Are you looking for nicknames for girls? We can’t really say for sure when nicknames started or where they started but we all have pet names for our family, friends, and yes even our pets get a nickname besides the name we have given them. It only makes sense that we give our lover a nickname as well. There are some that are often over used but generally nicknames have a meaning to the person who gave it, and the person who is receiving the nickname.
If you want to give your girlfriend a nickname try to make it special to her, think of her personality, her looks, is she from the city or country, what are her favorite things as far as music, movies, and books? What is her favorite food, snack, or drink? Write down 5 or 6 things that come to mind when thinking of these things and review it the next day.
So guys, you been dating your girlfriend for a while now and you may have already given her a nickname or maybe you’re trying to find the right nickname for her. We have put together a list of cute nicknames that you can choose from if you wish.
Cute Nicknames For Girls
1. Baby girl – this one is totally over used, especially since Derek Morgan on Criminal Minds used it for Penelope Garcia; however if she is your baby girl then by all means use it.
2. Angel eyes – a song made popular by the Jeff Healy Band, again a bit over used but if she is your Angel eyes then so be it, call her that.
3. Red – simply because she has red hair that you adore.
4. M’fhíorghrá – Irish for my true love.
5. Babe – frequently used but still works.
6. Doll – she is your doll or maybe she is petite like a doll, it’s also another oldie that has stood the test of time.
7. Baby doll – she is both your baby and your doll.
8. Anima mia –my soul in Italian.
9. Snookems – no logical meaning but if it fits use it.
10. Snookie – similar to snookems.
11. Sweetthang – she is your sweet thing.
12. Mimi – kitten in Haitian Creole.
13. Lover – simply because she is your love.
14. Sugar – she is sweet as sugar.
15. Dollface – she has the face of a doll, pretty and perfect.
16. Gorgeous – she is gorgeous to you.
17. Honey – she is sweet as honey.
18. Dream lover – she is a dream and the song says it all.
19. Farfalle –Italian for butterfly.
20. Pookie – a term of endearment.
21. Sunshine – she brings sunshine into your life.
22. Cuddle bug – she loves to cuddle.
23. Dreamboat – she is your dreamboat.
24. Vita mia – meaning my life in Italian.
25. Sweet pea – another one that really has no logical meaning but she is sweet so you call her sweet pea.
26. Pumpkin – you think she is first rate and cute.
27. Toots or Tootsie – back from the 30 and the gangster era but if it works why not.
28. Kitten – she is cute as a kitten also used in the 1920s for woman.
29. Hot lips – she has hot lips for you.
30. Belle – shortened from southern belle she has an air of sophistication.
31. Sweet cheeks – another oldie but still works today.
32. Sugar pie – sweet.
33. Mon chéri – my darling in French.
34. Honey bunch – an oldie but stands the test of time.
35. Buttercup – like the flower she brings light wherever she goes and especially to your life.
36. Love bug – she is your love and cute as a bug if you find bugs cute that is.
37. mhuirnín – Irish for darling
38. Sexy Lady – simply because you find her a very sexy lady.
39. Darling – an oldie that stands today.
40. Pooh -shortened from pooh bear.
41. Pooh bear – cute as a bear and fan of Winnie the Pooh.
42. Joy – she brings you joy.
43. Peach – she is sweet as a Georgia peach.
44. Dove – soft beautiful and somewhat fragile like a dove.
45. Chickadee – she is cute as a chickadee bird and speaks her own language that other women understand.
46. Babylicious – she is your baby and simply delicious.
47. Heaven – she is your heaven on earth.
48. Heavenly – she is your glimpse of heaven.
49. Little Lady – she may be little or short but she is always a lady and she is your lady.
