical twins is the more alike. – Robert Brault
16. So many good things come in pairs, like ears, socks and panda bears. But, best of all are the set of twins, with extra laughter, double grins.
17. Look at identical twins. When you get closer, you start to see the small differences. It all depends on how much you magnify it. – Brian Swanson
18. Twins need to know that they can be alone without their twin. ― Joan A. Friedman
19. I guess because twins have this mystique, and triplets – I think the normal sibling connection potentially can be very powerful, and there’s this idea that it’s even more powerful. It really is, not just someone like me, but another version of me. – Curtis Sittenfeld
20. The special relationship with twins is that, if there’s anyone else in the world that’s going to get or be the confidant that you need, it’s an identical twin. – Sam Underwood
21. It is not economical to go to bed early to save the candles if the result is twins. – Chinese Proverb
22. Some twins feel like they need to compare themselves to each other, but we’re not that way. That’s because of my parents, though, and having six kids in the family. – Ashley Olsen
23. My sister and I, you will recollect, were twins, and you know how subtle are the links which bind two souls which are so closely allied. – Arthur Conan Doyle
24. A man says to his mate: “My wife is a twin.” His mate says, “How do you tell them apart?” The man says: “Her brother has a beard.” – Frank Carson
25. You were born together, and together you shall be forevermore… but let there be spaces in your togetherness. And let the winds of the heavens dance between you. – Kahlil Gibran
26. The man who is ostentatious of his modesty is twin to the statue that wears a fig-leaf. – Mark Twain
27. Twin problem – when people try to test your psychic powers.
28. A joy that is shared is a joy made double. – English Proverb
29. I had twins, so it was really uncomfortable [to sleep], because you lay on one side, and there’s a baby, and you lay on the other side and there’s a baby. So I had a really hard time with it. – Jennifer Lopez
30. Twins are more than just friends. They are more like a very small gang.
31. When I was born, the doctor took one look at my face, turned me over and said, “Look, twins!” – Rodney Dangerfield
32. Constant togetherness is fine – but only for Siamese twins. – Victoria Billings
33. Mum used to say we were the same soul split in two and walking around on four legs. It seems unnatural being born together and then dying apart. – Melodie Ramone
34. Twice as much to love, two blessings from above.
35. I’ve always been fascinated by twins. In my forty years of photographing, whenever there was an opportunity, I would take a picture of twins. I found the notion that two people could appear to look exactly alike very compelling. – Mary Ellen Mark
36. They’re not just sisters and twins. They’re best friends, and they care genuinely about each other.
37. There was nobody in the family who had ever done anything like that before. My brothers – I had two brothers. They were twins. They both became architects. They were both six years older. – Maggie Smith
38. Just because two people look the same, doesn’t mean they have the same dreams. – Brandy Scraps
39. My twin sister never forgets my birthday!
40. Sometimes miracles come in pairs. – Richard Branson
41. Twins have a special bond. They feel safer with each other than with their peers. – Jeanne Phillips
42. I fought with my twin, the enemy within. – Bob Dylan
43. I believe the only people who truly experience and test the application of equality are twins. – Janis Joplin
44. Twins are so practical. It’s always nice to have a spare. – Billie Burke
45. I realized late in life that my twin passions are music and people. – Yo-Yo Ma
46. When you gaze upon the lovely sight. Of twins, arm in arm, asleep at night. Think not that the house has been doubly messed. But that you, as parents, have been doubly blessed. – Jon Bratton
47. Persistence is the twin sister of excellence. One is a matter of quality; the other, a matter of time. – Marabel Morgan
48. The best thing about having a sister was that I always had a friend. – Cali Rae Turner
49. My twin sister, my cousin, and I used to write and perform plays for my family. We raided the closets for costumes and fought over parts. I’m sure I was the bossiest one. – Connie Britton
50. Identical twins are endemically alike in many ways. – Edward Norton
51. In this life, we will never truly be apart, for we grew to the same beat of our mother’s heart. – Daphne Fandrich
52. When you swear, swear seriously and solemnly, but at the same time with a smile, for a smile is the twin sister of seriousness. – Plato
53. I was much distressed by next door people who had twin babies and played the violin; but one of the twins died, and the other has eaten the fiddle, so all is peace. – Edward Lear
54. O’er the rugged mountain’s brow Clara threw the twins she nursed, And remarked, ‘I wonder now which will reach the bottom first?’ – Harry Graham
55. Yet, before the twins were born or had done anything good or bad. – Romans 9:11
56. Real excellence and humility are not incompatible one with the other, on the contrary, they are twin sisters. – Jean-Baptiste Henri Lacordaire
57. It’s a twin type of telepathy. My sister and I, we share the same DNA, so on paper, we’re the same person. I knew she was pregnant, like, right away – it’s so crazy – but I asked her, and she said yes. – Tia Mowry
58. I’m an only child. My mum and dad are six in each family. They’re both twins, and they only wanted one. I always say to them though that they’re lucky – it could have all gone wrong. – Luke Evans
59. All the work on heritability was never based on looking at genes; it was based on the similarity between identical twins or between parents and children. Now that geneticists can look at genes, they can’t find genes that account for more than 10 percent of the variation in any human trait. – Jerome Kagan
