Love is expressed in many different ways. It can be expressed through actions or words. Even though people have different personalities, culture, gender, and race, we each have our own way of expressing love as well. Letting someone know you love them doesn’t always have to cost money. Sometimes, a simple and short love quote is enough to show how much you care. There are times our own words are not enough to describe our feelings, and that’s okay. We will not always find the right words to say; a little help from the internet may be all you need. In fact, it’s the reason why we compiled these beautiful short love quotes. We want to help you out!
The quotes we’re sharing with you may be short but they are all meaningful and special. Of course, it’s much better to include flowers and maybe a surprise dinner date to make your confession of love extra special, but it doesn’t always have to be that way. Sometimes, your presence and affection mean more than a thousand words you say.
We hope these short love quotes will not only make you and your loved one smile but will also keep your relationship sweeter as the years go by!
Short Love Quotes
1. Love is when you meet someone who tells you something new about yourself. – Andre Breton
2. Love is never wrong. – Melissa Etheridge
3. We love the things we love for what they are. – Robert Frost
4. A flower cannot blossom without sunshine, and man cannot live without love. – Max Muller
5. Being in love with you makes every day an interesting one.
6. I love you a lottle, its like a little but a lot.
7. Speak low, if you speak love. – William Shakespeare
8. If you love it enough, anything will talk with you. – George Washington Carver
9. Where there is love, there is life. – Mahatma Gandhi
10. Love comforteth like sunshine after rain. – William Shakespeare
11. Love is a game that two can play and both win. – Eva Gabor
12. Loving you never was an option – it was necessity.
13. A man is already halfway in love with any woman who listens to him. – Brendan Francis
14. Your love is all I need to feel complete.
15. There is more pleasure in loving than in being beloved. – Thomas Fuller
16. If music be the food of love, play on. – William Shakespeare
17. Stand by your man. Give him two arms to cling to and something warm to come to. – Tammy Wynette
18. Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none. – William Shakespeare
19. Time doesn’t matter love is forever.
20. Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality. – Emily Dickinson
21. Love is a better master than duty. – Albert Einstein
22. What is love? It is the morning and the evening star. – Sinclair Lewis
23. We love because it’s the only true adventure. – Nikki Giovanni
24. It was love at first sight, at last sight, at ever and ever sight. – Vladimir Nabokov
25. Every love story is beautiful, but ours is my favorite.
26. We accept the love we think we deserve. – Stephen Chbosky
27. Love harder than any pain you’ve ever felt.
28. If I know what love is, it is because of you. – Hermann Hesse
29. Love loves to love love. – James Joyce
30. Love is friendship set on fire. – Jeremy Taylor
31. I love you. I am at rest with you. I have come home. – Dorothy L. Sayers
32. I have found that if you love life, life will love you back. – Arthur Rubinstein
33. Tis better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all. – Alfred Tennyson
34. First love is only a little foolishness and a lot of curiosity. – George Bernard Shaw
35. Love’s gift cannot be given, it waits to be accepted. – Rabindranath Tagore
36. Genuine love involves not only passion, but also commitment and wisdom.
37. When love is at its best, one loves so much that he cannot forget. – Helen Hunt Jackson
38. It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important. – Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