50. Hun or Honey – another classic that has stood the test of time.
51. Ma belle –French for my beautiful.
52. Mi amor – Spanish for my love.
53. Baby boo – She’s your babe.
54. Precious – simply she is precious to you.
55. Freckles – if she has freckles that you find totally adorable.
56. Dream girl – the girl of your dreams.
57. Tesoro –Italian for sweetheart.
58. Mon coeur –French for my heart.
59. Bright eyes – her eyes are bright and mesmerizing.
60. Cupid – she struck your heart with her arrow of love.
61. Lover girl – she is the girl you love.
62. Princess – she is your princess.
63. Cinderella – variation on princess.
64. Pretty lady – she is delicate and beautiful and ladylike.
65. Sugar smacks – her kisses are sweet as sugar.
66. Gem – as beautiful and priceless as any gem.
67. Bebe tifi – baby girl in Haitian Creole
68. Bella – Italian for beautiful.
69. Sunny hunny – she is bright like sunshine and sweet like honey.
70. Treasure –she fills your life with treasures and riches emotionally.
71. Passion – she gives you passion in your life.
72. Jewel – like a gem.
73. Flame – she has the light of an eternal flame.
74. Caramella –Italian for candy, if she is sweet as candy, go for it.
75. Firecracker – she can explode with passion at any time.
76. Ma biche – French for my doe.
77. Baby cakes – from the 1950s but still a goodie.
78. Honey lips – her lips are as sweet as honey when she kisses you.
79. Dew drop – she is like the moist fragile dew drop that wets the earth in the morning quenching its thirst.
80. Oma – Indian for life giver.
81. Hot cakes – from the 1950s but she will love it.
82. Frou-Frou – you find her showy and flashy and you love that about her.
83. BeBe (mon bébé) – French for baby or my baby.
84. My peche – my peach.
85. Mon amant – French for my lover.
86. Ragazza Amante – Italian for lover girl.
87. Lovie – she is your love.
88. Mon cœur – French for my love.
89. Gorgeous girl – she is your gorgeous girl.
90. Sweet dream – she gives you sweet dreams.
91. Mia Princepessa –Italian for princess.
92. Love goddess – this will make her beam.
93. My girl – yes the temptations song says it all.
94. Süsse – sweetie in German.
95. Sexy girl – she is your sexy girl and telling her so makes her feel sexy.
96. Mon chou – French for my sweetheart.
97. Sweet stuff – similar to hot stuff.
98. My little angel – for those girls who never seem to get into trouble.
99. Pookie – has several slang meanings but if it means something personal to the two of you, use it.
100. Queen – she is the queen of your heart and life.
101. Musu – Indian for beautiful.
102. Mwen bebe – my baby in Haitian Creole.
103. Little dove – she is your little dove, white and peaceful full of love.
104. Cara Mia – my dear in Italian.
105. Sweet peach – she is sweet as a peach.
106. My temptress – she is your sweet temptress who can get you to take a day off just because.
107. Pinup – she has the body of a pinup and you want her to know it.
108. Luce mia – Italian for my light.
109. Embeleso – Spanish for sweetheart.
110. Cupcake – she is small and sweet like a cupcake.
111. Hot stuff – you find her hot and like to tell her so.
112. Blue eyes – obviously she has to have blue eyes.
113. Brown eyes – same as blue eyes.
114. Treasure trove – like a treasure chest she gives you abundant treasures in life.
115. Heart stopper – from the moment you first saw her, your heart stopped.
116. Light of my life – she has brought light into your life.
117. Sweet love – the sweetest love you have ever known.
118. Goldie – if she has blonde hair, goldie fits.
119. Baby doodle – if she is artsy and craftsy, this might fit.
120. Flower girl – if her passion is flowers, this is a good one.
121. Power puff – the girl who works hard but remains a girly girl.
122. Beautiful mind – for the girl who is not only beautiful but has a great mind.
