Whether it is a blind date or a first date with someone you are interested in, here are some funny questions to ask your date. This is a way to get to know them a little better, their sense of humor, things that are important to them, their family, and more. These will work even if you have been dating for a couple months.
We’ve compiled a list for you to choose from; while it is not a good idea to bombard these questions at your date, you can pick a few and see how the date goes. Who knows, when you get the few questions answered, you may decide this is someone you would like to get to know better.
Funny Questions To Ask A Guy Or Girl
1. Describe a moment that was embarrassing at the time but you now find funny.
2. Why does sour cream have an expiration date and how can you tell if it is still good?
3. Do you like “people watching” and can you come up with a story about them? Example: there is a couple walking down the street, where do you think they came from or are going and why?
4. What is your favorite comedy movie or show and why?
5. Which would you prefer a rainy Sunday at home or a day at the local flea market?
6. If you could have any job and not have to worry about how much you got paid what would that job be?
7. What is your favorite childhood memory? Why?
8. Would you choose camping or an amusement park for a weekend getaway?
9. Do people ever vanish with a trace?
10. Do you believe in the paranormal and would you go ghost hunting?
11. Which would you prefer: a television that only gets 3 channels that do not play anything you like or a room full of books?
12. What is your worst pet peeve?
13. Have you ever noticed that easy open packages never seem to open that easy?
14. Which character from a book or television show would you like to be more like and how so?
15. Could you go for a week without your cell/smart phone?
16. Do you think Lipton workers get coffee breaks?
17. What’s your favorite flavor of ice cream?
18. Do you prefer the country or the city?
19. What is the one thing you want to do the most before you die?
20. Which would you prefer red meat or tofu?
21. What type of sports do you like? Who is your favorite team?
22. Do you have a lot of friends or just a few very close friends?
23. Conspiracy theorist or not?
24. Which do you prefer: the gym or activities like bicycling, playing sports, hiking to get your exercise?
25. Are you still close to any of your childhood friends?
26. Have you ever noticed that everywhere you look, people are on their smart phones even when driving?
27. What do you think is the best way to deal with someone you dislike and how does that change if they intentionally annoy you or become aggressive with you?
28. Are you superstitious and which ones do you believe in?
29. What is your favorite and least favorite genre of Music? Movies? Books?
30. If you could be any other creature what would it be, and it doesn’t have to be a normal creature it could be a werewolf or the likes?
31. Cook in or take out? Can you cook?
32. How often do you drink?
33. What do you think is a good age to have your first child?
34. When was the last time you played a particle prank on someone and what was it?
35. If you could go anywhere in the universe for one day where would you go?
36. Snacks, junk food or healthy?
37. Do you think psychic abilities exist? Which one would you like to have?
38. Over all, do you think people are basically good or bad?
39. Pepsi or coke?
40. What is your favorite food and why?
41. If you had to choose between losing your sight or your hearing which would you choose?
42. Tell me about your favorite family vacation and what made it special?
43. Have you ever noticed that while the “experts” say we need to save the earth that we live in – a disposable world where everything that is made is disposable, razors, cups, plastic bottles, etc.?
44. If you could fix one thing in your country what would it be and how would you do it? Example, the unemployment rate or the deficit.
45. If you could change anything at all about yourself what would it be and why?
46. Do you have any phobias?
47. What do you think is the most appropriate way to deal with criminals like murderers? What about repeat offenders when it comes to robbery, sexual assault etc.?
48. If you could have only one of these three things, a smart phone, a car, or a house which would you choose and why?
49. If your life was made into a movie what genre would it fit in and what actor/actress would play you?
50. Do you play the lottery and what would you do if you won a large jackpot?
51. Have you ever done something to a friend that you regret doing?
52. Are you at all religious and which religion?
53. Describe the scariest experience you have ever had?
54. What do you believe is your best trait or characteristic?
55. Would you prefer to work at home or in an office?
56. What are your thoughts on pet names in a relationship?
57. What nickname has your friends given you?
58. Have you ever wondered about things like, what color would a chameleon be on a plain shirt, why a round pizza comes in a square box?
59. If you could meet any famous person who would you meet and why?
60. Do you think that reincarnation is possible?
61. Are you concerned with saving the earth for future generations?
62. What is the one movie you can watch over and over?
63. What are your thoughts on body piercing and tattoos?
64. Do you consider yourself prejudice or racists in anyway?
65. Have you ever broken the law?
66. What is your dream home, a medium sized house with enough room for you and a family or a mansion that is pretentious?
