In life, there is always something to be thankful for. It’s easy to complain about how chaotic the world is and how people can be so evil towards one another, but complaining without action just doesn’t change anything. If we start to be thankful for everything we have, instead of what we do not have, we’ll start to appreciate our life on this earth more.
Simple things such as being able to walk, eat, see, hear – these are just some of the many gifts that were given to us so freely. Sometimes it’s just a matter of how we view things. We may hate our bosses at work, but guess what? We have a job. We may not like the leftovers we have in our fridge, but guess what? We have food.
We may hate the traffic every single day, but guess what? We still made it to our destination safe and sound. If we choose to look at the brighter side of life, we will discover the countless small things we sometimes take for granted but have so much value if we just take a closer look.
Perhaps, the reason why most of us find it difficult to be thankful is because we tend to identify a blessing as something we expect to be given to us. Something that we’ve been wanting for so long. If we don’t get what we want, we refuse to acknowledge what we already have.
We must realize that even the struggles, the emptiness, the failures, and the pain that we’re going through can be a blessing in disguise too! These difficulties will teach us what really matters most in life and encourages us to be the best version of ourselves.
We want to give you these inspirational thankful quotes to remind you of the many wonderful things you can be grateful for! We hope you start living a life full of gratitude today!
Thankful Quotes and Sayings
1. Be thankful for what you are now, and keep fighting for what you want to be tomorrow.
2. Thank you Universe for the good things in my life that I don’t know about yet.
3. Begin each day with a grateful heart.
4. Always be thankful for what you have. Many people have nothing.
5. I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, and dreams that turned into reality.
6. Nothing is a coincidence. Everything you’re experiencing is meant to happen exactly how it’s happening. Embrace the lessons. Be grateful.
7. There will always be people in your life who treat you wrong. Be sure to thank them for making you strong. – Zig Ziglar
8. Never forget who helped you out while everyone else was making excuses.
9. No matter how hard life can get, go to bed grateful for all you have.
10. One of the greatest gifts you can give someone is thanking them for being part of your life.
11. Happiness comes when we stop complaining about the troubles we have and offer thanks for the troubles we don’t have.
12. Life’s a beach. Enjoy the waves.
13. The best way to be happy is to turn the negatives into positives. Don’t let anyone steal your joy and be thankful for what you have.
14. Remember when you prayed for the things you have now.
15. When some things go wrong, take a moment to be thankful for a moment to be thankful for the many things that are going right.
16. Unfortunately, I’m not 185 and 6-3 and can run and catch fade routes all game. I do the dirty work. I’m all good. I’m thankful for it. Somebody’s got to do it. – Darnell Dockett
17. This little kid pointed at me and said, ‘You look disgusting!’ That was the first time I thought maybe I did. I decided I’d better start eating. I’m just thankful that I made it through with relatively few scars. – Susan Dey
18. I’ve done it all. I’m thankful and proud of what I’ve accomplished in my life. I hope to keep doing it. – Ralph Stanley
19. If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough. – Meister Eckhart
20. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow. – Melody Beattie
21. Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. – Melody Beattie
22. I was given such a great gift. It’s a miracle that never stops amazing me and reminding me to give thanks, every day. Having a wife and daughter gives me a lot more purpose. I was much more selfish before, but now I think about what kind of role model I’ll be. I just want to be a better man. – Jake Owen
23. Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough. – Oprah Winfrey
24. I have a lot to be thankful for. I am healthy, happy and I am loved. – Reba McEntire
25. Be true to yourself, help others, make each day your masterpiece, make friendship a fine art, drink deeply from good books – especially the Bible, build a shelter against a rainy day, give thanks for your blessings and pray for guidance every day. – John Wooden
26. Make it a habit to tell people thank you. To express your appreciation, sincerely and without the expectation of anything in return. Truly appreciate those around you, and you’ll soon find many others around you. Truly appreciate life, and you’ll find that you have more of it. – Ralph Marston
27. At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us. – Albert Schweitzer
28. Many times, the decisions we make affect and hurt your closest friends and family the most. I have a lot of regrets in that regard. But God has forgiven me, which I am very thankful for. It has enabled me to forgive myself and move forward one day at a time. – Lex Luger
29. I do believe that God blessed me in life with a wonderful family, a successful career, and a loving marriage, and remain thankful for that blessing. – Bonnie Tyler
30. When you practice gratefulness, there is a sense of respect toward others. – Dalai Lama
31. Whatever we are waiting for – peace of mind, contentment, grace, the inner awareness of simple abundance – it will surely come to us, but only when we are ready to receive it with an open and grateful heart. – Sarah Ban Breathnach
32. Let me encourage you to get up every day and focus on what you do have in life. Be thankful for the blessings of the little things, even when you don’t get what you expect. – Victoria Osteen
33. Thank you for life, and all the little ups and downs that make it worth living. – Travis Barker
34. Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others. – Marcus Tullius Cicero
35. When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around. – Willie Nelson
36. I’m thankful for every moment. – Al Green
37. I am thankful the most important key in history was invented. It’s not the key to your house, your car, your boat, your safety deposit box, your bike lock or your private community. It’s the key to order, sanity, and peace of mind. The key is ‘Delete.’ – Elayne Boosler
38. Thank you’ is the best prayer that anyone could say. I say that one a lot. Thank you expresses extreme gratitude, humility, and understanding. – Alice Walker
39. I’m just thankful I’m surrounded by good people. – Jon Pardi
40. I am even thankful for the negative things that have made me a stronger and better person. – Joanna Krupa
41. I am very thankful and blessed to have a healthy and happy baby boy and baby mama. – Eric Church
42. I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful – for all of it. – Kristin Armstrong
43. I don’t think you should spend your life praying for things, but I do believe you should thank God for what He’s given you. But I think the scripture teaches us that we can pray for our dreams, pray for the big things. He’s not a small God; this God is incredible. – Joel Osteen
44. If you suffer, thank God! It is a sure sign that you are alive. – Elbert Hubbard
45. Be grateful for what you have and stop complaining – it bores everybody else, does you no good, and doesn’t solve any problems. – Zig Ziglar
46. The thankful receiver bears a plentiful harvest. – William Blake
47. I pray to start my day and finish it in prayer. I’m just thankful for everything, all the blessings in my life, trying to stay that way. I think that’s the best way to start your day and finish your day. It keeps everything in perspective. – Tim Tebow
48. Appreciation is the highest form of prayer, for it acknowledges the presence of good wherever you shine the light of your thankful thoughts. – Alan Cohen
