You’re excited, you have a date tomorrow night and if you’re a girl you need to figure out what to wear or how to do your hair. A Guy usually is going to figure out where he will take you on your date and what he is going to wear. He may even decide he needs to wash his car or truck for the occasion. Weather you are going on a date or just hanging out with your friends or new guests at the party, ice breaker questions will help you get to know one other.
Icebreakers should be relaxing and non-threatening. They should not embarrass the participants and not show disrespect for any social and professional hierarchies. 
Here are a list of questions you can choose from to break the ice on the first date or at the party. Pick and choose the questions that you want to know about someone. These are not a marathon game of questions, just ice breakers to get the conversation going so you can get to know one another.
Ice Breaker Questions
1. What is your astrological sign?
2. What is your favorite cuisine?
3. What’s the last movie you watched at the theater?
4. What’s your favorite music?
5. What is your favorite meal?
6. What is your favorite dessert?
7. Do you have siblings? How many?
8. Are your siblings older or younger than you?
9. Where do you work and what do you do there?
10. Are you a pet (dog or cat) person?
11. How close are you to your siblings, besides being siblings are they also your best friends?
12. Are you close to your parents?
13. What the car or truck you would like the most to own? ’69 Stingray, 2015 GMC Sierra truck? That type of thing.
14. Have you been here (restaurant/bar) before?
15. How would you rate this restaurant?
16. How would you rate this place as a date place?
17. When is your birthday?
18. What is your favorite holiday?
19. What is your usual choice of beverage?
20. What does health and fitness mean to you?
21. What holiday no longer holds the meaning for you that it used to?
22. What is your usual breakfast?
23. What TV character are you most like and why?
24. What foods do you not like and will not eat?
25. What are the most important qualities in a friend for you?
26. What do you normally look for in a relationship?
27. Are you looking for a relationship?
28. Which season is your most favorite?
29. Which season is your least favorite?
30. What is your favorite flower?
31. What is your favorite color?
32. What is the one household chore that you absolutely hate doing?
33. Do you prefer to live in the country or the city? Why?
34. What is your favorite thing to do on your day off?
35. Are you a practical joker?
36. How do you like surprises?
37. Is the job you have the kind of work you wish to be doing?
38. Are you the life of the party or a wallflower?
39. Are you a morning or a night person?
40. Are you a good driver? Any tickets? Accidents?
41. Do you know how to cook?
42. Can you sew?
43. Did your parents teach you how to do laundry?
44. What was your favorite after school and summer job? Which one was your least favorite?
45. Would you like to go to college? What for?
46. Do you prefer the performing arts or would you rather go to an amusement park?
47. Which would you like better, a quiet night in or dine out and a movie?
48. What do you think is the best way to handle someone who is picking a fight with you?
49. What exercises do you prefer?
50. Are you outdoor or indoor person?
51. Which is your choice, diamonds or pearls?
52. Which teacher in school was the biggest influence on your life and why?
53. What are your best and worst qualities?
54. Do you have any special talent?
55. Do you think everyone deserves a second chance?
56. What is your stance on the death penalty?
57. What is your preference of travel; plane, train, or auto?
58. Which would you rather do, go horse riding or 4 wheeling?
59. What do you think when it comes to the supernatural? Do you believe it?
60. If you could do anything and money wasn’t an issue, what would you do? Where would you go and why?
61. What is your opinion on technology, has it gone too far or not far enough?
62. Which illness would you cure if you could only cure one? Why that one?
63. What is the one thing you want to accomplish most?
64. What is the one thing you want do the most before you die?
65. How would you handle a dispute with a neighbor regarding property lines?
66. Are you spiritual?
67. What is your religion? Do you still practice?
68. What would you do to protect a family member? How about a friend?
69. Have you ever been in trouble with the law, even a minor problem?
70. If you could have a do over for one day only, what day would it be? Why?
71. Do you see yourself being a parent? If so, how many kids would you want?
72. What would you do if you saw someone commit a serious crime?
73. If you were driving through the country and came across someone who was stranded, would you stop and help them?
74. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
75. When was the last time you were on a date?
76. Are you an organ donor?
77. If you could save the life of a complete stranger by donating a portion of your liver or a kidney, would you do it?
78. Have you ever had a serious illness where you were hospitalized?
79. Name a remake of a movie or song that you can’t stand and why?
80. Are you punctual or habitually late?
81. Have you ever had a nightmare, night after night until you spoke to someone about it?
82. Do you believe dreams are the result of the subconscious trying to work out problems or just dreams?
83. If you were stranded on an island all alone and could have one thing with you, what would that one thing be?
84. If you could change one law, which one would it be? Why?
85. What is your morning routine?
86. What are your goals in life?
87. Would you consider putting your parent(s) in a nursing home?
88. Do you smoke? Are smokers a problem for you?
89. Who is your favorite author?
90. Which book would you recommend by your favorite author? Why?
91. Do you like actual books or electronic books better? Why?
92. Are there any magazines you subscribe to?
93. Do you hunt? Is it for food or sport?
94. Are you into the whole organic food thing? Why?
95. Do you believe everything printed in the newspaper or that you hear on the news, tv or radio? Or do you ask questions and do research?