123. Lady love – she is your lady love and she likes to hear that.
124. Ballerina – she is graceful and slight like a ballerina.
125. Goddess – she will love being your goddess.
126. Sweet Ballerina – similar to ballerina.
127. Sexy Legs –tell her you find her legs as sexy as any dancer.
128. Smoochie poo – you just love to get smoochie with her.
129. Sugar babe – she is your sweet babe.
130. Starshine – she shines as bright as any star.
131. Liebling – German for darling.
132. Lemon drop – if she likes lemon drops, I guess this works.
133. Hot pants – tell her you find her hot.
134. Sexy eyes – her eyes are sexy and you find them mesmerizing.
135. Beauty queen – you find her to be your beauty queen and enjoy telling her so.
136. My beautiful heart – she is your heart.
137. Sweet lips – her lips are as sweet as sugar.
138. Sun beam – she brings rays of sun into your home, heart, and life.
139. Moon beam – she sparkles like a moon beam.
140. Hot momma – even if she isn’t a momma yet, it says she will be more than a momma when she is.
141. Hottie tottie – tell her she is hot hot hot.
142. Withcy woman – she put a spell on you the moment you saw her.
143. Snuggle bear – cute cuddly and snuggly as a teddy bear.
144. Lovebird – like the love birds you want her with you always.
145. Pookie wookie – Made up word that doesn’t really have a meaning but if it fits then use it.
146. Sleeping beauty – it tells her she is fairy tale princess.
147. Lady love – your lady, your love and she will love to hear it.
148. My everything – tell her exactly what you feel for her.
150. Lover doll – she reminds you of a doll and still not so fragile that she can’t be your lover.
151. Angel of mine – she is your angel.
152. Boo – Louisiana Cajun endearment.
153. Scrumptious lady – your scrumptious lady of course.
154. Sweet baby – she will love to be your sweet baby.
155. Heart’s desire – she is your heart’s desire.
156. Douceur – French for sweetness.
157. Canoodle – I have no idea what this means or where it comes from but sounds a little risqué.
158. My one true love – tells her every day that she is the one.
159. My only love – tells her that you love her and only her.
160. My chica – tells her and everyone she is your girl.
161. Woman of my dreams – even if she knows it she still likes to hear it.
162. Sweetness – she is your sweetness.
163. Object of my affection – she will love to hear that she is yours.
164. Inamorata – Italian for woman I love.
165. My passion – she loves to hear that she is your passion.
166. Shnookums – not sure where this come from but it sounds cute.
167. Enchantress – she is your enchantress.
168. Kiah – Indian for new beginning.
169. Baby face – nothing makes her feel young and beautiful like baby face.
170. Sexy angel – she is an angel but still sexy.
171. Venus – let her know she is your goddess of love.
172. Button – she is cute as a button
173. Huggalump – I have no idea where this started but hey if it works for you then use it.
174. Cinnamon girl – sounds cute.
175. Cher –Louisiana Cajun for honey or dear.
176. Spunky – if she has a lot of spunk, this is good to use.
177. Bumpkin – country form of pumpkin.
178. My world – she will love to know she is your world every time you call her this.
179. Polly-polly – made up nickname that has no real meaning but it sounds cute.
180. Sexyness – no explanation necessary.
181. Shorty – only if it does not bother her that she is short.
182. Cariño – Spanish for honey, love.
183. Bubbles – if she has an effervescent personality, this is a great one.
184. Dream queen– the queen of your dreams.
185. Firefly – cute as a bug and lights up the room.
186. Envie –Louisiana Cajun, meaning hearts desire.
187. Dearheart – unique and affectionate.
188. Bee’s knees – from the 1920s extraordinary person, so if you call her this and she knows the meaning, she may or may not like it but give it a try.