60. Being a twin is not always easy. Why is everyone so blind? I may look like my brother, but I am one of a kind.
61. Without identical twins, you’ll never get to experience entering a hotel room with one of them and watching him run into the full-length mirror because he thought he saw his brother. – Ray Romano
62. Being a twin, and knowing if my twin was gone or lost – that’s a part of me. There’s no way I could be the same person knowing my brother had passed away. – Scott Ellis
63. In the world we live in, what we know and what we don’t know are like Siamese twins, inseparable, existing in a state of confusion. – Haruki Murakami
64. You know, identical twins are never really identical. There is always one that is prettier, and the other one does all the work. – Hedra Carlson
65. Mum used to say we were the same soul split in two and walking around on four legs. It seems unnatural being born together and then dying apart. – Melodie Ramone
66. I’ve been competitive since day one. Even in little things as a child, like having a twin and a direct competitor for who makes better cookies. – Gracie Gold
67. True twins share womb chemistry and endure many fateful slings and arrows together. The fabled connection between twins is true in my case. – Gregory Benford
68. If you are a twin, you watch yourself live two lives–yours and hers. It’s constant comparison. I am never as good as the bad I wanted her to be. I was the only soldier I needed. We couldn’t have known what splitting would mean. Time speeds past fast, scattering like shrapnel, and is quiet as cobwebs. We wait for the ambush. Sister will find out first; she’ll be my living memory. She will be the body left standing. ― Christa Parravani
69. Not even identical twins can have the exact same experiences, and their brains are not wired the same way. – John Medina
70. With twins, reading aloud to them was the only chance I could get to sit down. I read them picture books until they were reading on their own. – Beverly Cleary
71. I can’t tell you how terribly glad I am that you’re going to be all right, George said, rather thickly. I…I wouldn’t know how to act without a twin. ― Sarah Brazytis
72. Anybody who objects to cloning on principle has to answer to all the identical twins in the world who might be insulted by the thought that there is something offensive about their very existence. Clones are simply identical twins. – Richard Dawkins
73. I would love to have twins – a girl and a boy – but who knows if that would happen. It would be my ideal situation. Wham, bam, be done with it. – Joanna Krupa
74. Ah, how little you know of human happiness – you comfortable and benevolent people! For happiness and unhappiness are brother and sister – or even twins who grow up together – or in your case – remain small together! – Friedrich Nietzsche
75. identical twins who have the exact same genes, one may die early of a heart attack and the other may live a long, healthy life – depending on their lifestyle and what they eat. – Michael Greger
76. You can’t live like a monk if you have two five-year-old twins. That ain’t happening. Just the opposite, actually. – Scott Ellis
77. My twin, Go. I’ve said this phrase so many times, it has become a reassuring mantra instead of actual words: Mytwingo. We were born in the ’70s, back when twins were rare, a bit magical: cousins of the unicorn, siblings of the elves. We even have a dash of twin telepathy. Go is truly the one person in the entire world I am totally myself with. I don’t feel the need to explain my actions to her. I don’t clarify, I don’t doubt, I don’t worry. I don’t tell her everything, not anymore, but I tell her more than anyone else, by far. I tell her as much as I can. We spent nine months back to back, covering each other. It became a lifelong habit. It never mattered to me that she was a girl, strange for a deeply self-conscious kid. What can I say? She was always just cool. ― Gillian Flynn
78. I love to be with my twins. They are my true joy in life. – Nancy Grace
79. A lot of people say, ‘Wow, you’re a single father of twin boys, that’s crazy!’ Two toddlers can get hectic, but I wouldn’t change it for anything. Every day they teach me different things. The love is there. When you have a two-year-old saying every other hour, ‘Papi, te amo. Papi, I love you,’ it can’t get better. – Ricky Martin
80. Yeah, reflections! The same, but different. Like twins – like blood brothers! And when you need something bad done, like punishment or revenge, you’ll just ask me, and I will do it. ― Sonya Hartnett
