Loving one’s self can be a difficult thing to do. In a world full of judgment, it can be really hard to find our self-worth. There are times we feel like we are not enough and it seems like no one appreciates anything we do. We tend to question ourselves, “Do I matter?”
The lack of self-love can do so much damage in your life if you don’t pay attention to it. If you don’t see your worth as a person, it’s more likely for you to suffer depression and anxiety. It can also ruin relationships with families and friends.
You have to remember that everything starts with you. How you overcome struggles, changes, and pain will all depend on the amount of faith you have in yourself. You have to determine your purpose in this world. Surely, someone, somewhere out there, will not be the same person without you in their life. You are loved for you who you are. You are special because you are you. No one else can replace you.
We want to remind you of your beauty, meaningful existence, and worth, by giving you these deep and sincere self-love quotes. Enjoy and we hope you start loving yourself today!
1. Do your thing and don’t care if they like it. – Tina Fey
2. I think the reward for conformity is that everyone likes you except yourself. – Rita Mae Brown
3. When you’re different, sometimes you don’t see the millions of people who accept you for what you are. All you notice is the person who doesn’t. – Jodi Picoult
4. The only person who can pull me down is myself, and I’m not going to let myself pull me down anymore. – C. JoyBell
5. When a woman becomes her own best friend life is easier. – Diane Von Furstenberg
6. Don’t sacrifice yourself too much, because if you sacrifice too much there’s nothing else you can give and nobody will care for you. – Karl Lagerfeld
7. The most terrifying thing is to accept oneself completely. – C.G. Jung
8. Dare to love yourself as if you were a rainbow with gold at both ends. – Aberjhani
9. One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, rather than being yourself. – Shannon L. Alder
10. Your time is way too valuable to be wasting on people that can’t accept who you are. – Turcois Ominek
11. If you have the ability to love, love yourself first. – Charles Bukowski
12. How you love yourself is how you teach others to love you. – Rupi Kaur
13. Being different is a revolving door in your life where secure people enter and insecure exit. – Shannon L. Alder
14. Document the moments you feel most in love with yourself – what you’re wearing, who you’re around, what you’re doing. Recreate and repeat. – Warsan Shire
15. It’s all about falling in love with yourself and sharing that love with someone who appreciates you, rather than looking for love to compensate for a self-love deficit. – Eartha Kitt
16. The most powerful relationship you will ever have is the relationship with yourself. – Steve Maraboli
17. Makeup is no different than clothes and accessories – it’s embellishments for your face. And it also gives you creative freedom. You get to have that moment in front the mirror every morning and give yourself self-love. You’re making yourself up beautiful, which is essentially self-love. – Michelle Phan
18. Self-love has very little to do with how you feel about your outer self. It’s about accepting all of yourself. – Tyra Banks
19. I think the most important thing in life is self-love, because if you don’t have self-love, and respect for everything about your own body, your own soul, your own capsule, then how can you have an authentic relationship with anyone else? – Shailene Woodley
20. Our first and last love is self-love. – Christian Nestell Bovee
21. You’re interesting and you’re different and I like that.
22. You are worthy. You are capable. You are beautiful. Book the ticket. Write the book. Create the dream. Celebrate yourself. Rule your queendom.
23. You are amazing. Remember that.
24. You are one of a kind.
25. Be your own kind of beautiful.
26. You are already whole.
27. What if you simply devoted this year to loving yourself more?
28. No one is you and that is your superpower.
29. When I accept myself, I am freed from the burden of needing you to accept me. – Dr. Steve Maraboli
30. You are something magical.
31. She has fire in her soul and grace in her heart.
32. As I began to love myself my relationship with everyone changed.
33. Your relationship with yourself sets the tone for every other relationship you have.
34. Reclaim your belongings first by reconnecting with your soul – and then by loving your world from that powerful inner center of love, sovereignty and wholes. – Hiro Boys
35. Love and accept yourself without conditions.
36. You have been taught that there is something wrong with you and that you are imperfect, but there isn’t and you’re not. – Cheri Huber
37. Love yourself first and everything else will fall into place.
38. Your value isn’t in your doing or saying. It’s in your being.
39. Plant your own garden and decorate your own soul instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers.
40. Embrace your worthiness.
41. You are enough. You are so enough. It is unbelievable how enough you are.
42. Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.