49. Let us be grateful to the mirror for revealing to us our appearance only. – Samuel Butler
50. Gratitude changes the pangs of memory into a tranquil joy. – Dietrich Bonhoeffer
51. Be thankful we’re not getting all the government we’re paying for. – Will Rogers
52. No one who achieves success does so without acknowledging the help of others.
53. The wise and confident acknowledge this help with gratitude. – Alfred North Whitehead
54. No one who achieves success does so without acknowledging the help of others.
55. The wise and confident acknowledge this help with gratitude. – Alfred North Whitehead
56. Gratitude is the most exquisite form of courtesy. – Jacques Maritain
57. Gratitude bestows reverence, allowing us to encounter everyday epiphanies, those transcendent moments of awe that change forever how we experience life and the world. – John Milton
58. I suffer the mortification of seeing myself attacked right and left by people at home professing patriotism and love of country who never heard the whistle of a hostile bullet. I pity them and the nation dependent on such for its existence. I am thankful, however, that, though such people make a great noise, the masses are not like them. – Ulysses S. Grant
59. There’s no happier person than a truly thankful, content person. – Joyce Meyer
60. Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns; I am thankful that thorns have roses. – Alphonse Karr
61. I give all the glory to God. It’s kind of a win-win situation. The glory goes up to Him and the blessings fall down on me. – Gabby Douglas
62. No duty is more urgent than that of returning thanks. James Allen
63. I don’t know about changing my perspective, because motherhood is such a glorious blessing and I am very thankful for that. It’s such a beautiful experience. I so strongly recommend it. Its bliss, love and fulfillment of another level. – Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
64. In the household in which I was raised, the themes were pretty simple. ‘Work hard. Don’t quit. Be appreciative, be thankful, be grateful, be respectful. Also, never whine, never complain. And always, for crying out loud, keep a sense of humor.’ – Michael Keaton
65. It’s been quite a roller coaster ride, but I’ve grown and learned a lot about myself. The greatest thing is being able to interact with fans and touch people’s lives. For that I give thanks. – Christina Aguilera
66. I believe that if you don’t derive a deep sense of purpose from what you do, if you don’t come radiantly alive several times a day, if you don’t feel deeply grateful at the tremendous good fortune that has been bestowed on you, then you are wasting your life. And life is too short to waste. – Srikumar Rao
67. It’s ironic that when you go through a tragedy, you appreciate more. You realize how fragile life is and that there are so many things to still be thankful for. – Adam Grant
68. If you are really thankful, what do you do? You share. – W. Clement Stone
69. Strive to find things to be thankful for, and just look for the good in who you are. – Bethany Hamilton
70. None of us got to where we are alone. Whether the assistance we received was obvious or subtle, acknowledging someone’s help is a big part of understanding the importance of saying thank you. – Harvey Mackay
71. The trick is to be grateful when your mood is high and graceful when it is low. – Richard Carlson
72. I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought, and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder. – Gilbert K. Chesterton
73. I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose. – Woody Allen
74. Just don’t let the hype of what people are saying and how much they love you, you know, just take the compliment and be thankful that people are complimenting you, but don’t let it consume you; don’t let your circumstances around you and the way people view you make you act a certain way. – Mary J. Blige
75. Whatever life throws at me I’ll take it and be grateful for it as well. Tom Felton
76. My advice: Take a second out of the day today and be thankful for your family. – Jenna Morasca
77. Thanksgiving is a time when the world gets to see just how blessed and how workable the Christian system is. The emphasis is not on giving or buying, but on being thankful and expressing that appreciation to God and to one another. – John Clayton
78. So many people have touched my heart and made an impact on my world. I’m thankful for every lesson and learning experience. – Bindi Irwin
79. When a person doesn’t have gratitude, something is missing in his or her humanity. – Elie Wiesel
80. I am what I am thanks to my mother, my father, my brother, my sister, because they have given me everything. The education I have is thanks to them. – Ronaldinho
81. I am thankful for all the blessings and talents I have been given, but most of all I am thankful for my loving and supportive family. – Olivia Holt
82. Dear Lord, I’m so grateful I’m still loved. – Vivien Leigh
83. At Thanksgiving, I always start at the top of my list and say I’m grateful for friends, family, and good health. Then I get more superficial… like being thankful for my Louboutins. – Christie Brinkley
84. The simple act of saying ‘thank you’ is a demonstration of gratitude in response to an experience that was meaningful to a customer or citizen. – Simon Mainwaring
85. I’m thankful because all the hard work and sacrifices were worth it in the end. – WizKid
