When you meet a new potential love interest, you will want to know everything you can about them. From their middle name to their most traumatic childhood memory, it is natural to want to get to know that person as well as you can. While you can just ask someone to tell you everything, it helps if you have specific questions to ask. You might be surprised, for better or for worse, what you can learn about a new person in your life when you ask just a few get to know you questions.
Asking a few questions can make you feel even more interested in him/her. You might even discover that you have a few experiences and opinions in common. Or you might realize that this person is not right for you. Either way, it is good to find out.
Even if you are already with someone, it is always great to try and get to know them better. Whether you have been dating for a month or a decade, it does not matter. There is always more to can learn about your boyfriend or girlfriend.
For some people, knowing certain things about a person can be very important to them. You might want to know what your romantic interest’s life goals are or what their fears entail.
Maybe you will want to know their hopes and dreams. Or you could even just be interested in knowing what his favorite ice cream flavor is.
While you can definitely come up with some questions of your own to ask, you might occasionally draw a blank even if you know that you would like to know more. These questions below will help you to really get to know the romantic interest that is in your life.
In fact, these questions are even great for friends and family members. They make great ice breakers when you are meeting new people as well.
Take a look at the questions below. Ask the person that you are interested in a few of these questions. You can even ask them all of the questions that are on this list.
You can even make a date of it and ask some of these questions over a candlelit dinner or during a walk through a beautiful park. There are many scenarios in which these questions could add a lot of fun to a nice date with your significant other.
When you are going on a first date with someone, these questions could help you avoid those awkward silences. Instead of trying to force conversation, you can have a few fun questions up your sleeve.
If you and your date have any chemistry, then you might find that the conversation will eventually begin to flow at a comfortable pace. Either way, these questions will encourage you two to really get to know each other. You might even have some laughs and a few heartfelt moments along the way.
