People who are grateful for the things they have or don’t have are typically the ones who live a life of harmony and contentment. We must always say thank you to God for everything we receive in life, may it be a struggle or a blessing. When we know how to say thank you, we attract more opportunities and blessings that we wouldn’t be able to have if we kept on complaining about the things that didn’t go our way. Being thankful reflects our character and shows us who we are going to be in the future. Saying thank you to every person you meet is a great way to practice a life full of gratefulness.
On the other hand, saying thank you to our loved ones makes them happy and appreciated as well. It lets them know we recognize their existence and that we see their hard work. It gives you positive vibes as well. A thankful heart emits happiness to the people around you. It doesn’t do any harm; instead, it creates good things.
We hope these thank you quotes we prepared for you become an inspiration for you to be thankful every single day and be able to enjoy the benefits of a thankful heart for the rest of your life.
Thank You Quotes
1. Thank you, God, for this good life and forgive us if we do not love it enough. – Garrison Keillor
2. Take time to be kind and to say ‘thank you.’ – Zig Ziglar
3. Whenever I want to laugh, I read a wonderful book, ‘Children’s Letters to God.’ You can open it anywhere. One I read recently said, ‘Dear God, thank you for the baby brother, but what I prayed for was a puppy.’ – Maya Angelou
4. Thank you to all for your prayers and good wishes. It gave me the strength to persevere and warmed my heart. – Steven Cojocaru
5. I need your help. I am injured, near death, and too weak to hike out of here. I am all alone. This is no joke. In the name of God, please remain to save me. I am out collecting berries close by and shall return this evening. Thank you, Chris McCandless. – Christopher McCandless
6. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant. – Max de Pree
7. What if you gave someone a gift, and they neglected to thank you for it – would you be likely to give them another? Life is the same way. In order to attract more of the blessings that life has to offer, you must truly appreciate what you already have. – Ralph Marston
8. Well, a lot of people don’t know this about me, but I’m actually shy around people I don’t know. I would just say with my first concert, my first tour, I didn’t really talk onstage. I was like, ‘Thank you, I love you guys,’ or whatever. But now I’ve just kind of learned to work a crowd. – Avril Lavigne
9. The last thing I say on most phone calls is not, ‘Goodbye,’ but, ‘Thank you.’ – Marshall Goldsmith
10. Thank you for listening. Thank you for abiding me. And now, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages, I bid you goodbye and take my leave. – Frank Deford
11. Thank you for the sacrifices you and your families are making. Our Vietnam Veterans have taught us that no matter what are positions may be on policy, as Americans and patriots, we must support all of our soldiers with our thoughts and our prayers. – Zack Wamp
12. Feeling good about your life, but not expressing a heartfelt ‘thank you,’ is like wrapping a gift for someone and never giving it to them. – Chip Conley
13. Thank you, hard taco shells, for surviving the long journey from factory, to supermarket, to my plate and then breaking the moment I put something inside you. Thank you. – Jimmy Fallon
14. When I wake up every morning, I smile and say, ‘Thank you.’ Because out of my window I can see the mountains, then go hiking with my dog and share her bounding joy in the world. – Carole King
15. Say thank you. Say it often, and say it with meaning. – Marne Levine
16. As a kid, I lived in a fantasy world. I used to believe ants could talk. Not once did they say thank you. – Willard Wigan
17. We all have our down days, but it’s not hard to smile and say, ‘Thank you.’ – Yvette Nicole Brown
18. The objects you decide to keep, the ones that gave you the spark of joy? Treasure them from now on. When you put things away, you can actually audibly say, ‘Hey, thank you for the good work today.’ By doing so, it becomes easier for you to put the objects away and treasure them, which prolongs the spark of joy environment. – Marie Kondo
19. During 65 years, I have walked the path of duty and discipline. And today, looking back at that long path of service, my soldier’s heart stirs and murmurs from deep within: Thank you. Thank you, my homeland. – Augusto Pinochet
20. The thing that I think is the most important is taking moments to express your appreciation to your partner. A thank you or a quick kiss can go a long way toward affirming your relationship and commitment to each other. That’s not hard to do even when you’re juggling insane careers and three kids. – Michael Ian Black
21. God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say ‘thank you?’ – William Arthur Ward
22. Before I get out of bed, I am saying thank you. I know how important it is to be thankful. – Al Jarreau
23. Thank you, dear God, for this good life and forgive us if we do not love it enough. Thank you for the rain. And for the chance to wake up in three hours and go fishing: I thank you for that now, because I won’t feel so thankful then. – Garrison Keillor
24. The simple act of saying ‘thank you’ is a demonstration of gratitude in response to an experience that was meaningful to a customer or citizen. – Simon Mainwaring
25. The joy I get from winning a major championship doesn’t even compare to the feeling I get when a kid writes a letter saying: ‘Thank you so much. You have changed my life.’ – Tiger Woods
26. Being a mom makes you far more compassionate. You have more empathy for people, more love. I was always taught to say thank you, and I’m very grateful. And my kids have that quality, too. – Florence Henderson
27. Father, we thank you, especially for letting me fly this flight – for the privilege of being able to be in this position, to be in this wondrous place, seeing all these many startling, wonderful things that you have created. – Gordon Cooper
28. Portia and I constantly say to each other, ‘We are so lucky.’ Sometimes it’s lying in bed at night before I go to sleep, and I just say thank you to whatever, whoever is out there. – Ellen DeGeneres
29. Thank you to the children whose innocent words encouraged me. – Malala Yousafzai
30. You can think you’re living in the moment and you’re thankful, but when somebody comes face to face with you and says, ‘I just lost my child,’ or ‘I have months to live, and thank you.’ I’m of course sad for them, but I’m thankful that I gave them a gift and they’re giving me a gift. – Tig Notaro