39. Love is a trap. When it appears, we see only its light, not its shadows. – Paulo Coehlo
40. Love is an energy which exists of itself. It is its own value. – Thornton Wilder
41. Loving you is both my biggest weakness and greatest strength.
42. You’re like the love of my dreams but better. You’re real.
43. If you don’t want me, don’t mess with my feelings.
44. You’re kinda, sorta, basically, pretty much always on my mind.
45. Your hand is the only one I ever need to hold.
46. I’m addicted to the way I feel when I think of you.
47. When I follow my heart, it leads me to you.
48. You’re not my number one, you’re my only one.
49. I never planned it, but you are the best thing that has ever happened to me.
50. Even though I have seen you a hundred times, I still get butterflies each time I see you.
51. Thank you for always making me laugh even when I cannot even dare to give a smile.
52. In all honesty, I am only happy when I see that you are happy. I guess that’s how I love you.
53. I love you, not just because of who you are but for what I have become when I am with you.
54. I cannot love myself so much and this is why I need you to love me.
55. Fight for me and I promise that I will do the same for you.
56. True love does not really mean being inseparable. It just means being separated, yet, nothing ever changes.
57. I want to run away with you. In a place where there is no one but only me and you.
58. Love is life. Thus, if you miss love, then you miss life.
59. I’m never afraid to fall in love. I am just afraid to fall for the wrong person again.
60. If I don’t adore and cherish you, then I surely don’t deserve you.
61. Please tell me what I have done to deserve you in my life. I just want to be sure that I keep on doing it.
62. You’re the reason why I’m breathing, yet sometimes you just take my breath away.
63. Each and every single day, I am truly grateful for having you.
64. I have fallen for you because of all those little things you are never aware of.
65. If you are a book I borrowed from the library, then I would never give it back.
66. I will not follow you to the dark. Instead, I will walk ahead and light the way for you.
67. Distance is never an issue, because in the end, I know I have you.
68. When you’re beside me, I feel like all my problems vanish in the air.
69. Thank you for making every miracle possible for me.
70. I will love you until all the stars go out and the tides will no longer turn.
71. I never would have accomplished what I have today without you in my life.
72. Every time I would look into your eyes, I know you are the one for me.
73. I never know how it feels to laugh stupidly at someone right before I met you, I love you.
74. Every time I would stare into your eyes, it’s like I have found the mirror to my soul.
75. You are the source of my joy, the center of my world and the whole of my heart.
76. I don’t need paradise because I found you. I don’t need dreams because I already have you.
77. Everywhere I look, I am reminded of your love. You are my world.
78. If I know what love is, it is because of you. – Hermann Hesse
79. I can’t stop thinking about you, today, tomorrow, always.
80. Thank you for always being my rainbow after the storm.
81. God is keeping me alive but you are keeping me in love.
82. Walk with me through life and I’ll have everything I’ll need for the journey.
83. I may not be your first date, kiss or love but I want to be your last everything.
84. The best feeling is when you look at him…and he is already staring.
85. Together with you is my favorite place to be.
86. I still fall in love with you every day.
87. The sun is up, the sky is blue, today is beautiful and so are you.
88. Thank God someone threw me away so you could pick me up and love me.
89. I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. – Ray Croft
90. To the world you may be one person, but to one person you are the world. – Bill Wilson
91. I look at you and see the rest of my life in front of my eyes.
92. All, everything that I understand, I only understand because I love. – Leo Tolstoy
93. And remember, as it was written, to love another person is to see the face of God. – Les Miserables
94. To love is nothing. To be loved is something. But to love and be loved, that’s everything. – T. Tolis
95. In order to be happy oneself it is necessary to make at least one other person happy. – Theodor Reik
96. I swear I couldn’t love you more than I do right now, and yet I know I will tomorrow. – Leo Christopher
97. You don’t love someone because they’re perfect, you love them in spite of the fact that they’re not. – Jodi Picoult
98. I would rather spend one lifetime with you, than face all the ages of this world alone. – Lord of The Rings
99. It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages. – Friedrich Nietzsche
100. At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet. – Plato
101. Pleasure of love lasts but a moment. Pain of love lasts a lifetime. – Bette Davis
102. Love is like war: easy to begin but very hard to stop. – H. L. Mencken
103. We are shaped and fashioned by those we love. – Geothe
104. When love is not madness it is not love. – Pedro Calderón de la Barca
105. You have bewitched me body and soul, and I love, I love, I love you. – Love & Prejudice
106. Love is so short, forgetting is so long. – Pablo Neruda
107. One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love. – Sophocles
108. I wish I could turn back the clock. I’d find you sooner and love you longer.
109. The greatest thing you’ll ever learn Is to love and be loved in return. – Natalie Cole
110. I have decided to stick to love; hate is too great a burden to bear. – Martin Luther King, Jr.
111. All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt. – Charles Schulz
112. Where there is love there is life. – Mahatma Gandhi
113. And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make. – Paul McCartney
114. There is a madness in loving you, a lack of reason that makes it feel so flawless. – Leo Christopher
115. All of me loves all of you. – John Legend
116. I am going to need an oxygen tank if you keep taking my breath away.
117. I will never stop asking you to marry me, so that you always know that I love you as much as the day I first asked.
118. Thank you for taking care of me, for inspiring me, for believing in me, for encouraging me and, above all, for loving me.