Get To Know You Questions
1. What is your favorite time of year?
2. Do you have a favorite season?
3. What is your favorite holiday?
4. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
5. What is your favorite thing to eat?
6. Where were you born?
7. Do you have any siblings? What are they like?
8. What is your middle name?
9. Where are you from?
10. What were some of your favorite things to do growing up?
11. Where did you go to school?
12. What was your favorite subject?
13. What was your least favorite subject?
14. Did you have any fashion faux pas in high school?
15. What did you like to wear when you were growing up?
16. Were you more of a rebel, jock, or nerd in high school?
17. Do you still keep in touch with anyone from school?
18. Were you ever a teacher’s pet?
19. Have you ever accidentally seen someone naked?
20. Has anyone ever accidentally seen you naked?
21. What is the most trouble that you got into at school?
22. If you could do high school all over again, would you?
23. Do you play any musical instruments?
24. Do you know any other languages?
25. Do you have a famous role model?
26. Have you ever lived in another country before?
27. What is the longest amount of time that you spent in another country?
28. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
29. What is one thing on your bucket list?
30. Where would you like to retire?
31. Do you have kids?
32. Do you want kids one day? How many?
33. Do you have any ideas for baby names?
34. What kind of parent do you think you’d be?
35. Do you like to dance?
36. Do you like to sing karaoke?
37. Do you like to cook?
38. Do you have a favorite author?
39. What kind of music do you like?
40. What do you like to do in your free time?
41. Where is the last place you traveled to?
42. What was your last vacation like?
43. Do you have any pets?
44. Do you like cats or dogs?
45. Are you afraid of mice?
46. Are you afraid of spiders?
47. Do you have a nickname? What is it?
48. What is your favorite color?
49. What is a big pet peeve of yours?
50. Do you have any guilty pleasures?
51. Do you have any favorite TV shows?
52. What is your favorite movie?
53. Do you know how to swim?
54. Are you athletic?
55. What are your favorite stores to shop at?
56. What is one of your most embarrassing moments?
57. What is your favorite food?
58. Are you an adventurous eater?
59. Would you ever participate in an eating contest?
60. What is something that you eat on a regular basis?
61. What would you want your last meal to be?
62. What is the most unusual thing that you have eaten?
63. If you could be a superhero, what superpower would you want?
64. Would you rather be able to turn invisible or be able to fly?
65. What is the longest that you have gone without sleep?
66. How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
67. What is one of your recent accomplishments?
68. How old were you when you learned the truth about Santa Claus?
69. Did you have a favorite TV show when you were growing up?
70. Do you like to collect anything (i.e. coins, stamps, rare books, etc.)
71. What are 3 things that you would take with you on a deserted island?
72. Who was your first celebrity crush?
73. Who is your current celebrity crush?
74. Have you ever met a famous person?
75. If you could see one band or musician in a concert, who would it be?
76. Have you ever had front-row seats to a show (play or concert)?
77. Have you ever failed to return a library book?
78. Have you ever had (orthodontic) braces?
79. Do you have any phone numbers memorized?
80. What is something you have done that you would never do again?
81. Do you have any irrational fears?
82. What kind of childhood did you have?
83. What is one of your biggest accomplishments?
84. What is the first website that you go on at the beginning of the day?
85. Besides your e-mail, what are 3 websites that you always check every day?
86. Do you think that you spend more than 1 hour a day on the internet?
87. Do you like to play video games?
88. How many people have you dated?
89. If you got engaged, how long would you want to wait before getting married?
90. What kind of wedding would you want?
91. What is your idea of a good proposal?
92. If you are a guy, would you ever want a girl to propose to you?
93. If you are a girl, would you ever propose to a guy?
94. Have you ever been with the same gender?
95. What is your favorite pair of shoes?
96. Have you ever won an award for anything?
97. Do you think you are like your parents? How so?
98. Have you had any big life changes recently?
99. What is something that you feel passionate about?
100. What kind of animal would you be?
101. What is something that can make you really mad?
102. Do you see the glass as half empty or half full?
103. If you had to give up one of your five senses for the rest of your life, which one would it be: sight, sound, touch, taste, or smell?