43. Don’t forget to fall in love with yourself first. – Carre Bradshaw
44. Put yourself at the top of your to-do list every single day and the rest will fall into place.
45. If I am not good to myself, how can I expect anyone else to be good to me? – Maya Angelou
46. She leaves a little sparkle wherever she goes.
47. Your relationship with yourself sets the tone for every other relationship you have.
48. Be kinder to yourself. And then let your kindness flood the world. – Pema Chodron
49. Fall in love with taking care of yourself. Mind. Body. Spirit.
50. I know my worth, I’m priceless.
51. Magic is around you. You just have to believe in yourself.
52. You owe yourself the love that you so freely give to other people.
53. You carry so much love in your heart. Give some to yourself. – R.Z
54. One day I woke up and realized I was not made for anyone. I was made for me. I am my own.
55. It’s not selfish to love yourself, take care of yourself and make your happiness a priority. It’s necessary.
56. The greatest prison people live in, is the fear of what other people think.
57. The one thing that you have that nobody else has is you. Your voice. Your mind. Your story. Your vision. So write and draw and build and play. And dance and live. As long as you can.
58. Everything you need, your courage, strength, compassion and love; everything you need is already within you.
59. A lot of times, in our culture and our society, we put romantic love somehow on a higher plane than self-love and friendship love. You can’t do that. You have to honor and really fully invest in all these different loving relationships. – Delilah
60. Allowing myself to love God completely has obviously shed light on my self-love because he loves me more than I could ever love myself. – Angie Stone
61. Had we not loved ourselves at all, we could never have been obliged to love anything. So that self-love is the basis of all love. – Thomas Traherne
62. People should accept being single, because those are the moments you can really focus on yourself, and learning who you are. Then when you get in a relationship, you will be stronger and have a little bit more self-awareness, self-love, and the other ingredients for a healthy relationship. – Lauren London
63. Self-love is really a foundation for everything, and however you practice or express that is so, so important. – Solange Knowles
64. Well-ordered self-love is right and natural. – Thomas Aquinas
65. Jealousy contains more of self-love than of love.- Francois de La Rochefoucauld
66. Self-love is the source of all our other loves. – Pierre Corneille
67. This self-love is the instrument of our preservation; it resembles the provision for the perpetuity of mankind: it is necessary, it is dear to us, it gives us pleasure, and we must conceal it. – Voltaire
68. If you’re not happy about how you look, you have to question how much self-love you have. – Tyrese Gibson
69. To me, self-esteem is not self-love. It is self-acknowledgment, as in recognizing and accepting who you are. – Amity Gaige
70. We can climb mountains with self-love. – Samira Wiley
71. I was born with confidence in myself and who I am. Even when I was a little kid, I felt that, and I carried it all through my years. I’m 26 now, and I’m still that person. I think every woman needs to have that self-love. – Ricki-Lee Coulter
72. Self-love, it is obvious, remains always positive and active in our natures. – Gordon W. Allport
73. Experience proves that in this life peace and satisfaction are had, not by the listless but by those who are fervent in God’s service. And rightly so. For in their effort to overcome themselves and to rid themselves of self-love, they rid themselves of the roots of all passion and unrest. – Saint Ignatius
74. If we give our children sound self-love, they will be able to deal with whatever life puts before them. – Bell Hooks
75. I am a feminist, and what that means to me is much the same as the meaning of the fact that I am Black: it means that I must undertake to love myself and to respect myself as though my very life depends upon self-love and self-respect. – June Jordan
76. Well, I think everyone struggles with self-love. – Philip Seymour Hoffman
77. It is not love that should be depicted as blind, but self-love. – Voltaire
78. Self-hatred and self-love are equally self-centered. – Mason Cooley
79. Beauty, by way of fashion, has to do with confidence, with flattering silhouettes, with patterns, with proper fit for body type, and with an abundance of self-love! – Mary Lambert
80. It is a great delusion in those whose understanding has been darkened by self-love, to think that there is any obedience in the subject who tries to draw the superior to what he wishes. – Saint Ignatius
81. The lawgiver ought to be gentle, lenient and humane. The lawgiver ought to be a skilled architect who raises his building on the foundation of self-love, and the interest of all ought to be the product of the interests of each. – Cesare Beccaria
82. Self-love seems so often unrequited. – Anthony Powell
83. We think that we suffer from ingratitude, while in reality we suffer from self-love. – Walter Savage Landor
84. What men have called friendship is only a social arrangement, a mutual adjustment of interests, an interchange of services given and received; it is, in sum, simply a business from which those involved propose to derive a steady profit for their own self-love. – Francois de La Rochefoucauld