189. Cat’s meow – from the 1920s, means she is splendid or stylish.
190. Mi osito – means little bear in Spanish.
191. Cat’s pajamas – from the 1920s, also means she is really cool in your eyes.
192. Dish – 1920s, meaning she is a looker.
193. Chippy – from the 1920s, at that time meant a woman of easy virtue, today may have a totally different meaning.
194. Hotsy-totsy – the 1920s way of saying her looks are pleasing.
195. Looker – 1920s meaning Pretty woman.
196. Moll – 1920s meaning girlfriend.
197. Engeltje – In Dutch, means little angel
198. Sheba – from the 1920s, means a woman with sex-appeal.
199. Turtledove – if she is unafraid of commitment.
200. China doll – beautiful and fragile and something to cherish.
201. Esposa – Spanish for wife.
202. Esha – Indian for desire.
203. Foxy – you find her hot.
204. Foxy lady – and yes you can play Jimi Hendrix Foxy lady for her.
205. Itoshii aisuru – Japanese for dear love.
206. Southern comfort – if she is from the south and brings you comfort and joy.
207. Bebelle –Louisiana Cajun for doll.
208. Jiya – Indian for sweetheart.
209. Dreamweaver – she weaves into your dreams.
210. Duchess – a title like princess that shows she is special.
211. A ghrá – Irish for love.
212. Lovie – tried and true.
213. Scrumptious – you find her simply scrumptious.
214. Bella mariposa –means beautiful butterfly.
215. Scrumptious angel – your angel that is totally scrumptious.
216. Tinkerbelle – she is your fairy.
217. Mo chuisle – Irish for my pulse.
218. Moya golubushka – Russian for my little dove.
219. Golubushka – Russian for lover (female lover).
220. Ahuva – Hebrew for beloved.
221. Dancing queen – she loves to dance.
222. Mi cielito – Spanish for my little heaven or sky.
223. Love muffin – she is your love and sweet like a muffin.
224. Hela – Indian for moonlight.
225. Alamea – Hawaiian for precious.
226. Ma beauté – French meaning my beauty.
227. Bunny love – she is cute and cuddly like a bunny.
228. Gaienne – Louisiana Cajun for girlfriend.
229. Pussycat – old but still works.
230. Magic lady – she works magic for you.
231. Kit kat – break her off a piece of a kit kat bar.
232. Ammu – Indian for sweet happiness.
233. Sweet one – similar to sweetness.
234. Amado – Spanish meaning beloved, darling.
235. Peach blossom – beautiful and sweet.
236. Ma colombe – French for my dove.
237. Lilly – she is as beautiful as a lily.
238. Schatzi – means honey sweety.
239. Palanggâ – In Tagalog, for a special loved one.
240. Mijn schat – Dutch for my treasure.
241. Canary – if she can sing, it works. If she can’t sing, it won’t work.
242. Mô shou /mawn shoo/ – Louisiana Cajun for sweetie.
243. Canan – Turkish meaning beloved.
244. Soulmate – you found your soulmate and want her to know it.
245. Sigal – Hebrew for treasure.
246. Hot honey – sweet hot and sticky.
247. Ebio – Egyptian for honey.
248. Angeleto – Little angel.
249. Bambina – means sexy girl.
250. Bodacious babe – means hot sexy woman.
251. Honeybird – cute and adorable.
252. Honeysuckle – she is sweet and beautiful like the flower.
253. Loverpie – cute and it works.
254. Luna – if your lady has a dark and mysterious side, this is the one for her.
255. Mithi – Punjabi meaning sweetie.
256. Noori– Arabic for my light.
257. Paramour – means lover.
258. Snuggley bear – totally cute, especially if she likes to snuggle and is cute as teddy.
259. Cherry blossom – very pretty.
260. My sweet queen – will make her feel special.
261. Sugar mama – kind of cute, as long as she doesn’t mind being called mama.
262. Sweetums – cute and tells her you think she is sweet.
263. Honey plum – sweet and juicy.
264. My buttercup – like buttercup but it tells her that she is yours.
265. Passion fruit – full of passion and sweet and juicy like the fruit.
266. Pretty lady – then you can play the song for her on a special date.
267. Sweet lover – sweet name for her.
268. Tigress – graceful and sleek, full of power.
You may also like our article: How To Make Her Miss You.
269. My binky boo – somewhat over the top but if it works for you then by all means use it.
270. Ecstasy queen – because when you are with her, you are ecstatic and in heaven.
271. Lambkins – sort of cute. If it works for you both, then go ahead and use it.
272. Corazon –means heart in Spanish.
273. Sex goddess – she will know how powerful and special you think she is with this nickname.
274. Amorcita – means little love which will work if she is small and slight. However if she is tall and medium to big, this might not be the wisest choice. She might wonder if the little is about how you feel.
275. Love genie – she has granted all your wishes in a lover.
276. Honeypot – she is always brimming with sweetness just like a honey pot.
277. Xena – she is your warrior princess.
278. Lacey – she is delicate as lace and lace looks great on her.
279. Juliet – as in Romeo and Juliet.
289. Bambi – Think this one over real well before running with it, you are either telling her she is a baby deer which okay and kind of cute or you sound like you think she is a stripper.
290. Lumlums – Doesn’t seem to have a real meaning but sounds cute.
291. Lady Godiva – if she is generous and somewhat daring, this might just fit.
When you decide to choose a nickname for your girlfriend, you need to keep in mind that the name should fit her in some way. Her personality, the things she likes, her physical attributes, are all things that you should be thinking about when you choose a nickname.
One thing you should NOT do is choose something like pudding, dumpling, or muffin bottom, these can be taken by her as you referring to her being fat. Donut sounds like she is an afterthought a dessert after the main meal. Another one to steer away from poopsie…. Why would you call your girlfriend poop??
It can be hard choosing a nickname for your girl, just use some common sense and you will be fine.