31. Thank you for being the reason I smile.
32. Thank you for being you
33. Here’s to those who inspire you and don’t even know it.
34. Thank you for brightening my world.
35. Let us be kinder to one another. – Aldous Huxley
36. You’ve always believed in me. Thank you.
37. Thank you for being an important part of my story.
38. There is always, always, always something to be thankful for.
39. As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. – John F. Kennedy
40. You cannot do a kindness too soon because you never know how soon it will be too late. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
41. Never let the things you want make you forget the things you have.
42. The real gift of gratitude is that the more grateful you are, the more present you become. – Robert Holden
43. A moment of gratitude makes a difference in your attitude. – Bruce Wilkinson
44. When we focus on our gratitude, the tide of disappointment goes out and the tide of love rushes in. – Kristin Armstrong
45. Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all others. – Cicero
46. It is not joy that makes us grateful; it is gratitude that makes us joyful. – David Steinall-Rast
47. Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgiving, turn routine jobs into joy and change ordinary opportunities into blessings. – William Arthur Ward
48. Develop an attitude of gratitude and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation. – Brian Tracy
49. Gratitude is the open door to abundance.
50. Gratitude is the sign of noble souls. – Aesop
51. Showing gratitude is one of the simplest yet most powerful things humans can do for each other. – Randy Pausch
52. I appreciate you more because of the road I’ve traveled. My story brought me to you and I wouldn’t revise a word of my past if it led me anywhere but to your door. – Aaron Polson
53. I appreciate you especially your heart.
54. Make it a habit to tell people thank you. To express your appreciation, sincerely and without the expectation of anything in return. Truly appreciate those around you, and you’ll soon find many others around you. Truly appreciate life and you’ll find that you have more of it. – Ralph Marston
55. Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well. – Voltaire
56. Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom. – Marcel Proust
57. Appreciation can make a day, even change a life. Your willingness to put it all into words is all that is necessary. – Margaret Cousins
58. Change your expectation for appreciation and the world changes instantly. – Tony Robbins
59. You changed my life without even trying, and I don’t think I could ever tell you how much you mean to me. I can’t imagine what things would be like if I hadn’t met you. – Steve Maraboli
60. Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough. – Oprah Winfrey
61. If we magnified blessings as much as we magnify disappointments, we would all be much happier. – John Wooden
62. Now and then it’s good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy. – Guillaume Apollinaire
63. It isn’t what you have in your pocket that makes you thankful, but what you have in your heart.
64. I feel a very unusual sensation—if it is not indigestion, I think it must be gratitude. – Benjamin Disraeli
65. Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
66. The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention. – Oscar Wilde
67. God gave us our relatives; thank God we can choose our friends. – Ethel Watts Mumford
68. Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. – Mark Twain
69. There’s always something to be thankful for. If you can’t pay your bills, you can be thankful you’re not one of your creditors.
70. Thank you for always being there for me even when I’m being a pain in the rear.
71. I couldn’t find a card that expressed my gratitude the way I wanted. I need a card that gives you a big hug.
72. You put the you in thank you!
73. My life is so blessed with some of the most amazing people. Thank you for being part of my journey.
74. Sometimes saying thank you is not enough to express all the gratitude I feel to you, so I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything you have given me.
75. Always remember to thank God for what he has give you that you didn’t ask for
76. Dear God, I want to take a moment, not to ask for anything from you, but simply to say thank you for everything.
77. My friend, thanks for being patient with my craziness and unusual habits. Because of your friendship I have learned to love and accept myself the way I really am.
78. Knowing that I have friends who appreciate and love me, is the best feeling in the world. thank you to all my wonderful friends. You guys are wonderful
79. Today, take time to thank the people that have done you wrong. Without knowing it, they have made you stronger.
80. We must find time to stop and thank the people who make a difference in our lives
81. The best things in life are the people you love, the places you’ve seen, and the memories you’ve made along the way.
82. Be thankful for what you have. You’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never ever have enough.
83. The best kind of friends are those that enter your life, and help you to see a blue sky where before there was a cloudy sky. They are the ones that have so much faith in you that you start having faith in yourself. These are the friends we should be grateful for.
84. Your friendship is a special gift. Generously given, happily accepted, and deeply appreciated.
85. Dear past, I’m grateful for your lessons. Dear future, I’m ready for you. Dear God, thank you for giving me another chance.
86. When life was tough on me and I was all alone… You came in and guided me through the ups and downs. Thank you so much.