85. All of us wish we’d had perfect childhoods, with a mother and father who modeled ideal parental attitudes and taught us to internalize the tenets of self-love. Many of us, however, did not. – Marianne Williamson
86. The principle we call self-love never seeks anything external for the sake of the thing, but only as a means of happiness or good: particular affections rest in the external things themselves. – Joseph Butler
87. I wish that more people, especially young people, were taught about self-love at a younger age. – Jamila Woods
88. The object of self-love is expressed in the term self; and every appetite of sense, and every particular affection of the heart, are equally interested or disinterested, because the objects of them all are equally self or somewhat else. – Joseph Butler
89. Self-love then does not constitute THIS or THAT to be our interest or good; but, our interest or good being constituted by nature and supposed, self-love only puts us upon obtaining and securing it. – Joseph Butler
90. L’Oreal’s slogan ‘because you’re worth it’ has come to epitomize banal narcissism of early 21st century capitalism; easy indulgence and effortless self-love all available at a flick of the credit card. – Geoff Mulgan
91. Self-love for ever creeps out, like a snake, to sting anything which happens to stumble upon it. – Lord Byron
92. Pride in a man is confused with dignity; in a woman, with self-love. – Jose Bergamin
93. Christ tears away the wall of partition, the self-love, the dividing prejudice of nationality, and teaches a love for all the human family. – Ellen G. White
94. Our own self-love draws a thick veil between us and our faults. – Philip Stanhope
95. Loving our hair and accepting others’ is a simple but powerful way to encourage self-love and bring people together while celebrating our uniqueness. – Carolyn Aronson
96. I am a recovering narcissist. I thought narcissism was about self-love till someone told me there is a flip side to it. It is actually drearier than self-love; it is unrequited self-love. – Emily Levine
97. Consult your friend on all things, especially on those which respect yourself. His counsel may then be useful where your own self-love might impair your judgment. – Lucius Annaeus Seneca
98. He fell in love with himself at first sight, and it is a passion to which he has always remained faithful.
99. I don’t think anyone’s ever accused me of too much self-love. – Meghan Daum
100. I think self-love isn’t some destination you get to and you are then incapable of feeling those feelings, but a journey in which you adapt your experiences to make for a happier life. – Paloma Elsesser
101. Consumerist Ads brainwash us into individualist and egotistic self-love. – Fatema Mernissi
102. We often choose a friend as we do a mistress – for no particular excellence in themselves, but merely from some circumstance that flatters our self-love. – William Hazlitt
103. Love of our neighbor, then, has just the same respect to, is no more distant from, self-love, than hatred of our neighbor, or than love or hatred of anything else. – Joseph Butler
104. Every day, at home, I have the astonishing and humbling opportunity – together with my wife Sophie – to nurture empathy, compassion, self-love, and a keen sense of justice in our three kids. – Justin Trudeau
105. As much as I preach self-love, it’s so hard for me to love myself. It’s really hard, and it’s just about building a good network of people and, in this case, a good network of artists. Trying to live with your ideals as best as you can. – Petra Collins
106. The private interest of the individual would not be sufficiently provided for by reasonable and cool self-love alone; therefore the appetites and passions are placed within as a guard and further security, without which it would not be taken care of. – Joseph Butler
107. Muhammad Ali inside the ring and Muhammad Ali outside the ring were totally different men; his abrasive, magnetic daring and infectious self-love outside the ring galvanized the world and distracted many from his sniper’s precision. He was a heavyweight with the fluttering gracefulness of a middleweight. – Elvis Mitchell
108. Thus self-love as one part of human nature, and the several particular principles as the other part, are, themselves, their objects and ends, stated and shown. – Joseph Butler
109. A modest dose of self-love is entirely healthy – who would want to live in a world where everyone hated themselves? But taken too far, it soon becomes poisonous. – Geoff Mulgan
110. There is a pride, a self-love, in human minds that will seldom be kept so low as to make men and women humbler than they ought to be. – Samuel Richardson
111. Self-love is a big part of golf. – Lewis Black
112. The delusions of self-love cannot be prevented, but intellectual misconceptions as to the means of achieving success may be corrected. – George Henry Lewes
113. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection. – Buddha
114. Until you value yourself, you won’t value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it. – M. Scott Peck
115. A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval. – Mark Twain
116. Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life, but define yourself. – Harvey Fierstein
117. Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world. – Lucille Ball
118. Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one. – Eleanor Roosevelt
119. If only you could sense how important you are to the lives of those you meet; how important you can be to people you may never even dream of. There is something of yourself that you leave at every meeting with another person. – Fred Rogers
120. Low self-esteem is like driving through life with your handbrake on. – Maxwell Maltz
121. What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
122. When you recover or discover something that nourishes your soul and brings joy, care enough about yourself to make room for it in your life. – Jean Shinoda Bolen
123. Self-care is never a selfish act—it is simply good stewardship of the only gift I have, the gift I was put on earth to offer to others. – Parker Palmer
124. When you adopt the viewpoint that there is nothing that exists that is not part of you, that there is no one who exists who is not part of you, that any judgment you make is self-judgment, that any criticism you level is self-criticism, you will wisely extend to yourself an unconditional love that will be the light of the world. – Harry Palmer
125. Why should we worry about what others think of us, do we have more confidence in their opinions than we do our own? – Brigham Young
126. To establish true self-esteem we must concentrate on our successes and forget about the failures and the negatives in our lives. – Denis Waitley
127. A healthy self-love means we have no compulsion to justify to ourselves or others why we take vacations, why we sleep late, why we buy new shoes, why we spoil ourselves from time to time. We feel comfortable doing things which add quality and beauty to life. – Andrew Matthews
128. Our self-respect tracks our choices. Every time we act in harmony with our authentic self and our heart, we earn our respect. It is that simple. Every choice matters. – Dan Coppersmith
129. People may flatter themselves just as much by thinking that their faults are always present to other people’s minds, as if they believe that the world is always contemplating their individual charms and virtue. – Elizabeth Gaskell
130. Don’t rely on someone else for your happiness and self-worth. Only you can be responsible for that. If you can’t love and respect yourself – no one else will be able to make that happen. Accept who you are – completely; the good and the bad – and make changes as YOU see fit – not because you think someone else wants you to be different. – Stacey Charter
131. Don’t ask yourself what the world needs, ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive. – Howard Washington Thurman
132. Too many people overvalue what they are not and undervalue what they are. – Malcolm S. Forbes
133. Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe that your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires courage. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
134. Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world straight in the face. – Helen Keller
135. You have been criticizing yourself for years, and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens. – Louise L. Hay
136. To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance. – Oscar Wilde
137. Be faithful to that which exists within yourself. – André Gide
138. Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does. – William James
139. The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen. – Elizabeth Kubler-Ross
140. You’re always with yourself, so you might as well enjoy the company. – Diane Von Furstenberg
141. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes. – Carl Gustav Jung
142. No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. – Eleanor Roosevelt
143. The better you feel about yourself, the less you feel the need to show off. – Robert Hand
144. I think everybody’s weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it. – Johnny Depp
145. You are very powerful, provided you know how powerful you are. – Yogi Bhajan
146. It ain’t what they call you, it’s what you answer to. – W.C. Fields
147. It’s surprising how many persons go through life without ever recognizing that their feelings toward other people are largely determined by their feelings toward themselves, and if you’re not comfortable within yourself, you can’t be comfortable with others. – Sidney J. Harris
148. There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. – Anaïs Nin
149. It took me a long time not to judge myself through someone else’s eyes. – Sally Field
150. When I loved myself enough, I began leaving whatever wasn’t healthy. This meant people, jobs, my own beliefs and habits – anything that kept me small. My judgment called it disloyal. Now I see it as self-loving. – Kim McMillen
151. The best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own. No apologies or excuses. No one to lean on, rely on, or blame. The gift is yours – it is an amazing journey – and you alone are responsible for the quality of it. This is the day your life really begins. – Bob Moawad
152. Self-pity gets you nowhere. One must have the adventurous daring to accept oneself as a bundle of possibilities and undertake the most interesting game in the world making the most of one’s best. – Harry Emerson Fosdick
153. It is never too late to be what you might have been. – George Eliot