67. What is your idea of exotic food and have you ever tried any?
68. If you could use a time machine to go back in time to fix one thing or go to the future to see what it is like which would you do?
69. Do you consider yourself financially responsible meaning you live within your budget?
70. What is one thing you can’t be without?
71. What do you think is the best way to deal with this situation – you think your significant other is cheating on you?
72. If the police wanted to question you about something even as just as witness, do you think you should have a lawyer present?
73. Are you allergic to anything? What if you had a pet and I was allergic to it what would you do?
74. Describe your best and worst day ever?
75. How did you meet your best friend(s)?
76. What are your thoughts on vehicles having wifi taking into consideration that drivers can be distracted easily?
77. What are your thoughts on technology has it gone too far?
78. Do you think life is fair?
79. If you could invent a cure for one disease which disease would it be?
80. Do you donate to charities and which ones or do you donate your time instead?
81. If you found out there was a homeless person in your area would you help them and how?
82. Do you think politicians are honest and should they get paid as much money as they do and this includes the president?
83. Are you willing to try new things?
84. If you could trade places with anyone who would you trade places with and why?
85. If your significant other asked you to take dance classes with them, would you?
86. If you had to move to a new city how would you meet new people besides people with whom you work with?
87. What is your least favorite food?
88. What does success mean to you?
89. What five words do you think others would use to describe you?
90. What is your idea of a perfect date, a night out, a night in, or something like a dinner cruise on a boat?
91. What are your thoughts on marriage, are you pro or con marriage?
92. How would you deal with your significant other being ill something like Fibromyalgia in which they do not physically look ill but they could no longer do the things they used to do?
93. Have you ever felt like you met someone in a previous life?
94. Do you believe it is possible to have lived a previous life?
95. What is the one goal in life you want to achieve?
96. Which do you think is better to have money or family and friends?
97. If a stray dog showed up on your doorstep during a bad storm what would you?
98. If you saw a coworker steal something from the company what do you think is the best way to deal with that situation?
99. Have you ever used or would you consider using an online dating site?
100. What are your thoughts on who should make the first move in dating?
101. What would be the top two things you would want to know about the person you are dating?
102. Do you like playing play station games? Which is your favorite game and why?
103. Do you stay informed on current events and what do you use to do that, television, internet, radio, or newspaper?
104. Have you ever had a bad habit like smoking that you broke?
105. If the cashier at the store or restaurant gave you too much change back what would you do?
106. If you came across a stranded motorist would you stop to give assistance?
107. Would you ever put your parents in a nursing home even if they could be at home with some minimal help?
108. Have you ever lost a promotion or job that you really wanted to someone who was less qualified than you?
109. Did you have a favorite toy when you were a child and what was it?
110. Have you ever or would you ever consider being a big brother/ sister to a kid who needs a mentor? If so what do you think is the most important thing you can teach them?
111. If you could read minds, how would you use the gift?
112. What is your most cherished memory of your childhood?
113. What do you consider the funniest moment of your life?
114. Would you like to go back to school and continue your education? What would you study?
115. If you could have one talent, which one would you choose and why?
116. How important for you is it not to be late for appointments or dinner with guests?
117. If you could have anyone (living or dead) over to your house as a dinner guest who would it be and what would you feed them.
118. How well do you deal with stress and pressure?
119. If you could eliminate one law or make one new law, what would that law be and why?
120. What is your least favorite household chore, why, what chore will absolutely not do?
121. What do you think of surprises such as a surprise birthday party for you and how would you react to a surprise party?
122. When you are sick, do you want to be alone or have someone there to take care of you?
123. What would you be willing to do for a family member or friend who is in trouble with the law? Why? Would you be able to turn them in to the law?
124. What do you think is the right way to deal with someone who is spiteful or vindictive?
125. What would you do if you lost everything, your job, your house, your car, and your significant other?
126. What is your hobby and what do you like about it?
127. If all of a sudden there was a depression or there was no stores to buy food, clothing, etc. how would you manage?
128. How would you handle the situation if your family did not like and did not accept your choice of a significant other?