104. Would you rather be blind or deaf?
105. If you could live in a book, what would it be?
106. Which family member are you closest to?
107. What would you do if you had a million dollars?
108. What is something that holds you back in life?
109. What is a perfect day for you?
110. What is something that you would love to learn how to do?
111. Do you prefer the countryside or an urban setting?
112. What is your favorite kind of candy?
113. What do you like to eat for breakfast?
114. If you had one week left to live, what would you do?
115. If you could get into a time machine, would you rather travel back in time to the 1900’s, 1920’s, or 1950’s?
116. Do you ever sing in the shower?
117. If you could choose how it would happen, how would you want to die?
118. Would you ever want to be famous? What for?
119. What qualities do you look for in a friend?
120. What qualities do you look for in a boyfriend or girlfriend?
121. How much do you care about looks when it comes to finding a boyfriend or girlfriend?
122. When dating someone, is weight a big deal to you?
123. Do you like to go to the gym?
124. Do you like to go to concerts?
125. Do you like to go see plays?
126. Do you like to go to the movies?
127. Are you close to your family?
128. When is the last time you cried?
129. If you died tonight, would you have any regrets?
130. If your house was on fire, what is one possession (not a person or pet) that you would save?
131. Do you prefer to dress up or dress down?
132. If there was one event in history you could prevent, what would it be?
133. Name a celebrity that you would want to be best friends with.
134. How do you think the world will be different in 50 years?
135. What is something that draws you to people?
136. Have you ever had a crush on a teacher? Do you think he or she knew?
137. Do you remember who your first crush was?
138. What is one place that you have traveled to?
139. Would you ever date someone who has been married before?
140. Would you ever date someone who is still married?
141. Would you ever date someone who has kids?
142. How many kids would you want?
143. Do you like to sing karaoke?
144. Do you have any favorite karaoke songs?
145. If you had your own holiday, what would be a required activity?
146. What would a holiday named after you be called?
147. Were you brought up in a particular religion?
148. Are you religious?
149. Do you believe in an afterlife?
150. Do you believe in God?
151. Do you like rainy days?
152. Do you like snow?
153. Tell me about your worst weather experience.
154. Have you ever ridden a horse?
155. Do you like rollercoasters?
156. Have you ever gone scuba diving?
157. Have you ever gone rock climbing?
158. Have you ever climbed a mountain?
159. Do you know how to bake?
160. Do you know how to cook?
161. What is your favorite dish to make?
162. What do you usually do for the holidays?
163. What are your parents like?
164. What are/were your grandparents like?
165. What was your first job?
166. What was your worst job?
167. What was your first car?
168. How old were you when you got your driver’s license?
169. How many times did you have to take your driving test?
170. Have you ever gotten a driving ticket?
171. What is your dream car?
172. What is your dream home like?
173. Who is the last person you spoke on the phone with?
174. Where would you want to retire?
175. How do you like to exercise?
176. Are you double jointed?
177. Are you a lefty, righty, or ambidextrous?
178. If you could change your first or last name, what would you change it to?
179. If you could, would you want to be immortal?
180. What would be the title of your autobiography?
181. When did you have an experience that ultimately made you a stronger person?
182. What is one of the best meals that you have ever had?
183. What is something that you learned recently?
184. Do you have a favorite restaurant?
185. What is your least favorite food?
186. What is the nicest thing that anyone has ever said to you?
187. What is the meanest thing that anyone has ever said to you?
188. How would you describe yourself in one word?
189. What instrument would you want to play?
190. What music did you like to listen to as a teenager?
191. What would you do if you were a millionaire for one day?
192. Do you like public displays of affection or do they bother you?
193. How do you show someone that you care about them?
194. What is one fashion trend that you like?
195. What is one fashion trend that you don’t like?
196. Do you have any weird talents?
197. What is your favorite dance move?
198. How do you know when you like someone?
199. What is your favorite childhood movie?
200. What is your favorite thing from your closet?
201. Do you have any phobias?
202. Would you ever want to live with your parents again?
203. What is your favorite way to eat an egg?
204. What is your favorite way to eat a potato?
205. Do you have a favorite condiment?
206. Do you prefer hamburgers or hot dogs?
207. Who is someone that you really miss?
208. What is something that you wish you could change about yourself?
209. Who is the worst neighbor you ever had?
210. Would you ever go bungee jumping?
211. What is your favorite movie genre?
212. Have you ever milked a cow?
213. Do you know how to sew?
214. Do you follow politics and current events?
215. What are your favorite pajamas?
216. What is the worst thing that you ever cooked?
217. Pick one thing that you would love to win a lifetime supply of.
218. Have any of your views changed over the years?
219. What was your hometown like? Is it any different there now?
220. What is the funniest prank that you have ever done?
221. Did you ever do anything to earn money when you were a kid?
222. How do you spend your birthdays?
223. Have you ever had a surprise party?
224. What did you do for your last birthday?
225. Do you remember the first time that you were away from home?
226. Do you have any funny stories about your family?
227. Have you ever been to summer camp?
228. Have you ever gone camping before? Would you do it again?
229. What was one of your best dates?
230. What was one of your worst dates?
231. What was your high school mascot?
232. What was/is your dream university?
233. If you could participate on a game show, which show would it be?
234. If you could be in a T.V. show, which ones would it be?
235. Would you rather stand out in the freezing cold with just a bathing suit on or stand out in the hot sun with layers of clothing and a coat?
236. What is your favorite animal?
237. What is usually your first thought when you wake up in the morning?
238. Do you believe in aliens?
239. Do you believe in magic?
240. Have you ever had your fortune told? If not, would you do it?
241. Do you believe in psychics?
242. Do you believe in paranormal creatures?
243. How do you like to spend the weekend?
244. If you could get a completely new wardrobe, what would you buy for yourself?
245. Do you have any exciting plans coming up?
246. Would you ever get someone’s name tattooed on you?
247. Would you get a face tattoo that covers half of your face and never have it removed for $10,000,000?
248. Have you ever kissed someone at midnight on New Year’s?
249. How do you like to spend Valentine’s Day?
250. Do you like to dress up for Halloween?
251. Have you ever dressed up in a couples costume or a group costume?
252. If you lost your job today, what would you do?
253. Have you ever lived with a significant other?
254. Have you ever had to share a room with someone?
255. Have you ever had a roommate?
256. Have you ever kissed on the first date?
257. Have you ever done more than kiss on the first date?
258. What is the most casual date that you have been on?
259. What is the fanciest date that you have been on?
260. How do you like to celebrate anniversaries (if you have had any)?
261. How much does it matter to you that your family and friends like your significant other?
You may also like our other article: Conversation Starters.
While these are already plenty of questions for you to ask, the number of questions that you can ask that special someone is infinite. If you have a question that pops into your head, you can even write it down and save it for later.
No question is too big or too small to ask, though you might want to remember to be tactful if you do not know this person that well yet. And if there are certain topics that are sensitive, then you might want to steer clear of those subjects. Still, there are so many possible questions out there for you to ask, and even more possible answers for you to discover.
If you and this person are meant to be, then some of these answers might make you fall in love with him/her. You might develop a stronger bond than before because you will know more about what makes him/her special. As a result, this person could even become special to you.
So get out there and get to know your special someone. You never know what the answers might be. Whether they are different from your own or are actually similar to how you might answer, you can have plenty of fun regardless.
When you ask these get to know you questions and receive an answer, don’t forget to listen attentively. Fewer things are unattractive than a person who is a terrible listener. Remember to always keep it fun and spontaneous. Then the conversation will never get boring.