86. Thank you, dear God, for this good life and forgive us if we do not love it enough. Thank you for the rain. And for the chance to wake up in three hours and go fishing: I thank you for that now, because I won’t feel so thankful then. – Garrison Keillor
87. Be thankful for problems. If they were less difficult, someone with less ability might have your job. – Jim Lovell
88. I feel grateful because I have a lot of love in my life. I found the person I’m sharing my life with. I have a good man. – Gisele Bundchen
89. Keep your eyes open to your mercies. The man who forgets to be thankful has fallen asleep in life. – Robert Louis Stevenson
90. I’m thankful to God that my life changed, but I’m also still on my grind. – Tory Lanez
91. I wouldn’t change anything. I’ve made mistakes, but thanks to those mistakes, I’ve learned. – Enrique Iglesias
92. I feel like I’m doing what I love. If I can get out, shoot, film and climb, and be with my friends and family, I’m happy. It doesn’t take a lot. I don’t need to climb huge mountains. I have a deep connection with wilderness and the environment, and I’m thankful for that. – Jimmy Chin
93. Whenever you feel like criticizing anyone…just remember that all the people in this world haven’t had the advantages that you’ve had. – F. Scott Fitzgerald
94. Be thankful for everything that happens in your life; it’s all an experience. – Roy T. Bennett
95. Sometimes the little things in life mean the most. – Ellen Hopkins
96. Gratitude means to recognize the good in your life, be thankful for whatever you have, some people may not even have one of those things you consider precious to you (love, family, friends etc). Each day give thanks for the gift of life. You are blessed. – Pablo
97. Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our God is a consuming fire. – Anonymous, Holy Bible
98. I’ve started to look at life differently. When you’re thanking God for every little you – every meal, every time you wake up, every time you take a sip of water – you can’t help but be more thankful for life itself, for the unlikely and miraculous fact that you exist at all. – A.J. Jacobs
99. A little “thank you” that you will say to someone for a “little favor” shown to you is a key to unlock the doors that hide unseen “greater favors”. Learn to say “thank you” and why not?”. – Israelmore Ayivor
100. The gift was not large as money goes, and my need was not great, but the spirit of the gift is beyond price and leaves me blessed and in debt. – Robert Fulghum
101. I want to thank you for the profound joy I’ve had in the in the thought of you. – Rosie Alison
102. In the New Year, never forget to thank your past years because they enabled you to reach today! Without the stairs of the past, you cannot arrive at the future. – Mehmet Murat Ildan
103. This path was not that of my conscious choosing. But after persistent subconscious confrontation, I have finally embraced what is, ‘solely’ for me, and I am thankful when called upon, to be able to share and give to those who seek their own way of the path. – T.F. Hodge
104. Life is a web of intersections and choices. Your 1st choice is to recognize an intersection. Your 2nd choice is to be grateful for it. – Ryan Lilly
105. Always be thankful for the little things… even the smallest mountains can hide the most breathtaking views. – Nyki Mack
106. I am thankful to God every day for the Gift of Life because even if I were the richest in the world, I still wouldn’t afford to buy Life. – Gift Gugu Mona
107. Don’t brood over your misfortunes; be thankful for what you still have. – Latika Teotia
108. I am grateful for the grace of existence. – Lailah Gifty Akita
109. What am I most thankful for? LOVE! Because without it, I wouldn’t have a life. – Anthony T.Hincks
110. Never regret a day in your life. Good days give happiness, bad days give experience, worst days give lessons, and best days give memories.
111. Ungrateful people complain about the one thing you haven’t done for them instead of being thankful for the thousands of things you have done for them.
112. When asked if my cup is half-full or half empty, my only response is that I am thankful I have a cup.
113. Be thankful for the struggles you go through. They make you stronger, wiser and humble. Don’t let them break you. Let them make you.
114. Happy are those who take life day by day, complain very little and are thankful for the little things in life.
115. Happiness isn’t about getting what you want all the time. It’s about loving what you have and being grateful for it.
116. Be thankful for what you have. Your life, no matter how bad you think it is, is someone else’s fairytale.
117. A grateful heart is a magnet for miracles.
118. Upon waking, let your first thought be, Thank you.
119. Every day may not be good. But there’s something good in every day.
120. Give thanks to the Lord for he is good. His steadfast love endures forever. – Psalm 136
121. I am thankful for all those difficult people in my life. They have shown me exactly who I do not want to be.
122. Replace expectation with gratitude.
123. The secret of being happy is accepting where you are in life and making the most of every day.
124. I’m thankful for my struggle because without it I wouldn’t have stumbled across my strength.
125. Remember that life’s greatest lessons are usually learned at the worst times and from the worst mistakes.
126. In this world of sin and sorrow there is always something to be thankful for; as for me, I rejoice that I am not a Republican. – H. L. Mencken
127. A single grateful thought toward heaven is the most perfect prayer. Gotthold – Ephraim Lessing