119. There is no need to say anything. Look into my eyes and you will see my soul and it will show you my love for you.
120. Thank you for going on this journey through life with me. There is nobody else I would rather have by my side.
121. Thank you for always making me feel like the most beautiful woman in the world.
122. I am so proud of you, I am so in love with you, I am so grateful to have you in my life.
123. The best feeling is when I look at you and you are already staring.
124. I love it that you make me feel like we are the only two people in the world. Perhaps that is because you truly are my world.
126. You are the greatest man that I could ever imagine. You go beyond my wildest dreams.
127. I don’t need paradise because I found you, I don’t need dreams because you’ve already come true.
128. My whole life I was a puzzle piece waiting to find its other half. Thank you for being my other half and completing me.
129. When I look into your eyes, I see the soul that was made especially for me.
130. My favorite place to be is together with you. Wherever you are is where I want to be.
131. I hope you know CPR because you take my breath away.
132. You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because the reality is finally better than your dreams. – Dr. Seuss
133. For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul. – Judy Garland
134. f I know what love is, it is because of you. – Hermann Hesse
135. When we love, we see the infinite in the finite. We find the Creator in the creation. – Eliphas Levi
136. To love is to return to a home we never left, to remember who we are. – Sam Keen
137. Tell me who you love and I’ll tell you who you are. – Creole Proverb
138. Love is the great solvent of all difficulties, all problems, all misunderstandings. – White Eagle
139. The only reward for love is the experience of loving. – John le Carré
140. There is no remedy for love but to love more. – Henry David Thoreau
141. Do you love me because I am beautiful, or am I beautiful because you love me? – Oscar Hammerstein II
142. To fall in love is awfully simple, but to fall out of love is simply awful. – Bess Myerson
143. All love is sweet – given or returned. – Percy Bysshe Shelley
144. You are my breath, my love, my very life.
145. Today I caught myself smiling for no reason… then I realized I was thinking about you.
146. He’s everything to me. He’s perfect for me. But the best part of all… is that he loves me.
147. I would have followed him to hell, if he asked me, and maybe I did.
148. Kiss me, and you may see stars. Love me, and I will give them to you.
149. You’re such a loser but you’re my loser.
150. Thinking of you is easy – I do it every day. Missing you is the heartache, that never goes away.
151. Grow old along with me; the best is yet to be. – Robert Browning
152. Friends show their love in times of trouble, not in happiness. – Euripides
153. Let the beauty of what you love be what you do. – Rumi
154. May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live. – Robert A. Heinlein
155. True love stories never have endings. – Richard Bach
156. The best proof of love is trust. – Joyce Brothers
157. It is impossible to love and to be wise. – Francis Bacon
158. The fate of love is that it always seems too little or too much. – Amelia Barr
159. If you have only one smile in you give it to the people you love. – Maya Angelou
160. A flower doesn’t love you or hate you, it just exists. – Mike White
161. Love is the outreach of self toward completion. – Ralph W. Sockman
162. What is love? It is the morning and the evening star. – Sinclair Lewis
163. I am in you and you in me, mutual in divine love. – William Blake
164. Love is the flower you’ve got to let grow. – John Lennon
165. Love begins by taking care of the closest ones – the ones at home. – Mother Teresa
166. The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. – Bertrand Russell
167. The greatest healing therapy is friendship and love. – Hubert H. Humphrey
168. The course of true love never did run smooth. – William Shakespeare
169. Life without love is like a tree without blossoms or fruit. – Khalil Gibran
170. No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. – George Chakiris
171. Love is the beauty of the soul. – Saint Augustine
172. True love is selfless. It is prepared to sacrifice. – Sadhu Vaswani
173. Love planted a rose, and the world turned sweet. – Katharine Lee Bates
174. I love you more than my own skin. – Frida Kahlo