96. Social media, yes or no? How much time to do you spend on it every day?
97. How often do you check and post on social media?
98. What is your favorite way to celebrate your birthday?
99. Do you decorate inside, outside or both for any of the holidays? Which ones?
100. Can you tell me about your worst nightmare?
101. If you could trade lives with anyone, who would you choose to trade it with?
102. How important is money to you? Is enough to pay the bills, have a little left for fun money good enough for you or do you want more?
103. If you were married and had kids, would you take them to the grandparents’ house on Christmas or ask that the grandparents come to your place?
104. What do you think is better ,a college education or a trade such as plumbing, carpentry, etc.?
105. Do you think traditional medicine is the only way to go or do you think combining holistic medicine with traditional medicine works better?
106. What country would you like to visit?
107. Are you still close to your childhood best friend?
108. Have you lost touch with anyone from school that you wish you could get in touch with now?
109. What is the best way to deal with disagreements? Do you work them out right away or let them build up until you explode?
110. Have you ever hit a woman? Is there any situation that it would be ok to hit a woman?
111. What is one thing you have always wanted to try?
112. Are you adventurous?
113. Do you like to dance? Is there a type of dance you prefer to do?
114. Are there any outdoor activities you like?
115. Is your job something you love to do or is it just a stop on the way to the job you really want?
116. What do you think of politics?
117. Which political party do you think best fits your ideas on how things should be?
118. If you are in trouble or have problems with a relationship, who do you talk to?
119. Whose opinion matters to you?
120. If you didn’t have to worry about money, what would you be doing?
121. Would you rather work for yourself or someone else?
122. Are you a procrastinator?
123. How many different places have you been to? Which places were your favorites?
124. What is one habit you have kicked that you are proud of getting over?
125. If you could go back in time and change one thing, what would that be?
126. What do you think is the hardest part about meeting someone on a first date?
127. What is your favorite saying?
128. Have you ever broken the law (even minor)?
129. Are you a half full half empty glass type of person?
130. Are you mechanically handy or do you hire someone to get it done?
131. Do you think men should open doors for women?
132. What do you believe is the role of men/women?
133. Are you the jealous type?
134. Do you gamble?
135. How would you handle the situation if you had a party and someone who had too much to drink wanted to drive home?
136. What prior engagement would you cancel if a friend needed emotional support because their girlfriend/boyfriend broke up with them?
137. What would you do if your parents didn’t like the person you were dating? What if it became more serious and you were marrying someone your parents didn’t like or approve of?
138. Do you think women should be self-sufficient when it comes to their homes and cars when it comes to repairs (either do repair themselves or hire someone to get it done?
139. Have you ever been in financial trouble?
140. Do you stick to a budget?
141. Do you play hooky from work for any reason?
142. Have you ever taken anything from work home with you for your own personal use?
143. Can you roll with the changes or do they upset you?
144. Are you scared that there may be another major terrorist attack?
145. Do you trust the government to keep us secure from terrorist attacks?
146. Are you a conspiracy theorist?
147. How much time do you spend on Facebook every day?
148. Do you have a plan for retirement? A set age, what and where you will go and do when you retire? How much money it will take?
149. Do you save some of your pay for an emergency fund?
150. Of all your possessions which one is the one you treasure most?
151. Are you ticklish?
152. What is your definition of a meaningful relationship?
153. What makes you feel safe?
154. How do you drink coffee, cream and sugar or black?
155. What’s the craziest gag gift you ever received? Given?
156. How many pairs of shoes do you own? Handbags?
157. Do you have a code you live by? What is it?
158. Are you a shopaholic?
159. What’s your idea of fun on your day off?
160. Is there anything you would feel right about protesting?
161. Do you believe in fate, karma?
162. What is one of the most fun things you and your roommate have done?
163. What is your notion of a good time? Conversation?
164. Casual or formal dress, which is the one you like most dressing in?
165. What is a real turn off for you?
166. What sport would you play if you were a pro athlete?
167. When it comes to a friend, what is the most important quality?
168. What kind of dinner, social setting, or party is out of your comfort zone?
169. How many relationships have you had? How many times have you been in love?
170. What hobbies do you have?
171. What is your ultimate date movie?
172. Do you collect anything?
173. Have you ever dated more than one person at a time?
174. What would you do if you found a large sum of money in either a briefcase or wallet?
175. What do you feel is the right way to handle an invite to a party if someone you can’t stand will also be there, would you still go or not?