87. Dear God, thank you for today, yesterday, and tomorrow. My family, my joys, and my sorrows. For all that made me who I am.
88. I sometimes forget to say thank you to the people who make the biggest difference in my life. Who help to make the bad stuff bearable, and the good stuff much more fun. So thank you from the bottom of my heart for being my friend.
89. To my friend. Worries in my life are halved because I can share them with you. Happiness in my life is doubled because you never let me feel blue. Thank you.
90. Thanking God everyday for my family, my health, my trials, my success, my tears, my laughter. Everything which makes me and matures me.
91. Dear Universe, I thank you for everything in my life, from the bottom of my heart.
92. A special thank you from my heart, to a person so special in my life. To a person who means a lot. A special thank you from me to you, for making life feel like new. A very big thank you.
93. Thank you for simply being there. You didn’t try to fix me, but just let me feel supported and cared for.
94. I couldn’t find a card that expresses all the gratitude I feel for you. I need a card that gives you a big hug.
95. To all my doubters, thank you very much because you guys have also pushed me.
96. So much of me is made of what I learned from you. You’ll be with me like a handprint on my heart.
97. Cultivate the habit of being grateful for every good thing that comes to you, and give thanks continuously. And because all things have contributed to your advancement, you should include all things in your gratitude.
98. God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say ‘Thank you’?
99. The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, is gratitude.
100. Because of you, I laugh a little harder, cry a little less, and smile a lot more.
101. You are wealthy, when you are happy and content with what you have.
102. You’re a whole lot of lovely. Yes, you.
103. A grateful heart is a magnet for miracles.
104. A grateful heart is a magnet for miracles.
105. Dear Lord, I don’t know how I would do it without you. Thank you.
106. I’m thankful for my challenges because without them I wouldn’t have found my strength.
107. Do something today that your future self will thank you for.
108. Dear Universe, I thank you for everything in my life, from the bottom of my heart.
109. Music is love, love is music, music is life, and I love my life. Thank you and good night. – A. J. McLean
110. In my deepest, darkest moments, what really got me through was a prayer. Sometimes my prayer was ‘Help me.’ Sometimes a prayer was ‘Thank you.’ What I’ve discovered is that intimate connection and communication with my creator will always get me through because I know my support, my help, is just a prayer away. – Iyanla Vanzant
111. Make it a habit to tell people thank you. To express your appreciation, sincerely and without the expectation of anything in return. Truly appreciate those around you, and you’ll soon find many others around you. Truly appreciate life, and you’ll find that you have more of it. – Ralph Marston
112. I thank you God for this most amazing day, for the leaping greenly spirits of trees, and for the blue dream of sky and for everything which is natural, which is infinite, which is yes. – E.E Cummings
113. My parents couldn’t give me a whole lot of financial support, but they gave me good genes. My dad is a handsome son-of-a-gun, and my mom is beautiful. And I’ve definitely been the lucky recipient. So, thank you, Mom and Dad. – Ashton Kutcher
114. ‘Thank you’ is the best prayer that anyone could say. I say that one a lot. Thank you expresses extreme gratitude, humility, understanding. – Alice Walker
115. If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough. – Meister Eckhart
116. Thank you for life, and all the little ups and downs that make it worth living. – Travis Barker
117. A truly great mentor, hard to find difficult to part with impossible to forget we will miss you.
118. Talk about your blessings more than you talk about your burdens.
119. As you breathe right now, another person takes their last.
120. If I could sit across the porch from God, I’d thank Him for lending me to you.
121. I want to thank you for never being there anymore.
122. There is no better way to thank God for your sight than by giving a helping hand to someone in the dark.
123. Thank you for the world so sweet, thank you for the food we eat.
124. Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart.
125. Best friend, thank you for standing by my side when times get hard.
126. I may not have everything I want in life but I’m blessed enough to have all that I need.
127. Some old-fashioned things like fresh air and sunshine are hard to beat.
128. Being told you’re appreciated is one of the simplest and most uplifting things you can hear.
129. No matter how sure you are that a friend will be there for you.
130. Never let the things you want make you forget the things you have.
131. The greatest test of faith is when you don’t get what you want but still, you are able to say: “Thank you Lord”.
132. If we don’t feel grateful for what we already have, what makes us think we will be happy with more.
133. Dear God, thank you for this beautiful life.
134. It is not happy people who are thankful, it is thankful people who are happy.
135. Thank you for staying even if you had every reason to leave.
136. Always give without remembering and always receive without forgetting.
137. I’m thankful for my struggle because without it I wouldn’t have stumbled across my strength.
138. You can’t force people to stay in your life.
139. I’m thankful for all those difficult people in my life, they have shown me exactly who I do not want to be.
140. A strong marriage requires loving your spouse even in those moments when they aren’t being lovable.
141. When you’re thankful for what you have, you are always rewarded with more.
142. Dear Past, thank you for all the life lessons you have taught me.
143. When you pray, God listens, when you listen, God talks, when you believe, God works.
144. Be thankful for the bad things in life, for they open your eyes to the good things.
145. Start each day with a thankful heart.