175. Love is flower like; Friendship is like a sheltering tree. – Samuel Taylor Coleridge
176. Love does not claim possession but gives freedom. – Rabindranath Tagore
177. I have found that if you love life, life will love you back. – Arthur Rubinstein
178. Jealousy contains more of self-love than of love. – Francois de La Rochefoucauld
179. You can’t blame gravity for falling in love. – Albert Einstein
180. When love is at its best, one loves so much that he cannot forget. – Helen Hunt Jackson
181. Eternity is in love with the productions of time. – William Blake
182. If thou must love me, let it be for naught except for love’s sake only. – Elizabeth Barrett Browning
183. I am happiest when I’m right next to you.
184. My night has become a sunny dawn because of you.
185. The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.
186. You may hold my hand for a while, but you hold my heart forever.
187. I need you like a heart needs a beat.
188. Your love is all I need to feel complete.
189. Come live in my heart and pay no rent.
190. You are my song. You are my song of love.
191. If I know what love is, it is because of you.
192. Sex alleviates tension. Love causes it.
193. Where there is Love, There is Life.
194. A simple ‘I love you’ means more than money.
195. I’m much more me when I’m with you.
196. You’re nothing short of my everything.
197. For you see, each day I love you more.
198. I love you with every beat of my heart.
199. You’re that part of me I’ll always need.
200. I don’t want someone like you, I want you.
201. Your voice is my favorite sound.
202. We fall in love by chance, we stay in love by choice.
203. You make me happy in a way no one else can.
204. Your smile conquers my heart.
205. You’re all my heart ever talks about.
206. My favorite place in the world is next to you.
207. My love, you are worth it all.
208. Loving you was the best decision of my life.
209. I melt when you call me baby.
210. You stole my heart, but I’ll let you keep it.
211. One love, one heart, one destiny.
212. Tears are words the heart can’t say.
213. You have no idea how much I care about you.
214. Here’s to love, laughter and happily ever after.
215. Come live in my heart and never leave.
216. I love it when we can be weird together.
217. I want a marriage more beautiful than my wedding.
218. You have my whole heart for my whole life.
219. If I did anything right in my life, it was when I gave my heart to you.
220. You hurt me but I still love you.
221. People confuse ego, lust, insecurity with true love. – Simon Cowell
222. I love you – I am at rest with you – I have come home. – Dorothy L. Sayers
223. Love is like a virus. It can happen to anybody at any time. – Maya Angelou
224. A lot of good love can happen in ten years. – Jim Carrey
225. Life is a game and true love is a trophy. – Rufus Wainwright
226. Love is the silent saying and saying of a single name. – Mignon McLaughlin
227. Love often wears a mask in order to test loyalty. – Minna Antrim
228. Love is not to be purchased, and affection has no price. – St. Jerome
229. If I love you, I show you I love you every day. Little things, big things. – Dwayne Johnson
230. If you want to love others, I think you should love yourself first. – RM
231. There is a woman at the beginning of all great things. Alphonse de Lamartine
232. The body of a beautiful woman is not made for love; it is too exquisite. – Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec
233. I love when people underestimate me and then become pleasantly surprised. – Kim Kardashian
234. To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance. – Oscar Wilde
235. I love you all too much, it’s one of just of my problems. – Herve Villechaize
236. My love for you is a journey; Starting at forever, and ending at never.
237. I love you – those three words have my life in them.
238. All of me loves all of you. – John Legend
239. Because I could watch you for a single minute and find a thousand things that I love about you.
240. And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make. – Paul McCartney
241. I never knew you were that someone waiting for me. Thank you for never giving up.
242. If this is the only life I have to live, I want to spend the rest of it with you.
243. You gave my life a whole new meaning. I will never let you go.
244. Now and forever, you and I.
245. I may not be able to give you everything but one thing is for sure, all I am is yours.