176. If you could change one law what would it be?
177. What are your favorite snacks for tv or game night?
178. Is there anything you want to do but haven’t done yet?
179. Is there an ex you would consider getting back together with?
180. What is one thing that irritates you the most?
181. What do you think you should or would do if you knew someone was selling or making drugs?
182. How long after you start dating do you introduce the person to your friends and family?
183. Would you rather work for yourself or someone else?
184. Have you had any surgeries?
185. Do you have any birthmarks?
186. If you get lost on a trip, do you ask for directions?
187. What is your favorite cookie?
188. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
189. Do you have any talents?
190. What is the one vegetable you can’t stand and won’t eat?
191. Which birthday party was your favorite?
192. What is your favorite mixed drink?
193. Are you a neat freak or slightly messy?
194. Do you have any medical issues that you take medications for?
195. Do you have any scars? How did you get them?
196. Have you ever been involved in an auto accident?
197. What is one thing you have done, that you wish you hadn’t done?
198. Do you like thunderstorms?
199. What is your opinion on turning off tv when you get company?
200. What charities do you donate to? Do you also give your time or just money?
201. Do you think you will become the person that you want to be ?
202. Who is the person you want to be?
203. Are you willing to fight for your country?
204. What would you do if discovered that one of your family members was a wanted murderer?
205. Do you wake up ready to talk or do you want to be left alone?
206. How many cups of coffee does it take you to get moving?
207. What do you consider your biggest weakness?
208. What is your biggest strength?
209. Do you have a short fuse?
210. Do you pay attention to the price that rings up at the register?
211. Is there something you wouldn’t do for anything? Something you would do?
212. Are you one of those people who is constantly posting selfies?
213. What is one thing you did with your dad when you were growing up?
214. Did you and your mom have anything special that just the two of you did together when you were growing up?
215. What is your favorite pizza as far as toppings?
216. Pepsi or Coke?
217. If you could have 3 wishes what would they be?
218. If you wanted to create a new identity for yourself, how would you do that? How would that identity differ from who you are?
219. Do you enjoy cooking/baking? What is your favorite thing to cook or bake?
220. Do you enjoy massages? What area do you most enjoy massaged?
221. If you had to go on the run, what is one thing you would want to take with you?
222. Do you like camping? Tent or RV?
223. What is your nickname if you have one?
224. Would you ever live in NY City? Why or why not?
225. What is more important to you than a good night’s sleep?
226. Do you get upset when you lose?
227. What song fits your life as a theme at the moment?
228. Do you remember the first album/cd you bought?
229. What is your favorite game to play at parties?
230. Do you believe in love at first sight, soulmates, or true love?
231. Do you use vitamins and supplements for help maintaining health and fitness?
232. Did you continue your education past high school with college or trade school?
233. Who in your personal life is the one you admire most and why?
234. What would you go without to save money?
235. Do you ever sit down to watch a re-run of a show when it’s on and which show is it?
236. Do you have any Christmas movies that you watch every season? Which one(s)?
237. What makes you really laugh?
238. Do you have an interest that you have never really pursued? What is it?
239. What is the first thing you do to relax when you get home from work?
240. What is your favorite item of clothing?
241. What do you like most to see the other sex in? Dress, jeans, tees?
242. Are you a leader or a follower?
243. What condiment do you use the most?
244. Do you believe it is important to communicate with your partner?
245. What do you think is the best way to keep communication open?
246. Do you eat salads often? What type of dressing do you use?
247. Is there a major experience you had that made you who you are today? Tell me about it.
248. Were you ever punished for something you didn’t do? Did you know who did it? Why didn’t you say who did it?
249. Have you ever been to the seashore? How did it make you feel to stand on the beach and look out at the ocean?
250. What in nature makes you feel small?
You may also like our article: Funny Questions To Ask A Guy Or Girl.
If you just started dating someone, you can ask a set of questions on the first date and when you get to the second and third date, ask a few more of these questions each time, and any time after that when you are together and you will get to really know the person you are seeing. It is also a good way to learn how to communicate with each other, and communication is the key to any good and lasting relationship.