81. There is a special bond between twin soul mates – unconditional love, respect for each other, bringing out the best in each other, and highly compatible. – Julien Offray de La Mettrie
82. Things every person should have: • A nemesis. • An evil twin. • A secret headquarters. • An escape hatch. • A partner in crime. • A secret identity. – Wil Wheaton
83. I always wondered what it must be like to lose a twin—if somehow Mary felt it like it was happening to her. If she felt physical pain. ― Francesca Lia Block
84. A twin knows exactly when the other one is spitting up, but that’s all they know about anything. – Mary-Kate Olsen
85. I’m a twin, I’m a Cancer; I’m always taking care of other people. I’ve always been the fixer in the family, the responsible one. – Gisele Bundchen
86. Twins are usually hailed with delight, because they swell the power of the family, though in some instances they are put to death. – John Hanning Speke
87. Sibling relationships…outlast marriages, survive the death of parents, resurface after quarrels that would sink any friendship. They flourish in a thousand incarnations of closeness and distance, warmth, loyalty and distrust. – Erica E. Goode
88. Being a twin, and being my sister’s twin, is such a defining part of my life that I wouldn’t know how to be who I am, including a writer, without that being somehow at the center. – Taiye Selasi
89. I would love to have twins. I think there’s something nice about having two babies, and they’re there for each other their whole entire life. – Melanie Brown
90. Children of the same family, the same blood, with the same first associations and habits, have some means of enjoyment in their power, which no subsequent connections can supply. – Jane Austen
91. When you have twin four-year-olds, you are able to dance like a fool, often. And I do. – Neil Patrick Harris
92. As siblings, we were inextricably bound, even though our connections were loose and frayed…. And each time we met, we discovered to our surprise and dismay how quickly the intensity of childhood feelings reappeared…. No matter how old we got or how oft. – Jane Mersky Leder
93. Wisdom and goodness are twin-born, one heart must hold both sisters, never seen apart. – William Dean Howells
94. Our instructors do not understand how it is. To be bound to someone in such a way. They are too old, too out of touch with their emotions. They no longer remember what it is to live and breathe within the world. They think it simple to pit any two people against each other. It is never simple. The other person becomes how you define your life, how you define yourself. They become as necessary as breathing. Then they expect the victor to continue on without that. It would be like pulling the Murray twins apart and expecting them to be the same. They would be whole but not complete. – Erin Morgenstern
95. Our siblings. They resemble us just enough to make all their differences confusing, and no matter what we choose to make of this, we are cast in relation to them our whole lives long. – Susan Scarf Merrell
96. The goddess Artemis had a twin brother, Apollo, the many-faceted god of the Sun. He was her male counterpart: his domain was the city, hers the wilderness; his was the sun, hers the moon; his the domesticated flocks, hers the wild, untamed animals; he was the god of music, she was the inspiration for round dances on the mountains. – Jean Shinoda Bolen
97. It’s the most breathtakingly ironic things about living: the fact that we are all-identical twins included-alone. Singular. And yet what we seek-what saves us-is our connection to others. – Wally Lamb
98. What can I tell you about the alchemy of twins? Twins are two bodies that dance to each other’s joy. Two minds that drown in each other’s despair. Two spirits that fly with each other’s love. Twins are two separate beings conjoined at the heart! – Kamand Kojouri
99. There are stars in the night sky that look brighter than the others, and when you look at them through a telescope you realize you are looking at twins. The two stars rotate around each other, sometimes taking nearly a hundred years to do it. They create so much gravitational pull there’s no room around for anything else. You might see a blue star, for example, and realize only later that it has a white dwarf as a companion – that first one shines so bright, by the time you notice the second one, it’s too late. – Jodi Picoult
100. Words, do not have twins in every language. Sometimes they only have distant cousins, and sometimes they pretend that they are not even related. – Monique Truong