130. What is the funniest prank you pulled on a family member as a kid?
131. How did you celebrate holidays growing up? Which holidays?
132. Were you a mischievous trick or treater when you were younger and what about now?
133. How do you deal with drama with in your circle of friends?
134. Do you have anything that you collect?
135. Which are you – a person who follows a schedule or a go with the flow and do whatever whenever?
136. Are you a fashionista or just go with jeans and T’s and don’t care about fashion?
137. Do you or your family have any traditions?
138. What makes you feel most alive and why?
139. What is the best decision and worst decision you have ever made?
140. Are there any social causes you are involved with?
141. Is there anything you will never do again?
142. What are your plans for retirement, will it be quiet uneventful or are you planning on traveling?
143. What are your favorite comfort foods?
144. You’re going to a costume party, what is your ideal costume and why?
145. Do you believe in having a purpose or calling in life and what is yours?
146. Are you concerned with what other people think about you?
147. Can you take compliments or criticism and how do you handle each?
148. Do you need to be in control all the time and why?
149. Have you ever had a problem with weight, drugs, etc.?
150. If one of your friends hurt you, do you think they deserve a second chance and what reason would you not give them a second chance?
151. If you could be a super hero with powers what super hero would you be and why?
152. Is there a technology you wish you understood better?
153. Is there a technology you wish had never been invented?
154. If you had enough money so you never had to work again, what would you spend your time doing?
155. If you were able to have any one person not be able to lie to you when answering a question, who would you ask and what would you ask them? Why?
156. When it comes to friendship, what trait do you value the most and do you make friends easily?
157. When was the last time you were out of your comfort zone? And why?
158. Have you ever fired a gun and do you own a gun?
159. Do you consider yourself reliable and dependable? Would your friends consider you to be dependable and reliable?
160. Do you gamble even for charity? What is your favorite game?
161. Do you think you are a good judge of character? Have you ever been wrong?
162. Are you on social media and do you spend a lot of time on social media?
163. Have you ever been thrown out or banned from a public place? Why?
164. If a foreign force or aliens invaded your country, would you fight for your country and way of life or surrender and be dominated by the enemy?
165. Do you have a code or philosophy you live by?
166. Can you read directions and assemble furniture, small appliances, that sort of thing?
167. Do you know how to change the oil in your car and change a flat tire?
168. What do you do for me time? Fishing, read, spa?
169. Have you taken self-defense classes?
170. Is there any situation in which you would run instead of face it head on? Why?
171. Do you like to grow plants and vegetables or would you rather buy them?
172. Do you know how to bake? What is your favorite thing to bake?
173. When you cook something for the first time, do you follow the recipe exactly or leave items out that you don’t like or add items that are not in the recipe because you think they will be a great add and make the recipe even better?
174. If you were asked to make one item from one category, which would you choose? Technology, food, clothing, or furniture? What item would you make?
175. What is your favorite beverage?
176. What is your favorite pizza? Cheese, pepperoni, supreme?
177. If you spotted a child from an Amber alert or just thought the child might be the child from the Amber alert what would you do?
178. If you saw someone being attacked would you call 911 and then intervene, intervene and then call 911 or just call 911 and hide in the shadows?
179. Have you ever skipped school or played hooky from work to go do something like a party at the lake or a concert?
180. Are you an organ donor? If you were going to need life support for the rest of your life, what would be your wish, stay on life support or not?
You may also like our article: Good Questions To Ask A Girl You Like.
181. Have you ever wondered if we evolved from Apes then why are there still Apes?
182. Are you a creative person if so what type of things do you create?
183. Do you consider yourself a romantic? Describe your idea of a romantic date
184. Have you ever needed professional help with a problem?
185. When you are having a small party, do you prefer board games, card games, or dice? Pool or darts?
186. Do you admit when you are wrong and apologize if you need to?
187. Have you ever been in a fist fight? What was the reason for the fight?
188. If you were on you way to work or some other appointment and saw an animal in distress (maybe drowning), would stop and help it or ignore it so you wouldn’t be late?
189. Have you ever blamed someone else for something you did?
190. If you noticed someone in a building that was on fire and the fire department wasn’t there yet, would you go in to try to save that person?
191. If you were a waiter/waitress and the customer was rude to you, would you spit in their food?
192. Are you taking applications for a girlfriend/boyfriend?
193. Are you naughty or nice?
We hope these questions will give you a better understanding of each other. Remember when answering the questions, be honest because this is about getting to know each other.